CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, May 16, 2016
And all nations shall praise Him . . . (India)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 16, 2016
"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You."
(2 Chronicles 20:12)
Late Friday afternoon, when everyone was going home from work and preparing to enjoy a leisurely weekend, the White House released its newest Executive Order, which will affect 55 million children at 100,000 schools.
This legal directive states that every school must allow transgender students to use the bathroom that matches their gender identity, thereby allowing boys to enter girls' restrooms and locker rooms.
The White House has developed a tradition of releasing its most controversial directives late on Friday, when most Americans are not paying attention. Well . . . we are paying attention.
Today's edition of The Daily Brief is being released at 12:05 a.m. on Monday, May 16th, allowing all of our readers to PRAY before school starts this morning. Pray that every school official will refuse to follow this directive, which threatens the curtailment of federal funds if they do.
For the safety of our children, it is time to draw a line in the sand. It is time to say NO to this dangerous policy. Thank you.
United in the Kingdom of God . . . under the Cross of Christ
ISIS in the News
ISIS in the News
1. Minneapolis Terror Trial Sparks Fears About IS Recruitment - VOA
Three Somali-American men on trial in Minneapolis, Minnesota, face the possibility of 15 years to life in prison for allegedly conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State group and commit murder outside the United States. But the trial also brings into sharp focus the radical group's global reach and concerns within the Somali-American community about judicial fairness and how that could affect collaboration with law enforcement.
Mohamed Abdihamid Farah and Abdurahman Yasin Daud, both in their early 20s, and Guled Ali Omar are among a group of Somali-American men the FBI tracked over a period of months starting in March 2014, when one member of the group aroused suspicion when he applied for an expedited passport to travel to Turkey, but was unable to answer basic questions about his planned trip. Bob Fletcher, a former Ramsey County Sheriff in Minnesota and Director of the Center for Somali History Studies in Minneapolis, said the prosecution has a lot of evidence showing the men intended to leave the country to join the Islamic State group.
"They intend to show that these defendants were determined time and time again to join ISIL and to kill for ISIL. They are going to bring in evidence that shows that a portion of this group left in the spring of 2014; a portion of the group attempted to leave in November of 2014 and then again, two of these defendants were arrested in April 2015 in California for attempting to leave. That evidence will be powerful," he said. (Read more)
- Jesus, we thank You that You continue to watch over us and to protect us from our enemies. We praise You that many hidden terrorist cells are now being revealed in our land. Thank You that the enemies of our country are being dealt with as our laws ensure. We thank You for protecting the judge and the jury who are hearing this case in Minneapolis; let there not be any spirit of fear be upon them as they decide the verdict. May the conviction of those on trial be a warning to any ISIS operatives that their plots against the United States will fail, and that they will be prosecuted accordingly in a court of law. We ask that ISIS will fear You, Abba, and will come to know that You are the "I AM." Let all ISIS recruitment strategies fail in every way as fear and confusion overtake their plans. In Your Holy name, we pray, amen.
- "Deliver me, O Lord, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men, Who plan evil things in their hearts; They continually gather together for war." (Psalm 140:1-2)
2. FBI Tracking Nearly 800 ISIS-Related Cases Across US - ABC News
Of the nearly 1,000 FBI cases across the country looking at people who may have been radicalized online, about 80 percent of them are tied to ISIS, FBI Director James Comey said today.
"[ISIS'] ability to motivate troubled souls, to inspire them, remains a persistent presence in the United States," Comey said. "We have north of 1,000 cases where we're trying to evaluate where somebody is on the spectrum from consuming [ISIS propaganda] to acting, and that number continues to tick up slowly." However, Comey said ISIS -- also known as the Islamic State -- has been losing its ability to recruit people to Iraq or Syria, with the FBI seeing a "drop in the number of people traveling or attempting to travel" overseas to join the group. (Read more)
- Father, we praise You that You have heard our prayers to deal with ISIS recruitment as there is a drop in their numbers. Lord, bring down the army of ISIS. Bless the FBI agents as they follow the movements of people traveling overseas to join ISIS. Thank You for FBI agents working tirelessly to protect the U.S. citizens. Protect these agents from harm. You, dear God, are glorified and praised. Amen.
- "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. They have bowed down and fallen; But we have risen and stand upright." (Psalm 20: 7-8)
3. Islamic State 'Kill Lists' Target Average American Civilians - Breitbart
Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) supporters are disseminating 'kill lists' that contain the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of ordinary American citizens, reports the Wall Street Journal (WSJ). "A list distributed late last month contained the names of more than 2,000 New Yorkers, while another listed about 1,500 Texans," notes the report.
