CHPP Focus on urgent headlines of the hour
Focus on urgent headlines of the hour
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Sunday, October 9, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them,
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." (John 8:7)
We are releasing this special edition of The Daily Brief in order to ask prayer for the urgent needs below.
In honor of tomorrow's federal holiday, we will not publish on Monday, but return on Tuesday. Thank you.
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Russia moves nuclear-capable missiles into Kaliningrad - Reuters
Russia has moved nuclear-capable Iskander-M missiles into the Kaliningrad enclave bordering Poland and Lithuania, the Defence Ministry said on Saturday, adding it was part of routine drills.
"These missile units have been deployed more than once (in the Kaliningrad region) ... and will be deployed as part of military training of the Russian armed forces," ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said in a statement.
A U.S. intelligence official said on Friday that Russia had started moving the Iskander-Ms into the enclave on the Baltic in what he said could be a gesture to express displeasure with NATO. (Read more)
- Father, You are God over all the earth, and have knowledge that these Russian Iskander-M missiles were deployed to Poland and Lithuania. Father, dispatch angels from heaven to surround these missiles and render them powerless and inactive. Should the Russians decide to activate them for any reason, we pray that they will suddenly see the angels and be captivated by their holy presence and fall on their faces before them, having no strength to move. We pray in Jesus' all-sufficient Name, amen.
- "Bless the Lord, you His angels, that excel in strength, that do His commandments, hearkening unto the voice of the Lord." (Psalm 103:20)
2. Russia says U.S. actions threaten its national security - Reuters
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Sunday he had detected increasing U.S. hostility towards Moscow and complained about what he said was a series of aggressive U.S. steps that threatened Russia's national security.
In an interview with Russian state TV likely to worsen already poor relations with Washington, Lavrov made it clear he blamed the Obama administration for what he described as a sharp deterioration in U.S.-Russia ties.
"We have witnessed a fundamental change of circumstances when it comes to the aggressive Russophobia that now lies at the heart of U.S. policy towards Russia," Lavrov told Russian state TV's First Channel. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, all the world powers are subject to the Lord God in heaven, and we trust that leaders of Russia and America will be held steady by Your holy hand and they not be allowed to purposely stir up strife and hatred that will draw the citizens of both countries into a stream of deceit and corruption that will ultimately destroy them. We plead for the souls of the people to be delivered out of the hands of wicked rulers and saved by the Blood of Jesus. Defend their cause, Lord. In the glorious Name of Jesus, amen.
- "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His Anointed, saying, 'Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.' He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision." (Psalm 2:1-4)
3. U.S. government officially accuses Russia of hacking campaign to interfere with elections - Washington Post
The Obama administration on Friday officially accused Russia of attempting to interfere in the 2016 elections, including by hacking the computers of the Democratic National Committee and other political organizations.
The denunciation, made by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security, came as pressure was growing from within the administration and some lawmakers to publicly name Moscow and hold it accountable for actions apparently aimed at sowing discord around the election.
"The U.S. Intelligence Community is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from U.S. persons and institutions, including from U.S. political organizations," said a joint statement from the two agencies. ". . . These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the U.S. election process." (Read more)
- God in heaven, we ask and pray that You will summon all God-fearing, and Holy Spirit filled believers, to their knees in prayer, and set every soldier of the Cross of Christ, every watchman, apostle, intercessor, preacher of the gospel, across America, to cry out with a heart of repentance to the True and Living God of the Universe, to protect the VOTES in the most important election imaginable today. We plead the Blood of Jesus, the Name of Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Name of God Himself to watch over every vote, and devour every demonic entity that would tamper with the votes and all that encompasses the votes in this election. Speak honesty and truthfulness over the votes and the voters. In the matchless Name of Jesus Christ, who is King of kings, and Lord of lords.
- "Ask of Me, and I shall give you the heathen for your inheritance; and the uttermost parts of the earth for Your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; you shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise, now therefore, O kings: be instructed, you judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling." (Psalm 2:8-11)
4. Matthew leaves 16 dead in US; 7 killed in North Carolina amid severe flooding - Fox News
As North Carolina reeled from Matthew's devastating flooding, officials announced Sunday that the storm killed at least seven people in the state, and 16 overall in the U.S.
