Sunday, November 5:
International Day of Prayer
for the Persecuted Church
For details, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
Saturday, November 4, 2017
"When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him."
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
So far . . . so good . . . !!
MANY are now joining us in reading
His Word out loud over a conference line.
Come join us!
712-770-4340; 350430#. *6 to mute, please.
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Urgent Message from IFA
URGENT: Pray for Reversal of Johnson Amendment
PRAY TO REMOVE THE MUZZLE ON THE CHURCH
(Friday, November 3, 2017)
CONGRESSMAN JODY HICE (R-GA) CALLED IFA TODAY ASKING INTERCESSORS TO PRAY NOW!
For sixty years the Johnson Amendment has muzzled pastors and churches in the U.S. from speaking biblical truth into politics for 60 years.
Reversing this amendment would restore fundamental freedom of speech to the Church.
Repeal of the Johnson Amendment is included in the tax reform bill that the House will vote on next week. The Congressional Budget Office scores provisions in proposed bills for cost to federal government. They have determined that repeal of the Johnson Amendment would cost the U.S. 5 billion dollars.
Ridiculous!This score is being reviewed this weekend!
1. A reduced CBO score for Johnson Amendment repeal
2. Passage of Johnson Amendment repeal
> > > Let Congressman Hice know you are joining him in prayer on this critical issue. Post a prayer for him HERE.
Read more from CBN here.
(Source: Intercessors for America)
To read all of IFA's article, please go here.
President Trump in Asia
President Trump in Asia:
Updates and prayer points from the
24/7 Strategic Prayer Network
"Accompanying and Protecting our President in Prayer"
"As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." (Psalm 18:30)
We continue in focused prayer for our President Trump as he travels in Asia...the longest tour of Asia by an American president since the President George Bush in late 1991. As his "security detail", we are serving our God and King, functioning as praying, worshipping warriors, who stand before Him day and night, interceding for him on the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call. We are also covering our First Lady Melania Trump and their entourage during this trip!
As we intercede, we are forming a "prayer shield" around this group, similar to the "Roman Turtle" formation. We have our shields locked, and are covering them on every side and from above to protect them from the enemy. As we PRAY for and COVER them, our prayers become like paving stones on a spiritual highway that our President can move on, with the Lord's guidance, through the nations!
During this trip to Asia, we are aware of the spiritual climates into which he will be moving. The strongman of DEATH is over Asia, and as we release our love and prayers on his behalf, we are trusting God to preserve and protect our leader, keeping evil plans from harming him.
We ask for "the nations", Lord. As President Trump encounters those who do not know You, the ONE TRUE GOD, or ascribe to Your laws and values, may he so reflect Your GLORY that people will "see" You in him, hear his witness...and turn their hearts to You!
Numerous discussions about the importance of a free and open Indo-Pacific region to America's prosperity and security will be taking place on this trip, and the President will be emphasizing the importance of fair and reciprocal economic ties with America's trade partners. A primary purpose of this trip is to strengthen the international resolve to confront the North Korean threat and ensure the complete, verifiable, and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. These are key prayer points for us!
During President Trump's time in Japan, he will be meeting with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko and conducting working meetings with Prime Minister Shinzō Abe and other Japanese leaders. While there, he will reaffirm that America stands with Japan against the North Korea nuclear threat.
- May our President and his entourage have solid rest, peace of mind and good health as this Asia trip progresses. May he hear clearly from the Lord before he speaks and let the decisions he needs to make and actions he takes be God directed! Come, Holy Spirit!
- In each natural and spiritual confrontation . . . may he be MORE than a conqueror! Let him continuously reflect his position as a son of God and a representative of the Kingdom.
- Let every prayer being offered for his safety and security become another "stepping stone" on which he can walk in the Spirit. Lord, let him not be undermined in any way . . . rather, let him feel the undergirding he is receiving from our intercession . . . every step of the way!
- We cry out, "Mercy!" for all those trapped in the false religions of Asia. As President Trump and Melania meet with the key leaders of these nations, let them see the difference YOU make in our First Couple's lives! When they enter the room, let the pillars of false religious fall as Dagon did when the Ark was brought into his temple.
