CHPP The Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, December 12, 2016
"Installation" or "Inauguration"??
Please see below!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, December 12, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
1. Rex Tillerson, Exxon Chief, Is Expected to Be Pick for Secretary of State - New York Times
Rex W. Tillerson, the chief executive of Exxon Mobil, whose extensive deal-making for the energy giant has plunged him into global politics from Yemen to Russia, is expected to be offered the secretary of state post this weekend by President-elect Donald J. Trump, according to two people close to Mr. Trump's transition team.
Mr. Tillerson has close ties with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, whom he has known for more than two decades. Russia awarded Mr. Tillerson its Order of Friendship in 2013, the year before Washington's relationship with Moscow was plunged into a deep freeze over Russia's annexation of Crimea and its shadow war in eastern Ukraine.
Relations with Russia have grown only more troubled since American intelligence agencies formally determined shortly after the November election that Russia had taken steps intended to help Mr. Trump win.
Mr. Tillerson, with no background in diplomacy outside the energy arena, would inherit those problems. He would also face the question of whether to maintain sanctions on Russia - penalties he has criticized for slowing Exxon's investments in that country. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that this decision has now been announced. Lord God of Israel, we ask that You grant your favor to rest upon Mr. Tillerson, as he goes before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee next month to be approved as the candidate for the position of the Secretary of State. May he be guided by Your hand in all he says and does, in Your name, amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
2. Democrat Leader of Alabama Senate: Sessions 'Will Do What's Right' as AG - CNSNews.com
The minority leader of the Alabama State Senate who worked closely with Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) for nearly two decades said that he had "not witnessed any type of racial overtone" from President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for attorney general during that period.
Alabama State Senate Minority Leader Quinton Ross (D-Montgomery) also told CNSNews.com that he is "confident" that if confirmed, Sessions "will do what's right for the citizens of the United States." (Read more)
- Lord, thank You for Quinton Ross, Alabama State Senate Minority Leader's, encouraging words about Sen. Jeff Sessions' work ethics. As President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Attorney General, Sen. Sessions has received accolades from Sen. Ross. Sen. Ross has stated that Sen. Sessions will do the right thing for all the citizens of the United States. We pray Your covering of Sen. Sessions that Your glory will shine through his work. May this man be an example to others in authority under the new administration. Let the groaning of our nation cease and the rejoicing begin. In Your precious name. Hallelujah! Praise You, Lord.
- "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan." (Proverbs 29:2)
3. Trump Asking Evangelical Leaders for Appointment Recommendations at Higher Level Than Previous Presidents, Richard Land Says - Christian Post
Signaling his apparent commitment to the evangelical community, President-elect Donald Trump will be keeping his Evangelical Advisory Board and has been soliciting their recommendations as he forms his administration.
The group of evangelicals on the executive board of the EAB, which includes author, psychologist and Focus on the Family founder, Dr. James Dobson as well as president of Liberty University Jerry Falwell Jr., provided advisory support to Mr. Trump on issues important to evangelicals and other people of faith in during the New York billionaire's presidential campaign. In a Friday interview, president of Southern Evangelical Seminary and executive advisory board member Dr. Richard Land, who has worked with politicians for 30 years, said he has never seen a president-elect solicit as many recommendations as Trump has solicited. "They are inquiring on a regular basis if we have any other people, 'give them to us,'" Land said.
Land explained that while the counsel of the EAB is being sought on a variety of issues by the Trump team, he believes the board's input "has more weight on issues that are of particular importance to evangelicals, like the judges and the Supreme Court and religious freedom issues, faith-based initiatives and Israel. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this move by the next President of the United States of America. As President Trump seeks Godly counsel with the critical decisions he must make in office, we thank You that You will speak through Your chosen servants to provide this wisdom for him. Thank You for the humility already demonstrated by Donald Trump, as he reaches out to these leaders in the evangelical community for that guidance. In Your name we pray, amen.
- "Without consultation, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they succeed." (Proverbs 15:22)
4. Democrats plot uphill fight against some Trump nominations - Reuters
U.S. Senate Democrats plan to fight some of President-elect Donald Trump's choices for top administration jobs, but history and the party's minority status in the chamber are not on their side.
