· The Daily Brief
· The Middle East in Focus
· Pray for the Persecuted Church
· The Daily Jot: Bristol Palin
· The Daily Jot: More News
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, September 2, 2008
"Turn Your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me." (Psalm 31:2)
The Daily Brief
1. US welcomes Europeans in Russia-Georgia dispute - AP
The United States welcomed Europe's involvement in the Russia-Georgia dispute as laid out Monday in decisions by European Union leaders in an extraordinary summit meeting at Brussels. In Brussels, French President Nicolas Sarkozy, current head of the European Union, said he would lead an EU delegation to Moscow next Monday for talks on the crisis. "We have to re-examine our partnership with Russia," Sarkozy said.
· Thank You Lord, for answering our prayers to wake up Europeans and especially President Sarkozy about this situation. Give them Your wisdom, favor, and speed to broker a lasting peace between Russia and Georgia.
· When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him . . . A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. (Proverbs 16:7, 9)
2. McCain Suspends Most GOP Convention Programming - Fox News
The Republican National Convention has suspended all but the most necessary activities to constitute a convention Monday, and then will adjourn until further notice, John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, announced Sunday. The only critical activities of the convention are its constitution through the gaveling in of the opening session, certification of the Republican National Committee delegates and the nomination of both McCain for president and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as vice president. In order to hold the convention, a quorum - or 50 percent plus one of the delegates - needs to be present.
· Lord, as these conventions are taking place, we pray that voters will pay attention to who the candidates are and what are the issues they support. Let our nation only elect officials that honor You and Your laws.
· And they shall rebuild the old ruins, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the ruined cities, the desolations of many generations. But you shall be named the priests of the Lord, they shall call you the servants of our God. You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory you shall boast. (Isaiah 61:4, 6)
3. Adult stem cells proving effective . . . again - AP
"It looks like this particular adult stem cell has the potential to perhaps grow other tissue types as well -- like heart tissue, lung tissue, [and] brain tissue," Prentice suggests. He believes it is even more evidence that research using stem cells from human embryos is wrong, as well as scientifically unproductive. "It's the adult stem cells that are really helping patients," he contends. According to Prentice, scientists who use embryonic stem cells are "really just after taxpayer funds for science fair experiments."
· Heavenly Father, from the moment of conception until natural death, You have appointed and numbered our days; we are made in Your image. Let our nation honor You by honoring our unborn and supporting life.
· Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! (Psalms 139:16, 17)
4. Emergency officials credit Gustav evacuation - AP
Federal emergency management officials expressed cautious optimism Monday that preparation efforts for Hurricane Gustav helped avert the casualties seen in Hurricane Katrina three years ago. In addition to Gustav, FEMA is also dealing with Hurricane Hanna, more than a dozen major wildfires across the country, flooding in eastern and northern Florida and heavy precipitation predicted later this week over the panhandle and southern coast of Alaska.
· We thank You, Lord that our government has learned valuable lessons from the Hurricane Katrina debacle. As we come to these other crisis in our nation, let us all turn to You for Your wisdom and direction.
· The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)
5. Spring's Economic Rebound Unlikely to Last - AP
The economy pulled out of a dangerous rough patch in the spring, thanks largely to strong exports, but the rebound isn't expected to last. For months, housing, credit and financial troubles have hammered the economy. In turn, employers have clamped down on hiring, driving the nation's unemployment rate up to 5.7 percent in July, a four-year high.
· As we struggle with high gas prices, foreclosures, no insurance, and a bad economy, let us remember that it is You, Lord, that will see us through these trying times and provide for all our needs. We need to run to You.
· God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea . . . (Psalms 46:1- 3)
6. Hurricane Hanna could hit US southeast - AP
Hurricane Hanna lingered Monday over the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos islands on a path that could hit the southeastern U.S. coast by midweek, while Tropical Storm Ike, and still another weather pattern behind it, raised the possibility of more havoc to come. Ike was hot on Hanna's tail, still about 1,400 miles out in the Atlantic Ocean, but expected to become a hurricane in the next 36 hours as it too approaches the Bahamas. And just leaving the coast of Africa was still another weather pattern that forecasters expect to become a tropical storm.
· Lord, just as we fast to take our eyes off the things of this world, let us also go deeper to understand why we are seeing 100 year floods and hurricanes just a few years apart. Let us repent of our sins and correct our lives.
