Special Conference Call Tomorrow
for Supreme Court Case. For details,
please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, December 4, 2017
"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him." (Psalm 62:5)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
IF YOU LIVE IN THE STATE OF DELAWARE!
(see below . . . )
Week One: Advent . . . HOPE
Christmas at the White House
Christmas at the White House: Part One
President Trump Lights the Christmas Tree
Last Thursday evening (November 30th), at sundown, President Donald Trump lit the National Christmas Tree, along with First Lady Melania Trump.
During his ten-minute speech, the President named GOD by name three times. His speech honored our Savior on his traditional birthday, and brought a blessing to our nation.
To watch this ceremony, and see this spectacular tree for yourself, please go here.
The National Christmas tree is located on the Ellipse, just south of the White House on Constitution Avenue in Washington, D.C.
Focus on Israel
1. Trump will recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital in Wednesday speech -- report - Times of Israel
Defying longstanding American policy, US President Donald Trump will give a speech Wednesday recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital, according to an Axios report on Friday.
A White House spokesman, contacted by The Times of Israel on Friday afternoon, would not confirm the story. "The president has always said it is a matter of when, not if," the official said. "The president is still considering options and we have nothing to announce." (Read more)
See also: US State Department Beefs Up Security Ahead Of Trump's Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel's Capital - Now the End Begins
- Abba, we know that Jerusalem is special to You. We know that Jerusalem belongs to Israel. We ask You to give wisdom and clarity to President Trump regarding announcing publicly that Jerusalem is Israel's capital. We pray that he would seek You sincerely. We pray that President Trump would hear Your voice and be obedient to You. We ask that You silence the voice of the enemy and all negative influences so that he only hear You. We pray in the mighty name of Yeshua, amen.
- "Thus declares the Lord who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him, "Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah. It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. In that day," declares the Lord, "I will strike every horse with bewilderment and his rider with madness. But I will watch over the house of Judah, while I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness. Then the clans of Judah will say in their hearts, 'A strong support for us are the inhabitants of Jerusalem through the Lord of hosts, their God.'" (Zech. 12:1-6)
2. IS Chief Al-Baghdadi Orders Militants to Reorganize in Southern Libya - Bas News
The leader of Islamic State (IS) organization Abu Baker al-Baghdadi had ordered his militants to resort to southern Libya after they were defeated in Iraq and Syria. In his letters to the IS leaders in Libya, which have been revealed recently, Baghdadi instructs them to use the rugged areas in south of Libya for reorganizing the militants fleeing from Iraq and Syria, Asharq Al-Awsat reported on Thursday. The IS chief has also ordered his followers to target Egypt, Tunisia and Algeria.
"Asharq Al-Awsat has seen documents seized from the headquarters of the IS in different parts of Libya, including letters from al-Baghdadi to 13 of his top aides in Libya, some of which date back to the end of last year, and a few weeks later," the source said. These documents are kept by the Libyan authorities, it said. In one of his letters, al-Baghdadi admitted the defeats of the organization in Iraq and Syria, calling on his aides to seek to compensate these defeats by going to the south of Libya. (Read more)
- Father, we pray the Islamic State will not be able to establish a foothold in Libya. Help the government and territorial leaders work together to counter this threat and give the Islamic State no rest.
- The remnant of their army was so badly scattered that no two of them were left together. (1 Samuel 11:11)
3. Egypt mosque attack: Sisi gives military three months to secure Sinai - BBC
Egypt's president has told the military to restore "security and stability" to the Sinai peninsula within three months, after an attack on a mosque there on Friday left 305 people dead. At a televised ceremony on Wednesday marking the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad, Mr Sisi told military Chief of Staff Gen Mohammed Farid Hegazy that he wanted to make a commitment to the Egyptian people on his behalf. "You are responsible for restoring security and stability in Sinai, along with the ministry of the interior, within three months," he said. "Within three months Egypt, with the help of God Almighty and with your efforts and sacrifices along with the civil police, will restore stability and security in Sinai," he added. "All brute force will be used. All brute force."