- LORD, You are sovereign in all things! Guard and guide Your son, our President, each day, every hour during this trip! Bring him back to us amide shouts of VICTORY !!!
More Headlines to Note
More Headlines to Note:
Breaking News today for prayer
1. Senate Confirms Trump's Judicial Nominees Despite Democrats' Opposition - Breitbart
Senate Republicans delivered a series of victories to President Donald Trump this week, confirming four federal appeals judges and two trial judges, with more expected soon. Republicans across the spectrum continue to complain about the Senate's dysfunctional condition on a wide variety of issues, due in large part to the narrow 52-48 GOP margin in the Senate, aided by the fact that seven moderate Republican senators have proven unreliable in advancing the president's agenda and conservative priorities, for many of them reversing the positions they took during the Obama presidency.
Conservative Republicans, in particular, have complained bitterly about the Senate's inability to fill hundreds of positions, including, especially, nominations to serve on the federal courts. Regarding the third branch of government, the president has nominated 56 people thus far to fill more than 150 current and upcoming vacancies on the federal bench at all three levels of the judiciary, comprised of the Supreme Court, 13 appeals courts, and 94 district courts. The number of judges confirmed has jumped in a week from 7 to 13, with more than 40 nominations pending in the Senate. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is preparing to schedule additional judicial nominees for votes on the Senate floor. (Read more)
2. Trump announces picks for U.S. attorneys in California, Texas, others - Reuters
U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced his choices to lead U.S. attorney offices in California, Maryland, Connecticut, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana, the White House said in a statement.
The White House said Trump will nominate John Anderson for U.S. attorney for New Mexico; John Durham for Connecticut; Brandon Fremin for the Middle District of Louisiana; Robert Kyoung Hur for Maryland; McGregor Scott for the Eastern District of California; Joseph Brown for the Eastern District of Texas; and Ryan Patrick for the Southern District of Texas. The nominations are subject to Senate approval. (Read more)
3. Nikki Haley tells United Nations: You're not the boss of U.S. - McClatchy DC
The United States voted against a UN resolution condemning America's economic embargo against Cuba on Wednesday. The embargo resolution was overwhelmingly approved in the 193-member General Assembly by a vote of 191-2, with Israel joining the U.S. UN Ambassador Nikki Haley said the American people had chosen a new president and the United States would vote against any resolution calling for the lifting of the embargo "as long as the proceeds from trade with Cuba go to prop up the dictatorial regime responsible for denying those (human) rights." AP via UNTV
Ambassador Nikki Haley blasted the United Nations Wednesday in a defiant speech to the 193-member General Assembly before it adopted a resolution calling for an end to the U.S. economic embargo on Cuba. Haley called the long-standing debate "political theater. Let's be honest about what we really see going on here," Haley said. "This assembly does not have the power to end the U.S. embargo. It is based in U.S. law, which only the United States Congress can change." (Read more)
4. ALERT!! Man Charged After Telling Secret Service He Dropped Explosives Near the White House - Breitbart
Not far from the White House, less than 20 minutes after President Donald Trump took off on Marine One, a man at a nearby park approached a U.S. Secret Service agent claiming to have "dropped explosives" in the vicinity. The man approached a "Uniformed Division Officer on patrol along the north side of Pennsylvania Avenue near Lafayette Park" at approximately 9:24 a.m., according to a Secret Service statement on the event. He told the officer that he had dropped explosives and was immediately taken into custody.
The area was cleared of pedestrian and vehicular traffic. "Secret Service K-9 and MPD EOD teams were dispatched and swept both the individual and the surrounding areas," according to the Secret Service statement. The Secret Service identified only one item of the suspect's that was found during their search - a cell phone. They did not detect any explosives, and the area was cleared within the hour. Thirty-three-year-old Ervin Pettaway has been charged with one count of felony threats. The Washington, D.C. man was "transported to MPD Second District for further processing." (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, that this man was caught!
