CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, April 3, 2017
Please pray for the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, who will vote today on the nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to fill the seat on the Supreme Court vacated by Justice Antonin Scalia.
Please lift up the names of each member of this committee before our Lord, asking Him to direct their hearts as He would desire.
The names of all members of the Senate Judiciary
Committee can be found by going here. Thank you.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, April 3, 2017
"Standing Together as One
. . . Under the Cross of Christ"
President Trump to Meet with Three Heads of State this Week.
See "The First 100 Days" for details, below.
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. President Trump's Weekly Address:
Friday, March 31, 2017
To view last week's address, please go here.
5. PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
To view each day's press conference,go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
7. TRUMP'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS: THE FIRST 50 DAYS
The astounding list of achievements
(Dated March 10, 2017)
With Donald Trump approaching his first 50 days in office and with today's news that the U.S. has added 235,000 new jobs, it's truly astounding to consider what Trump has achieved in just the short time he has been president. To view a list of Trump's accomplishments so far, go here.
8. Meet President Trump's Ms. Fix-It - The Hill
Dina Powell is the Trump administration's Ms. Fix-It.
The deputy national security adviser for strategy, one of the few White House aides with extensive experience in a past Republican administration, has taken on a large list of responsibilities touching on foreign and domestic policy.
Besides serving as a deputy to national security adviser H.R. McMaster, Powell was asked by senior adviser Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law, to serve in a new office tasked with using private-sector ideas to overhaul the federal government. (Read more)
9. President Trump to Meet with Three Different Heads of State this Week - The White House
In its weekend edition of " The1600 Daily" (an online daily alert offering news of interest from the White House), it was announced that the President will meet this week with three different heads of state, as follows:
April 3rd: President Trump welcomes President Al Sisi of Egypt to the White House (Read More)
April 5th: President Trump welcomes King Abdullah II of Jordan to the White House. (Read More)
April 6th: President Trump hosts President Xi Jinping of China at Mar-a-Lago. (Read More)
> > > To sign up to receive your own copy of "1600 Daily," please go here.
Focus on Israel
1. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Update - BFP
To read this week's update, please go here.
2. Trump to host Middle East leaders after Israel curbs settlement construction - Jerusalem Post
Israel agreed to curb West Bank settlement construction in advance of the separate meetings US President Donald Trump plans to hold in Washington this week with the Jordanian and Egyptian heads of state.
Trump will meet in the White House with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on Monday and with King Abdullah II of Jordan on Wednesday.
"We are going to be discussing the general outlines of our approach with the Middle East peace process and provide information as to the context of what we've been doing over the last few weeks to advance the process," a senior administration official told reporters on Friday. (Read more)
3. US envoy says unseating Assad in Syria no longer a priority - Israel Hayom
The United States' diplomatic policy on war-torn Syria is no longer focused on making the President Bashar Assad leave power, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said on Thursday, in a departure from the Obama administration's initial and public stance on Assad's fate.
"You pick and choose your battles and when we're looking at this, it's about changing up priorities and our priority is no longer to sit there and focus on getting Assad out," U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley told a small group of reporters.
In Ankara on Thursday, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Assad's longer-term status "will be decided by the Syrian people." (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this new, major shift in policy towards Syria. As President Trump moves to disentangle America from cords that have bound us in Syria, we ask that the wind of Your Spirit would blow through the White House, bringing fresh revelation of Your will for the people of Syria and how we can support them in this hour. Thank You, Lord, amen and amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
4. Temple Mount "Martyr" Stabs Two Torah Scholars, Policeman on Shabbat in Old City - Breaking Israel News
A Palestinian terrorist took selfies on the Temple Mount before stabbing two young yeshiva students in the Old City of Jerusalem over the Sabbath on Saturday, leading to a foot chase during which he succeeded in stabbing a policeman and two young Torah students before being shot and killed.
Prior to the attack, 17-year-old Ahmad Jazal, a Palestinian from the West Bank, visited the Temple Mount, a known rallying point for Arab terrorists, on Saturday afternoon (Muslims are allowed to ascend and pray freely at the site; Jews and Christians are not). He took photos of himself in front of the Dome of the Rock which he then posted to his Twitter account. He then descended into the city and began his attack on Hagai Street around 3:30 in the afternoon. (Read more)
5. Fatah official: Israel not a 'peace partner' - Israel National News
Senior Fatah official Jibril Rajoub on Friday blasted Israel's approval of a new community in Samaria for residents of Amona, telling i24news it proves that the Palestinians have no partner for peace.