A simple majority of 51 votes is needed in the 100-member Senate to confirm nominations. Louisiana will select its newest senator on Saturday. If the Republicans, as expected, hold on to the seat, they will control at least 52 seats in the chamber next year.
The last rejection was in 1989, when the Senate blocked Republican President George H.W. Bush's nomination of Senator John Tower to be defense secretary. In 2013, Democratic President Barack Obama had trouble getting Chuck Hagel confirmed as defense secretary, but he ultimately prevailed.
This time around, Democrats said their top targets included U.S. Representative Tom Price as head of the Department of Health and Human Services, and Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt as Environmental Protection Agency administrator.
Former New York investment banker and hedge fund investor Steven Mnuchin, tapped by Trump to become Treasury secretary, is also drawing the ire of Democrats, who will be in the minority in both the new Senate and House of Representatives in 2017. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that You are guiding President- Elect Trump in every decision he is now making to fill key positions in his cabinet and his administration. May each one be shown favor by the various Senate committees that will approve these nominations. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
5. Obama is rushing to Trump-proof the White House - mcclatchydc.com
Since Election Day, President Barack Obama has appointed 56 people to boards, commissions and offices in the hopes that they remain in those posts for years to come. He has reduced the prison sentences of 79 federal inmates. He has handed out the nation's highest civilian honor to 21 people who he said personally made an impact on his life. And he has churned out rules, regulations and policies several times a week.
Obama is trying to put the people and policies in place that he wants to outlast his presidency in the final weeks before Donald Trump takes over. And his supporters want more, way more.
Still, Obama needs to be careful he doesn't push out last-minute actions subject to a rarely used law, Congressional Review Act, designed to prevent so-called midnight regulations. House Republicans recently sent a letter to Obama administration officials - similar to a request in 2008 - asking that they not try to push new regulations before leaving office.
"There is a tradition of bipartisan opposition to regulations imposed at the end of an outgoing administration. The last thing that we need to see today or in the next weeks is unelected bureaucrats pushing through regulations at the 11th hour." - House Speaker Paul Ryan (Read more)
- Holy Father, we pray that You will stand up for America and eventually the world, and dispatch Your heavenly host of warring angels to go forth and smite all those that have been appointed to any office for the purpose of evil control in the future. Let God's judgment come forth to topple the past administration and uproot all seeds that have been sown to deceive and defile, spreading darkness through abominable actions. In the Name of Jesus we pray and believe it done.
- "And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell." (James 3:6)
6. None of the inauguration protests have their proper permits yet. Here's why. - Washington Post
Groups seeking to protest in the nation's capital on the day of - and the days around - the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump say they are being kept in limbo because officials have yet to issue permits for demonstrations.
About 20 groups - including the Women's March on Washington, People's Action and the ANSWER Coalition - have applied to demonstrate on federal property around the Jan. 20 event.
But the National Park Service, which handles permitting, said it does not grant any requests until the Presidential Inaugural Committee, which plans the parade and other events to usher in the new president, maps out where it will hold inauguration-related activities. (Read details here.)
- Father, we more than one million citizens descending upon our city next month, we ask Your grace to rest upon those in authority who must decide issues related to the installation of President-Elect Donald Bush on January 20th. We speak peace to this city, and to all events related to his installation, in Your name, amen.
- "Let all things be done decently and in order." (I Corinthians 14:40)
7. Netanyahu: I want Trump to help us reach a two-state solution - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu expressed optimism about the incoming Trump administration and its ability to work with Israel on pressing matters in the Middle East, telling 60 Minutes he expected a more productive relationship with the President-elect than with his predecessor.
During the sit-down interview with Lesley Stahl, Netanyahu praised Donald Trump, saying his support for the Jewish state "is clear", and referencing Trump's recent statements regarding his "warm feelings" towards Israel.