The list was published on April 20 by United Cyber Caliphate, described as a person or entity that supports ISIS. It was first distributed via the Telegram encrypted messaging service and it then spread onto Twitter, the Journal learned from counterterrorism officials. Citing those officials, WSJ reports, "Many of the 3,500 names on the list were duplicates, and officials believe the true number of people on it was closer to 2,000."
Unlike other "kill lists" distributed by ISIS on social media platforms, the most recent one includes information on Americans with no known connection to the U.S. government or military, officials reportedly said. "That development is sparking a debate among counterterrorism officials about whether the government should keep notifying all the individuals identified," notes the Journal. "While ISIS has distributed kill lists for more than a year - typically over Twitter and other social-media platforms - officials say such lists are increasing greatly in size and have moved from targeting dozens of military or government officials at a time to thousands of ordinary citizens." (Read more)
- Father, the evil efforts of ISIS to threaten the people of the United States shows us they think they are in charge of our nation. They may know our names but You inscribed our names in the palms of Your hands before we were born. You, Lord, are our Protector as you bring their hidden plans to light. The plots of terrorism are in Your hands to be dealt with as You will. Praise You, praise you, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
- "And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)
4. Massive network of Islamic State underground tunnels discovered - www.9news.com.au
Islamic State soldiers lived and slept in an extensive series of interlinking tunnels and underground bunkers to avoid airstrikes, Russian media has revealed. A coalition of Arab and Kurdish militias discovered the tunnel network when they liberated the former ISIS stronghold of Shaddadi in northeast Syria.
The tunnels and bunkers were believed to have been initially built to store ammunition and weapons, but as bombing from Russian and other forces intensified, the jihadists took to sleeping underground. One such tunnel was between 200 and 300m long. RT also reports the underground network was used to run pipes to transport blackmarket oil supplies. (Read more)
- Father, nothing can hide from You in darkness, tunnels, or anything underground. Your light shines and never grows dim. We praise You for uncovering the tunnel network hiding ISIS soldiers before they could inflict any harm. You easily break any strongholds. Praise and thanksgiving we lift up to You, Abba Father.
- "Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You." (Psalm 139:12
5. U.S. official: ISIS declares state of emergency in self-declared capital - CNN
U.S. military officials are closely watching social media and news reports that say ISIS believes it may soon come under siege in Raqqa, Syria, its self-declared capital.
"We have seen this declaration of emergency in Raqqa, whatever that means," Col. Steve Warren, the spokesman for the U.S.-led anti-ISIS coalition, told reporters Friday. "We know this enemy feels threatened, as they should." (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You for this report of another victory in our war against ISIS, and we ask for Your continued hand to rest upon our troops who are fighting these barbarians on the ground, and in the air. May each of the wicked who are the enemy find You now as their own Savior and their Lord. Amen.
- "Through God we shall do valiantly, And it is He who will tread down our adversaries." (Psalm 60:12)
6. ISIS internal docs show struggle to retain fighters, cut costs - CNN
ISIS is facing cash and manpower shortages, the deputy commander of the counter-ISIS coalition said Tuesday.
His statement was reinforced by newly obtained internal ISIS documents. The cache shows the group struggling for funds -- some of which are used to pay for sex slaves -- and calling on fighters to use less electricity and stop driving official cars for personal use. The fighters, meanwhile, seem to be suffering low morale, in some case seeking doctors' notes to avoid serving on the frontlines. (Read more)
- Lord God, we praise You for this report, showing us that ISIS is now having trouble gaining recruits for its demon-possessed army. We ask that their numbers continue to wither and die, and that their members will instead choose LIFE by acknowledging You, Abba, as their Savior, King and Lord. Amen.
- "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
7. Defeating ISIS: An Exclusive Look at What's Next for U.S. Troops in Iraq - ABCNews
Major General Gary Volesky, Commander of the 101st Airborne Division, has completed three tours of Iraq since 2004, but he says his latest deployment is a very different battle from the rest.
"It is a different enemy," he told ABC News' Martha Raddatz from al Asad airbase in western Iraq. "This enemy that we are facing today, make no mistake, is out there to attack everyone. We saw it in Paris, we saw it in Brussels, we've seen it in California."
The new enemy, of course, is ISIS.
Major General Volesky commands the nearly 5,000 Americans in Iraqwho are determined to stop the group from wreaking havoc across the country. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that You would grant Your victory to our troops who are now fighting on the ground in this new field of battle. May they win every fight they encounter, in Your name and by Your grace, amen.
- "This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Weekly Alert: Intercessors for Israel
To read this alert, please go here.
(Posted on May 6th.)
2. Weekly Alert: Bridges for Peace
To read this alert, please go here.