"This means that there is no Israeli partner to build peace to make peace and reach an agreement," said Rajoub, who called the announcement a "unilateral aggression."
"These unilateral aggressions on the Palestinian territories by dictating facts, expanding existing settlements or building new ones is a message to the international community that this government will never be bound by international legitimacy," he charged. (Read more)
6. David's Sling, Israel's long-range anti-missile system, goes online - World Israel News
David's Sling, also known as the "Magic Wand," joins the Iron Dome and Arrow systems, with all three missile interceptors jointly developed and funded by the U.S. and Israel. As the middle tier of Israel's missile defense apparatus, David's Sling is designed to intercept mid-to-long-range ballistic missiles with ranges between 25-190 miles. Iron Dome intercepts short-range targets, and Arrow has the longest-range capabilities-its latest iteration can intercept long-range ballistic missiles outside the Earth's atmosphere.
Iron Dome has been widely praised for protecting Israeli civilians from indiscriminate rocket attacks emanating from Gaza, particularly during the 2012 and 2014 conflicts between Hamas and Israel. Arrow intercepted a Syrian missile last month in the system's first operational use in its 17 years of existence. (Read more)
7. Jerusalem municipality shuts down digital services after hack - Times of Israel
The Jerusalem municipality announced Friday that due to suspected cyber attacks, all municipal digital services - including its website and smartphone app - have been shut down in order to prevent any harm to its servers.
Earlier this week, hackers attempted to target a new server that the municipality was testing. Jerusalem officials stressed in a statement that this server was not central to its operations. The hack was "discovered immediately and dealt with quickly and professionally," it said.
The hacks came a week before the annual OpIsrael cyber campaign, during which an international collective of hackers known as "Anonymous" targets websites and social media accounts of the Israeli government and other major organizations, in solidarity with the Palestinians. (Read more)
8. IDF drills for possible Islamic State attacks across southern border on foot, in cars- Times of Israel
With helicopters, tanks, and infantry soldiers, the Sagi Territorial Brigade trained over the past week to fight Islamic State terrorists should they break through the Egyptian border and attack the communities and military installations of the Negev desert.
The Israel Defense Forces' Sagi Brigade guards the western Negev and, beginning last Sunday and ending Thursday, its territory was under simulated attack.
The brigade simulated terrorists from the Islamic State's Sinai Province infiltrating the border on foot and in vehicles, as well as launching rockets at Israeli communities, said Maj. Shachar Nachmani, the unit's chief operations officer. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Republicans Confident Democrats Won't be Able to Block Gorsuch's Confirmation - Christian Headlines
Judge Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's nominee to fill the vacancy left by Justice Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court, has become a contentious figure in American politics. Republicans seem to be united in their support of his confirmation, but more and more Democrats are voicing their opposition.
Democrats recently revealed their plan to filibuster Gorsuch's confirmation. The divide along party lines regarding a Supreme Court justice nominee began last year when Republicans blocked President Obama's nominee, Judge Merrick Garland, arguing that, since it was an election year, it should be the prerogative of the new president to appoint a new justice. Democrats, of course, disagreed, and many still harbor ill will toward Republicans on the issue and how it was handled.
Despite the opposition from Democrats, however, Republicans remain confident that Gorsuch will be confirmed and instated on the nation's highest court. (Read more)
- Father God, after all of these many months of travail before Your Throne of Grace, the time has now come to determine the name of the one who will fill the seat on the Supreme Court, vacated over one year ago by Justice Antonin Scalia. Father God, at this historic moment, we commend all our burdens to You, Father God, that Your will be done now on earth, as it is in heaven. In Your Name, amen.
- He said to the judges, "Consider what you are doing, for you do not judge for man but for the Lord who is with you when you render judgment. Now then let the fear of the Lord be upon you; be very careful what you do." (2 Chr. 19:6-7 NASB)
2. North Carolina Repeals Transgender Bathroom Law - Christian Post
North Carolina on Thursday repealed a law regulating bathroom use for transgender people, hoping to lure back businesses and sports leagues that boycotted the Southern state because they saw the year-old measure as discriminatory. Democratic Governor Roy Cooper signed the replacement bill into law after the Republican-controlled state Senate and House of Representatives approved it in separate votes earlier in the day in the capital, Raleigh.
