Urgent Alert from ACLJ:
Capitol Hill Prayer PartnersThe Daily Brief:
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, October 20, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering,
for He who promised is faithful. " (Hebrews 10:23)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Islam originally recognized Jews as owners of Israel - Israel National News
In the wake of the latest UNESCO decision, Prof. Nissim Dana of the Middle Eastern Affairs Department at Ariel University discussed in an Arutz Sheva interview the early Islamic attitude towards the connection between Jerusalem and Israel and Judaism.
Dana stated that he had investigated the early Islamic sources and had even published a book on the subject entitled To Whom Does This Land Belong?: New Insights into the Koran, revealing that Islam absolutely does not have a claim on the Land of Israel - even by its own standards - as it recognizes the Jews as the owners of this country and of Jerusalem.
Nowadays, however, he explained, Muslims seem to be following the maxim 'Don't confuse us with the facts' and it is impossible to change beliefs which they have assimilated over the last few generations even by presenting them with facts from their own sources. (Read more)
2. Czech MPs slam 'hateful' UNESCO Jerusalem resolution - Times of Israel
Lawmakers in the Czech Parliament's lower house condemned this week's UNESCO resolution that denies the deep historic Jewish connection to holy sites in Jerusalem, saying it reflected a "hateful, anti-Israel" sentiment.
In a Wednesday vote, 119 of the 149 lawmakers present approved a strongly worded protest against the step, saying the resolution denies historic links between the Jews and their holy sites, discredits UNESCO and fuels anti-Semitism. Only the four members of the Communist Party voted against the motion. (Read more)
3. Israel's antiquities chief compares UNESCO to Islamic State - Times of Israel
The director of the Israel Antiquities Authority on Wednesday slammed UNESCO for its resolution on Jerusalem holy sites, comparing the UN cultural body to Islamic State jihadists.
Speaking at the opening of the new IAA headquarters in Jerusalem, director Yisrael Hasson said the resolution adopted last week and confirmed on Tuesday put the UN organization in the same league as IS jihadists who have destroyed and looted hundreds of archaeological sites in Syria and Iraq to fund their "caliphate." (Read more)
4. 200 women demand peace agreement on Israel's Lebanese border - YNET News
More than 200 women and several men took part in a rally on the Israeli side of the Israel-Lebanon border on Tuesday. The rally was organized by Women Wage Peace, a social movement working "to bring about a viable peace agreement," as their Facebook page states. The group has already organized peace rallies and marches throughout the country.
Tuesday's rally was located outside the now closed Good Fence, through which Lebanese Maronites would regularly pass into Israel for work and medical care until Israel withdrew from Southern Lebanon in 2000. Israel absorbed some 15,000 Maronites, who were predicted to have been massacred by Hezbollah on charges of collaboration with Israel were they to have stayed in Lebanon. (Read more)
5. Hamas: Israel lying about negotiations for soldiers bodies - Israel National News
Abu Obeida, the spokesman for the Hamas military wing the al-Qassam Brigade, published a message Tuesday to mark the fifth anniversary of the deal which brought home kidnapped IDF soldier Gilad Shalit. In a video Obeida claimed that Israel will be forced to pay a price for any agreement.
Hamas is still holding the bodies of two IDF soldiers who were killed during Operation Protective Edge, in addition to an Israeli citizen who accidentally wandered into Gaza. Obeida claimed that "the enemy" is deliberately avoiding the fulfillment of its commitments in order to "deceive" the Israeli public. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Russia taunts US with biggest military offensive since the Cold War - telegraph.co.uk
Russia has begun its biggest surface deployment since the end of the Cold War as it aims to effectively end the war in Syria on the eve of the US election, Nato officials warned last night. The Kremlin is sending the full might of its Northern Fleet and part of the Baltic Fleet to reinforce a final assault on the city of Aleppo in a fortnight, according to Western intelligence. The final bombardment is designed to shore up the Assad regime by wiping out rebels - paving the way for a Russian exit from the civil war.
But a senior Nato diplomat said the deployment from the Northern Fleet's base near Murmansk would herald a renewed attack in Aleppo. "They are deploying all of the Northern Fleet and much of the Baltic Fleet in the largest surface deployment since the end of the Cold War," the diplomat said. "This is not a friendly port call. In two weeks, we will see a crescendo of air attacks on Aleppo as part of Russia's strategy to declare victory there."
- Father, we speak peace to Aleppo. Deliver the people from these attacks. We pray out Your plan for Syria, and the city of Aleppo. Deliver them from their enemies and from their government.
- "Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!" declares the Lord. Therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning the shepherds who care for my people: "You have scattered my flock and have driven them away, and you have not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for your evil deeds, declares the Lord. Then I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them, and I will bring them back to their fold, and they shall be fruitful and multiply. I will set shepherds over them who will care for them, and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall any be missing, declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 23:1-4)
2. Merkel Says Putin Slapped With Blunt Language on Syria Role - Bloomberg
Russian President Vladimir Putin floated a possible extension of an Aleppo cease-fire as German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande confronted him with "blunt language" over what she described as an "inhumane" onslaught in Syria. Speaking after a meeting in Berlin, Putin said Russia would halt its bombing as long as "terrorist forces" aren't active. At a separate news conference alongside Merkel, Hollande said Putin didn't specify how long such a cease-fire might last. "We hope it's as long as possible" to allow for humanitarian aid to reach the besieged Syrian city, he said.