3. French FM: Peace confab to go ahead despite Netanyahu opposition
- Times of Israel
French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said Sunday that the Middle East peace conference his country is organizing will take place as planned, despite public opposition from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the lack of either Israeli or Palestinian representatives attending.
Speaking at Ben Gurion airport after a fleeting visit to the region to meet with Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, Ayrault said the conference is not a replacement for direct talks and is just the beginning of a process aimed at bringing Israelis and Palestinian to the negotiating table.
"It's clear to us - and I said this to Netanyahu and Abbas - that we cannot fulfill the role of the two sides," Ayraulet said. "They will need to carry out direct negotiations but because the process is stuck, they need external help. The goal [of the conference] is to encourage them return to the negotiating table." (Read more)
4. Iran 'preparing another Holocaust,' Netanyahu charges - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu railed at Iran Sunday for holding its annual Holocaust denial cartoon contest, charging that the Islamic Republic was "preparing another Holocaust" against the Jewish people.
Iran "denies the Holocaust, mocks the Holocaust, and is preparing another Holocaust," he told ministers at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting in his Jerusalem office, "and I think all the countries of the world need to stand up and condemn this unequivocally." (Read more)
5. Netanyahu slams Hollande for backing 'shameful' UNESCO resolution on Jerusalem - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sent a strongly worded letter to French President Francoise Hollande to condemn Paris's support for a recent controversial UNESCO resolution, days before the French leadership apologized for the vote, Channel 2 news reported Saturday.
The UNESCO document spoke of "Occupied Palestine" and made no mention of historic Jewish ties to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It condemned "Israeli aggressions and illegal measures against the freedom of worship and Muslims' access to their Holy Site Al-Aqsa Mosque/Al-Haram Al Sharif." (Read more)
6. 'Peace requires Palestinian recognition of Jewish state'- Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with visiting French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault on Sunday, as France continues to push ahead with an initiative to hold an international peace conference in Paris later this month in a bid to revive the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.
"This morning, I met with the foreign minister of France," Netanyahu said at the start of Sunday's cabinet meeting. "I told him that the scandalous decision passed by UNESCO with French support that did not recognize the millenia-old connection between the Jewish people and the Temple Mount casts a shadow on the fairness of any forum France tries to bring together. He told me that the decision stemmed from a misunderstanding and that he would personally ensure that it would not recur. (Read more)
7. UN envoy warns that Hezbollah expansion can threaten Lebanon
- YNET News
Hezbollah's involvement in the conflicts in Syria and more recently Iraq risks a spillover of sectarian tensions into Lebanon where the Islamic State extremist group and the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front are reported to be expanding, a UN envoy warned Friday.
Terje Roed-Larsen expressed serious concern that not only have Hezbollah and other militias continued their activities since the Security Council ordered them to disband in 2004, "but if anything they have expanded." He also expressed concern at the reported expansion of extremist groups, mostly in Palestinian refugee camps. (Read more)
8. Egypt disconnects last power line, southern Gaza blacked out
- Israel National News
Southern Gaza is in a total electricity blackout, and even the Palestinian Authority news outlet Maan admits it's not Israel's fault.
Though reports of electricity shortages in Gaza are generally accompanied by unjustified finger-pointing at Israel for the situation, today's report by Maan barely mentioned Israel at all. Instead, it implied - though did not say it straight out - that the responsibility for the new situation lies squarely on the shoulders of Egypt.
The last power line from Egypt to Gaza was disconnected on Saturday, Maan reported, without specifying clearly who did the disconnecting. A full electric blackout is now in effect in the areas of Rafah, on the Gaza-Egypt border, and the city of Khan Yunis - adjacent to the former site of N'vei Dekalim, the largest town in what was the Jewish block of Gush Katif. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. White House Sends Schools Guidance On Transgender Access To Bathrooms - NPR
The Obama administration issued guidance to schools Friday, saying they must allow transgender students to use the bathroom that matches their gender identity.
The administration acknowledges this is "new terrain" for some people and says it wants to help school districts avoid running afoul of civil rights laws.
The Department of Justice is already in a legal fight with North Carolina over its so-called bathroom law. By reaching out to all 50 states, the administration appears to be upping the ante. (Read more)
- Matthew 18:6: "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."
2. Texas Lt. Gov. Patrick blasts Obama, Fort Worth schools over transgender bathroom policies - Dallas News
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick came out swinging against the Obama administration Friday morning after learning that the Justice Department is telling public schools to let transgender students use bathrooms that match their gender identity.
"We will not back down from blackmail by the president of the United States," Patrick said in Dallas. He said Obama and Fort Worth schools superintendent Kent Scribner are overstepping their authority by "forcing girls showing with boys" and allowing both in the girls' restroom.