Update: November 4th
Update: November 4th --
So far . . . so good . . .
Whatever happened to ANTIFA?
As we post today's SNAPSHOT, we note that our own "boots on the ground" in all 21 cities that ANTIFA had targeted for today's "mass demonstrations" are seeing almost NOTHING happening!
Whatever happened to ANTIFA?
We submit to you that God's people have humbled themselves and are praying that this "Danger at the Door" would fizzle out and die. And God is answering our prayers!
Nevertheless, we must REMAIN ON THE WALL, because these Communists and others who are set upon taking over our land . . . are not going to go away. Instead, we continue to cry out to God that He would "pierce their hearts" with the conviction of their sin and their need for salvation, amen.
We submit to you, below, 2 articles that support our position: one written by Pastor Jeff Daly; the other written by Bill Wilson (The Daily Jot).
Please take a few minutes now to consider their words. Thank you.
"Antifa Civil War Chaos to Erupt on Nov 4th?"
By Pastor Jeff Daly; President, National Day of Repentance
Second article: The Daily Jot
Friday, November 3, 2017
Communism on the horizon for US?
The poll of 2,300 people age 16 and older also indicated that nearly 70% of Millennials do not even know what communism is, and they can't distinguish it from socialism or fascism. Only half of those polled could identify the definition of capitalism. Before we push the panic button on the next generation, the poll also indicated that 69% of all Americans either don't know the definition of communism or misidentify it. This is a problem that is systemic in American culture, probably for many reasons. The root of the trouble is most likely that our public schools are not teaching accurate history. For example, there is a disconnect between Millennials demanding free speech be protected (71%), yet preferring to live in a country where free speech is not protected (socialist, communist, or fascist). This is the culmination of an old-time Soviet Strategy.
Former Soviet KGB agent Yuri Bezmenov, who defected from the Soviet Union in 1970, conducted an interview in 1984 about Soviet infiltration methods and the plan to take over America. Bezmenov said that by 1970 the Soviet Union had already infiltrated the US through brainwashing left-leaning people in the news media, the entertainment industry, politics, business, education, and religion. He said that the Soviet Union used a brainwashing strategy called ideological subversion designed to change the perception of reality of every American so "no one is able to come to sensible conclusions" to defend themselves, their families, their community, and their country. Bezmenov said that the Soviets used brainwashed leftists to teach Marxism-Leninism ideology to several generations of American students.
Bezmenov said the process is nearly irreversible, but, "There must be a very strong national effort to educate people in the spirit of real patriotism, number one. Number two, to explain to them the real danger of socialist, communist, welfare state, big brother government...The moment at least part of the United States population is convinced that the danger is real, they have to force their government...to stop aiding communism." Even today, leftists are confusing patriotism with nationalism, trying to say it is akin to fascism. These dictatorial governments require the abolishment of all religion. As Christians, we must fight this as an Ephesians 6:20 people, "...that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Christian Americans must see clearly and act decisively otherwise communism is on the horizon for our country.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Recent Floor Activity
Weekly Digest of the Congressional Record
Senate votes to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
Senate confirms Amy Coney Barrett, law prof whom Democrats questioned for her devout Catholic faith
House passes bill to revoke passports of terror suspects
Senate confirms two more federal judges, bringing total to five this week
House votes to repeal ObamaCare's Medicare cost-cutting board
House votes to extend children's health program for 5 years
Congress Last Week
As militant threats shift, U.S. Senate revives war authorization debate
Bipartisan bills expected to toughen U.S. foreign investment rules
Republicans release tax overhaul plan
Small business cool to House Republican tax cuts
Mitch McConnell expects Senate tax plan to resemble House version
Tax Plan: Unborn Children Eligible for College Savings Plans
Tax Bill Eyes End to Project Finance, Stadium Bonds Deductions
GOP Tax Bill: The Fine-Tuning and Defense Begins
Mark Meadows, Freedom Caucus chairman: Tax cuts should pay for themselves over 15 years
Kevin Brady defends push to eliminate 'death tax'