Citing witnesses and survivors, Egypt's chief public prosecutor said that about 25 to 30 men armed with automatic rifles and carrying a black IS banner arrived in several 4x4s and took up positions outside the mosque during midday prayers. They detonated a bomb inside the crowded building and then opened fire on worshippers as they attempted to flee. The gunmen also shot at ambulances and set fires to cars to block roads. When the shooting finally stopped, 305 people, including 27 children, were dead. It is believed the mosque was targeted because Sufis worshiped there. Jihadists consider the mystical form of Islam to be heretical. (Read more)
- Father, we pray General Hegazy will be successful in eliminating the terrorist camps in the Sinai Peninsula. Give him the wisdom he needs to bring safety and security to the Egyptian people.
- Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered, and let those who hate Him flee before Him. The earth quaked; the heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God; Sinai itself quaked at the presence of God, the God of Israel. (Psalm 68:1, 8)
4. Iraq's Kurds Feel Abandoned by US as Dreams of Freedom Dashed - CBN News
In September, Iraqi Kurds voted overwhelmingly for independence from the Baghdad government. Then it seemed the world, including the U.S., abandoned them. Now, their dream of freedom has turned into disappointment. Just days after 90 percent of Iraqi Kurds voted for independence, the Baghdad government shut down their only two international airports. Then the Iraqi army, backed by Iranian militia, struck another blow by taking over the disputed oil-rich province of Kirkuk. Middle East analyst Jonathan Spyer explained Iran was the power behind that military campaign.
Some Kurds criticize the U.S. for opposing their independence and blame the West for basically abandoning them although the Kurds proved to be a key ally in the fight against ISIS. "America and Europe were very disloyal because they made the Kurds fight ISIS instead of fighting them themselves. They turned their back on us. We lost all our faith in the United States, in Europe, in everyone," said Hidyat Shikhani, a Kurdish citizen. One of the few nations to stand with the Kurds is Israel. But some experts believe how the U.S. - the world's superpower - responds may well determine the future of the Kurdish people. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the Kurdish people to experience enlightenment - for Your Son to be revealed to them. He is the only Savior they will ever need so we pray they come know Him as their Champion.
We also sever the Gordian knot that has had these dear people so entangled, for no seeming way out. We thank You, Abba, that You WILL make a way for them, in Your name, amen.
- But the Lord is with me like a dread champion; therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed, with an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten. (Jeremiah 20:11)
5. IDF strikes Iranian base near Damascus, Arab media reports - World Israel News
Israel fired several air-to-surface missiles at a military post near the Syrian capital of Damascus early on Saturday, causing material damage but no casualties, Syria's state-run news agency SANA reported. The airstrike came as violence resumed in the Damascus suburbs after days of calm while the government and opposition delegations attended peace talks in Geneva. (Read more)
6. After reported Israeli strike, PMO issues video of Netanyahu warning to Iran - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned in a video clip published Saturday night that Israel would not tolerate an Iranian military presence in Syria - hours after Arab media reports said Israel carried out strikes on an Iranian military facility near Damascus.
The video was recorded Thursday, before the alleged strike, and is set to air in full on Sunday at the Brookings Institution's annual Saban Forum in Washington, DC. But the Prime Minister's Office saw fit to put out the short clip relating to Iranian presence in Syria on Saturday evening. (Read more)
7. Netanyahu: When Iran regime falls, Israel will be first to restore ties -Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says "one day the Iranian regime will fall" and "Israel will be the first in line to restore relations" with the country.
The prime minister is addressing the Saban Forum in Washington, DC, in a pre-recorded video message. He urges US policymakers to rally behind the "opportunity" presented by US President Donald Trump to fix the "flaws" of the nuclear deal. And Netanyahu says he's optimistic about the future, predicting that in 50 to 100 years, Israel will be embraced openly by its Arab neighbors. (Read more)
8. Assad Offers Israel 25-Mile Buffer Zone on Syrian Border for promises that Israeli military will not overthrow Syrian government - Jews News
During Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's surprise visit to Russia last week, Assad relayed a message to Israel via Moscow that Damascus would be willing to implement a 25-mile buffer zone along the Jewish state's border with Syria, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida reported Sunday.