"I know Donald Trump. I know him very well. And I think his attitude, his support for Israel is clear. He feels very warmly about the Jewish state, about the Jewish people and about Jewish people. There's no question about that." (Read more)
- O, Father God! We rejoice at the thought that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu might, indeed, enjoy a much better working relationship with our new president than he has over the past eight years. We pray for great success as our two nations work to undo the wicked treaty that was signed with the nation of Iran last year. Let righteousness triumph, we pray, amen.
- "Let God arise and His enemies be scattered!" (Psalm 68:1)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Ready for a second Arab Spring? - Washington Examiner
The Middle East is poised for a second Arab Spring, if the United Nations is correct.
The U.N.'s latest Arab Development Report, published Nov. 29, showed younger Arabs are increasingly turning away from their respective governments and aligning their loyalties to religion and faith leaders.
Though the report doesn't explicitly declare an imminent cultural upheaval like the one seen in 2011, the Economist makes a compelling argument that this is where things are headed. (Read more)
2. UN to fund 'blacklist' of Israeli companies - Israel National News
The United Nations is set to vote next week to fund a "blacklist" of Israeli and international companies operating in Jerusalem, the Golan Heights and in Judea and Samaria.
The vote, which will take place in the Fifth Committee which oversees the UN's budget and administration, will authorize funding for the UN's Human Rights Council to compile the list. The intent to create the list, which is expected to be utilized by Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) activists for anti-Israel activities, caused an international uproar when it was announced last March.
Israel's Ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Danon, announced on Friday that the Israeli Mission will publicly oppose the list and that he created a task-force to propose new ideas to combat the initiative. (Read more)
3. Religious youth group urges 'struggle' against Amona evacuation - Times of Israel
The religious-Zionist youth movement Ariel called on its members to take part in a non-violent struggle against the evacuation of the Amona outpost in the central West Bank, which has been ordered by the High Court for no later than December 25.
"[The movement] cannot keep silent while the destruction of a settlement in the Land of Israel takes place. It is our right and obligation to safeguard our country, our way and our faith," read a statement by the movement. "Everyone should choose the form of struggle that works for him. Of course one should not protest violently or break the law," the statement concluded. (Read more)
4. Labor MK starts 'Wanted Bibi' campaign - Jerusalem Post
MK Erel Margalit (Zionist Union) began a campaign with former Labor Knesset candidate Eldad Yaniv Sunday urging the public to push the legal establishment to pursue a serious criminal investigation of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Margalit and Yaniv released a video that mocks the chances that a serious investigation will be conducted by Attorney-General Avichai Mandelblit and Police Insp.-Gen. Roni Alsheich, who they say are too close to Netanyahu. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu accepts Paris invite to meet Abbas, if France drops conference - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday accepted French President François Hollande's invitation to meet with him and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in Paris later this month, as long as there is no international conference.
The French are planning a conference of foreign ministers in Paris on December 21 to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian issue, and invited Netanyahu and Abbas to come to the city the day after for a meeting of their own.
Israel has made clear that it sees the French-led conference, a follow-up to a meeting of foreign ministers in Paris over the summer, as an effort to impose a settlement on it, and that it will not take part. (Read more)
- Petition the Lord for His will to be done in this scenario where Abbas is demanding the land of biblical Israel and prompting global interference. Ask Him to clearly reveal the way ahead to PM Netanyahu as per talks, land disputes and how to deal with international interference.
- "Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, 'To your descendants I will give this land.'" (Genesis 12:7a)
(Prayer offered by Bridges for Peace)
6. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Israel Prayer Update
To read this prayer bulletin, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House - Washington Post
The CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, according to officials briefed on the matter.
Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton's chances.
"It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia's goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected," said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. "That's the consensus view." (Read more)
- Holy Father, we ask You to uncover this issue and shine the Light of God on it so that it can be visibly clear, without any doubt, what is the true essence of this statement by the CIA regarding Russia. God, reveal the clear and concise meaning and the absolute Truth on what Russia's role was. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." (1 John 3:8)
2. Obama orders review of Russian election-related hacking - CNN
President Barack Obama has ordered a full review into hacking aimed at influencing US elections going back to 2008, the White House said Friday.
