• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• The Daily Jot
• Day of Rage: DON'T DO IT, AMERICA!
• A Big Thank You to . . .
• A Very Special 9/11 Service
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
• A Special Invitation
Greetings! Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Friday, September 9, 2011
"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Thess. 5:9)
NEW! BEGIN TO PRAY NOW FOR THE ELECTIONS IN 2012.
Use our Prayer Guide, by going here
The Daily Brief
1. Iran's nuclear dream comes true - Asia Times Online
Iran's much-delayed Russian-built nuclear power plant in Bushehr went on line on September 4, heralding a new era for the country that promises even greater national investment in nuclear energy in the coming years, irrespective of whatever external pressures come to bear on Tehran.
- God, open the eyes of the blind, as indicated here, that they not give themselves to play out the roles that satan has given them, to bring destruction and live their lives totally under the guise of total deception and they end up standing bankrupt before the God of the universe on that final day of judgment. Redeem their souls from eternal destruction. Deal with their hearts by the Holy Spirit and draw as many as possible from the lake of fire. In Jesus' Name.
- "For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkens unto God shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil."(Proverbs 1:32-33)
2. Obama Calls for 'Balanced Plan' of Spending Cuts, Tax Reform - VOA News
Obama has urged a joint session of the U.S. Congress to end what he calls the "political circus" in Washington, and move rapidly to approve job creation legislation he is sending to Capitol Hill. - God, this new plan of "job creation legislation," which could total at least $300 billion, has a hidden political agenda of flare to attract favorable attention for the president in 2012.
But God, we look to You to uncover and reveal the secrets of his heart and let not the U.S. Congress be duped by the appealing sounds of deception. We ask that the mighty wind of the holiness of the Lord sweep over this "rapid move to approve job creation" and block it, discard it, and bring it down in utter defeat by Your power. Save America, Lord. In Jesus' Name.
- "The Lord is good, a stronghold and refuge in the day of trouble; and He knows them that trust in Him. But with an overrunning flood He will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue His enemies. What are you plotting against Jehovah? He will make a complete destruction."(Nahum 1:7-9)
3. ALERT!!!! Feds: Zawahiri Launched Al Qaeda Terror Plot for 9/11 Anniversary - ABC
News U.S. authorities are scrambling to sort through information that the CIA developed in the past 24 hours indicating that at least three individuals entered the U.S. in August by air with the intent to launch a vehicle-borne attack against Washington, D.C. or New York around the anniversary of 9/11, according to intelligence officials.
- Father in heaven, place Your gift of godly discernment, intelligence, judgment and clear eyesight and hearing upon the CIA, and all those working with them to uncover this deadly plot to reenact the heinous destruction of 9/11. Dispatch speedily the warring angels from heaven to come down and fight the ungodly forces of evil. By the blood of Jesus, cover Washington, D.C., New York and all cities that are under attack. Cast the evil perpetrators to the ground and underfoot. Render them powerless and their weapons reek with sawdust and dead cells. We declare victory over the impending darkness through the Name of Jesus our Lord. Amen and Amen.
- "The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he sees that his day is coming. Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken." (Psalm 37:12,13,15)
4. Brennan: Al-Qaeda offshoot in Yemen gaining strength as a powerful domestic insurgency - Washington Post
U.S. intelligence officials have described al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula as the world's "most operationally active" global terrorist organization, traditionally focused on regional and international targets in coordination with al-Qaeda's core group in Pakistan's tribal regions.
- Father, weaken this Al-Qaeda offshoot in Yemen. Bring confusion and division to their organization. Let every plan for evil boomerang back on them. Reveal all plans of the enemy.
- " He delivered me from my strong enemy and from those who hated and abhorred me," ( Psalm 18:17)
5. Worst Flooding since Agnes on Susquehanna in Pennsylvania - AccuWeather
The worst flooding since Agnes in 1972 is just beginning in the valleys of the Susquehanna, forcing hundreds of thousands from their homes in Pennsylvania and New York.
- Father, we pray for those who are being forced from their homes due to the floods. We pray mercy and grace over them during this time. May what they have lost be restored many times over.
- "When you shall pass through the sea, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you," (Isaiah 43:2)
6. Power Outage Cuts Electricity for Millions in Southwest, Mexico - Fox News
A major outage knocked out power in a region of almost 6 million people in the Southwest and Mexico on Thursday, bringing San Diego to a near-standstill and leaving people in the surrounding desert to swelter in searing summer heat.
- Father, we intercede in regards to these catastrophes. Restore power quickly to the 6 million people affected by this power outage. We pray protection from the heat. Give wisdom and skill to the technicians so they locate the problem quickly. Bring peace to the chaos caused by this power outage.