The condition for the buffer zone's implementation, the outlet reported, was that Israel must not seek Assad's removal from power. Assad also purportedly stated that he would be willing to explore establishing autonomy for Syria's Kurds and Druze as part of an agreement that would maintain the current Syrian administration. (Read more)
9. Coalition head and close PM ally questioned in corruption probe - Israel Hayom
Coalition Chairman MK David Bitan was questioned by the Israel Police on Sunday in connection with an ongoing corruption investigation involving the Rishon Lezion municipality. Bitan is suspected of money laundering, accepting bribes, fraud and breach of trust.
Major Crimes Unit investigators on Sunday also detained 17 other suspects in the case, including senior city officials, two parliamentary assistants and a known crime boss.
Bitan is a person of interest in the case over his tenure as deputy mayor of Rishon Lezion between 2005 and 2010.
Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein has been appraised that Bitan was detained in the case. (Read more)
10. ALERT!! UN votes 151-6 against Israel, an 'occupying power' with no rights to Jerusalem - United With Israel
The United Nations General Assembly in New York passed six resolutions on Thursday affirming Palestinian rights and condemning Israeli violations of international law, Middle East Monitor reported. According to one resolution ('Jerusalem'), "the Assembly reiterated that any actions by Israel, the occupying Power, to impose its laws, jurisdiction and administration on the Holy City of Jerusalem were illegal and therefore null and void." This resolution was adopted by 151 votes in favor to 6 against (Canada, Federated States of Micronesia, Israel, Marshall Islands, Nauru, United States), with 9 abstentions (Australia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Honduras, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, South Sudan, Togo), the Monitor said. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. After victorious Senate vote, GOP leaders confident about tax reform, avoiding shutdown - Fox News
Senate Republican leaders on Sunday touted a GOP-led Congress perhaps finally in sync and ready to hit two key deadlines -- approving a spending bill to keep the government from shutting down after Friday and the House and Senate agreeing on landmark tax-reform legislation by Christmas.
"We're not that far apart," Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Republican Policy Committee," told "Fox News Sunday" about the chambers' separate tax overhaul measures.
House and Senate lawmakers return to Capitol Hill on Monday to begin working on a compromise bill -- just two days after GOP senators narrowly approved their chamber's plan on a 51-to-49 vote. The House, which has a larger Republican majority, approved its version last month. (Read more)
- Father, we continue to lift up this bill as it moves today into conference committee, where the language of the House and Senate versions can be merged into one new tax reform package. We ask for strength, energy, wisdom and insight to rest upon these members as they take the next and final step towards passage in Congress. Amen.
- "I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight . . ." (Isaiah 45:2)
2. Holder, Comey fight Trump's FBI slam: 'Not letting this go' - Fox News
ormer Attorney General Eric Holder and ex-FBI Director James Comey fired back Sunday at President Trump, who claimed the FBI's reputation is in "tatters" after its handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation. "Nope. Not letting this go. The FBI's reputation is not in 'tatters,'" Holder, who served as attorney general under President Obama, tweeted. "It's composed of the same dedicated men and women who have always worked there and who do a great, apolitical job." Holder added, "You'll find integrity and honesty at FBI headquarters and not at 1600 Penn Ave right now," referring to the White House. Trump earlier Sunday said that "after years of Comey, with the phony and dishonest Clinton investigation (and more), running the FBI, its reputation is in Tatters - worst in history! But fear not, we will bring it back to greatness." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that You have placed a man in the Oval Office who is a fighter, and who will not give up until all the evidence has come to light, and truth prevails. We ask continued strength, grace, wisdom and insight to rest upon President Trump as he works to make America great again. Amen.
- "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8)
3. Trump court pick Kyle Duncan is the Neil Gorsuch of Louisiana - The Hill
President Trump has consistently nominated men and women with diamond-studded legal resumes and rock-solid commitments to the rule of law rather than rule of judges. Conservatives and Republicans are united in their high praise for the president's inspired picks for the Supreme Court and federal courts of appeal.