"The President has directed the Intelligence Community to conduct a full review of what happened during the 2016 election process. It is to capture lessons learned from that and to report to a range of stakeholders," White House Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Adviser Lisa Monaco said at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast with reporters Friday. "This is consistent with the work that we did over the summer to engage Congress on the threats that we were seeing."
White House spokesman Eric Schultz added later that the review would encompass malicious cyber activity related to US elections going back to 2008. (Read more)
- Lord God, we trust that all the ball-of-yarn that has been conjured up by the Democrats who are part of the shadow government to cast doubt on the election returns, to be put under the Blood of Jesus and thus killing every doubt that there was unfairness. Let God's axe fall upon the root of deception by the shadow government and all their emissaries' plans be annihilated by the power of God's hand. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out." (John 12:31)
3a. Trump team challenges intel on Russian election influence - CNSNews.com
Donald Trump's presidential transition team on Saturday challenged the veracity of U.S. intelligence assessments that Russia was trying to tip the November election to the Republican. A top Senate Democrat demanded a full congressional investigation.
In a statement late Friday, Trump's transition team said the finger-pointing at Russia was coming from "the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction." On Saturday, spokesman Sean Spicer told CNN there were "people within these agencies who are upset with the outcome of the election." (Read more)
3b. Trump team says 'move on,' after Obama calls for cyber-hacking probe - Fox News
Donald Trump's presidential transition team late Friday criticized President Obama's order for a full-scale review of campaign-season cyber-attacks allegedly linked to Russia, saying it's "time to move on." Trump has been repeatedly dismissive of the intelligence community's determination that Russia sought through hacking to disrupt the U.S. election, which Trump, a Republican won in stunning upset over Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
"The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history. It's now time to move on and `Make America Great Again,' " the transition team said. "These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction." (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we thank You for giving the go-ahead to resume preparation for January 19th. We pray that Your excellent guidance be upon President-elect Trump every step of the way. Give him wisdom and discernment to detect lies, deception, trickery, traps, darkness in the people, treachery, and give him revelation of the absolute Truth. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "And it came to pass from that time forth, that the half of my servants wrought in the work, and the other half of them held both the spears, the shields, and the bows, and the habergeons; and the rulers were behind all the house of Judah." (Nehemiah 4:16)
4. At Army-Navy game, Trump says thought of leading US soldiers, sailors 'humbling' - Fox News
Donald Trump on Saturday at the annual Army-Navy football game praised the athletes on the field and the service academies' students in the stands whom he'll soon command as president, calling them "amazing people."
"You don't see this kind of spirit everywhere," Trump, the Republican president-elect, said during halftime of the game in Baltimore. "Just amazing people."
He also said the experience of becoming president and knowing he would lead such great men and women was "humbling" and also a "great honor and responsibility."
"They want to be strong," Trump said. (Read more)
- Father God, we are so blessed to see a man who will soon serve as our Commander-in-Chief with a heart to truly honor our men and women who are in uniform. Praise the Lord!
- "Then I will make up to you for the years That the swarming locust has eaten, The creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you." (Joel 2:25)
5. Obama Reminds Troops They Have the Right to 'Protest Against Authority' and 'Criticize Our President' - CNSNews.com
In a speech at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida on Tuesday, President Obama focused on his eight-year effort to protect the homeland, fight terrorism, and strengthen U.S. allies. He said he wanted to "talk about the foundation that we will leave for the next administration."
At one point, Obama reminded the troops "that each of us has . . . the universal right to speak your minds and to protest against authority; to live in a society that's open and free; that can criticize our president without retribution." Obama told the troops that just as he inherited the war on terror, "violent extremism" will be around for many years.
"So rather than offer false promises that we can eliminate terrorism by dropping more bombs or deploying more and more troops or fencing ourselves off from the rest of the world, we have to take a long view of the terrorist threat. And we have to pursue a smart strategy that can be sustained. In the time remaining, let me just suggest what I think should guide this approach."
Obama made seven points . . . (Read more)
- Holy Father, we pray that You will dethrone the past kingdom and break up that foundation so that there is no deception coming from the past that can overwhelm or influence the present and/or future. We bind the evil spirit of anarchy and lies under the Blood of Jesus and render this attempt powerless through the exalted Name of Jesus the Messiah.
