Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, December 19, 2016
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders. . .
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end." (Isaiah 9:6a,7a)
Our Bible Readathon continues all day today . . . reading God's law over man's law . . .
Join us anytime by calling 712-770-4340;
Access Code 350430#. WELCOME!
"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests." (Luke 2:14)
Keeping It Simple
Keeping It Simple:
Headlines of Interest
PART ONE: THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE
1. Harvard Professor Admits His Efforts To Turn Electoral College Against Trump Have Failed Miserably - ZeroHedge.com
2. As Electoral College vote nears, GOP electors are deluged with pleas to bolt from Trump - Kansas City.com
3. In last-shot bid, thousands urge electoral college to block Trump at Monday vote - Washington Post
4. 9/11 record of Republican 'faithless elector' called into question - Fox News
PART TWO: RUSSIAN HACKING ALLEGATIONS
1. Obama defends handling of Russian meddling ahead of election: 'We handled it the way we should have' - Washington Post
2. Kremlin slams 'extremely scurrilous' US hacking accusations - Yahoo.com
3. FBI backs CIA claim that Russian hackers meddled in US election - Times of Israel
4. John Podesta: Something is deeply broken at the FBI - Washington Post
5. Wikileaks Founder Assange on Hacked Podesta, DNC Emails: 'Our Source Is Not the Russian Government' - Fox News
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
GOD SENDS A SIGN OF LIFE IN THE SKIES OVER ISRAEL
Amazing. Above Israel, "Chai" shines -- the Hebrew symbol of life!
1. Danon: UN hypocrisy against Israel has broken records - Israel National News
Outgoing United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Friday admitted that the international body is biased against Israel.
In a statement to the Security Council summarizing his ten years in office, Ban said that "we must never accept bias against Israel within UN bodies."
The Secretary General then admitted that the UN has a "disproportionate volume of resolutions, reports and conferences criticizing Israel" and that "in many cases, rather than helping the Palestinian cause, this reality has hampered the ability of the UN to fulfill its role effectively." (Read more)
2. PM blasts press for cultivating 'delusion of isolation' - Israel National News
PM Netanyahu last night criticized the Israeli press for what he said was its preference to ignore his recent historic visits in Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan.
The PM explained why he prefers to "bypass" the traditional news channels and speak with the citizens of Israel through his Facebook page which, as of this morning, has achieved 1,896,789 "likes."
"I have noticed that you have discerned that most of the news outlets barely reported on the historic visit that I had in two Muslim countries: Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. It was a very important visit which resulted in a number of agreements with them," the PM said. (Read more)
3. Amona residents take deal, avert forced evacuation - Times of Israel
In a move likely to quell fears of a violent showdown between settlers and security forces, residents of Amona voted Sunday to evacuate their outpost peacefully, accepting a proposal from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that would see 24 families moved to an adjacent plot of land while the rest set up in nearby Ofra.
The state said earlier that it would request an extension for the evacuation notice - set for December 25 - which the High Court is likely to accept, in order to allow time for the implementation of the compromise deal. (Read more)
4. Abbas's de facto 'successor' doesn't want to talk about 'the day after' - Times of Israel
RAMALLAH, West Bank - During my conversation with Jibril Rajoub, he repeated one sentence over and over. "Let us let bygones be bygones," he said. "Why open old wounds?"
Jibril Rajoub (known also by his nom de guerre, Abu Rami), 63, was referring to a number of dramatic incidents that took place from the late 1960s to early in the last decade - incidents that are linked with his relationship to Israel.
These range from the terror attacks for which he was responsible as a young man, to the prevention of the evacuation from Joseph's Tomb in Nablus of wounded 19-year-old Israeli Druze police officer Madhat Yusuf in 2000, when he was in charge of the Preventive Security Service in the West Bank. (Yusuf died of gunshot wounds sustained in fighting with Palestinians there.) Read more
5. Archaeology Discovery: 1,800-Y-O Tablet Reveals Name of Biblical-Era Ruler of Judea - Christian Post
Researchers studying the massive tablet, which weighs over 1,300 pounds, say that it is the first of its kind to reveal the Roman ruler's name as Gargilius Antiquus, LiveScience reported.
This period in Jewish history is significant, as it led to the people of Judea rebelling against the Romans in the Bar Kokhba revolt, which some historians believe led to the killing of more than half a million Jews.