Indeed, it's not too much to say that Kyle Duncan, Trump's pick for the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and whom I know personally and professionally, is the Neil Gorsuch of Louisiana. Not only do they both come with prodigious academic and legal resumes, but they also share a judicial philosophy. They believe that judges must follow our laws and the Constitution - and not base decisions on their own moral preferences or policy positions. They are both keen on protecting religious freedom within the confines of our Constitution. In addition, Duncan and Gorsuch have that gift of being able to boil complex legal issues down to the basics, and explain in terms the general public can appreciate. It's time for the Senate to give Duncan a hearing and an up-or-down vote on the Senate floor. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, we thank You that President Trump has picked such well qualified candidates to fill the many judicial vacancies open. We pray that You will work to remove the blockages that are holding these candidates back from being quickly approved. Father, we pray for more and more right-minded, capable men and women be placed in these important positions.
- "The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psalms 37:30)
4. U.S. Third-Quarter Growth Revised to Three-Year High of 3.3% - Bloomberg
The latest results for GDP, the value of all goods and services produced, show the economy withstood major hurricanes to reach a more solid footing as it entered the final stretch of the year, thanks to stronger business spending that's helping cushion a softer pace of consumption. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said Wednesday, just before the GDP report, that the expansion is "increasingly broad based across sectors as well as across much of the global economy."
While the revised growth rate is in line with President Donald Trump's goal, economists generally see such a pace as unsustainable and expect growth to slow sometime in 2018. Trump and congressional Republicans are pushing a tax-cut plan with the aim of lifting GDP gains to 3 percent annually, though analysts expect any economic boost to be modest, on balance, if the proposal becomes law. Consumer spending, which accounts for about 70 percent of the economy, continues to be the main driver of growth, though revisions showed it was slightly weaker than previously estimated on purchases of both durable and nondurable goods. (Read more)
- Thank you, Father, for these great figures. We are so encouraged to see these results as we pray for our new president who is surely making America great again, amen.
- "Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
5. The Soros District Attorney-Buying Binge - FrontPageMag
Left-wing currency manipulator George Soros's push to radically reshape the judiciary and elect extremist district attorneys across the country to weaken law enforcement and protect lawless sanctuary cities is bearing fruit. Soros has been pouring money into local elections because he supports local efforts to resist U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and wants to cripple police in order to advance the neo-Marxist abstraction known as social justice that simplistically breaks the world down into race, class, and sex or gender.
Getting people who share Soros's worldview into public office at every level is key to promoting his ugly vision of how America, which he calls "the main obstacle to a stable and just world order," should look. According to a Daily Signal analysis, in the 2016 election cycle Soros shelled out almost $11 million in 12 DA races. Democrat candidates backed by Soros ended up winning in 10 of those dozen contests. Soros has also funded district attorney candidates in Florida, Illinois, Mississippi, Louisiana, and New Mexico. Soros's plans for sweeping local district attorney races in 2018 was discussed last Friday at the four-day meeting of the super-rich leftists of the Democracy Alliance at upscale La Costa Resort in Carlsbad, Calif. The Democracy Alliance, which Soros co-founded, is a donors' collaborative whose members secretly fund left-wing political infrastructure projects, such as think tanks, leadership institutes, and activist groups. (Read more)
- Lord, George Soros has a lot of money that he is using for evil against You and everything that our national pledge states, " . . .one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." We pray that George Soros will come to repentance. Let the scales fall from his eyes so he can see You clearly to turn to Your ways and plans for his life. If he doesn't choose You deal with him as You will. In the name of Jesus. The name above all names!
- "Wisdom is in the sight of him who has understanding, But the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth." (Proverbs 17:24)
6. Why Roy Moore Matters - Buchanan.org
Why would Christian conservatives in good conscience go to the polls Dec. 12 and vote for Judge Roy Moore, despite the charges of sexual misconduct with teenagers leveled against him? Answer: That Alabama Senate race could determine whether Roe v. Wade is overturned. The lives of millions of unborn may be the stakes.
Republicans now hold 52 Senate seats. If Democrats pick up the Alabama seat, they need only two more to recapture the Senate, and with it the power to kill any conservative court nominee, as they killed Robert Bork. Today, the GOP, holding Congress and the White House, has a narrow path to capture the Third Branch, the Supreme Court, and to dominate the federal courts for a decade. (Read more)
- Father, Judge Roy Moore made his stand for all to see that he is a Christian when he refused the removal of the Ten Commandments from his courtroom. Bless this man as he is innocent of any misconduct. As the December 12 Alabama Senate elections approach, let every voter be led by the Holy Spirit to guide their vote. Your way is the only way to keep conservatives in control of the Senate. Thank You for guiding this election.
