Special Bible Readathon:
All Day on Monday, December 19th
In Honor of the Meeting of the Electoral College
Dial 712-770-4340; Access Code 350430#
"So the word of the Lord was growing mightily
and prevailing." (Acts 19:20)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, December 15, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"The LORD is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me?" (Psalm 118:6)
> > > Watch for news of a special conference call on Sunday night, Dec. 18th, when leaders of 12 national prayer ministries will join forces to declare and to decree God's will being done in and through the Electoral College the next day! We will publish all details about this call on a Special Report, tomorrow.
Keeping It Simple
Keeping It Simple:
Headline News of Interest
PART ONE: DONALD TRUMP IN THE NEWS
1. Execs representing a whopping $3 trillion just walked into Trump Tower - CNBC
2. Trump pledges 'open door' with Silicon Valley at meeting - NY Post
3. Trump Pledges Aid to Silicon Valley During Tech Meeting - NBC News
4. Trump to unveil Supreme Court pick close to inauguration - Ynet News
5. NYPD: Muslim teenager who reported harassment by Trump supporters made the story up - Yahoo.com
PART TWO: MORE NEWS OF INTEREST
1. Dems scramble to prevent their own from defecting to Trump - Fox News
2. Populist earthquakes make 2017 the great unknown - Yahoo.com
3. Report: Evidence of Detroit Voter Fraud, Too Many Votes in 37% of Precincts - Breitbart
4. Rep. King: Canceled intel briefing on alleged Russian interference in US election is 'disgraceful' - Fox News
5. Yahoo suffers world's biggest hack affecting 1 billion users - Yahoo.com
6. Stolen Yahoo Data Includes Government Employee Information - Bloomberg
The Middle East in Focus
1. Netanyahu in Kazakhstan warns Iran: We're a tiger, not a rabbit - Times of Israel
TANA, Kazakhstan - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu used a visit to Kazakhstan Wednesday to send a warning to arch-enemy Iran: Don't underestimate us, we are tigers, not rabbits.
During a meeting Wednesday morning in Astana with Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev, the host asked Netanyahu whether he could deliver a message to Iran's president, Hassan Rouhani, who is set to visit the Central Asian country next week.
Netanyahu replied yes, according to a senior official with knowledge of the details of the discussions. "Ask him why Iran continues to threaten us with annihilation. Don't you understand: we're not a rabbit. We're a tiger," the prime minister told Nazarbayev.
2. Attorney General declines to defend Netanyahu before court in submarine affair- Jerusalem Post
The State Attorney's Office has declined to defend Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu against a petition to the High Court of Justice regarding the submarine affair, leaving the prime minister to send his personal lawyer to the court, an NGO said Tuesday.
The Movement for the Quality of Government in Israel filed the petition demanding that Attorney-General Avichai Mandelblit immediately open a full criminal investigation regarding accusations of impropriety in the ordering of submarines from Germany.
A spokesman for the State Attorney's Office said that by definition the state could not represent Netanyahu in the High Court when it also was reviewing his actions in the case for possible criminality.
3. Palestinians preparing new Security Council draft - report -Times of Israel
The Palestinian delegation to the United Nations has reportedly circulated a new draft of a resolution condemning Israel settlements that they hope to bring to a vote before US President Barack Obama leaves office next month.
The draft is reportedly softer than one circulated earlier in the year, but still calls all the settlements, including Jewish neighborhoods in East Jerusalem, illegal, Israel Radio reported, noting that Egypt would submit the text for the Palestinians.
The Palestinians pushed for the Security Council to adopt a resolution against settlements in February 2011 but it was vetoed by the United States. The 14 other Security Council members voted in favor of the resolution, reflecting the wide support for the draft which had over 100 co-sponsors.
4. Dershowitz: ICC will go after Israel if settlement bill passes - Jerusalem Post
If the Knesset passes the settlements regulation bill, the International Criminal Court will go after Israelis and the Obama administration will let an anti-settlement resolution through at the UN, Prof. Alan Dershowitz says.
Dershowitz made the statement at an event for the Matan Institute for Women's Torah Studies in Ra'anana on Tuesday night.
5. Iranian President Rouhani: 'Jihad Against Tel Aviv Only Recourse for Palestinians' - Algemeiner
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Tuesday that because the "Zionist regime and its supporters" have paved the way for terrorism throughout the Middle East - causing Muslim states to be preoccupied with their own internal woes - the only recourse for the Palestinians was jihad against Tel Aviv, the semi-official state news agency Fars reported.
According to the report, Rouhani made this statement during a meeting in Tehran with the leader of the Gaza-based, Tehran-backed terrorist organization Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), Ramadan Shalah. Refusing to refer to the Jewish state by name, Rouhani also said that, because world public opinion understands the "usurper regime" has never sought peace, the Palestinians can make a good case and have a strong argument for engaging in armed "resistance."