· . . . If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
7. Rice, in Israel, Criticizes Surge in Settlement Construction
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, in Jerusalem on a short visit to help Israeli and Palestinian leaders in their negotiations, said when asked about the report that she had told Israeli officials that such building did not advance the cause of peace. Standing with the Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, in Ramallah after their meeting, Ms. Rice said that "God willing," and with the hard work of the negotiators, the two-state goal could still be attained before year's end.
· Lord, we repent that this administration that is so bent on going through with these negotiations to create a "two-state solution" in Israel. Quickly, before any more crises hit us, let Your prophets give Your message to them about the division of Israel and the consequences of doing so! And let them receive it!
· "Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper." (2 Chronicles 20:20)
8. With Palin On the Ticket, Evangelicals Are Energized - Washington Post
Outside his evangelical church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on Sunday, David Chung was mobbed by friends and church members suddenly excited about the Republican ticket. "I had half a dozen people come up to me," said Chung, a delegate to the Republican National Convention. "It's a night-and-day change."
· We offer praise to our LORD for causing Senator John McCain to choose Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate for this election. Her lifestyle IS her witness and her testimony for Christ; may MANY follow in her footsteps!
· "As for me and my house, we shall serve the LORD." (Joshua 1:9)
9. Sarah Palin's Teen Daughter is Pregnant - CNS News
Sen. John McCain "absolutely" knew that Gov. Sarah Palin's 17-year-old daughter was pregnant before he announced Palin as his running mate, McCain adviser Carly Fiorina told Fox News on Monday.b) US elections: Laura Bush defends Sarah Palin against sexist attacks - London TelegraphThe First Lady said that supporters of Barack Obama would risk charges of sexism if they continue to launch personal attacks on Mrs Palin.
· The LORD can use our testimonies, even -- and especially -- in the midst of our infirmities. Offer praise to Him that Bristol IS choosing to HAVE this baby (rather than abort it); that her family will give her and her new husband all the support they will need to raise this new grandchild; and that Senator McCain is sticking by his guns in standing alongside his vice-presidential candidate. Praise God!
· "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: "O Lord, the hope of Israel; all who forsake You will be put to shame." (Jeremiah 17:13)
1. Israeli-Syrian peace talks postponed - Jerusalem Post
French President Nicolas Sarkozy is scheduled to visit Damascus on Wednesday, a trip Israel had an indirect role in making possible because of its indirect talks with Syria, at a time when - ironically - the Israel-Syria track seems frozen.
2. 'J'lem has agreed to release Barghouti' - Jerusalem Post
The Israeli government has informed the Palestinian Authority that it has no objections to the release of jailed Fatah operative Marwan Barghouti, a senior PA official in Ramallah said over the weekend.
3. Report: Israel ready to evacuate Ghajar, Shebaa Farms - Ynet News
According to Lebanese reports quoted by Arab media outlets Tuesday, Israel is willing to withdraw from the northern part of the disputed village of Ghajar and Shebaa Farms located on the international border between Lebanon and the Golan Heights.
Pray for the Persecuted Church
Prayers for the Persecuted Church This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: "May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; may the name of the God of Jacob defend you." (Psalm 20:1)
1. China's Own 'Billy Graham' Released From Prison
One of China's most outspoken evangelists, Pastor Zhang 'Bike' Mingxuan, was free Sunday, August 31, after he and his wife were released from detention by Chinese security officials, representatives said. Added: Sep 1st, 2008 5:02 AM Share your opinion!
2. Laos Forcing Christians To Renounce Faith
Authorities in Laos have ordered families of three detained Christians in Savannakhet province to sign documents renouncing their faith in Jesus Christ, rights investigators said Thursday, August 28.
3. India: Maoists Say They Killed Hindu Leader
A Maoist group today claimed responsibility for killing Hindu extremist leader Laxmanananda Saraswati and four of his disciples in Orissa state on August 23, saying that fanatical Hindus' claims that Christians murdered him were "lies."
4. China Releases American Pastor; Chinese Bishop Detained
An American pastor who disappeared after being detained by Chinese authorities for his involvement in human rights protests has arrived in the United States, but a key Chinese bishop leader has been detained, his friends and representatives said Tuesday, August 26.Eddie Perez Romero had not been heard of since being taken away in a car from Tiananmen Square on Sunday, August 25, after he came out of hiding and presented himself for arrest to authorities. He had been searched since redecorating two Beijing hotel rooms with human rights slogans prior to the Beijing Olympic Games.However the Cardinal Kung Foundation said Roman Catholic Bishop of Zhengding, Julius Jia Zhiguo, has been arrested for the twelfth time by Chinese authorities. The reason for his arrest, which took place on Sunday August 24, was not immediately known but was believed to be linked to his Christian activities.