- " . . . because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead." (Acts 17:31)
7. Terry McAuliffe And Tony Rodham Sued Over Green Card Investment 'Scam' - Daily Caller
A group of Chinese investors is suing Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe and the brother of Hillary Clinton, saying they were defrauded of $17 million in a cash-for-green card "scam." The investors filed suit in Fairfax Co., Va. circuit court last week, Politico first reported. The suit alleges that McAuliffe and Clinton's youngest brother, Anthony Rodham, "exploited" the 32 investors by promising to "leverage . . . political connections" to ensure that their visa applications "will get to the top of the pile, and then be approved."
The green cards were to be granted as part of the federal government's EB-5 visa program. The program grants legal immigration status to foreign nationals who invest at least $500,000 in American companies. Companies must meet certain criteria regarding job creation in order for their investors to qualify for immigration benefits. The 32 Chinese investors say they paid $560,000 apiece in 2012 and 2013 to invest in GreenTech, an electric car company controlled by McAuliffe and Rodham. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that if McAuliffe and Rodham defrauded the Chinese then they should be held accountable. Reveal the truth and bring to light what actually took place.
- "Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be full of gravel." (Proverbs 20:17)
8. The Air Force admits the Texas church shooter was 'not an isolated incident' - and it's investigating 60,000 cases that could be similar - Business Insider
An Air Force review has found that the branch failed to report "several dozen" service members found guilty of violent offenses to the federal gun background check database, with representatives of the service telling the New York Times that the reporting failure that allowed disgraced airman Devin Patrick Kelley to purchase the firearms he used to murder 26 parishioners in a Sutherland Springs, Texas, church on Nov. 5 "was not an isolated incident."
In the immediate aftermath of the mass shooting, the Department of Defense determined that Kelley's 2012 court-martial conviction for beating his wife and infant son should have disqualified him from purchasing firearms, but he was not reported to the FBI for inclusion in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), the database for firearms-related background checks for private dealers and state outlets. The Air Force review found that since 2002, a whopping 60,000 incidents involving airmen that "potentially" merited inclusion in NICS went unaddressed, according to the New York Times.
Under federal law, anyone dishonorably discharged from the armed forces is prohibited from possessing or receiving firearms or ammo transported across state lines. The 1996 Lautenberg amendment that extends that prohibition to military personnel with domestic violence convictions. (Read more)
- Father, we see this is the season of You revealing those things that are displeasing to you and the laxity of the Air Force in reporting the violent crimes of this shooter is one of them. We thank You for the honesty they have shown and the plans they have to remedy this error. We pray that they will take care of this error with great speed. Above that, Lord, we pray that men would cease their evil ways and turn to You to solve their problems.
- "Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds;" (Proverbs 27:23)
9. Benghazi victims' relatives outraged over Khatalla verdict - Fox News
Family members of two victims of the 2012 Benghazi attack lashed out Tuesday after a suspected Libyan militant was cleared of the most serious charges against him, with one relative calling the verdict "a miscarriage of justice." Ahmed Abu Khattala, 46, was convicted by a federal jury on four counts, including providing material support for terrorism and destroying property and placing lives in jeopardy at the U.S. compound, but acquitted on 14 others, including murder. Tyrone Woods' father, Charles, told Fox News the verdict was "outrageous," and compared Khatalla to a getaway driver who is "just as guilty as the robber who kills the bank teller. I am very bothered by the fact the U.S. government gave constitutional rights and due process rights to a foreign national who allegedly killed Americans outside the U.S.," Woods added.
Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, told Fox News she was "not surprised" and "not happy" with the Khatalla verdict. "I think the people who bear responsibility -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- aren't even touched," said Smith, who has repeatedly criticized Clinton for her response to the deadly attack. I am his mother. He was 34 years old, but he was still my baby," Smith said at the time. "I know what the government thinks of me, and I think just that much of the government - it stinks. This is how you get treated by the government, or, at least the way you used to." (Read more)
- Father, we are disturbed at this miscarriage of justice and call on You to arrange for Your kind of justice in this situation. We ask that our dead heroes would be honored by a verdict rendered by a more appropriate court system. We pray that You would work in this situation to bring closure to the hurting families and that the end result of this terrorist's actions would be a warning to others throughout the world who want to terrorize our country.