The new measure rescinds House Bill 2, the so-called bathroom bill that required transgender people to use the bathrooms, changing rooms and showers in state-run buildings that correspond to the sex on their birth certificate rather than their gender identity. It also bars cities and school districts from enacting their own anti-discrimination rules until 2020, a compromise that drew harsh criticism from civil rights groups and advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender, or LGBT, people.
The NCAA, NBA, PayPal, Deutsche Bank, and various companies canceled their plans to move to or host championship and all-star events in the state because of HB2. That had propelled liberal critics of the law to proclaim that the state would lose hundreds of millions of dollars. (Read more)
- Almighty God, regarding Roy Cooper's vote to rescind this bathroom law protecting boys and girls, we trust that the result of this sin will not lure businesses and sports leagues back to North Carolina. Sin reaps sin. Father God, we pray You will assign a holy angel at every door of these bathroom facilities to protect the children from harm and the reaping of sin fall at the door of this governor, unless he repents. We pray God will overrule the trespasses of leaders in this State and overcome evil with good. We pray and trust in the holy and mighty Name of Jesus.
"He that commits sin is of the devil, for the devil sins from the beginning, For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." (I John 3:8)
3. New terrorist laptop bombs may evade airport security, intel sources say - CNN
US intelligence and law enforcement agencies believe that ISIS and other terrorist organizations have developed innovative ways to plant explosives in electronic devices that FBI testing shows can evade some commonly used airport security screening methods, CNN has learned.
Heightening the concern is US intelligence suggesting that terrorists have obtained sophisticated airport security equipment to test how to effectively conceal explosives in laptops and other electronic devices.
The intelligence, gathered in the last several months, played a significant role in the Trump administration's decision to prohibit travelers flying out of 10 airports in eight countries in the Middle East and Africa from carrying laptops and other large electronic devices aboard planes. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, You are God. So we pray that You will institute a law that all electronic devices carried by any suspected terrorist boarding airplanes will be confiscated at the terminal and there be heightened security to catch them. Put Your hand on all airline employees who read the scanners to have extrasensory perception that will alert them of potential bombs. If there are any employees working with these terrorists, we ask that they be revealed and arrested. Uncover the enemies' skills to hide these devices. God, we ask for the safety of our travelers. Through the Blood of Jesus and the Almighty power of God, we ask that You bind and break, subdue and defeat, every single object or person who is sent by the devil to steal, kill or destroy. Their victory is destroyed and annihilated by the Name of Jesus. In Your holy Name we pray and believe it done.
- "Wherefore have I seen them dismayed and turned away back? and their mighty ones are beaten down, and are fled apace, and look not back: for fear was round about, saith the Lord. Let not the swift flee away, nor the mighty man escape; they shall stumble, and fall toward the North by the river Euphrates." (Jeremiah 46:5,6)
4. 3 arrested in Atlanta fire underneath interstate bridge - Fox News
Three people have been arrested in connection with the raging fire that collapsed a portion of Interstate 85 a few miles north of downtown Atlanta, crippling a major traffic artery in a city already known for dreadful rush-hour congestion. Deputy Insurance Commissioner Jay Florence said Friday evening that Basil Eleby faces a charge of criminal damage to property, and Sophia Bruner and Barry Thomas each were charged with criminal trespass.
"We believe they were together when the fire was set and Eleby is the one who set the fire," Florence told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Florence would not discuss how the fire was started or why, saying those details would be released as the investigation progresses.
Russell McMurry, commissioner of the Georgia Department of Transportation, told a news conference Friday that 350 feet of highway will need to be replaced in both directions on I-85, which carries about 400,000 cars a day through Atlanta and is one of the South's most important north-south routes. He said repairs will take "at least several months." (Read more)
- Father in heaven, through the power of the Holy Spirit, we speak Life, and Light, and strength, and nurturing, and compassion over the City of Atlanta and these 400,000 travelers, and over all the people who will be engaged in restoring I-85 and Atlanta back to normal. Lord, dispatch Your holy ministering angelic host to come down and surround all these people and Atlanta. Bring redemption out of chaos, Lord God. Show Basil Eleby, Sophia Bruner and Barry Thomas the wickedness of their actions and the extenuating circumstances of hardship they have caused others. We pray they repent of their sins. In the mighty Name of Jesus we plead, amen.
- "Their throat is an open sepulcher, with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison if asps is under their lips. Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness; their feet are swift to shed blood: destruction and misery are in their ways; and the way of peace have they not known: there is no fear of God before their eyes."