- "Peace I leave with you; my own peace I give you; not as the world gives, I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: "O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle. " (Psalm 140:7)
1. Erdogan: Turkey warships will escort any future Gaza aid flotilla - Ha'aretz
Turkish warships will escort any Turkish aid vessels to Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said in remarks broadcast on Al Jazeera television on Thursday.
2. US confirms it will veto Palestinian statehood bid - Jerusalem Post
The US will veto a Palestinian request for state recognition if it is submitted to the UN Security Council later this month, a US official said Thursday.
3. Obama urges UN veto against PA bid - Ynet News
The Obama administration announced on Thursday that it would exercise its veto power in the UN Security Council to nix any resolution recognizing Palestinian statehood.
The Daily Jot
When love waxes cold in the absence of God's law
Jesus said in Matthew 24:12, "And because iniquity (lawlessness) shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold."
This is what has happened to our great nation. The laws of God have become anathema to many, and their love for one another as Americans and as God's children has waxed cold. Case in point is the recent rhetoric by Teamsters Union president Jimmy Hoffa, who on September 6 declared war on conservative Americans saying, "Let's take these son-of-a-b...out." House Black Caucus member Maxine Waters (D-Ca) said, "The Tea Party can go straight to hell, and I'll help them get there." Vice President Joe Biden has called TEA Party members "terrorists" and Republicans "barbarians." From a president calling for more civility in politics...nothing. Silence.
No condemnation. No words of reconciliation that would bring Americans together. What gives? Its deeper than politics. Its a way of life. Its the belief that a free market economy with moral people is despicable in comparison to a controlled economy with moral relativism. Those of the former are the enemy in the eyes of the latter. While both sides likely feel the same about one another, one side has at least the decency to refrain from such public characterizations. Notwithstanding, the "ilk" emanating from the White House through liberalism these days is wholeheartedly dark.
Another example is the foreign policy of America. Nation building started in the first Bush term, but now America is aiding al Qaeda directly in Libya and indirectly through the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, Yemen, Syria, the Palestinian Authority and who knows where else. White House terrorist advisor John Brennan has admitted that members of al Qaeda's Libyan organization were being helped by the US in overthrowing the government there. Abu Abdallah al-Sadiq, a founder of the al Qaeda-linked Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) currently known as Abdel Hakim al-Khulidi Belhaj was trained by US Special Forces to (according to UPI) to take down the Libyan government. He is now calling for Islamic Sharia Law. Certainly, early drafts of the new Libyan Constitution expressly state that the country will be governed by Sharia.
The Daily Jot confirmed that US Special Forces indeed were on the ground in Tripoli. Sharia Law, Islam, Jihad, Socialism, racism, hatred--are all against God's law. Further, the United States aiding terrorists is directly against Israel, where the Bible is very specific about blessings and curses. We as a people are trekking down a very dangerous road. John Adams stated, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
We have strayed afar from the laws of God and love for one another. If we do not repent, the consequences are dire.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Day of Rage: DON'T DO IT, AMERICA!
Tonight, we want to share with you an urgent plea from one of our prayer partners: Judy Lee, warning the nation to NOT PARTICIPATE in the protests and rallies planned to take place on Monday, Septermber 17th. Judy Lee grew up in Communist China, so she knows from first-hand experience when certain patterns begin to emerge that would be dangerous for our liberties, should they take root and succeed in a nation.
We ask you to please take time this weekend to view Judy's video, and to warn others as well. DAY OF RAGE: DON'T DO IT, AMERICA!
Thank you, Judy, for taking this courageous step on behalf of freedom.
May our Lord protect YOU in the days ahead . . . amen!
A message from Judy: "There is going to be a protest at Washington DC & at Wall Street in New York on September 17th 2011. This event is called, "Day of Rage".
The purpose of this message is to encourage people do not participate and avoid potential riot. Thank you for watching.
A Big Thank You to . . .
All of you who are leading and participating in special memorial services this Sunday to honor those who died ten years ago on September 11th, 2001.
WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
As a prayer ministry, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners joins you in "watching on the wall" for any new possible terrorist attacks, and to undo the plans of the enemy before he can harm our people. God bless you, every single one, out there!!
Together, we ARE restraining the hand of the evil one, and praying in the Harvest of Souls that God desires to receive into His Kingom. Praise . . .the . . . Lord.
A Very Special 9/11 Service Solemn Assembly of Remembrance and Prayer at Sight and Sound Theater Lancaster, Pennsylvania
For those of you who can attend this special ceremony, we know you will be blessed. (To view details of this program, please go here.)
County Corrections Gospel Mission cordially invites you to a Solemn Assembly of Remembrance and Prayer at 3pm on Sunday, September 11 in the Sight and Sound Theater, 300 Hartman Bridge Road, Ronks, PA 17572.