- "I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and every work." (Ecclesiastes 3:17)
10. Prominent Scientist Censured for Suggesting Faith-Based Theory of Evolution - Breaking Israel News
Over the last year, Dr. Günter Bechly went from being a respected member of the scientific community to a pariah, losing his position as a museum curator and having his Wikipedia page removed, for the crime of combining faith and science. The battle against the Bible is being played out in the media and many scientists complain that in the end, the search for truth is the ultimate victim.
"I have not become a Christian in spite of being a scientist but because of it," Dr. Bechly wrote on his website. "My conversion was based on a critical evaluation of empirical data and philosophical arguments, following the evidence wherever it leads." This initiated a process in which Dr. Bechly realized that random mutation and evolutionary theory could not explain many of his own findings in paleontology. As a true scientist, his theories changed to conform to his observations. In a blog post in 2015, Dr. Bechly rejected Darwinian evolution. (Read more)
- Father, thank you for opening the eyes and heart of Dr. Bechly. We are sorry that he has lost his position but intercede on his behalf, that You provide him with a better job. You are Jehovah Jireh, his provider. We pray that he is a light to others that will bring more scientists into the kingdom.
- "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us . . . " (Ephesians 3:20)
Timelines of the reports about Robert Meuller, Michael Flynn, Jared Kushner
Headlines and Prayers to Follow . . .
1. FYI: Trump and Russia: A timeline of the investigation - USA Today
(Focus on Robert Mueller)
2. Documents Reveal New Details on What Trump Team Knew About Flynn's Calls With Russia's Ambassador - New York Times
To follow this timeline, go here.
3. A Timeline: Everything We Know About Kushner's Role in the Russia Mess - Bill Moyers
To follow this timeline, go here.
4. No 'Russia collusion' in Mueller's case against Flynn - WND
It's significant that Michael Flynn, President Trump's former national security adviser, pleaded guilty Friday to the "process crime" of lying to FBI agents rather than to a conspiracy of collusion, contends a former assistant U.S. attorney. Flynn's plea in federal court centered on his conversations with Russia's ambassador to the U.S. in December 2016, during the presidential transition period.
ABC News reported Flynn plans to testify that Trump himself directed him to reach out to Russians. But Andrew McCarthy, a former assistant U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, argues Special Counsel Robert Mueller would not permit Flynn to settle the case with a single count of lying to FBI agents if his conversations with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak had provided evidence that the Trump administration would ease or eliminate sanctions on Russia as a payback for Russia's cyber-espionage against the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party. (Read more)
5. Jared Kushner Ordered the Call That Sunk Michael Flynn - Breitbart
Reports in multiple outlets Friday claim White House Advisor and presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner is responsible for directing then-candidate for National Security Advisor Michael Flynn to make the phone call about which he later lied to the FBI. Bloomberg News cites "[t]wo former officials with the Trump transition team" claiming that Flynn was acting on Kushner's say-so when he called diplomatic officials of other United Nations Security Council members, including Russia, and asked them to delay an expected vote condemning Israeli settlements.
"On or about December 22, 2016, Flynn did not ask the Russian Ambassador to delay the vote on or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council resolution," reads one of the statements to the FBI that Flynn has now admitted is false, pleading guilty to a felony in the process. Flynn, according to these sources, did make such a call, and he did so because Jared asked him to intervene to prevent the Security Counsel vote coming up while Barack Obama was still president. The Obama administration had made clear its intention to abstain from the vote after a 36-year-long U.S. policy of vetoing condemnations of Israel's settlements, despite President-elect Trump's stated opposition. Obama's Ambassador to the UN Samantha Power did, in fact, abstain, allowing the resolution to pass in a major international embarrassment for Israel. (Read more)
6. Jared Kushner Pushing for Rex Tillerson's Ouster after Ivanka Snub - Breitbart
White House Senior Advisor Jared Kushner is reportedly behind a plan to replace Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State - after a long-standing feud between the two intensified after Tillerson snubbed Kushner's wife, Ivanka Trump, on her trip to India. The New York Times first reported Thursday that CIA Director Mike Pompeo is being mulled as a replacement for Tillerson, who has been widely rumored to be on the way out for months. Pompeo is reportedly much closer to President Trump and has a good relationship with the President, unlike Tillerson, who has appeared to distance himself from Trump on a number of occasions.