Shalah, named by the US as a "Specially Designated Terrorist" - and placed on the FBI's "most-wanted" list for conducting the affairs of the PIJ through bombings, murders, extortion and money-laundering - told Rouhani that he appreciated Iran's support for the Palestinian people and "resistance groups," a term used by radical Islamists to portray themselves as fighters for a cause, rather than terrorists.
6. Hamas says it now has 'real army' to fight Israel, is 'leading' missile-maker in Arab world - Times of Israel
A senior Hamas official said that the terror group has built a so-called "real army" to fight Israel and that it has become the leading manufacturer of missiles in the Arab world.
Fathi Hammad, a member of the group's political bureau and a former interior minister in Gaza, said Hamas "has made a resolute decision to remain steadfast and wage jihad, as the only means to liberate Palestine," according to the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) which picked up a media interview he gave on Al-Aqsa TV on December 8.
7. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Update
To read this report, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Intel panel nixes briefing on alleged Russian interference in US election after resistance - Fox News
The House Intelligence Committee abruptly canceled a briefing set for Thursday on alleged Russian interference in the U.S. election, after the CIA declined to provide a briefer for the session, Fox News is told . . . lawmakers, on both sides of the aisle, have backed calls for a separate congressional investigation, voicing concern that Obama's intelligence agencies might not be able to conduct a thorough review before he leaves office.
But Fox News is told the CIA declined citing its focus on the full review requested by President Obama, and the other agencies did not respond to the committee's request, which is unusual given the panel is the most-senior committee with jurisdiction. "It is unacceptable that the Intelligence Community directors would not fulfill the House Intelligence Committee's request to be briefed tomorrow on the cyber-attacks that occurred during the presidential campaign," Nunes said in a statement. "The Committee is deeply concerned that intransigence in sharing intelligence with Congress can enable the manipulation of intelligence for political purposes." (Read more)
- Father, we sense Your Hand moving upon the hearts of those in authority, causing them to make decisions based on facts and not on rumors. We thank You for this development, in Your name, amen.
- "There is a time for all things . . ." (Eccl. 3:1)
2. FBI New York Field Office Told To Continue Clinton Foundation Probe - Daily Caller
Officials at FBI headquarters instructed its New York field office to continue its corruption investigation into the Clinton Foundation following the election of Republican candidate Donald Trump, according to a former senior law enforcement official.
The instructions ordered agents to "go forward" with their ongoing inquiry into the Clinton Foundation which is focusing on issues of corruption and money laundering, according to the source.
"There were no instructions to shut it down, to discontinue or to stand down on the investigation, but to continue its work," the former official told the Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this report, and we continue to lift up all matters related to this investigation, that all evidence of any wrongdoing be brought to light, and the perpetrators be brought to justice. In Your name, amen.
- "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
3. The electoral voters speak, and they're not out for a revolt - AP
Republican electors have been hounded to abandon Donald Trump, but they appear to be in no mood for an insurrection in the presidential campaign's last voting ritual. This most untraditional of elections is on course to produce a traditional outcome Monday - an Electoral College ticket to the White House for the president-elect. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for protecting our electors and our electoral process. We pray for finality and acceptance of President-Elect Trump on Monday.
- "The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble." (Proverbs 19:23)
4. Here's How Trump Courted Sandberg, Cook, and Bezos - Bloomberg
Afterward, Amazon's Bezos said the meeting was "very productive." He said he shares the view that "the administration should make innovation one of its key pillars, which would create a huge number of jobs across the whole country, in all sectors, not just tech -- agriculture, infrastructure, manufacturing -- everywhere." The praise from the Trump camp came quickly too. Donald Trump Jr. was "honored" to have been at the meeting with "the most impressive group of minds I've seen assembled," he tweeted. "We're on track to make America first again," tweeted Reince Priebus. (Read more)
- Father, we are grateful this meeting went so well. We pray the Trump administration and these corporate executives continue working together to improve the lives of all Americans.
- "Blessed be the Lord, the God of our fathers, who has put such a thing as this in the king's heart . . . and has extended lovingkindness to me before the king and his counselors and before all the king's mighty princes. Thus I was strengthened according to the hand of the Lord my God upon me, and I gathered leading men . . . to go up with me." (Ezra 7:27-28, excerpted)
5. On Its Way Out, Obama Admin. Enacts Rule Preventing States from Defunding Planned Parenthood - CNSNews.com
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) finalized a rule Wednesday that would block states from defunding abortion providers like Planned Parenthood.
The final version of the rule bans any recipient of Title X federal funding for family planning from excluding potential funding recipients "for reasons other than its ability to provide Title X services."
HHS claimed that "In the past several years, a number of states have taken actions to restrict participation by certain types of providers as subrecipients in the Title X Program, unrelated to the provider's ability to provide family planning services. This has caused limitations in the geographic distribution of services and decreased access to services." (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that this rule be appealed and overruled at the Supreme Court. In Your name, amen.