The report, which included several photos of the discovery, noted that Dor has provided historians with a "treasure trove" of pottery, anchors, and a number of other artifacts from ancient Israel. (Read more)
6. Bennett: 'Amona deal heralds end of settlement evacuations, dawn of Israeli sovereignty in W. Bank - Jerusalem Post
The proposal hammered out overnight to prevent a forceful evacuation of Amona will hopefully put behind the era of settlement evacuations and the idea of two-states, and herald an era of Israeli sovereignty in Judea and Samaria. The proposal would move 24 families to an eight-dunam site next to the existing location. In addition, efforts would be made to acquire another 50 dunam site nearby for expansion. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump almost certain to win Electoral College vote, but nothing's sure in 2016 elections - Fox News
The Electoral College is expected Monday to select Donald Trump as the next president of the United States, despite efforts to disrupt the 227-year-old process that so far appears to have resulted in just one openly rogue voter. Still, Democrats and Republicans on Sunday spoke with some uncertainty about the anticipated outcome.
"We expect everything to fall in line," Reince Priebus, White House chief of staff in the incoming Trump administration, told "Fox News Sunday."
In most presidential election years, the Electoral College vote would essentially be a formality after the popular vote is cast in November.
But 2016 was not a typical election year, considering Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton won the popular vote with roughly 2.6 million more ballots than Trump but lost the Electoral College vote. (Read more)
- Father, we stand firm that this vote is now finished, and in the belief that these electors will honor the pledges they have made to the citizens in each of their parties in their states. Praise God.
- "All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37)
2. Trump's New Israel Ambassador Looks Forward to Serving From "Israel's Eternal Capital, Jerusalem" - Breaking Israel News
President elect Donald Trump announced on Thursday evening that he will nominate David Friedman to be the US Ambassador to Israel. "The bond between Israel and the United States runs deep, and I will ensure there is no daylight between us when I'm President," said President-elect Trump. "As the United States' Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman will maintain the special relationship between our two countries. He has been a long-time friend and trusted advisor to me. His strong relationships in Israel will form the foundation of his diplomatic mission and be a tremendous asset to our country as we strengthen the ties with our allies and strive for peace in the Middle East. Nothing is more critical than protecting the security of our citizens at home and abroad." (Read more)
- Holy Father, give America and Israel extraordinary favor today and in the following years because our enemies will not triumph over our two nations. We pray President-elect Donald Trump and David Friedman will be blessed by the Lord as Your direction and guidance is revealed to them regarding all the issues that they will encounter. Give them strength of character as they stand strong in God's leading. We thank You for this nomination. In the Name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bears rule, the people mourn." (Proverbs 29:2)
3. Fmr. Amb. to Saudi Arabia Jordan: Tillerson and Trump Square on Israel - Fox News
President-elect Donald Trump tapped Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) Chief Executive Rex Tillerson as his choice for Secretary of State. But Mr. Tillerson may face bipartisan resistance from Congress over his ties to the Middle East and Russian President Vladimir Putin. However, others see Tillerson's global relations as a positive. Robert Jordan, former U.S. Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, said Tillerson's worldwide experience as CEO of Exxon is the type of leadership needed to run the State Department.
Tillerson has received support from Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and former Defense Secretary Robert Gates. But, how do Tillerson's close ties with gulf oil producers and Exxon Mobil's operations in Saudi Arabia square up with Trump's support for Israel?
"The gulf oil producing states are increasingly closer with Israel because of their common enemy in Iran. So, I think that issue is almost a nonissue at this stage," Jordan told host Liz Claman. "I think Rex Tillerson is completely capable of dealing with Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia, you name it. And I think he will understand and has clearly understood through his career the importance of our relationship with Israel," he said. (Read more)
- Holy Father, we pray that You will call all the nations together to build up the walls of America and Israel and gather their leaders to lock arms with President-elect Donald Trump and Exxon Chief Rex Tillerson. Create a mighty force that will have great wisdom, knowledge and understanding to deal with nations in the Middle East. Break every evil spirit through the power of the Blood of Jesus that would cause warfare or disunity. In the Name above all names, Jesus Christ we pray.
- "Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered: let them also that hate Him flee before Him." (Psalm 68:1)
4. Associated Press Will Partner with Facebook to Flag 'Fake News' - CNSNews.com
The Associated Press announced Thursday that it will join Facebook to help "identify and debunk" news stories being shared online that are false.
According to the AP announcement, "when AP or another participating fact-check organization flags a piece of content as fake, Facebook users will see that it has been disputed and there will be a link to the corresponding article explaining why. That flag will follow the content if a Facebook user chooses to share it." (Read more)
- Abba, the media has reported so much untruth. People are worn out with the lies that have been reported as being truth. Let all things hidden be revealed so truth will prevail in media reporting. We ask in Your precious name.
- "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness." (Romans 1:18)
5. Michelle Obama says America is entering a time of hopelessness - New York Times
With fewer than 40 days remaining as first lady, Michelle Obama is continuing to reflect on the legacy she and President Obama will leave after having occupied the White House for the last eight years. In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey, the first lady addressed the election outcome and suggested that the U.S. is entering a time of hopelessness.
