• The Daily Brief
• The Middle East in Focus
• The Daily Jot
• Obama Bows To Islamists
• Update: Ground Zero Mosque
• Vanderbilt U. in the News
• Hearings on Islamic Slavery
• "Prisoner of Conscience"
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Tuesday, October 25, 2011
"Occupy till I come." (Luke 19:13b)
The Daily Brief
1. U.S. likely to get second rating downgrade: Merrill - Financial Post
The United States will likely suffer the loss of its triple-A credit rating from another major rating agency by the end of this year due to concerns over the deficit, Bank of America Merrill Lynch forecasts.
- Lord, your word says to owe no one anything. We as a people and a nation have become in debt instead of being givers and lenders. We ask forgiveness of our greed and corruption, and not conducting business according to Your ways and under your guidance. Your word also says blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. We are losing our blessings because we as a nation have turned from You. You have a remnant here who are standing in the gap, repenting and asking for mercy and a turnaround in our financial situation, so that we may again bless others. Our credit rating is a reflection of our condition, and we ask for the Holy Spirit to provide leadership to get us back on the right path. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. (Romans 13:8)
2. Senators Outraged at U.S. Aiding, Banking on China - Fox News
Bipartisan group of senators criticize borrowing from China with one hand while providing aid with the other. The question is; why a nation that's competing with the U.S. economically and politically in every corner of the globe should get any money from the U.S.
- Thank you, Lord, there is a group of senators concerned about this issue. May the Holy Spirit guide them in their work. Your word instructs to put money in the bank, not borrow it. We realize many - including the government- are borrowing because they don't have the money at the time, but this brings bondage. We have not relied on You for our provision, for You are our provider. May our trust and faith in You grow - as it says on our money - in God We Trust. We have given much to other nations, and we thank you for that provision. We ask for prosperity once again for this nation. In Jesus name we ask. Amen.
- Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest. (Luke 19:23) Read more:
3. McCain raises prospect of military option in Syria - Breitbart
US Senator John McCain raised the prospect Sunday of possible armed intervention to protect civilians in Syria where a crackdown on pro-democracy protests has killed more than 3,000 people. "Now that military operations in Libya are ending, there will be renewed focus on what practical military operations might be considered to protect civilian lives in Syria," McCain told a World Economic Forum meeting in Jordan.
- Lord, we pray for guidance for Senator McCain and others on these military issues. We pray for our military and for their protection. We pray that right decisions be made regarding these issues.
- Is it not You, O God, who cast us off? And You, God, who did not go out with our armies? Give us help from trouble, for the help of man is useless. Through God we will do valiantly, For it is He who shall tread down our enemies. (Psalm 60: 10-13)
4. US pulls Ambassador Robert Ford out of Syria - Jerusalem Post
The United States has pulled its ambassador out of Syria over security concerns that have arisen during a seven-month-old popular uprising against President Bashar Assad, Western diplomats said on Monday. Robert Ford left Syria over the weekend, they told Reuters.
- Lord, as we hear and see these reports over security concerns in Syria and so many places, we pray for the leaders, ambassadors, and decision makers, those in authority, as instructed in 1 Timothy: 2:1. We pray for the fear and knowledge of the Lord to come to them. Let your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. We know there will be many trials in the last days before Your return, as You told us in Mathew 24. Holy Spirit, guide us in when, what, and how to pray. We are instructed to watch and pray and that is what we are doing. Have mercy and help us,O Lord.
- But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man. (Luke 21:34-36)
5. Vatican calls for global authority on economy, raps "idolatry of the market" - Reuters
The Vatican called on Monday for the establishment of a "global public authority" and a "central world bank" to rule over financial institutions that have become outdated and often ineffective in dealing fairly with crises. The document from the Vatican's Justice and Peace department should please the "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrators and similar movements around the world who have protested against the economic downturn.
