Today's Daily Brief
1. New Iran action agreed, officials say - CNN
The U.N. Security Council's permanent members and Germany agreed Tuesday on a new draft resolution on sanctions against Iran, strengthening existing measures over the country's refusal to suspend its nuclear program, officials said.
· Father we pray that these sanctions will actually produce the desired result. But we put our trust in You and Your ability to tear down kings who refuse Your truth.
· "He removes kings and raises up kings;" (Daniel 2:21)
2. US opens personnel files on al-Qaeda recruits - London Times
The photograph shows a young man sporting a red-and-white checkered head-dress, a wispy beard and a zealot's eyes. Majed Hamoud Mubarak al-Harithy, a 23-year-old student from the Saudi Arabian city of Mecca, was smuggled into Iraq from Syria sometime before August 2007. He was carrying a passport, 252 Saudi riyals (£35) and US$101, and was eager to become a martyr.
· Lord we continually thank You for revealing hidden secrets, and that wisdom will guide the security forces assigned to protect our interests.
· "No weapon formed against you shall prosper." (Isaiah 54:17)
3. Tentative Deal To Put More $$ In Your Pocket- Fox News
Democratic and Republican congressional leaders reached a tentative deal Thursday on tax rebates of $300 to $1,200 per family and business tax cuts to jolt the slumping economy.
· Father, thank You that a bipartisan agreement was reached on a stimulus package. We pray that wisdom and unity would come to our beleaguered government, and both parties would begin to cooperate in Your will on the serious issues before us.
· "That they may see and know, and consider and understand together, that the hand of the Lord has done this. . ." (Isaiah 41:20)
4. Math Doesn't Add Up For Victors to be Crowned on Super Tuesday- AP
Don't look to crown any presidential nominees on Super Tuesday. The race for delegates is so close in both parties that it is mathematically impossible for any candidate to lock up the nomination on Feb. 5, according to an Associated Press analysis of the states in play that day.
· Lord we continue to ask that Your candidate be chosen from among the wide range of challengers. We bind the plans of our enemy who would have us flounder in division and confusion, and pray for repentance and humility for our candidates.
· "For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing will be there." (James 3:16)
5. The Battle for Talk Radio: Powerful Foes Want to End the Gabfest - Newsmax.com
The 2008 election has yet to be decided, but one thing is clear: If the Democrats win the White House, expect an all-out attack on talk radio. Political talk, as we know it, could end.
· Lord we cover the privilege of radio with Your Blood, and ask preservation from all attacks. Lord, our constitution guarantees freedom of speech, and its writing was done in honor of You. We stand firmly on Your Word and Your Name as the Lord of America, and pray against all plans to destroy what You gave us.
· "He shall call upon Me and I will answer Him; I will be with him in trouble;" (Psalm 91:15)
6. Methodists to Mull Divestment from Israel- NW Sun
The nation's largest and most prominent mainline Protestant denomination, the 11 million-member United Methodist Church - whose members include both President Bush and Senator Clinton - is set to take up the issue of whether to divest from companies that do business with Israel.
· Father as we see part of the platform of deception that is within Your own people, we humbly ask forgiveness and revelation for our brethren. May Your Holy Spirit come to show the truth, and break through the fog placed in their minds and hearts by Satan, who maquerades as an angel of light.
· "For the vineyard of the Lord of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are His pleasant plant." (Isaiah 5:7)
7. Massive California Snowstorm Strands Hundreds on Major Highway- AP The Middle East in Focus 1. Hamas 'spent months cutting through Gaza wall in secret operation' - London Times 2. Ahmadinejad: Global government, mankind's gravest need - Islamic Republic News Agency 3. In Response to an Israeli Attack, Iran Can, With Syria's Help, Wipe Out Half of Israel - Worthy News
Authorities were helping hundreds of motorists stranded in the snow in Tejon Pass after a powerful storm forced the closure of California's major north-south interstate in the mountains north of Los Angeles.
· Lord we ask Your mercy over America, as we discover more and more places where we have sinned. You are the God of mercy, Lord, and we pray You will help the people stranded in snowstorms or other severe weather incidents from coast to coast.
· "Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me." (Psalm 66:20)
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Who is like unto You, O LORD, among the gods? who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?" (Exodus 15:11)
As tens of thousands of Palestinians clambered back and forth between the Gaza strip and Egypt today, details emerged of the audacious operation that brought down a hated border wall and handed the Islamist group Hamas what might be its greatest propaganda coup.
IRI President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said here Monday evening at the inauguration ceremony of new head of National Center for Globalization Studies, "mankind's gravest need today is a global government."