- "Devise a plan, but it will be thwarted; State a proposal, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
6. Conservatives Split From GOP Leaders Over Timing of Obamacare Repeal - Daily Signal
GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill are committed to using a budget tool called reconciliation to send a bill repealing Obamacare to President-elect Donald Trump's desk. Though Republicans are settled on getting rid of the Affordable Care Act, fault lines have emerged between GOP lawmakers who disagree on when exactly the health care law should be repealed and, to a lesser extent, which Obamacare provisions to include in the reconciliation bill. (Read more)
- Father, we pray our legislators will develop the best plan to provide continuous health care to our people. May they be successful in all they propose.
- "Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." (Isaiah 49:13)
7. Ohio House GOP weighing options after Gov. Kasich's Heartbeat Bill veto - ABC6/Columbus
Republican lawmakers were discussing their options after Ohio Gov. John Kasich vetoed a bill banning abortion at the first detectable fetal heartbeat, the House speaker said Wednesday.
Some GOP House members believe Kasich's veto was "a step backward on this important issue," Brad Miller, spokesman for Republican Speaker Cliff Rosenberger, said in a statement. "The speaker will be working with caucus members to determine possible options and the outcome will be decided after further consideration," Miller said.
If they decide to try to override the veto, the vote would start in the House, where the bill originated, and requires a three-fifths majority of the House and Senate to succeed. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that Your Hand would rest upon these GOP legislators in Ohio, as they seek to find a way to get this bill passed. In Your name, amen.
- "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
8. Atheists Demand Pennsylvania City Remove Veterans' Memorial Bench - Liberty Council
The American Atheists Legal Center (AALC) has demanded that city officials in Oil City remove a bench in a Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) memorial in Justus Park, simply because it contains a William Penn quotation which has the word "God" in it. Liberty Counsel has offered pro bono defense to Oil City mayor, William Moon, to keep the Tyrants Bench in place with the William Penn paraphrase remaining. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray the American Atheists Legal Center would drop their complaint against Oil City, PA. They are only proving the words they contest engraved on the bench: "If we will not be governed by God, we must be governed by tyrants."
- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." (Proverbs 1:7)
9. Congress Passes Key Bill to Combat Religious Persecution - Christian Post
A key religious freedom bill that would bolster the State Department's ability to help counter terrorism and the increasing persecution of religious minorities throughout the world has been sent to President Barack Obama's desk.
Both the United States House of Representatives and the Senate have passed the Frank R. Wolf International Religious Freedom Act, which is named after the former Virginia congressman who spent over two decades advocating for persecuted religious minorities across the globe. (Read more)
- Father, we praise You for the passage of this much needed legislation! We pray President Obama would sign it quickly and our State Department would implement its provisions immediately.
- "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." (Psalm 91:14)
10. Non-Church Goers Aren't Who You Think: 5 Shocking Insights From Lifeway Research - Christian Post
They aren't antagonistic. They welcome a conversation with believers. They aren't staying out of church for the reasons you may think. They are the unchurched. And because many church leaders and members have such misperceptions about them, churches often fail to reach them, or even attempt to reach them (Read more)
- Father, the harvest is ripe! Open the eyes of Your Body to reach out to the unchurched with confidence and compassion.
- "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, December 15, 2016
The Stein-Clinton coup attempt
With all the brouhaha of Russian interference in the presidential election and the subsequent false flag emergency of recounts, the fake news vassal of the progressive agenda-the mainstream news media-is complicit in a failed coup attempt by losers Hillary Clinton and her Green Party minion Jill Stein. Thanks to Pennsylvania District Court Judge Paul S. Diamond, the legal coup that threatened the results of the presidential election and the composition of the Electoral College vote was put down. The news media reported only that the judge, a Republican appointee of former President George W. Bush, summarily rejected Stein's recount as having no credible evidence. But there's a lot more to the story.
The 31-page decision indicates that the real reason behind Stein's effort was to delay Pennsylvania's certification of the presidential election results to prevent the casting of the state's Electoral College votes. This would have disrupted the election, and if there were similar successful actions in Wisconsin and Michigan, Clinton may well have become president, a virtual coup fomented by a third party crusader designed to make Clinton look innocent in all of the chicanery. Stein said that she didn't want voters to be disenfranchised and that every vote should count, especially since the Russians could have hacked the results. In reality, Diamond said Stein wanted to "ensure that no Pennsylvania vote counts."
Judge Diamond wrote that granting the recount would have made "it impossible for the Commonwealth to certify its Presidential Electors by December 13 (as required by federal law), thus inexcusably disenfranchising some six million Pennsylvania voters." He went on to state in his decision that Stein did not file the necessary affidavits nor follow the procedures for a recount, but rather filed law suits in counties across the state claiming that the election was fraudulent. Diamond said that Stein presented "absolutely no evidence of any voting irregularities." In other words, Stein (funded in part by Clinton and supported by the Clinton legal team) was just trying to steal the election.