- "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44)
6. Progressive Caucus: Trump's Cabinet is a 'Collection of Stooges' CNSNews.com
Rep. Jared Huffman (D- Calif.) says President-Elect Donald Trump's Cabinet nominations are "the greatest collection of stooges and cronies and misfits we have ever seen in a presidential administration." Huffman made the statement during a press conference held by the Congressional Progressive Caucus on Thursday.
"With only a few exceptions, the individuals that President-Elect Trump has appointed is the greatest collection of stooges and cronies and misfits we have ever seen in a presidential administration," Huffman said.
"Some of these folks only qualifications for the job they are being appointed for is that they have attempted to dismantle and undermine and destroy the very agencies that they are now hoping to run." (Read more)
- Father God, perhaps Rep. Huffman should spend his time looking at his state's situation to make California a state with fewer problems. Those appointed by President-Elect Donald Trump to serve in his Cabinet are certainly not stooges or they would not be Mr. Trump's choices. Working together in unity will make our nation stronger. Lord, we know You are the authority over all things and we ask You to silence all words and actions that are meant to divide our people. Deal with The Congressional Progressive Caucus and all others that aren't "playing well in the sandbox" to support our new administration. You have shut the mouths of lions and we ask that You shut the mouths of all evil and negative people. Bring Your peace to our nation as the Trump administration takes office soon. We ask this in Your name and by the authority given us. Amen.
- Then the messenger who had gone to call Micaiah spoke to him, saying, "Now listen, the words of the prophets with one accord encourage the king. Please, let your work be like the word of one of them, and speak encouragement." (1Kings 22:13)
7. Sen. Lankford: 'This Year, There's a Half Trillion in Overspending' - CNSNews.com
Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) says Congress will not be able to exercise its oversight responsibility regarding federal expenditures - including a half-trillion dollars in overspending this year alone - until regular order is restored and individual appropriations bills are once again debated and amended on the floor of the House and Senate.
"Until we can get our budget and the appropriations bills on the floor, we never can do really good oversight of the actual discretionary spending of the U.S. government because the appropriations process is the best place to do that," Lankford told CNSNews.com. (Read more)
- Abba, our government spending is out of control Sen. Lankford has said Congress is unable to exercise its oversight responsibility regarding federal expenditures until regular order is restored. Father, You are the only one that can bring order and restoration to our nation. Your plans for the nation are as written in Jeremiah 29. We repent of our sins against You personally and as a nation. Your children know that You are our hope. Give Your wisdom and knowledge to our Congress. We ask You to guide them as they make decisions for the USA to become a nation that is financially sound. Thank You for hearing our prayer. Amen.
- "For I know the thoughts I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)
8. Louisiana votes to send Republican John Kennedy to U.S. Senate - Fox News
Louisiana voters chose Saturday to send Republican state Treasurer John Kennedy to the U.S. Senate, filling the nation's last Senate seat and giving the GOP a 52-48 edge in the chamber when the new term begins in January. (Read more)
- Father, in this New Year, we are witnessing sweeping changes not only in the White House but also in Congress. We thank all who prayed not only for the President this past year in this election, but also those who diligently prayed over every of the 435 seats in Congress and the 100 seats in the Senate. Their prayers have truly been answered!
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
9. Ted Cruz Joins Pastors, Members Of Congress In Prayer Meeting "To Rebuke And Cut Off Satan's Power In The US Capitol!" - Christian Post
Former 2016 presidential candidate, Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz joined forces with a number of conservative pastors and members of Congress on Wednesday, November 30, to pray against Satan's power on Capitol Hill. . . Pastor Jim Garlow highlighted several photos from the event on his Facebook page depicting several members of Congress and pastors at the town hall.
"Senator Ted Cruz was eloquent as usual. He came through a bruising election - and continues to be a profound & significant voice in the Senate. Thank God for him!" wrote Garlow with a photo he posted of Cruz. U.S. Senate Chaplain Barry Black preached to participants and reportedly prophesied that a revival is about to sweep America and "it will commence . . . in the halls of Congress." (Read more)
- Hallelujah, Lord! Now we are getting somewhere on Capitol Hill! We know, from personal meetings with the Senate Chaplain over the years, that he has held this vision - of revival being birthed in the Capitol and sweeping the nation - ever since he first set foot in his office. We rejoice with Chaplain Black that that time is NOW. Amen!