B. Vatican Calls for New World Economic Order - Fox News
The Vatican called Monday for radical reform of the world's financial systems, including the creation of a global political authority to manage the economy.
- Father, we continue to see end time prophecy unfolding before our eyes. We trust that You are in control, and nothing will be done out of Your order. May we keep our eyes on You, and not be shaken by events that are happening.
- The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
6. Jobs plan stalled, Obama to try new economic drive - MSNBC
With his jobs plan stymied in Congress by Republican opposition, President Obama on Monday will begin a series of executive-branch actions to confront housing, education and other economic problems over the coming months, heralded by a new mantra: "We can't wait" for lawmakers to act.
- Lord Jesus have mercy on our nation. May our checks and balances remain in place in our Congress. Father, stop the Executive Branch from going about their "own business" and bypassing the legislature. We pray our leaders humble themselves and seek council before acting impulsively. Bring ideas to our leaders to solve the job crisis.
- Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers. (Proverbs 11:14)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man. He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war. He shall cry, yes, roar. He shall prevail against His enemies. (Isaiah 42:13)
1. UNESCO to recognize Palestine? - Ynet News
The Palestinian bid for statehood may have been postponed to November but the coming days may see progress for the PA's campaign. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) will open its 26th General Conference in Paris on Tuesday.
2. Israel to UN Security Council: Support for Palestinian statehood will only lead to Mideast violence - Ha'aretz
Support for the Palestinian bid for statehood in the United Nations spells instability and violence for the Middle East, Israel's UN envoy said in an address before the UN Security Council, adding that the only path to peace between Israel and the Palestinians is through direct negotiations.
3. Social activists gear up for mass rally - Ynet News
After being put on the back burner for the past few weeks, the social protest is slowly turning up the heat following the recent electricity price hike announced by Israel's government.
4. Blair: Arab Spring may endanger Mideast peace process - Ha'aretz
Arab pro-democracy uprisings spell more regional instability that could complicate peace efforts between Israel and the Palestinians but also make it necessary to get the process back on track, envoy Tony Blair said on Sunday.
5. Hezbollah chief accuses U.S. of 'exploiting' Arab Spring uprisings - Ha'aretz
Hezbollah leader Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah on Monday accused the United States of trying to exploit the Arab Spring revolts that took place in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya.
The Daily Jot
Prophetic Clock Ticks: The White House's Islamic Revolution
The man who occupies the Oval Office has claimed victory in Libya, spending about a billion dollars of taxpayer money to topple the Gadhafi regime and replace it with Islamic fundamentalism. The president also praised the people of Tunisia for holding democratic elections after yet another US-supported overthrow of a government. The Islamist party Ennahda is expected to win the most votes according to the BBC. Obama announced an end to the Iraq War, at the same time Iran is stepping up its efforts to increase its influence over the country. Additionally, tensions with Syria are mounting, after the US ambassador there was currying favor with revolutionaries against the Assad regime.
Already things in Libya are going against what was billed to the American people. Some 53 decomposing bodies were found in Gadhafi's hometown. The New York-based Human Rights Watch surmises that these people were executed by the American-supported revolutionary forces because they were supporters of Gadhafi. This is a picture of democracy Islam-style. The UK Telegraph reports "Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, the chairman of the National Transitional Council and de fact president, had already declared that Libyan laws in future would have Sharia, the Islamic code, as its "basic source". He already has reinstated polygamy and banned interest charged to Muslims by banks--all in line with Sharia.
The Jerusalem Post reports the Ennahda Party in Tunisia had been previously banned. The Ennahda is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood. While Western journalists describe the party as moderate, its leadership seeks to establish Sharia Law and has promoted terrorism with its members bombing four tourist hotels in the 1980's and calling for attacks on US interests in the Middle East for America's invasion of Iraq. The leader of Ennahda referred to Islamic banking and finance, and Islamic family law being applied in Great Britain as the example of Sharia the party wanted to establish in Tunisia. In February, Ennahda Party members converged on Jewish Synagogues shouting "Allahu akbar."
