This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Who formed the mountains by Your power, having armed Yourself with strength, Who stilled the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, and the turmoil of the nations." (Psalm 65:6-7)
1. Olmert: Israel Will Have To Surrender Golan For Peace With Syria - All Headline News
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Monday that Israel will have no choice but to part with the Golan Heights if it ever wants peace with neighboring Syria.
• Oh Lord, may Israel be deceived no longer! May the Golan Heights, that so many Israeli soldiers gave their lives for, remain a vital part of Israel! May the hearts of Israeli leadership and any outside counsel like "The Quartet," be softened to You. Please grant Israel godly leadership and counsel, and may the Israelis love You and nurture the land that You gave to them. • We read in Deuteronomy that love and obedience to Yaweh are rewarded. Please see Deuteronomy 11: 13, 14, 16, 17 NKJV.
2. IDF gets a new chief - Jerusalem Newswire (JNW)
Lt.-Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi became the 19th Israel Defense Forces chief of staff on Wednesday, replacing outgoing chief Dan Halutz.
3. Syrians claim to be holding IDF soldier - JNW
A largely unknown Syrian terror group released a statement on Tuesday claiming to be holding an IDF soldier who went missing on the Golan Heights ten years ago.
4. Egyptian MP: We should nuke Israel - JNW
A prominent Egyptian lawmaker on Monday suggested the Muslim world destroy Israel in a nuclear holocaust in order to halt renovation work outside Jerusalem's Temple Mount.
5. Sanctions won't prevent Iran nukes - EU- JNW
A memo circulated among EU officials on Monday noted that a toothless financial embargo is not going to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.