- ". . . but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
10. Syria blames Israel for overnight attack on a military airbase - Times of Israel
The Israeli military fired missiles from within "occupied" territory at an important Syrian regime airbase outside Damascus overnight Tuesday, Syrian state media reported hours later.
"At 3:00 a.m., the Israeli enemy fired several surface-to-surface missiles from inside occupied territory," the state news agency SANA said, citing a military source. The report said the Israeli missiles caused a large fire but no injuries or deaths.
SANA said the missiles were fired from a position "west of Tal Abu Nada," a mountain in the Israeli Golan Heights known as Mount Avital in Israel. (Read more)
- Holy Father, it is with lethal strategy that the IDF must step to the front and defend its borders. We ask that You be their deliverer and fortress. Reveal to them where their enemy is located every time they are a threat to security of the Land of Israel. The Lord is their Helper. This position of protection to Israel is not negotiable. He will cause their ears to hear a Word behind them saying, "This is the way, now walk in it, when you turn to the right hand, and when you turn to the left." In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- God says, "I will go before you, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron." (Isaiah 45:2)
The Daily Jot
Friday, December 9, 2016
Dignity and blessing of a job
A record 95 million Americans were not in the labor force in November, about 15 million more than when the current "president" took office. These are folks who have either retired or gave up finding a job. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics some 3.6 million people had lost their jobs and those who have been jobless for 27 weeks or more stood at 1.9 million, a quarter of the unemployed. For all the rhetoric the progressives (translated communists) put on the working class, they do so little to create jobs and ensure that each citizen has the opportunity to support their family and have the dignity of economic stability. Instead, they want to control votes and psychology by having them on the government dole.
The American people repeatedly have been told that economic recessions are the fault of the free-market-that capitalist Republicans drive the economy into shambles by lowering taxes and giving businesses incentives. They call it "trickle down" economics. The sad fact is that raising taxes on businesses (which means taking away tax incentives that keep jobs in the US) and overreaching regulation puts a ceiling on the number of jobs that business can afford. Higher taxes restrict job creation and growth of the free market. Class warfare (that the rich are the demons of society) ignores that there is risk and reward for job creation-without some "rich" person creating jobs through a large corporation, many workers don't work.
Already, the Trump election has incentivized businesses to create or keep jobs here in the US. We have seen examples with Ford and Carrier. Now we are seeing examples in the steel industry, which has been depressed for decades due in part to repressive Democratic-inspired tax and regulation policies. US Steel CEO Mario Longhi told CNBC News that the American steel industry could bring back 10,000 jobs because of "future improvement to the tax laws, improvements to regulation" as a result of Trump taking office. Longhi said, "I'd be more than happy to bring back the employees we've been forced to lay off during that depressive period...There was a point in time in the past couple years that I was having to hire more lawyers to try to interpret these new regulations than I was hiring...engineers. That doesn't make any sense."
Reasonable regulation and fair taxation is a better choice than class warfare for every American. The Bible says that a worker is worth his wages. Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 3:13, "...that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God." In this country, we have strived to create a freedom where everyone who wants a job can work; where everyone has opportunity. Yes, there are those who squander their opportunities, or face more hardships than others, and still others who have little ambition. It is there freedom to do so. But when politicians extol the virtues of the working man, yet govern with policies that oppress him, they rob the worker of the blessing of enjoyment of his labor. Already, we are seeing the impact of the hope of less oppression. This hope brings with it dignity and blessing.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
"Installation" v. "Inauguration"
What's in a Word?
"Installation" v. "Inauguration"
Dear Prayer Partners,
We all know that words carry power, and that, as believers, we are exhorted to be careful of that which we speak, for our words carry special authority among men.
Indeed, in Ephesians 4:29, we are instructed as follows:
"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear."