European foreign ministers will work on getting aid to the area, which would "at least be a first step that we haven't seen in a long time," Merkel said. "It was right to use this blunt language" in the talks with Putin because "Russia bears a clear responsibility in Syria, including exerting influence over" President Bashar al-Assad, the German leader said.
- Father, we pray for a lengthy cease-fire so humanitarian aid can reach the people. We pray for a peaceful end to the Syrian conflict.
- The righteous cry, and the LORD hears And delivers them out of all their troubles. (Psalm 34:17)
3. Ecuador says it cut off Assange's internet access over U.S. election concerns - Charlotte Observer
The Ecuadorean government acknowledged that it "temporarily restricted" internet access to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange at its embassy in London after the website published "a large quantity" of hacked material linked to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
Ecuador's foreign ministry said in a statement that while the government provided Assange asylum in the country's London embassy, it did not condone the release of campaign emails and "respects the principle of non-intervention in the internal affairs" of other countries.
"The decision to make this information public is the exclusive responsibility of the WikiLeaks organization," the foreign ministry said in a statement.
Despite its attempts to avoid the political fray, the move placed Ecuador at the center of the historic presidential campaign at a critical juncture and drawing renewed attention to WikiLeaks' near daily publication of thousands of emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee.
- Father, we thank You that You are truth, and that You reveal the truth to us through the Holy Spirit who lives in us and guides us. May we look to the Holy Spirit for discernment, guidance and truth in all this information that is being presented. If our government has pressured Ecuador in any way to restrict this information, then reveal that as well, for that suggests a cover up. Let us be wise as serpents.
- Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. (Luke 12:2)
4. Has World War 3 Already Started? - Zerohedge.com
For the first time since Hitler's Operation Barbarossa, German tanks are once again advancing on Russia's border. You probably haven't heard this extraordinary piece of news. That's because the mass media has basically ignored and obscured it. They've been busy covering far more important things. . . like transgender issues and Kim Kardashian's latest stunt. That's why you need to know about Operation Anaconda 2016.
- Father, give us discernment regarding the media and what they report. A storm seems to be brewing in Europe, and we intercede over the situation. We speak peace over Europe. We pray that nothing happens outside of Your timing and direction.
- And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. (Matthew 24:6)
5. Hundreds Of White House Staffer's Emails Get Leaked - Daily Caller
DC Leaks has given The Daily Caller exclusive access Wednesday to hundreds of emails leaked from White House advance associate Zach Leighton's personal account.
While the emails are from Leighton's Gmail, there are hundreds that involve his work. Leighton works for the White House and most of the emails are about Obama's traveling but many of the recent ones discuss planning for both Hillary and Bill Clinton.
DC Leaks has previously leaked the emails of another White House staffer Ian Mellul. They have also been responsible for leaking emails from Colin Powell and retired Air Force General Philip Breedlove. TheDC has reached out to the White House for comment regarding the recent leak. A spokesman responded, "We'll let you know if we have anything."
- Father, we pray that You give wisdom to voters as more of these leaks are revealed. We thank You that You always have a remnant of people reserved for just a time as this. We pray for a government that will rule well, and is just and fair.
- First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2) for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3) This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4) who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Final debate exposes much
The final presidential debate of this election cycle is logged and in the books. Fox News moderator Chris Wallace did a great job pushing the candidates on the issues and keeping the debate focused. Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton appeared to be on the defensive most of the night as Republican candidate Donald Trump answered his questions directly then exposed Clinton for her graft and corruption, her bad foreign policy decisions, and 30-plus years of being on the public dole without getting anything done. Trump's moment, however, was when he said he would "keep you in suspense" whether he would accept the results of the election if he thought it was rigged. This has leftists screaming.
It started with leftist in chief Clinton saying "that's horrifying." The media analysts at the end of the debate were beside themselves that a presidential candidate may not accept the results of the election and in doing so unify the country. Let's get real. The most logical reason they are collectively horrified is that contesting the election if it appears to be rigged will expose the Democratic Party's system of rigging elections. Precincts voting over 100% for a candidate, dead people, illegal aliens, felons are voting. They vote Democratic. They sway elections. Not to mention the voting machines owned by a George Soros affiliated company. Every American should be questioning the veracity and results of the election.
Let us recall the last presidential election where a candidate wouldn't accept the results. That would be Al Gore, a Democrat, who conceded then called to retract his concession. He contested the election all the way to the Supreme Court, which declared George W Bush the winner some 34 days after the election. Here we have a perfect case of how communists work-they accuse others of doing the deed they did then propagandize it as if it was the worst act of mankind. When Al Gore would not accept the results of the election, it was the leftists, including the news media, who thought the Gore challenge was the right thing to do. Imagine black robed oligarchs choosing our president. It happened.
But to another point that is lost in this frenzy-Trump said of Clinton and the election, "She's guilty of a very serious crime. She should not be allowed to run. And just in that respect, I say it is rigged." Clinton handled our nation's secrets carelessly-a crime for which many have gone to jail. The law also states that if one is found to have done this, they cannot hold a public office. After her husband Bill Clinton met with Democratic Attorney General Loretta Lynch in the back of her jet for a half an hour, the FBI, which is under Lynch's authority, said no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute Clinton. This is a travesty. The final debate exposed much. Proverbs 12:26 says, "The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray." The same should apply to leaders.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Updates from PrayerSurgeNow
Updates from PrayerSurgeNow
Dai Sup Han has welcomed all of our prayer partners to join him in these anointed prayer calls.
To view the agenda now posted for these daily, and weekly, conference calls, please go here.
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
You can review our "Election 2016 Special Edition" by going here, published on Sept. 24, 2016.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday.
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.