5. Trump seeks to 'reboot' US relationship with Egypt in Monday talks - Ynet News
President Donald Trump will seek to rebuild the US relationship with Egypt at a Monday meeting with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi focused on security issues and military aid, a senior White House official said on Friday. "He wants to use President Sisi's visit to reboot the bilateral relationship and build on the strong connection the two presidents established when they first met in New York last September," the official told reporters.
Egypt has long been one of Washington's closest allies in the Middle East, receiving $1.3 billion in US military aid each year. But the bilateral relationship was strained when former president Barack Obama criticized Sisi for cracking down on the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's oldest Islamist group. (Read more)
- Father God, this meeting today is important for the U.S. and Egypt to renew their trust in each other as allies. We ask that the two presidents will hear Your voice and heed Your directions in their discussions. In the name of Jesus, amen.
- "He who speaks truth declares righteousness, But a false witness, deceit."
6. Former Obama official admits: We spied on Trump - WND
WASHINGTON - A former Obama official appears to have inadvertently confirmed the former president's administration spied on then President-elect Donald Trump's transition team for political purposes. Speaking on MSNBC Tuesday, Evelyn Farkas, deputy assistant secretary of defense under Obama, confirmed that not only was the previous administration collecting intelligence on the Trump team, it was attempting to share it as far and wide as possible.
Farkas said the reason for that was, "We have very good intelligence on Russia," and she "very worried because not enough was coming out into the open." However, intelligence chiefs who have seen the classified information in question, including Obama's own former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper as well as former acting CIA Director Michael Morell, have said they have seen no evidence of collusion between the Trump team and the Russian government. That would appear to indicate the real reason the Obama administration was feverishly collecting and sharing the classified information was not for national security purposes, but for political reasons. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that facts are now coming forth, based upon true evidence, that the former administration was, indeed, spying on the activities of Donald Trump. We praise You that the righteous are always vindicated, in Your Name, amen.
- "Vindicate me in your righteousness, LORD my God; do not let them gloat over me." (Psalm 35:24)
7. Trump calls critics' bluff: Will share intel on Obama spying - WND
On Thursday afternoon, the White House dropped a bombshell of its own, and announced at the start of the daily press briefing that it had invited leaders of congressional intelligence committees to review the documents Nunes has seen. In that one fell swoop, President Trump totally changed the dynamic in the hottest controversy in Washington, by: Defusing much of the criticism of chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif. for not sharing the information with other congressional leaders. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for giving us this king, who rules with the heart of the Lion of Judah! No one can "trump" Donald Trump with lies, for this is a man who walks in integrity and in truth. We continue to pray for his protection, and that he be given "wisdom from above" as he governs our people. In Your Name, amen.
- "He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday." (Psalm 37:6)
8. I'll back Texas independence, EU's Juncker warns Trump over his Brexit support - CNN
The president of the executive arm of the European Union had a message for US President Donald Trump on Thursday: mind your own business.
"The newly elected US president was happy that the Brexit was taking place and has asked other countries to do the same," European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker said. However, he warned, "if he goes on like that I am going to promote the independence of Ohio and Austin, Texas, in the United States of America."
Juncker, a Luxembourg politician who has been president of the European Commission since 2014, was speaking at the conference of the center-right European People's Party (EPP) in Malta. (Read more)
- Abba Father, the president of the European Commission, Mr. Juncker, has insulted President Trump by sending him the message to, "mind your own business." May this man's lips be sealed against any words out of his mouth that are not of Your directions, Lord Jesus.
- "For whom God has sent speaks the words of God," (Luke 3:34a)
9. Tillerson clashes with NATO allies on defense spending at Brussels meeting - Washington Post
BRUSSELS - Secretary of State Rex Tillerson ratcheted up pressure on NATO allies Friday to increase their defense spending, despite pushback from Germany's top diplomat over President Trump's determination to make members of the Western military alliance boost their military budgets.
Addressing a meeting of NATO's 28 foreign ministers, Tillerson said he wanted alliance leaders to agree at a May summit to come up with concrete plans by the end of the year to meet budget guidelines. Friday's conference - hastily moved up after Tillerson initially announced he would skip it so he could attend meetings between Trump and China's leader next week - was held amid concerns about the U.S. commitment to NATO following Trump's calls to increase spending among other member nations.
"As President Trump has made clear, it is no longer sustainable for the U.S. to maintain a disproportionate share of NATO's defense expenditures," Tillerson told the foreign ministers. "Allies must increase defense spending." (Read more)
- Lord God, send out Your Light on NATO allies to increase their defense spending and military budgets, so that the United States will not be burdened to maintain a disproportionate share of NATO's defense expenditures. Lord, the free ride is over for these nations as You step in to promote fairness as they assume responsibility to finance their own military. Turn the tide around as we plead the holiness of God upon nations, else You make a full end of them for their disobedience. We pray in the Name of Jesus and for Your glory, amen.