"We are feeling what not having hope feels like," Obama told Winfrey in response to a question about whether President Obama had achieved the "hope and change" he promised while campaigning in 2008. As she often did while campaigning for Hillary Clinton, she didn't mention President-elect Donald Trump by name. But she alluded to the contrast many in the country are feeling since he won the election last month. "We feel the difference now," she said, noting that her husband had succeeded in keeping his campaign promise of fostering hope. "Hope is necessary. It's a necessary concept," she elaborated. "And Barack didn't just talk about hope because he thought it was a nice slogan to get votes. He and I and so many believed that what else do you have if you don't have hope? What do you give your kids if you can't give them hope?" (Read more)
- Holy Father, we are not pulled down nor brought under the influence by the words of man, but rather listen only to the voice of God Almighty. Our hope is not lost in Jesus, for it is He who will fight against our enemies and give us heaven-sent victory. We shall stand tall on the firm foundation that was bought with the price of the Lord Jesus at the Cross. We will not be denied the right to live in the Light of Jesus. In His glorious Name we pray.
- "Make haste, O God, to deliver us; make haste to help us, O Lord. Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after our souls: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire our hurt. Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha." (Psalm 70:1-3)
6. France postpones Middle East peace conference to January - Ynet News
France has postponed a proposed Middle East peace conference, in Paris to January next year, its ambassador to the United Nations said, acknowledging that the conditions to bring Israelis and Palestinians face-to-face were currently not there. France has repeatedly tried to breathe new life into the peace process this year, holding a preliminary conference, in June where the United Nations, European Union, United States and major Arab countries gathered to discuss proposals without the Israelis or Palestinians present.
The plan was to hold a follow-up conference before the end of the year with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas involved to see whether the two sides could be brought back to negotiations and revive moribund peace talks. (Read more)
- Righteous Father, through the Blood of Jesus we break all ungodly covenants agreed upon in the past between other peoples and nations with the Land of Israel and the Jewish people. We bind and cast out all spirits of hatred between Jacob and Esau from its inception and through the everlasting power of God, we claim a covenant of godly love and restitution will be agreed upon. Knit their hearts together by the power of the Holy Spirit. In the holy Name of Jesus we pray.
- "The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him; and He will show them his covenant." (Psalm 25:14)
7. ISIS has three surface-to-air missile launchers in Syria, US officials say - Fox News
ISIS has taken possession of three Russian surface-to-air missile launchers outside of Palmyra, Syria after retaking the ancient city last weekend, two U.S. defense officials told Fox News Thursday.
The officials said the SA-3 launchers contain four missiles each. The 60s-era Soviet missile launcher has a maximum range of 15 miles and can strike aircraft flying at over 60,000 feet in the air. It was not immediately clear whether ISIS knew how to use the military technology. ISIS retook Palmyra over the weekend after Syrian regime troops escaped in a hurry, leaving behind a trove of weapons. A spokesman for Russia's Ministry of Defense said Thursday that an "insignificant number" of weapons had been taken by the terror group.
"Anything they seized poses a threat to the coalition," Army Lt. Gen. Stephen J. Townsend told reporters Wednesday. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, plead our cause with ISIS that fights against the United States' military in Syria and take Your shield and buckler, and stand up against them with Your drawn spear, and stop them in the way. Block their minds from comprehending technicalities of these three surface-to-air missile launchers, which will prevent them from doing mass destruction and causing many deaths. Paralyze ISIS until they repent of their sins. In the mighty Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after our souls: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise our hurt. Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the Lord chase them. Let their way be dark a slippery; and let the angel of the Lord persecute them." (Psalm 35:4-6)
8. Trump: 'We'll Build Safe Zones in Syria' With Money from Gulf States - CNSNews.com
"We'll build safe zones in Syria," President-elect Donald Trump said on Thursday as he made a post-election thank-you trip to Hershey, Pa.
"When I look at what's going on in Syria, it's so sad. It's so sad. And we've got to help people.
"And we have the Gulf States. They have nothing but money. We don't have money. We owe $20 trillion. I will get the Gulf States to give us lots of money, and we'll build and help build safe zones in Syria, so people can have a chance. So they can have a chance." (Read more)
- Father, You know the terrible things that are happening to people living in Syria. The hearts of those mistreating people need to be turned to You to receive Your salvation. We pray for repentance and salvation of all people in Syria. Give that country the peace that only comes from You. Their only hope is in You. Doors to Your kingdom can be opened through Jesus Christ Your Son.
President-elect Trump has said that the United States will build safe zones in Syria. Let these be places that keep families together and let them live without being fearful. We cry Holy, Holy, Holy, are You Lord. Amen.