The Washington Examiner, citing a former White House aide, reports that Tillerson's decision last week not to send a senior State Department delegation for Ivanka Trump's widely touted trip to the annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit in India was "the last straw" for Kushner and has led him to be a key voice calling for Tillerson to be fired. "There was increasing talk that Rex wasn't going to be on the job for long, but the Ivanka story, that was kind of the last straw. It sort of sealed the deal," the aide told the Examiner. "This is Jared, 100 percent," the aide said "[He and Tillerson] have been clashing heads since day one." The man once dubbed "Mr. Perfect" is widely reported to be behind some of the most egregious mistakes of Trump's presidency so far, including the firing of former FBI Director James Comey and Trump's decision to back the doomed Alabama primary candidacy of Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL). (Read more)
- Father, we lift up the Michael Flynn news, the Rex Tillerson ouster, the Russian collusion story. We pray that truth prevail. Bring to light all evil doing. We pray for our leaders that they rule well. We pray that all those who devise evil be revealed and ousted.
- "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, But those who deal truthfully are His delight." (Proverbs 12:22)
ALERT IN DELAWARE!
It is time to take a stand for our children
Regulation 225 is a proposed legislation that only Gov. Carney and the Delaware Department of Education are making a decision next week to allow students of any school age to self identify themselves. If passed they will be allowed by state law to change their race and/or gender without parent permission.
This is another measure for the government to impede on your God given authority over your children and also to teach your children that they can change who God created them to be because the government said it is ok.
As a former teacher and a Christian, this is absurd. Since when did the state of Delaware change their name to God? These children have so much to deal with growing up and the teachers are working hard to instill a good foundation for their future.
If you live in the State of Delaware, I encourage you to visit this website of the Delaware Family Policy Council.
You may also click on this link.
You will only be able to make your voice heard by signing a petition and sending an email to Gov. Carney and the Delaware Department of Education. You have until Monday December 4, 2017.
This is the only way you can make your voice be heard on this legislation. They will not have an open session for you to address the General Assembly
Below is a video regarding this regulation:
If you cannot access this video on this email, you can go to Dover Aglow International Facebook page or to the Delaware Family Policy Council's website.
Let's take our beloved state Delaware back for God!! We are the first state and we are called to lead the way for Him!!
AGLOW State Coordinator; Delaware
Dover AGLOW International
> > > Now that we have seen an earthquake hit the State of Delaware (Magnitude 4.4.) during the past week, it does seem that our Lord is watching over this action. We ask any of our own prayer partners who live in the State of Delaware to take the action recommended by Sylvia Keller TODAY, and to contact others who live in this state to do so. THERE IS STILL TIME TO ACT. Thank you.
"Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power." (Psalm 110:3)
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study
Week of Sunday, December 3 - Saturday, December 9, 2017
Hanukkah ~ Prophecy of the End of Days ~ Pt 3
To hear this teaching, please go here.
Torah portion reading for the week of December 4th:
Vayeshev ~ He Settled
Torah portion: Genesis 37:1-40:23
Haftorah portion (Prophets): Amos 2:6-3:8
Gospel/New Testament: Matthew 1: 18-25
The Pause That Refreshes
The Pause That Refreshes:
Wife of a Congressman Opens a Website; Ministers LIFE to all Who Will Visit!
A dear sister in Christ and a friend of our ministry, Jeanie Lamborn, has just announced the launch of her new website:
"The Good Word Project"
Here is Jeanie's introduction to her site:
Hello, my name is Jeanie Lamborn and I am a Christian, and artist and married to a Congressman. When you combine religion and politics you have all the things your Mother warned not to talk about in polite company.
Throw in art and now you have The Good Word Project. My idea is to spread "the good word" using color, shape, form, and of course words.
Jeanie also states:
This is a dream come true.