With this exhortation in mind, we wish to call your attention to the following information:
According to the Online Etymology Dictionary, the root word for "INAUGURATION" comes from the term, AUGURY, which was a form of divination used in ancient Rome to determine the exact date (omen) that would be favorable to install a new king.
We quote several sources:
First: the word INAUGURATION:
1560s, from French inauguration "installation, consecration," and directly from Late Latin inaugurationem (nominative inauguratio) "consecration," presumably originally "installment under good omens;" noun of action from past participle stem of inaugurare "take omens from the flight of birds; consecrate or install when omens are favorable," from in- "on, in" (see in- (2)) + augurare "to act as an augur, predict" (see augur (n.)).
INAUGURATIO was in general the ceremony by which the augurs obtained, or endeavoured to obtain, the sanction of the gods to something which had been decreed by man; in particular, however, it was the ceremony by which things or persons were consecrated to the gods .... If the signs observed by the inaugurating priest were thought favourable, the decree of men had the sanction of the gods, and the inauguratio was completed. [William Smith (ed.), "Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities," 1842]
Next, the word AUGUR:
1540s, from Latin augur, a religious official in ancient Rome who foretold events by interpreting omens, perhaps originally meaning "an increase in crops enacted in ritual," in which case it probably is from Old Latin *augos (genitive *augeris) "increase," and is related to augere "increase" (see augment). The more popular theory is that it is from Latin avis "bird," because the flights, singing, and feeding of birds, along with entrails from bird sacrifices, were important objects of divination (compare auspicious). In that case, the second element would be from garrire "to talk." (Source)
Regarding the use of the term "inauguration" to refer to the events of January 20th, we realize we cannot change the entire culture on this point, nor do we wish to.
As apostolic and prophetic intercessors, however, we CAN change our own discourse. Accordingly, our own internal network has begun to describe those events as the INSTALLATION of President Trump, or as the INSTALLATION CEREMONY, the INSTALLATION PARADE, the INSTALLATION GALA, etc.
Accordingly, too, in coming days, you will note that our prayer editors will also shift their own terminology as we approach the date of this historic event.
We invite you now to join us in this SHIFT of terminology. In so doing, we can bless the installation of Donald Trump, minus the traditional, buried, hidden, secret and occult terminology that has until now wrapped itself around the mind of all incoming presidents.
Thank you all for prayerfully considering this bold move, and may we all enjoy a magnificent time of honoring the 45th President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump, as he is installed on January 20th.
Thank you all and God bless you.
Sara Ballenger, Founder and President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Breaking News of Interest
1. Threats of assassination of Trump: Fusion, the liberal news site aimed at millenials and multiculturals and created by the Spanish-language Univision network in 2013, has joined those who think toying with the idea of assassinating Donald Trump is acceptable political speech. The site posted a four-panel cartoon Thursday by Matt Bors titled, "The best case scenarios under Trump," one of which shows a plot employing Melania Trump as a Slovenian double agent being ID'd as her husband's assassin. (WND) Read more
2. Michael Moore's Prediction: Appearing Wednesday evening on "Late Night with Seth Meyers," Moore shared what he called his "prediction": "[Trump] is not president of the United States yet. He's not president, right? He's not president 'til noon on Jan. 20 of 2017. That is - what are we, Wednesday the 9th? - so that's more than six weeks away. So is it possible, that within the next six weeks, something else might happen? Something crazy. Something that we're not expecting." Moore did not elaborate on what that "something crazy" might be, but he is actively promoting efforts by groups planning to disrupt Trump's inauguration. (WND) Read more.