House Tax Bill Would Kill Medical Deductions
New Jersey's MacArthur Happy With SALT Compromise
Trump Pulling Hard for Health Care Change in Tax Overhaul, Says Brady
No Amendments to Tax Overhaul, Brady Says
Good sign for GOP tax bill as Paul Ryan critic on board
Kevin Brady considers including Obamacare mandate repeal in tax bill
Conservatives hit GOP tax bill for nixing adoption credit
House Intelligence Committee strikes deal for access to Fusion GPS bank records
James Comey's 'coordination' testimony sheds new context on Clinton campaign's dossier funding
Susan Collins: John Podesta, Debbie Wasserman Schultz need to be recalled by Senate intel panel
House panel reviewing sexual harassment policies
5 things to know about the Senate social media hearing
Senate Energy Gears Up for Alaska Drilling Fight
House seeks details on FEMA role in Puerto Rico power contracts
Senate panel to vote next week on online sex-trafficking bill
Republican committee chairmen are retiring in droves, despite unified control of Congress
Leading Senate Republicans seek ways to speed nominee approvals
U.S. Senate Republicans want to speed Trump nominee approvals
Program for Monday: Senate resumes consideration of the nomination of Steven Andrew Engel, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General, Department of Justice, and votes on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination at 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017
Hearings to examine the nominations of Ernest W. Dubester, of Virginia, Colleen Kiko, of North Dakota, and James Thomas Abbott, of Virginia, each to be a Member of the Federal Labor Relations Authority.
Hearings to examine the nominations of Robert Behler, of Pennsylvania, to be Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, Dean L. Winslow, of Delaware, to be an Assistant Secretary, Thomas B. Modly, of Maryland, to be Under Secretary of the Navy, and James F. Geurts, of Pennsylvania, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Navy, all of the Department of Defense.
Business meeting to consider S. 1591, to impose sanctions with respect to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Commerce, Science, and Transportation: Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
Hearings to examine advancing the Internet of Things in rural America.
Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017
Business meeting to consider S. 1693, to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to clarify that section 230 of that Act does not prohibit the enforcement against providers and users of interactive computer services of Federal and State criminal and civil law relating to sex trafficking, S. 1668, to rename a waterway in the State of New York as the "Joseph Sanford Jr. Channel", and the nominations of Dana Baiocco, of Ohio, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, James Bridenstine, of Oklahoma, to be Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Neil Jacobs, of North Carolina, and Nazakhtar Nikakhtar, of Maryland, both to be an Assistant Secretary of Commerce, Bruce Landsberg, of South Carolina, to be a Member of the National Transportation Safety Board, Raymond Martinez, of New Jersey, to be Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and Diana Furchtgott-Roth, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary, both of the Department of Transportation, and Leon A. Westmoreland, of Georgia, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors; to be immediately followed by a hearing to examine protecting consumers in the era of major data breaches.
Hearings to examine the nominations of Kathleen Hartnett White, of Texas, to be a Member of the Council on Environmental Quality, and Andrew Wheeler, of Virginia, to be Deputy Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.
Hearings to examine the nomination of Kirstjen Nielsen, of Virginia, to be Secretary of Homeland Security.
Hearings to examine the impact of lawsuit abuse on American small businesses and job creators.
Hearings to examine S. 1400, to amend title 18, United States Code, to enhance protections of Native American tangible cultural heritage, and S. 465, to provide for an independent outside audit of the Indian Health Service.
Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017
Hearings to examine the nominations of Glen R. Smith, of Iowa, to be a Member of the Farm Credit Administration Board, and Stephen Alexander Vaden, of Tennessee, to be General Counsel of the Department of Agriculture.
Hearings to examine the nominations of Robert H. McMahon, of Georgia, to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense, Bruce D. Jette, of Virginia, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Army, and Shon J. Manasco, of Texas, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, all of the Department of Defense.