Just in time for Christmas. This is a dream come true. I am excited to show you my new website! Now I am able to offer you so much more. All the art comes in multiple sizes, printed on canvas or paper. You can even get the art matted and framed. The best part is that as you are making your selections the website lets you see what your art purchase will look like. It is easy and fun. So come to my website and see for yourself.
If only I could offer you a cup of cocoa while you are shopping. God bless and Merry Christmas!
To view Jeanie's website, please go here.
- Father, we thank You for Jeanie's artistic gifts, and for her bold outreach for You. We ask that You would bless this new venture, that many may "taste and see that the Lord is good."
In Your Name, amen.
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
BE THOU MY VISION
"When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal Myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams." (Numbers 12:6)
BE THOU MY VISION
"When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal Myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams." (Numbers 12:6)
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul's Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.
Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven's joys, O bright Heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Please go here (Lyrics included)
About the Author:
Words: Attributed to Dallan Forgaill, 8th Century (Ireland)
Translated from ancient Irish to English by Mary E. Byrne
About the Hymn:
To learn more about the rich history of this ancient hymn, which goes back to the days of St. Patrick, go here.
Signs and Wonders
Mysterious boom rattles windows in Caledonia, Mississippi
A loud mysterious boom was reported by residents in Caledonia on Tuesday morning. The noise occurred just before 11:00 AM. Residents said it shook windows and it caught many by surprise. WCBI News followed up with local officials and more for answers.
We are still looking around to see just what might have occurred. Numerous reports have come from Northern and Central Alabama over the past few weeks of similar 'boom' noises, but no official cause has been determined from those either. We continue to work with local officials and our partner stations in Alabama to help find a cause of these mysterious noises.
After reaching out to different organizations trying to determine what it could have been, the Columbus Air Force Base says the noise possibly came from a T-38 Talon as it took off for practice take offs and landings.
Master Sgt. Amanda Savannah says, there could have been a sonic boom from a functional check flight. However, it's unlikely due to the altitude of the flight and it was 40 miles away from Caledonia.
So still no definite answer as to what caused the boom. We're still looking into it.
(WCBI, Columbus, Mississippi)
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
How This St. Jude's Breakthrough Treatment Helped a 2-Year-Old Child Defeat Stage 4 Cancer:
"It Was Literally as Bad as it Gets"
(Memphis, TN)- [CBN News] Gideon Purchase's appearance today of a happy, lively 2-year-old hides the long battle he's fought for most of his life. At six months of age, he began losing his appetite and wasn't sleeping. More fussy than usual, his parents thought all of the symptoms were related to teething. Then a yellowish bruise appeared over one eye. The next day, it covered both eyes and a lump appeared on his head.
A quick visit to the doctor resulted in a devastating diagnosis for his parents-stage 4 high-risk neuroblastoma. "It's literally as bad as it gets," Gideon's mother Katie Purchase told NBC's Today.
The boy was taken by Medivac to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., where scans revealed the spread of the disease. "His entire face and skull was full of cancer, and all of his bones were full of cancer," recalled St. Jude physician Dr. Sara Federico. "He had a large tumor that was present in the middle of his body."
Luckily for Gideon, St. Jude doctors had a plan to attack the cancer that was growing in his body. They treated Gideon using a new technique combining an antibody with chemotherapy at the beginning, middle and end of treatment. (Read more)
Worship With Us Today!
"Awesome God" Michael W. Smith
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
Pray for America!
Now you can join the Salt & Light Council, praying for our nation six days each week on a conference line!
Repentance and Restoration Prayer Line
For many years now, the Salt & Light Council has sponsored this outstanding half-hour of prayer, six days per week, with additional time available for Bible reading and fellowship.
We are delighted to make this "hidden treasure" available to all of you who make up our CHPP family.
You can also view their daily prayer calendar by going here.
The following press release was issued by the Salt and Light Council. Praise the Lord!
This is a 30 minute national conference prayer call offered Monday through Saturday. We pray daily for our President, Cabinet, Supreme Court, one or two state legislatures, preambles, plus a moral topic and Israel. All are welcome to participate in prayer for our nation. Fellowship and Bible reading is optional for those who would like to remain on the line. The call is hosted by The Salt & Light Council.
605-468-8015 / Access Code 338083#
Monday - Saturday
8:30 am PT 9:30 am MT
10:30 am CT 11:30 am ET