3. The Runner-Up Presidency: An author and columnist for Time magazine is now urging millions Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton to refuse paying their federal taxes as a way to abolish the Electoral College and have presidential elections determined by popular vote.Mark Weston, author of "The Runner-Up Presidency," published his idea in Time, stating, "The approximately 65 million Democrats who voted for Hillary Clinton should pledge that in the future if a Republican wins the presidency with fewer votes than a Democrat for the third time in our era, we won't pay taxes to the federal government. No taxation without representation!" (WND) Read more
4. #DisruptJ20: A group of leftist activists is plotting to "shut down" the inauguration of Donald Trump on Jan. 20 - forcing the president-elect to take his oath of office "behind closed doors" - "if Trump is to be inaugurated at all."The group, known as the D.C. Counter-Inaugural Welcoming Committee, or #DisruptJ20, says it calls on "all people of conscience to shut down the ceremonies." Lacy MacAuley, a spokeswoman for #DisruptJ20, told WND the group is anticipating a "massive presence in Washington, D.C., during the inauguration. (WND) Read more
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Sunday, December 11th - Saturday, December 17th
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
"There were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them." (Luke 2:8-9)
Silent night, holy night, All is calm, all is bright Round yon virgin mother and Child. Holy Infant, so tender and mild, Sleep in heavenly peace, Sleep in heavenly peace.
Silent night, holy night, Shepherds quake at the sight; Glories stream from heaven afar, Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia! Christ the Savior is born, Christ the Savior is born!
Silent night, holy night, Son of God, love's pure light; Radiant beams from Thy holy face With the dawn of redeeming grace, Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth, Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth.
Silent night, holy night Wondrous star, lend thy light; With the angels let us sing, Alleluia to our King; Christ the Savior is born, Christ the Savior is born!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Josef Mohr, 1818
Music: Franz X. Gruber, 1820
About the hymn:
This hymn's history is the source of some disagreement. The traditional story is that Mohr and Gruber wrote it in Oberndorf, Austria, on Christmas Eve when they discovered the church organ was broken (different versions say it rusted out, or mice chewed through vital parts). However, recent evidence indicates this may be only folklore. An old manuscript has reportedly been discovered that shows Franz Gruber wrote the score 2-4 years after Mohr wrote the lyrics. Whatever the truth, this carol has been a Christmas favorite for almost 200 years.
Signs and Wonders
Piercing cold will send temperatures tumbling to dangerous levels for some across the central and eastern United States next week. The impending cold shot threatens to be the most far-reaching and bone-chilling blast so far this season.
"After the first true cold shot of the year this past week, much of the northern Plains can expect a more formidable shot of arctic air again this upcoming week," AccuWeather Meteorologist Max Vido said.
"Temperatures from the northern and central Plains to much of the Midwest are likely to be 5 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit lower, on average, when compared to levels this past week," AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski said. (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
AFTER THIS JEWISH SYNAGOGUE WAS DESTROYED BY ISRAELI FIRES, THESE MUSLIMS DONATED WOOD TO REBUILD
The Masorti Foundation for Conservative Judaism in Israel put out an international call for donations to help the Moriah synagogue rebuild from the ashes after the recent week-long wildfires that raged across Israel. But it was two small, local initiatives that put the damaged synagogue into the headlines.
On November 30, a group of worshippers from all faiths attended a special prayer service for the new Hebrew month of Kislev and to show support for the rebuilding of the community.
A local member posted Facebook photos of the service. One of the photos showed 20 saplings donated by a man from Baqa al-Gharbiyye, an Arab city in the Haifa district, as a gift to replace the trees in the courtyard that had been burned in the fires. And he wasn't the only one bearing gifts.
Two Muslim tradesmen from Umm al-Fahm, another Arab town in the Haifa district, also came to the service and were greeted with great applause for their contribution of wood panels to the synagogue. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Silent Night (with lyrics)
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer:
Two other prayer ministries to note --
24/7 Prayer Continues!
You are welcome to join the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call!
> > > The 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call is taking place for 70 Days leading up to the Jan 20, 2017 Presidential Inauguration in DC.
Numerous ministries are participating. Join in any time, day or night in this continuous stream of intercession:
Our good friend, Dai Sup Han, raised up PrayerSurgeNow at the leading of our Lord, nine years ago. Ever since then, "PSN" has hosted weekly conference calls every Saturday morning from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST, with speakers who provide briefings to the Body of Christ of different topics needing prayer.
PSN also offers other opportunities now, throughout the week each week, to join with other seasoned intercessors in releasing targeted prayers for our nation.
For news of PSN's weekly agendas, please visit their website by going to: prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.