This event has been organized by Jack Crans, a very special friend of our ministry. Jack is the founder and President of the Christian Police Association (CPA-USA), a nationwide nertwork of Christian law enforcement officers who: "Recognize the unique history and original foundation of all Christian Police and Correction Officer ministries today in order to share in and support Kingdom opportunites together."
The Mission Statement of CPA-USA is to: "Serve those who are given authority over others and charged with ensuring we live peaceful and quiet lives."
And their Vision Statement is to: "Encourgae, support and inspire all those in Criminal Justice System careers by promoting God's principles of character through Bible study, prayer and fellowship, in order to reveal a real and relevant God."
On September 11th at 3:00 p.m., we know you will be moved by the tremendous leaders who will speak at this ceremony near Lancaster, PA.
For more information about this event, and to download the PDF file that lists the program for this event, go here.
The Good News Corner:
Evangelicals To Hold 9/11 Prayer Event Saturday
Summary: After being excluded from tenth anniversary events at Ground Zero and the National Cathedral, evangelicals will hold public prayer service the day before. Evangelical Christians won a key victory Thursday when the New York City police and parks department gave them permission to hold a prayer service at Ground Zero on the eve of the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attacks.
The Family Research Council (FRC) delivered 62,000 petition signatures this morning to Mayor Michael Bloomberg, asking him to reconsider his decision to exclude clergy, first responders, prayer and public expressions of faith from the Ground Zero 9/11 memorial event Sunday. At the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., there will be prayer -- but none from evangelicals, who were not invited.
Instead, the "Call to Compassion" service will feature some mainline denominations, a Jewish rabbi, a Buddhist nun, a Hindu priest, the president of the Islamic Cult Society of North America and a Moslem cult musician.
Though Bloomberg gave no indication of changing his mind, the Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, director of the Christian Defense Coalition, told CitizenLink the city's police department has no problem with public prayer at Ground Zero.
"For the last two days, we've been working with city officials to do that, and we just got the green light," he said. "It will be the only public prayer service at the 9/11 (site). Mayor Bloomberg does not represent the feeling of most people in the country -- who, though they may not agree with us on all issues, agree it was faith that sustained people through 9/11 and for the last ten years."
Approximately 50 people will meet in front of St. Paul's Chapel in lower Manhattan at 10 a.m. EDT Saturday, then walk to Ground Zero. "We have to keep it small. That was one of the conditions, because traffic is going to be quite heavy," Mahoney said. "But we have a feeling that once we initiate the prayer service, people will just spontaneously join us. So we're working that out with the police right now."
In a press conference at City Hall, FRC spokeswoman Cathy Ruse said "the nation needs prayer more than politics." The group collected its petition signatures from all over the country in one week. "When our country was attacked, Americans didn't say, 'Oh, Great Politicians, please hold a press conference!' " she said. "No, they turned to God for help and solace. It was and is their natural response to a great tragedy." Saddleback Church will be hosting a webcast of a prayer service held at a church near Ground Zero on Sunday. (CitizenLink)
- Offer a great chorus of praise to the LORD for this wonderful answer to prayer. Praise God!
- "For the eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous, and His ears attend to their prayer." (I Peter 3:12)
Worship with Us Today! Your Saving Grace New Creation Church We end the week with another beautiful praise song from this precious church in Singapore. Let's praise Him together this weekend, for His amazing Grace for us.
Praise the Lord!
A Special Invitation: DR. JACQUES P. GAUTHIER, EXPERT IN INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS AND MIDDLE EAST HISTORY, TO SPEAK ON CAPITOL HILL AMID MIDDLE EAST TENSION WASHINGTON, D.C.
- The Middle East Research Center will host Dr. Jacques P. Gauthier on Capitol Hill, September 15th, to address key members of Congress and staff on the topic: ISRAEL'S LEGAL CLAIM TO JERUSALEM UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW
Dr. Gauthier's doctoral dissertation, published in 2007, focused on a thorough examination of the competing claims to the city of Jerusalem under international law. Dr. Gauthier has acted as legal counsel to a number of nations including the Republic of France, by whom he was knighted in 2000 (Chevalier de l'Ordre du Merite).
He is currently Vice-Chair of the International Centre for Human Rights and Democratic Development and led a human rights mission to China in 2009 on behalf of this organization.
Dr. Gauthier recently returned from an extensive speaking tour of European Parliaments where he presented vital legal arguments on the above topic.
For further information please contact:
Phone: (301) 661-4775
This event is sponsored by:
MIDDLE EAST RESEARCH CENTER LTD
Richard A. Hellman, President
MERCL is a recognized section 501(c)(3) tax exempt, tax-deductible research and educational think tank established as a not-for-profit organization.
MERCL researches the major issues and events affecting Israel and the Jewish People