The White House is amazingly moving the prophecy clock ahead by boosting radical Islam in the name of democracy. The abrupt pullout from Iraq opens the door to Iran. The regimes in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya will be replaced by Islamic power. The White House continues to pressure Israel to cut the nation into two pieces and give up part of Jerusalem to terrorists dressed in suits. Never before in history has America so blatantly supported Islam. The prophetic clock ticks forward with each day. Zechariah 12:3 says, "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Obama Bows To Islamists
In an unbelievable bow to Islamists, The Daily Caller reports that the Obama Administration has ordered law enforcement and national security communities to "eliminate all references to Islam" in their counterterrorism training materials. The action was reportedly taken in response to complaints from CAIR and other Muslim apologists. In fact, the president of the Muslim Public Affairs Council recently published an op-ed in the Los Angeles Times demanding a "clear and unequivocal apology to the Muslim American community" from the FBI and the Justice Department.
This is more evidence of the widespread denial and political correctness that infects our elites. This is not a war or terrorism. Terrorism is a tactic of war, but a war requires an enemy. If we are fighting a war on terrorism then World War II was a war on blitzkriegs and kamikazes. It is ludicrous to refuse to identify the enemy.
There are, no doubt, many Muslims who simply want to live peaceful lives. Most Muslims are not terrorists. But there were also many Germans who were not Nazis and simply wanted to live peaceful lives. With all due respect to the moderate Muslims, the Muslims who matter most are the ones trying to kill us. And it is vital that we understand what is motivating them to "kill the infidel." (Gary Bauer)
Update: Ground Zero Mosque
Con Ed says it will evict Ground Zero mosque
Con Ed has given the Ground Zero mosque an ultimatum: Pay the $1.7 million you owe in back rent, or we'll terminate your lease and take back our property. Con Ed and mosque developer Park51 have an unusual, uneasy alliance, sharing ownership of a site slated to be one of the most controversial projects in city history.
The utility owns a former substation on the western half of the property, at 51 Park Place, and the mosque developers own a five-story building on the eastern half. The buildings were connected years ago and used to house a Burlington Coat Factory store. But the plan hit a major obstacle in August when Con Ed raised the rent from $2,750 a month, a rate set in 1972, to $47,437 a month, retroactive to July 31, 2008, The Post has learned.
When the mosque failed to fork over the $1.7 million, the utility fired off a letter demanding the money by Oct. 4 and threatening to evict. Park51 principals responded with a lawsuit to stop the increase, calling Con Ed's rent demands "outrageous." "Whether it is bowing to political pressure or seeking to retain the valuable premises for itself, Con Ed appears intent on proceeding with its wrongful termination," argued Sharif El-Gamal, the lead Park51 developer. (New York Post) [Reported by Religious Freedom Coalition] Read more.
- Dear Lord, we praise You that this decision has been made by the electric company. We ask that You would bring the conclusion of the matter with a final and permanent withdrawal of the plans for this mosque. We look to You for the preservation of our country, our culture, and our right to worship You freely.
- "O my God, I trust in thee: let not mine enemies triumph over me." (Psalms 25:2)
Vanderbilt U. in the News
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITIES ATTACK ON RELIGIOUS GROUPS
Congressman Forbes appeared on Fox News last week to discuss Vanderbilt University's treatment of Christian student groups. Forbes is the Co-Chairman of the Prayer Caucus.The university demands that Christian groups allow atheist and Muslim leaders. Several religious student organizations have been placed on "provisional status" for requiring their student leaders to share the groups' religious beliefs. The Prayer Caucus sent a letter to Vanderbilt Chancellor Nicholas Zeppos urging him to ensure that the school's nondiscrimination policy is not being interpreted in a manner that discriminates against religious student groups. Political and other student groups are allowed to select leaders who share the groups' views; religious student groups are being prohibited from doing so. Watch the interview here. (Religious Freedom Coalition)
- Father, we come against the thinking that comes into agreement with the anti-Christ spirit in our educational systems, especially at the college level. Lord, we ask that You would move on the administration to correct this injustice. We ask that help would come to the Christian groups to withstand this onslaught.