- "Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same." (Romans 13:2-3)
10. Russian Submarines Match Cold War-era Patrol Intensity - Newsmax
MOSCOW (AP) - The Russian navy says its submarines have increased combat patrols to the level last seen during the Cold War.
The navy chief, Adm. Vladimir Korolyov, said Friday in remarks carried by state RIA Novosti news agency that Russian submarine crews spent more than 3,000 days on patrol last year, matching the Soviet-era operational tempo. Korolyov spoke after attending the launch of a new Yasen-class nuclear-powered attack submarine called the Kazan.
The Russian military had fallen on hard times after the 1991 Soviet collapse when it was forced to scrap many relatively new ships and keep most others at harbor for lack of funds. The military has revived its strength thanks to a sweeping arms modernization program amid tensions with the West over Ukraine. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we trust You to keep the Russian Navy within the boundaries that You have set for them and they not be allowed to come into our waters. Hold Your hand over them and let their strength be subdued. Reveal to the United States any maneuvers that would bring destruction to our shores and our people. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "God delivers us from our enemies: yea, thou liftest us up above those that rise up against us: thou hast delivered us from the violent men." (Psalm 18:48)
11. North Korea has "got to be stopped," the defense secretary said - NBC News
After years of North Korea thumbing its nose at the international community, on Friday Defense Secretary James Mattis appeared to signal enough was enough. "Right now, [North Korea] appears to be going in a very reckless manner . . . and that has got to be stopped," Mattis said at a press conference in London.
He didn't give any details about how the administration of President Donald Trump plans to deal with the reclusive nation, which, under Kim Jong Un, has drastically increased its missile and nuclear-testing program. But Mattis' remarks continue a recent trend of Trump officials taking a harder line on North Korea.
Earlier this month, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that the "diplomatic . . . efforts of the past 20 years to bring North Korea to a point of de-nuclearization have failed." He also said that military action was "on the table." (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for North Korea to come to You as a nation of peace. They seem to enjoy putting fear in other nations by threatening war. Your people do not have the spirit of fear. Thank You for giving all who know You protection from those that have chosen to put their trust in false gods. In the name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "You know how my father David could not build a house for the name of the Lord his God because of the wars which were fought against him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under the soles of his feet." (1 Kings 5:3)
The Daily Jot
Friday, March 31, 2017
To hijab or not to hijab, is it a question?
USA Today ran a story on March 15 about how the number of women wearing the Muslim head-covering, the hijab, is increasing. USA Today postulates that it has become "a symbol of resistance and feminism in the age of Trump." The media network says that Muslim women who had quit wearing the hijab, have taken it up again, and that even non-Muslim women are wearing the hijab as a symbol of feminism. The article quoted a Muslim woman who cited a Gallup Poll saying that in 90% of the Muslim population hijab is a choice by Muslim women, especially in the US where there is great societal pressure not to wear it. Her statement is indicative of the irony of feminists wearing hijabs-its not remotely based in fact.
The Gallup Poll in question was taken in 2005. First, the poll was not sampling 90% of the Muslim world. "What Women Want: Listening to the Voices of Muslim Women" is part of a Gallup project, which intends to poll 95% of the world's population over the next century. While the New York Times article quoting it tried to twist the results to provide proof that Muslim women do not think they are oppressed, the poll numbers showed the opposite. For example, women in most of the Muslim world are denied a most basic right of democracy-the right to vote. Muslim women overwhelmingly said they believed they should make their own voting decisions-97% in Lebanon, 95% in Egypt and Morocco, 68% in Pakistan.
A review of Muslim nations in the State Department's 2016 Report on Human Rights practices indicates Muslim women suffer: discrimination under the law; domestic violence against women "continued to be a significant problem"; honor crimes; female genital mutilation. In most of these countries there is no law against domestic violence. Sharia law window-dresses equal protection for women, but in practice women receive harsher penalties and far less rights than men. In Libya, for example, if a man is convicted of raping a woman, he can avoid a 25 year sentence if he marries the victim-regardless of her wishes. These are just a few of the oppressions of Islamic women documented in the State Department report. And feminists are wearing hijabs in protest of oppression in America? Such ironic ignorance!
