1. Woman Attacked While Praying in Church - AP
Police in Middletown, N.Y., say church security camera caught John Michael Petry assaulting woman, 58. The unidentified 58-year-old woman was praying at the chapel of St. Joseph's Church in this Hudson Valley city early Wednesday when she fought off the attacker by stabbing him in the neck with a pen she was using to write in her journal.
· Offer praise for this woman's quick thinking during this attack, and for the fact that the leadership of St. Joseph's Church had already installed security cameras inside their sanctuary . . . just in case. Pray that other pastors and church leaders would consider installing similar security devices inside their own sanctuaries, for evil has now come to the very door of the church. Pray for the salvation, deliverance and healing of John Michael Petry. · "No weapon forged against thee shall prosper."(Isaiah 54:17)
2. Landmark Deal: 12 Million More Americans - ABC News
Senators reached a landmark deal on immigration today that will give 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States the opportunity to obtain legal status. The compromise crafted by key senators also calls for increased border security to prevent new illegal immigrants from pouring into the country.
· The media is reporting that this immigration package will have a much harder time passing in the House. Praise God. We will have much more news about this isue on Monday's edition of "On Capitol Hill This Week." In the meantime, DO NOT CEASE PRAYING OVER THIS DEAL. There are MANY problems in this huge bill, and debate must yet come forth in the Senate next week before it is passed in that chamber. Pray without ceasing over this bill. In addition, offer a prayer of repentance that there may be some political operatives, on both sides of the aisle, who would seize this opportunity as an "easy way" to gain 12 million new voters in the next presidential election! · "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
3. House Passes $646 Billion Defense Spending Bill - Fox News
The House passed a $646 billion defense bill Thursday that supports the Pentagon's ambitious weapons acquisition program but would place new restrictions on foreign-made technology the military could buy.
· "My God shall supply ALL your need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19)
4. Congress Passes $2.9 Trillion Dem Budget - CBN News
Majority Democrats passed an important test Thursday with approval of a $2.9 trillion budget plan that promises big spending increases for party priorities such as education and health care.
· Frankly, figures such as these boggle the mind. Pray that our tax money would be used to support Kingdom purposes, and not the agendas of secular humanists. Pray. · "Pray witihout ceasing." (I Thess. 5:17)
5. Tanks roll into northern Gaza as IAF air strikes escalate - Jerusalem Post
The air force continued to hammer away at Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip on Thursday as the IDF made its first foray into northern Gaza, sending tanks and infantry to take over Kassam launch sites.
· Today was the sixth day that fighting has erupted in Israel's southern border area. Offer praise for the relatively low loss of life that the Israelis have endured in this latest battle with the war on terror. Ask that the American press would offer greater coverage of the events there, and that facts would be reported in truth.
· "There is . . . a time for war . . ." (Ecclesiastes 3:8)