-"Hate evil, love good; Establish justice in the gate. It may be that the Lord God of hosts Will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph." (Amos 5:15 NKJV)
Hearings on Islamic Slavery
CHRIS SMITH HEARINGS ON ISLAMIC SLAVERY
Yes, there is plenty of slavery in the world today and most of it is in Islamic nations. Virtually every slave brought to the United States was sold by Islamic slave traders, and they are still at work today. Chris Smith held hearings on the Christians kidnapped in the South Sudan and forced into slavery in the Islamic north just as liberal commentator Ellen Ratner returned from there. Her report on slavery there is intriguing considering that most of her fellow Liberals can find no evil at all in Islam. (Religious Freedom Coalition)
[Please read her horrific report by going here.]
- Lord Jesus, the profound evilness of humans using other humans as 'just things', as base functioning animals to be exploited for work and convenience, has been a curse for a large part of human history. Here is a firsthand report of how this evil is being perpetuated by the same spiritual stronghold that sold America its slaves and these current slaves, their treatment is just as horrific if not worse.
Lord, forgive us that somehow this darkness continues all over the earth yet so many who claim belief in You in this nation seem oblivious to this horror. Awaken Your church, Lord, to challenge and rise up against this depravity, either participating in actions to change this, donating to support it and definitely being in prayer for You Glory, Mercy and Light to be shed into these suffering, persecuted peoples' lives. In Jesus Name, Amen and Amen!
- "But the transgressors shall be destroyed together, the future of the wicked shall be cut off." (Psalm 37:38)
"Prisoner of Conscience"
CONGRESSMAN FRANK WOLF: THE BOOK
In his new book, Prisoner of Conscience respected congressman and human and religious rights crusader Frank Wolf shows what one person can do to fight injustice and relieve suffering. In Prisoner of Conscience, Wolf shares intimate stories of his adventures from the halls of political power to other dangerous places around the world, what he has learned along the way, and what you can do as a citizen now. (Religious Freedom Coalition)
- Dear Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for the inspiration of a life 'fueled' by faith in You and Your Word, and for the message of how You through this man have been a shining 'Light' in an ever darkening world, both within Congress and around other dark places on our planet. In Jesus Name, Amen and Amen!
- "But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." (John 3:21 )
The Good News Corner:
Man Helps Rescue His Fiancée from Quake Rubble in Turkey
Eastern Turkey)-Amid the panic and the sadness that accompanies any disaster like the 7.2 earthquake that hit eastern Turkey on Sunday, there are some glimmers of light as survivor stories emerge.
One of those is of a man whose fiancée, a 25-year-old teacher named Gul Karacoban was last seen in the area where there had been a great deal of destruction.
As soon as he heard about the deadly quake, air force Lieutenant Onur Eryasar jumped into his car at his base in Van and sped to his fiancée's location, some 60 miles away in Ercis-one of the hardest hit areas.
In speaking with her friends and colleagues, Eryasar was able to track down the building where she had gone to eat lunch. Nearing the collapsed building, he began to shout her name, and was met with the distant voices of others buried under the rubble.
Eryasar told a Reuters news crew, "All I want is for her to live, I don't care if she injured or not. It doesn't matter, I just want her alive."
Alerting rescue workers, they began to dig and late on Monday morning, Eryasar was delighted to see his betrothed beloved alive and conscious-one of those rescued from the debris. (Reuters)
[Reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Worship with Us Today!
"I AM THE GOD THAT HEALETH THEE"
"If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in HIs sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. I am the Lord who heals you." (Exodus 15:26)