In the event of a conflict with Israel, Iran would use its strategic alliance with Syria to fire missiles at Israel from Syrian territory. It also hinted that, in addition to assistance from Syria, any attack by Israel would also bring retaliation by Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Hizbullah.
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
The Middle East in Focus
1. Hamas 'spent months cutting through Gaza wall in secret operation' - London Times
2. Ahmadinejad: Global government, mankind's gravest need - Islamic Republic News Agency
3. In Response to an Israeli Attack, Iran Can, With Syria's Help, Wipe Out Half of Israel - Worthy News
1. Bangladesh: Elderly Christian Woman's Home Set Ablaze - Compass Direct
Unknown attackers tried to burn a 70-year-old woman to death on January 7 after learning that she would be baptized as a Christian next month. Rahima Beoa, who was planning to be baptized on February 13 in Muslim-majority Rangpur district, 248 kilometers (154miles) northwest of the capital city of Dhaka, suffered burns on 70 percent of her body.
"The unknown people wanted to burn alive the elderly woman because they came to know that she would be a Christian in the next month," said Khaled Mintu, a regional supervisor of the Rangpur district of the Isha- E-Jamat Bangladesh denomination. "It was a devilish conspiracy to stop her being a Christian." (Read more)
2. India: Hindu Extremists Plot "Mission 2008" - Compass Direct
Amid reports of forced conversion of Christians to Hinduism following an unprecedented spate of violence over Christmas in Orissa state's Kandhamal district, federal intelligence sources have warned churches of the likelihood of more attacks. (Read more.)
3. India: Two Christians Abducted, Beaten - Compass Direct
Six Hindu nationalist (Hindutva) extremists stormed a house church, abducted two Christians and severely beat them last Thursday (January 17) in Madhya Pradesh state's Rewa district. (Read more.)
Chaos on Gaza-Egyptian Border
Chaos on Gaza-Egyptian Border
The U.S. blamed Hamas on Wednesday for the plight of Gazans.
"The Palestinians living in Gaza are living under chaos because of Hamas," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said. "The blame has to be placed fully at their feet." Palestinian rocket attacks. "One of the reasons that Israel has taken the action it has is because it was sustaining upwards of 150 rockets falling on its territory a day. And so Israel is defending itself," Perino said.
Palestinians (the terror organization Hamas) blew holes in the Gaza-Egypt border wall Wednesday, and tens of thousands of Gazans trapped in the Strip by a tight blockade poured into Egypt to buy food, fuel and other supplies that have become scarce. Egyptian border guards and Hamas police took no action as Palestinians hurried over the border and began returning with bags of food, boxes of cigarettes and plastic bottles of fuel.
The chaotic scenes came on the sixth day of a complete closure of Gaza, imposed by Israel and backed by Egypt, in response to a spike in Gaza rocket attacks on Israeli border towns. Hamas has orchestrated daily demonstrations on the Gaza-Egypt border, in an apparent attempt to appeal to Arab public opinion and pressure Egypt to open the passage. (Jerusalem Post 1/23/08)
Israel Army officials on Wednesday described the situation at the breached Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt as "a first-class security risk."
According to a military source, "The free passage of Palestinians into Egypt and back significantly increases the security threat coming from Gaza." "It's clear that each time civilians cross the border, terror activists are also there, taking advantage of the situation for their own needs," said an Israeli defense official. Israel recently expressed its anger over a similar incident, when hundreds of Palestinian pilgrims, returning from Saudi Arabia, entered Gaza unsupervised. (Ynet News 1/24/08)
PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM
Lord, despite the promises from President Bush, we reject America as being Israel's protector and proclaim that You - the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - were, are and always will be Israel's strength and shield (Psa. 28:7; 33:20; 115:9). Thank You for the Israel Defense Force (IDF) Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi. Protect him from all political ambitions and surround him with wise counsel (Prov. 20:18; 24:6).
Give to the IDF wisdom on how to stop the weapons smuggling through the tunnels the terrorists have dug on the Egyptian-Gaza border. Help the IDF to protect S'derot and all the southern communities and cities from the Kassam rocket attacks from Gaza. Continue to defend Israel from terror attacks. We bless You for aiding the IDF in this war. (Intercessors For Israel 1/11/08)
· "In your good pleasure make Zion prosper; build up the walls of Jerusalem." (Psalm 52:18 NIV)
· " . . . for God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah. Then people will settle there and possess it . . ." (Psalm 69:35 NIV)
[Source: Intercessors for America]
More Primary News in January
So far this month, we have survived primaries in several states, including Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina (Republican), Michigan and Nevada. The remaining schedule for primaries in January is:
25- Democratic presidential debate in Florida
26- South Carolina Democratic primary
29- Florida primary
On February 5th, more than 20 states, representing a total of 2,075 delegates, have scheduled their contests for the earliest date allowed by the party without special exception.