Diamond elaborated on the procedures taken to ensure integrity of the state's voting machines. Moreover, there is no central computer that could result in a hacking of voter results because the machines are not connected to the internet. Diamond wrote that Stein/Clinton's computer "expert" made hacking accusations in the lawsuit based on what he knew of the Democratic Party email server's hacking and media reports, which "do not remotely relate to Election Day hacks of offline voting machines in Pennsylvania." You see, there was no Russian interference in the US election and the fake news is a product of the mainstream media. 2 Timothy 3:13 is in play: "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." Judge Diamond stood in the breech for America. The media and the Clinton team lies.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
O HOLY NIGHT
"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:10,11)
O holy night, the stars are brightly shining; It is the night of the dear Savior's birth! Long lay the world in sin and error pining, Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth. A thrill of hope, the weary soul rejoices, For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees, O hear the angel voices! O night divine, O night when Christ was born! O night, O holy night, O night divine!
Led by the light of faith serenely beaming, With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand. So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming, Here came the wise men from Orient land. The King of kings lay thus in lowly manger, In all our trials born to be our friend! He knows our need-to our weakness is no stranger. Behold your king; before Him lowly bend! Behold your king; before Him lowly bend!
Truly He taught us to love one another; His law is love and His Gospel is peace. Chains shall He break, for the slave is our brother And in His name all oppression shall cease. Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, Let all within us praise His holy name! Christ is the Lord! O praise His name forever! His pow'r and glory evermore proclaim! His pow'r and glory evermore proclaim!
Please go here.
(Sung by Libera)
About the Author:
Words: Placide Cappeau, 1847
Translated from French to English by John S. Dwight
Music: Adolphe C. Adam
About the hymn:
On Christmas Eve 1906, Canadian inventor Reginald A. Fessenden played this song on a violin in a radio transmission to ships at sea, making it the first music ever broadcast over the airwaves.
Signs and Wonders
Earth woefully unprepared for surprise comet or asteroid, NASA scientist warns
Humans are woefully unprepared for a surprise asteroid or comet, a Nasa scientist warned on Monday, at a presentation with nuclear scientists into how humans might deflect cosmic dangers hurtling toward Earth.
"The biggest problem, basically, is there's not a hell of a lot we can do about it at the moment," said Dr Joseph Nuth, a researcher with Nasa's Goddard Space Flight Center.
Speaking at the annual meeting of American Geophysical Union, Nuth noted that large and potentially dangerous asteroids and comets are extremely rare, compared to the small objects that occasionally explode in Earth's sky or strike its surface. "But on the other hand they are the extinction-level events, things like dinosaur killers, they're 50 to 60 million years apart, essentially. You could say, of course, we're due, but it's a random course at that point."
. . . Nasa recently established a planetary defense office, and Nuth has recommended that the agency build an interceptor rocket to keep in storage, with periodic testing, alongside an observer spacecraft. Nuth said that Nasa could cut that five-year schedule in half, but that even reducing that schedule by a quarter would be "basically a hail-mary pass". (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
The Brazilian Soccer Team Member Who Survived Horrific Plane Crash . . . Holding His Bible
(Colombia)-[CBN News] Helio Neto was traveling with the [Brazilian] soccer team [Chapecoense] and other passengers when the plane crashed, killing 71 people. Although Neto is still in the hospital recovering from serious injuries, he thanks God for keeping him safe.
What happened minutes before the crash has shocked everyone.
Neto was reading Psalm 63, which says: "On my bed I remember You; I think of You through the watches of the night; Because You have been my help; Then I will rejoice in the shadow of your wings."
Neto is known as being a man of faith who constantly carries his Bible.
"It's the first thing he takes when he travels," Neto's wife Simone told the Daily Mail after she retrieved the Bible from the crash site.
"O Holy Night" - Josh Groban
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer:
Two other prayer ministries to note --
24/7 Prayer Continues!
You are welcome to join the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call!
> > > The 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call is taking place for 70 Days leading up to the Jan 20, 2017 Presidential Inauguration in DC.
Numerous ministries are participating. Join in any time, day or night in this continuous stream of intercession:
Our good friend, Dai Sup Han, raised up PrayerSurgeNow at the leading of our Lord, nine years ago. Ever since then, "PSN" has hosted weekly conference calls every Saturday morning from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST, with speakers who provide briefings to the Body of Christ of different topics needing prayer.
PSN also offers other opportunities now, throughout the week each week, to join with other seasoned intercessors in releasing targeted prayers for our nation.
For news of PSN's weekly agendas, please visit their website by going to: prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.