The Quran instructs and sanctions Muslim men to beat their women if they are considered disobedient. Sura 4:34 says, "Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other...So good women are the obedient...As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them." Compare this with Ephesians 5:25-28: "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it...So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loves his wife loves himself." Strange that feminists in America would embrace Islam and its symbols of oppression while vehemently rejecting Christianity's message of love, empowerment, and freedom.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, April 2 - Saturday, April 8, 2017
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
Wife of American Pastor Imprisoned in Turkey Met With Rex Tillerson in Ankara
The wife of Andrew Brunson, the American pastor imprisoned in Turkey on terrorism charges, met with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in Ankara on Thursday after her husband told her days earlier the Lord said she would soon meet America's top diplomat.
As previously reported, Brunson is a Presbyterian minister from North Carolina who has served over 23 years in Turkey. He and his wife, Norine, were arrested last October and Brunson was charged with "membership in an armed terrorist organization." He remains jailed without the government showing any evidence that he is involved with a terror group.
Earlier this week, Norine, who was released later in October, took to Facebook to explain that although Tillerson was scheduled to be in Ankara on Thursday, she was told by officials that meeting with him would not happen. But considering she had her plane ticket to Ankara, she decided to go anyway.
In an update issued on Thursday night, Norine explained that a meeting with Tillerson did actually happen.
"I just had a 20 minute meeting with Sec. of State Tillerson," she continued. "I do not know what will come of it, considering the sensitive period Turkey is in, but was grateful for the opportunity." (Christian Post) Read more.
- Father God, on our March 4th edition of our Weekly Bible Study, we petitioned You to move on behalf of this family. We thank You for Norine's release from prison, and we ask that her husband would soon be set free, too. We thank You for this courageous couple, Lord God -- missionaries who have now devoted all of their lives to carrying the Gospel to the people of Turkey. May they be blessed for their obedience to Your call in their lives. We ask this prayer in Your name, Abba, amen.
- "Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
> > > To read our original Bible Study for the week of March 5 - 11, including updates from ACLJ about this case, and a copy of the letter written at that time by Norine Brunson, please go here.
"Who is this . . . fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars?" (Song of Solomon 6:10)
Fairest Lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature, O Thou of God and man the Son, Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor, Thou, my soul's glory, joy and crown.
Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands, Robed in the blooming garb of spring; Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer, Who makes the woeful heart to sing.
Fair is the sunshine, Fairer still the moonlight, And all the twinkling starry host; Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer Than all the angels heaven can boast.
All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly, Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee; None can be nearer, fairer or dearer, Than Thou, my Savior, art to me.
Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations! Son of God and Son of Man! Glory and honor, praise, adoration, Now and forever more be Thine.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Joseph A. Seiss, 1873.
Music: Richard S. Willis, 1850
About the hymn:
Written by German Jesuits as Schönster Herr Jesu in the 17th Century.
Signs and Wonders
Huge Russian volcano AWAKENS after 250 years with VIOLENT eruption
- The 7,103ft tall (2.2km high) Kambalny volcano is in the Kamchatka peninsula in the far east of Russia
- The colossal volcano recently became active and spewed out a 60-mile long ash plume visible from space
- Snow-topped volcano last erupted and poured out lava during the reign of Catherine the Great in the 1700s
The head of the Kamchatka Volcanic Eruption Response Team (KVERT), Olga Girina, said: "This is the first serious volcanic event at Kambalny in the modern history of scientific observations.
"According to researchers, a strong eruption occurred 600 years ago.
The Kambalny volcano unexpectedly erupted.
"There is information about its increased activity about 250 years ago. We are keeping a close look at the volcano.
"It is difficult to say how the event will unfold." (The Daily Mail UK) Read more and view amazing photos of this eruption here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
MUSLIM CONVERTS TO CHRISTIANITY ARE REVITALIZING EUROPE'S FADING CHRISTIAN CHURCHES
Due to Muslim conversions, faith leaders indicate Christianity now is making a comeback in Europe. Author Timothy Furnish said it is illegal in many Muslim countries to convert to another religion, so it is safer to convert to Christianity in Europe.
Due to Muslim conversions, faith leaders indicate Christianity now is making a comeback in Europe. Many parts of Europe reportedly are becoming more secular, and worship houses are losing congregants in noticeable amounts. An increasing number of Muslims, many of them refugees from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, are converting to Christianity in Europe. Local experts said the converts are embracing various Christian denominations, including Protestants, evangelical or Catholic. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Chris Tomlin - Our God (Live)
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]