Dozens of people -- including a woman and her small child -- had to be rescued from their cars as life-threatening flash floods surprised many in North Carolina. Rivers and creeks overflowed, driving people from their homes.
The unofficial rainfall totals were staggering: 18 inches in Wilmington, 14 inches in Fayetteville and 8 inches in Raleigh. "This is a very, very serious and deadly storm," Gov. Pat McCrory said.
Officials in Haiti said the storm killed more than 500 people when it tore across the country as a hurricane. (Read more)
- Father God, now that we are in the aftermath of this storm, we do praise You that it was not worse than it was. We lift up all who are in need of help today, as they survive and cope with this flooding in North Carolina and all up and down the southeastern coast of our nation. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in Your name, amen.
- "In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me." (Psalm 120:1)
5. Matthew's Wrath in Florida: More Than 1 Million Without Power; Widespread Flooding Reported; At Least 5 Dead - Weather.com
Hurricane Matthew, in its destructive march along the Florida coast caused widespread flooding, damage and power outages across the state. At least five people have died.
On Sunday, President Barack Obama signed a new disaster declaration for Florida, making additional federal funding and resources available to the state of Florida, to help with post-storm cleanup and recovery efforts. This comes on the heels of the president's preliminary disaster declaration before the storm.
The latest declaration makes available federal funding to state, eligible local governments and certain nonprofits on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work in eight Florida counties, according to the Miami Herald. "Those counties span the east coast from the Treasure Coast to northeast Florida - areas which felt the brunt of Matthew in the state: Brevard, Duval, Flagler, Indian River, Nassau, St. Johns, St. Lucie and Volusia," the Herald reported.
After taking an aerial tour to see the damage across the state Saturday, Florida Gov. Rick Scott said, "We are blessed, it stayed off our coast. If it had a direct impact hit, everything would be worse for our families." (Read more)
- Father, we pray, too, for those who are working now, day and night, to restore power to more than one million homes in several states. Father, help these citizens to remain safe until their power can be restored, and to have their needs met, in Your name, amen.
- "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19)
> > > Please see also:
NASA releases dramatic photos of Hurricane Matthew power outages from space - WFTV9; Orlando, FL
Millions of people were without power at the height of Hurricane Matthew, and new photos released by NASA show exactly how significant the outages were.
In three photos, taken Thursday, Friday and Saturday, you can see a large swath of the U.S. eastern coast go dark as the storm churns north.
The photos were taken by the Suomi NPP satellite using infrared imaging systems, NASA said.
Also visible in the photos were the restoration efforts, which relit areas of the outages as crews brought parts of the power grid affected by the storm back online. (Read more)
6. Hurricane Matthew's loop back to Florida would be 'unprecedented' - USA Today
After Hurricane Matthew's initial battering of the Southeast coast this week, the long-range forecast shows it looping back around toward Florida next week, potentially striking the state a second time. "While a loop back towards Florida and the Bahamas next week is not yet a sure thing, the increasing trend of our top models in that direction is a strong indication that Matthew will be around for a very long time," said Weather Underground meteorologist Jeff Masters.
"What the models are predicting with Matthew would be unprecedented if it were to make landfall," said Colorado State University meteorologist Phil Klotzbach. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that today's forecast shows Matthew instead moving out to sea. No longer a hurricane, this storm is now a mere tropical depression. Lord God, we worship You, because You are MIGHTY and, with this storm, You have shown Yourself to be MIGHTY once again. We continue to decree that this storm will NOT circle around to hit Florida twice, but will instead obey You and go out to sea. In Your name, amen.
- "They were terrified and asked each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!" (Mark 4:41)
7. New fault discovered in southern California near the San Andreas
- Fox News
Scientists' knowledge of the geology of southern California has been shaken up by the discovery of a new faultline that runs parallel to the San Andreas.