Business meeting to consider the nominations of Kirstjen Nielsen, of Virginia, to be Secretary of Homeland Security, and Ernest W. Dubester, of Virginia, Colleen Kiko, of North Dakota, and James Thomas Abbott, of Virginia, each to be a Member of the Federal Labor Relations Authority.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for morning hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 1066 – VA Management Alignment Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. Derek Kilmer / Veterans Affairs Committee)
2) H.R. 3122 – Veterans Care Financial Protection Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. Matt Cartwright / Veterans Affairs Committee)
3) H.R. 3562 – To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to furnish assistance for adaptations of residences of veterans in rehabilitation programs under chapter 31 of such title, and for other purposes. (Sponsored by Rep. Jodey Arrington / Veterans Affairs Committee)
4) H.R. 3656 – To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for a consistent eligibility date for provision of Department of Veterans Affairs memorial headstones and markers for eligible spouses and dependent children of veterans whose remains are unavailable. (Sponsored by Rep. Jim Banks / Veterans Affairs Committee)
5) H.R. 3657 – To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide headstones and markers for the graves of spouses and children of veterans who are buried in tribal cemeteries. (Sponsored by Rep. Bruce Poliquin / Veterans Affairs Committee)
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 3911 – Risk-Based Credit Examination Act (Sponsored by Rep. Ann Wagner / Financial Services Committee)
2) H.R. 2148 – Clarifying Commercial Real Estate Loans, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Robert Pittenger / Financial Services Committee)
3) H.R. 918 – Veteran Urgent Access to Mental Healthcare Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Mike Coffman / Veterans Affairs Committee)
4) H.R. 1133 – Veterans Transplant Coverage Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. John Carter / Veterans Affairs Committee)
5) H.R. 1900 – National Veterans Memorial and Museum Act (Sponsored by Rep. Steve Stivers / Veterans Affairs Committee)
6) H.R. 2123 – VETS Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. Glenn Thompson / Veterans Affairs Committee)
7) H.R. 2601 – VICTOR Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Neal Dunn / Veterans Affairs Committee)
8) H.R. 3634 – SERVE Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. Jim Himes / Veterans Affairs Committee)
9) H.R. 3705 – Veterans Fair Debt Notice Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Chellie Pingree / Veterans Affairs Committee)
10) H.R. 3949 – VALOR Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Ro Khanna / Veterans Affairs Committee)
11) H.R. 4173 – Veterans Crisis Line Study Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Jim Banks / Veterans Affairs Committee)
H.R. 3441 – Save Local Business Act (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Bradley Byrne / Education and the Workforce Committee)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business. Last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m.
On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
H.R. 3043 – Hydropower Policy Modernization Act of 2017 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers / Energy and Commerce Committee)
H.R. 2201 – Micro Offering Safe Harbor Act (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Tom Emmer / Financial Services Committee)
Additional Legislative Items are Possible
Legislative Program for next week
Mr. Speaker, on Monday, the House will meet at noon for morning hour and 2 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30. On Tuesday and Wednesday, the House will meet at 10 a.m. for morning hour and noon for legislative business. On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Mr. Speaker, the House will consider a number of suspensions next week, a complete list of which will be announced by close of business today.
In addition, the House will consider H.R. 3043, the Hydropower Policy Modernization Act, sponsored by Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers. This bill will continue our efforts to improve America's energy infrastructure by streamlining the FERC licensing process for hydropower projects.
The House will also consider two good jobs bills: first, H.R. 3441, the Save Local Business Act, sponsored by Representative Bradley Byrne. This bipartisan legislation will ensure small businesses and franchises across America receive fair government treatment rather than confusing regulations that harm workers.
Second, the House will consider H.R. 2201, the Micro Offering Safe Harbor Act, sponsored by Representative Tom Emmer. As part of our Innovation Initiative, this bill creates a smarter way for entrepreneurs to start new ventures or grow existing businesses.
Now, lastly, Mr. Speaker, additional legislative items are possible in the House. If anything is added to our schedule, I will be sure to inform my friend and all Members.