The Daily Jot: Bristol Palin
The Issue of Sarah Palin's Daughter Shows The True Compassion of the Obama Campaign and its Mouthpieces
The true colors of the compassionate liberal are now revealed by the liberal media and socialists who are publicly picking on Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sara Palin's 17 year old daughter who is pregnant out of wedlock. . .
Now the attack dogs for the Obama-Biden campaign are exploiting the story of Sarah Palin's minor daughter being five months pregnant. They have posted unflattering pictures of this high school senior and have characterized her boyfriend as a "redneck" hockey player over all the media. First, they were actually posting stories that Sarah Palin's youngest son was born of her daughter and that Sarah had faked the pregnancy to save her daughter's reputation. Its one thing to scrutinize an elected official who is an adult and should know better to lie about putting sex before his job as Commander in Chief. Its quite another to attack a child that has made a mistake.
Sarah Palin's public response was classic. She said, "Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows that she has our unconditional love and support. Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates."
This group of socialists who are the mouthpieces for the Obama-Biden campaign have proven they care nothing about family, children or respecting the privacy of minors. Never mind that their political agenda supports educating children as young as elementary school on how to have sex; never mind that they believe the only consequences to unsafe sex are a Planned Parenthood abortion or a government funded AIDS program; never mind the double standard of dredging up sins of the past on others, but saying that what happened in the past doesn't matter when the tables are turned. 1 Timothy 6:11 says, "But you, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness."
By Bill Wilson
The Daily Jot
September 2, 2008
· Prayer Request from CHPP:Senator Obama is correct: the lives of candidates' children must be off limits to public view.Lift up a SHIELD OF PRAYER around the family of Sarah Palin as they confront the "powers of darkness" in this hour. Pray, asking forgiveness of their enemies, for those enemies (according to our Lord) "know not what they do." Pray!
· "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)
"Whatsoever ye bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 18:18)
The Daily Jot: More News
The Prophetic Connection between Obama, Russia, Islam, Rice, Gustav, and Jerusalem
While Democratic Presidential nominee B. Hussein Obama is promising change if he is elected, there is change aplenty on the world stage moving at the speed of prophecy. Russia chose the very same day as the Democrats finished their nomination of Obama to announce the successful testing of a new nuclear missile capable of evading missile defense systems and having a range of over 6,000 miles. At the same time Iran announced it now has some 4,000 centrifuges enriching bomb grade uranium. This comes on the heels of announcements that Russia will expand its Mediterranean naval fleet in the Syrian port of Tartus and a new military protection agreement between Russia and Syria.
All the while, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has been shuffling between the Israeli government and the terrorist regime called the Palestinian Authority to pressure both sides to divide the holy city of Jerusalem between them. And similar to when the Bush Administration was pressuring Israel to give up Gaza to the terrorists in August 2005, another Katrina- like storm, Gustav, is threatening the gulf coast. Republican officials are considering delaying the start of the Republican national convention because it wouldn't look good to be holding a convention while thousands are fleeing for their lives in New Orleans.
The world appears to have escalated from a certain level of instability caused by Islamic aggression to an exponentially higher level of instability in recent days. And while most people would stand in amazement at the turn of events, they likely would not connect them together. For example, the Democrats are nominating a man for president that Russia and Islam know will not challenge their evil advance. They are sending clear messages to the world that they do not respect Obama as a strong leader, or at least for the Islamic world, they believe Obama is one of them. Another example is a Republican Administration once again pressuring Israel to cut into pieces the holy city of Jerusalem--something Obama also supports.
The Lord says through Zechariah the prophet, "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." Neither the Democratic leadership, whose view of God is seriously flawed, nor the Republican leadership, who claim they know God, understand God or prophecy. If they did they would know that winning the presidency with whatever man they can make the most popular is not right. Proverbs 14:34 says, "Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." Leaders that do not align with the word of God because of ignorance or will shall bring reproach to this nation.
By Bill Wilson
The Daily Jot
August 29, 2008