Located by the shallow, inland Salton Sea and to the west of the San Andreas fault, the new fault has been dubbed the Salton Trough Fault. (Read more)
- As we continue in repentance for our national sins, we ask our Lord to place His hand upon this newly-found fault line, causing it to be still. In His Name, amen.
- "Call upon Me, and I will answer you . . ." (Jer.33:3,a,b)
8. Trump, Pence Vow To Fight On Together After Emergence Of Damaging Tape - Fox News
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and running mate Mike Pence indicated Saturday that they would fight their election campaign to its conclusion next month, despite calls by prominent Republicans for Trump to withdraw from the race after the emergence of a damaging audio tape.
In the morning, a defiant Trump told the Wall Street Journal that there was "zero chance" that he would drop out over lewd comments he made about women in a 2005 audio tape that surfaced Friday.
"I never, ever give up," Trump told the paper. "The support I'm getting is unbelievable, because Hillary Clinton is a horribly flawed candidate." (Read more)
- Abba Father God, we continue to pray in the Spirit as we watch You guide this unusual election year. Thank You, Lord, that You are in control, amen and amen.
- "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations."
10. Evangelical leaders stick with Trump, focus on defeating Clinton - Reuters
Most evangelical leaders did not condemn Trump, and instead pointed to an urgent need to prevent Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton from winning the presidency, reshaping the Supreme Court and implementing liberal policies. (Read more)
- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
Friday, October 7, 2016
Of choices, votes, good, evil
I have been receiving hundreds of emails about various opinions on voting in this election. Many believe there is no choice in this presidential election. Some believe that it is predetermined who will win. I know that when I was working in politics, Christians were involved at the local level in choosing candidates. We had committee members and chairmen, organizations of conservatives and Christians working together to choose candidates. That doesn't appear to be the case anymore, so the moderates and moderately Christian or non-Christians are choosing the nominees. We have/had a choice, our choice was not to be involved as much as we could have been. Now we choose from another's choice.
I do not believe that the president is already chosen. I do believe that the king-makers have hedged their bets and are doing whatever they can to place their most favored person--communists and capitalists alike (although all these moneyed people are capitalists, despite their hypocritical political leanings). We must also be vigilant against voter fraud--it is a huge problem. Your choice on election day is a choice. You will vote. You may not vote. You may vote for one of the two-party candidates, or you may write in. But you will make a choice. And any choice short of voting for Donald Trump is in actuality a vote for Hillary Clinton. How you justify that choice is what will make you angry at my last statement.
Our nation is at a crossroads for all the reasons you already know. Things are going to get better or get worse by our nation's decision. I think so often Christians tend to over-analyze and use scripture to justify the way they feel or their actions. Its called isogesis. Our free will is a gift from God and He sees how we use it. Our actions determine our situation, even after much prayer and supplication. God not only gave us free will, He allows us to live out the consequences of our decisions. Maybe we blame God for too many things for which we ourselves are responsible. All choices, whether they be action or inaction, have consequences!
For me, I am not voting for the lesser of two evils. I am choosing/voting to get rid of an evil with hopes that we as a people can begin to change the godless direction of this nation. We are at a pivotal and dangerous point where if we do not stop this, we are going to suffer even greater consequences. Some will blame it on God's judgment (and to a large extent, be correct). But also, how much of these horrors we will experience are the result of our own inactions of not overcoming evil with good? As Romans 12:21 says, "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." As I see it, my vote--and I will vote-- will be a vote of good intent and faith that the Lord may use it for His good purpose. Be blessed and follow your heart as weighed in the balance of our Lord! Do what you will. I will. Hopefully, we are in the Lord's will.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Storm _You Are Not Alone
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
You can review our "Election 2016 Special Edition" by going here, published on Sept. 24, 2016.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday.
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.
A Canopy of Worship!
Join us every Saturday evening at 9:00 p.m. as we end our week
by lifting our voices unto Him in song!
All are welcome . . . including everyone!
Date: Every Saturday Night
Time: 9:00 p.m. (NOT 7:00 p.m.!)
Conference Number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
"Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations." (Psalm 100)
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.