Full floor colloquy on next week's House schedule
Text of Bills for the Week of Nov. 6, 2017
Monday, November 6, 2017
Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Discussion Draft, Energy Star Reform Act of 2017 and H.R. 3477, Ceiling Fan Energy Conservation Harmonization Act
Examining Anti-Semitism on College Campuses
Democracy and Governance in the Middle East and North Africa
How Effective is the Science and Technology Directorate?: Stakeholder Perspectives
Rescheduled oversight hearing titled Examining Challenges in Puerto Ricos Recovery and the Role of the Financial Oversight and Management Board
Investing in Small Businesses: The SBIC Program
Legislative Hearing on the Discussion Draft of H.R. ____, To distribute revenues from oil and gas leasing on the outer Continental Shelf to certain coastal States, to require sale of approved and scheduled offshore oil and gas leases, to establish offshore wind lease sale requirements, and to empower States to manage the development and production of oil and gas on available Federal land, and for other purposes.
Sovereign Immunity and the Intellectual Property System
Russia: Counterterrorism Partner or Fanning the Flames?
On Tuesday, November 7, 2017, the Committee will convene at 5:00 p.m. in 1324 Longworth House Office Building for opening statements only. The Committee will reconvene on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. in 1324 Longworth House Office Building for a markup on:
- H.R. 995 (Rep. Hakeem Jeffries), To direct the Secretary of Agriculture and the Secretary of the Interior to amend regulations for racial appropriateness. 21st Century Respect Act;
- H.R. 1532 (Rep. Bradley Byrne), To reaffirm that certain land has been taken into trust for the benefit of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians, and for other purposes. Poarch Band of Creek Indians Land Reaffirmation Act;
- H.R. 1800 (Rep. Rob Bishop of UT), To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to transfer certain Federal land to facilitate scientific research supporting Federal space and defense programs;
- H.R. 2504 (Rep. Chellie Pingree), To ensure fair treatment in licensing requirements for the export of certain echinoderms;
- H.R. 2907 (Rep. Scott Tipton), To amend the Mineral Leasing Act to require the Secretary of the Interior to develop and publish an all-of-the-above quadrennial Federal onshore energy production strategy to meet domestic energy needs, and for other purposes. Planning for American Energy Act of 2017;
- H.R. 3469 (Rep. John Duncan Jr. of TN), To designate the bridge located in Blount County, Tennessee, on the Foothills Parkway (commonly known as "Bridge 2") as the "Dean Stone Bridge";
- H.R. 3905 (Rep. Tom Emmer), To require congressional approval of any mineral withdrawal or monument designation involving the National Forest System lands in the State of Minnesota, to provide for the renewal of certain mineral leases in such lands, and for other purposes. Minnesota's Economic Rights in the Superior National Forest Act;
- H.R. 4239 (Rep. Steve Scalise), To distribute revenues from oil and gas leasing on the outer Continental Shelf to certain coastal States, to require sale of approved offshore oil and gas leases, to promote offshore wind lease sales, and to empower States to manage the development and production of oil and gas on available Federal land, and for other purposes. Strengthening the Economy with Critical Untapped Resources to Expand American Energy Act or the SECURE American Energy Act; and
- S. 140 (Sen. Jeff Flake), To amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010 to clarify the use of amounts in the WMAT Settlement Fund.
The Presidents Plan for Afghanistan and Pakistan: Objectives and Resources
"Cybersecurity of Voting Machines"
Moving the American Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem: Challenges and Opportunities
Geoengineering: Innovation, Research, and Technology
MACRA and Alternative Payment Models: Developing Options for Value-based Care
Preventing the Next Attack: TSAs Role in Keeping Our Transportation Systems Secure.
A Review of the Interagency Transition Assistance Program and the Need for Enhanced Outcome Measurements
Examining the Effectiveness of the Kingpin Designation Act in the Western Hemisphere
Thursday, November 9, 2017
An Update on NASA Exploration Systems Development
Perspectives on Mixed Martial Arts
H.R.___, Farm Regulatory Certainty Act
Aviation Readiness: What's the Flight Plan?
- Legislative Branch — @PrayforCongress
- Executive Branch — @PrayforPOTUS, @PrayforMedicine
- Judicial Branch — @PrayforSCOTUS
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.