- "Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, The shield of your help And the sword of your majesty! Your enemies shall submit to you, And you shall tread down their high places." (Deuteronomy 33:29)
9. Emergency Security Council meeting called over Aleppo - The Daily Telegraph UK
An emergency meeting of the Security Council has been called to consider the situation in war-torn Syrian city of Aleppo, France's ambassador to the United Nations said Friday.
Francois Delattre told reporters outside Security Council chambers that his country and Germany asked for the Friday meeting. He said if an agreement can't be reached on safely evacuating civilians and enabling humanitarian aid into the besieged city under the eye of international observers, France and its partners could call for an emergency special session of the 193-member General Assembly. Delattre said the council meeting would include a briefing by U.N. humanitarian affairs chief Stephen O'Brien. "We keep having conflicting reports about what exactly is happening on the ground," he said.
Russia is a key ally of Syrian President Bashar Assad in his war with opposition rebel groups. Russia's U.N. ambassador, Vitaly Churkin, said the most urgent task in Syria now is to end all military activities and resume negotiations between the government and opposition. Churkin told the Security Council on Friday that "Damascus has more than once confirmed its readiness to take part in these negotiations." (Read more)
- Jesus, thank You for the French ambassador to the UN and for Germany taking the initiative to call an emergency meeting of the Security Council. The purpose of the meeting is to establish an agreement to safely evacuate civilians and to enable humanitarian aid into Aleppo. Lord, the people in Syria need Your help. Let all reports of what is happening in Syria be truthful. Give wisdom and discernment to the Security Council in making a decision to assist the people of Aleppo. Give them a clear vision of what You would have them do. In Your name we ask this. May Your name be glorified in all decisions and actions. For those who need salvation, may they repent and be saved in the Name of the Son of God. Thank You for blessing this situation. Amen.
- "Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain." (Psalm 127:1)
10. China to return seized US underwater drone, Pentagon says - BBC
The Pentagon says it has "secured an understanding" with China that it will return an underwater drone seized in the South China Sea. China captured the US vessel in international waters on Thursday. It has not explained why and accused the US of "hyping-up" the incident. US President-elect Donald Trump accused the Chinese of "stealing". (Read more) http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-38352761
- Father, we are thankful for this peaceful ending to a tense situation. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "There is . . . a time for peace . . ." (Ecclesiastes 13:8)
The Persecuted Church
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
"There were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them." (Luke 2:8-9)
Silent night, holy night, All is calm, all is bright Round yon virgin mother and Child. Holy Infant, so tender and mild, Sleep in heavenly peace, Sleep in heavenly peace.
Silent night, holy night, Shepherds quake at the sight; Glories stream from heaven afar, Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia! Christ the Savior is born, Christ the Savior is born!
Silent night, holy night, Son of God, love's pure light; Radiant beams from Thy holy face With the dawn of redeeming grace, Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth, Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth.
Silent night, holy night Wondrous star, lend thy light; With the angels let us sing, Alleluia to our King; Christ the Savior is born, Christ the Savior is born!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Josef Mohr, 1816
Music: Franz X. Gruber, 1820
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
Huge hole in the ocean floor near Australia could cause catastrophic earthquakes and tsunamis
The tear in the Earth's crust is located in the Banda Sea and measures about 60,000sq km - roughly the size of Tasmania. Geologists have now discovered the tear is one of the biggest faults on the planet and is running through the Ring of Fire, an area in the Pacific Ocean where a huge number of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur. (CourierMail.com/AU)
Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
School Ordered to RESTORE Charlie Brown Christmas Decorations: "God Bless Texas and Merry Christmas, America!"
A Texas school district learned a very important lesson Thursday: don't mess with Charlie Brown, don't mess with the Baby Jesus and don't mess with the Lone Star State's Merry Christmas law.
Judge Jack Jones issued a temporary restraining order against the Killeen Independent School District. The district had backed a principal's decision to remove a Christmas poster that referenced a poignant scene in the beloved holiday cartoon, "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
Dedra Shannon, an aide in Patterson Middle School's nurses office, created the door-length poster - featuring Linus, a scrawny tree, and dialogue explaining the true meaning of Christmas.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior which is Christ the Lord. That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown," Linus said.
Dedra Shannon's poster was well received among the staff and students - but a few days later she was told by the principal that the decorations had to come down because non-Christian students might be offended or feel uncomfortable.
(Breaking Christian News; reprinted with permission of Todd Starnes)
Read more here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
(This week, we will sing the traditional carols of the season, along with Grandma! For the lyrics, please see the "Grandmother's Songs" above. Merry Christmas!)
Amen . . .
The Bible Readathon
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#.
Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.