· Earnestly intercede against media and special interest manipulation during this primary season. Pray that moral, God-fearing, pro-life, pro-marriage, and pro-family men and women be selected, supported, and find favor in local, state, and national campaigns. Intercede that the Lord reveal His choices, expose corruption, immorality, bribery, the occult, and hidden anti-biblical agendas.
(Source: Intercessors for America)
" . . . if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
For a complete guide to the primaries, go here.
The Deception of Islam in America is a Threat to National Security
Debate among American leadership over whether Islam is a peaceful religion or a warring theocracy is like the proverbial observation about Nero fiddling while Rome burns. While politicians, religious leaders and bureaucrats debate among themselves the benefits and problems of Islam in America, Islam moves forward with its plans to occupy and destroy this country. The latest public warning flag is the indictment of former Republican Congressman Mark Siljander as part of a terrorist fundraising ring that was laundering tens of thousands of dollars through the Islamic charity Islamic Relief Agency to al Qaeda. The money was taken from the U.S. Agency for International Development
Recently, the federal government named the Council for American Islamic Relations (CAIR) as an unindicted coconspirator in a case tried in Texas regarding the funding and channeling of charity money to Islamic terrorists. The government named several Islamic charities in the case. Texas authorities are still trying to capture an Islamist father who carried out his own Honor killings on his two daughters for having boyfriends-Honor killings are often allowed and encouraged by Islamic law. Federal authorities recently thwarted a plan by Islamists to attack Fort Dix in New Jersey. And there are many other arrests and incidents across the United States of Islamists committing crimes or plotting illegal activities.
CAIR has gained stature among the news media similar to that of the ACLU. Anyone who criticizes Islam in America is opening themselves up for bullying by CAIR. CAIR has tried to shut down free speech in America by organizing a sponsorship boycott of talk show host Michael Savage, who is often outspoken and critical of Islam. In this case, however, Savage has turned the tables on CAIR by filing a lawsuit alleging copyright violations by CAIR. Savage recently expanded his suit to charge CAIR with using extortion, threats, abuse of the court system, and obtaining money via interstate commerce under false and fraudulent circumstances.
Savage's lawsuit charges CAIR is a "political vehicle of international terrorism" and even links the group with support of al Qaeda. Islam is trying to colonize and destroy America. People like Michael Savage have no doubt. It is obvious that Islam should not be allowed to exist in America because of its threat to national security. Islam is using the guise of religion and religious freedom to advance its anti-American agenda as part of the world war of Islamic Aggression. In Matthew 24:4, Jesus warned, "Take heed that no man deceive you." America's leadership is deceived regarding Islam. But our leadership is a reflection of our people. Its time to wake up before its too late.
Word of Life Ministry
TOMORROW! DAY OF PRAYER FOR KENYA
Dear Prayer Partners,
Most of you know about the unrest and upheaval going on in Kenya. I was sent this e-mail today and felt it a great opportunity for united focused prayer with other brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ.
Kenya has been one of the most stable nations in this area of Africa. Through the recent election process the enemy is trying to bring this nation under fear, chaos and torment. Let's pray that God will use this to bring transformation to Kenya. Not just peace from the violence, but for the nation to become transformed from the leadership down to every aspect of society.
Thank you for your faithful prayers on behalf of Kenya on January 25th, 2008.
Prayerfully for the Nations,
JANUARY 25th 2008
DAY OF PRAYER FOR KENYA
'If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, and turn away from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, I will forgive them and will HEAL THEIR LAND.' ( 2 Chronicles 7:14 ).
On January 25th 2008 , we are asking Every Kenyan, Every Friend of Kenyans, Everywhere to take time to make a concerted prayer for Kenya.
We want EVERY Kenyan and Every Friend of Kenyans in EVERY CONTINENT on the face of the earth to be praying together on this one day on behalf of our country.
How to participate:
· Spread the word: send this message to Every Kenyan and Every Friend of Kenyans all over the world that you know, Everywhere - txt, SMS, e-mail, phone call
· On January 25th, make a point of setting aside time to pray for Kenya , it does not have to be a long time but it must be a deliberate effort to pray for specific things about Kenya
· You can pray individually, or get together with a friend or friends, workmates, someone on the street, your priest, pastor, congregation, youth group
What to pray for: - PEACE, PEACE, PEACE
- Whatever else you feel in your heart to pray for concerning Kenya
'Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; when there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.' St Francis 1915