"There is no compromise on this issue. This is a modern day come-and-take-it issue and the president of the United States like the superintendent of Fort Worth is not coming and taking our children," Patrick said. (Read more)
- Lord God, we praise You for this action taken by the Lt. Governor of the State of Texas. May his boldness serve as an example to the governors in all other 49 states in our nation, that we will not sit still idly and watch the lives and the souls of our little ones be plundered. Thank You, Father, for men of courage, in Your name, amen.
- But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." (Matthew 14:27)
3. Obama's 'Transgender' Plan: Exclude Parents, Let Officials Handle Childrens' Sexual Problems - Breitbart
President Barack Obama's new transgender plan for K-12 schools recommends parents be secretly excluded from any decisive role when their children experiment with sexual "gender identities" as male or female. The exclusion of parents from their children's life-and-death, prosperity-or-suicide, teenage development is explicitly approved by Obama's Democratic Party aides in a nine-page, May 13 legal directive, dubbed a "Dear colleague" letter.
The Departments interpret Title IX [law] to require that when a student or the student's parent or guardian, as appropriate, notifies the school administration that the student will assert a [unusual] gender identity that differs from previous representations or records, the school will begin treating the student consistent with the student's gender identity.
The instructions are repeated on page 8 of the 25-page guidance document, issued May 13, which is intended to govern 55 million children at 100,000 schools. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that You are not God of confusion, but one of peace, order, and guidance. We thank You that Your Word makes it very clear that it is the responsibility of the parents, only, to train a child in Your ways. We ask that You move swiftly to intervene against this government ruling, totally obliterating its existence.
- "Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, But establish the just."
4. Obama's transgender 'obsession' is 'literally insane'- WND
Whatever the reason, the announcement by the U.S. Departments of Education and Justice telling all public schools to allow transgender students to use the bathroom matching their chosen "gender identity," or else risk a lawsuit or loss of federal funding, stirred up storms of reaction, very little of it positive, as the comments listed above typify.
International journalist and educator Alex Newman said this particular Obama administration decree illustrates the many serious problems plaguing America's education system.
"First of all, neither the federal government nor the Obama administration has a shred of constitutional authority to be meddling in public schools," declared Newman, coauthor of the book "Crimes of the Educators." Education is not among the enumerated powers of the federal government, and therefore schooling is properly within the jurisdiction of states or local communities. That includes bathroom policies.
"Secondly, this latest federal intrusion is typical of what has been imposed on schools across America from Washington, D.C., for generations. Rather than focusing on real education, the federally controlled schools have become indoctrination factories waging war on truth, common sense, morality and even reality." (Read more here. Includes a petition you can sign to voice your opposition to this action by the Obama administration.)
- Lord God, we thank You that You change not, and that, in the Book of Daniel, You show us that You once delivered another king from a state of insanity. Father, we ask that You do this again, for the occupant of the Oval Office, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- " . . . let him graze with the beasts
On the grass of the earth.
Let his heart be changed from that of a man,
Let him be given the heart of a beast,
And let seven times pass over him. . .
And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever . ." (Daniel 4:15d,16,34)
5. Shoppers Hold Man Accused of Choking, Molesting 8-Year-Old Girl in Store Bathroom - Breitbart
According to Chicago's ABC affiliate, police arrested Reese M. Hartstirn, 33, after witnesses said he was seen choking the child until she was unconscious, then carrying her into a stall in the bathroom of a store on South Canal Street. The child, who was in the store with her mother, was later taken to Comer Children's Hospital. Her condition was not released.
Witnesses told police that after the suspect was seen attacking the girl, the child's mother and several of the patrons and workers of the store gathered together to restrain the man until police arrived. The child's mother also testified that Hartstirn attacked her when she tried to separate him from the child.
Hartstirn was later charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated battery of a child, both felonies. The suspect will also face several misdemeanor charges, as well as charges of attacking one of the police officers who took him into custody at the Central District station. Cook County Judge Adam Bourgeois ordered Hartstirn to be held without bond. He will next appear in court on May 16. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that the terror that this little girl has had to endure would serve as a wakeup call to the whole nation that the new policy coming from Barack Hussein Obama amounts to child endangerment, which is AGAINST THE LAW. Let this stop here; let this stop NOW, we pray, in Your name, amen.
- "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Rev. 21:8)
6. July Fireworks over GOP Platform? - Family Research Council
There may not be a contested convention in Cleveland, but will there be a contested platform? That's what most Republicans are wondering heading into the party's biggest election event in July. Now that Donald Trump has all but sewn up the GOP nomination, the attention now turns to the only looming question: is the GOP platform secure in the hands of a man who has had his own share of evolving positions on key issues? While Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) continues to mobilize delegates to head to Ohio in July with the goal of safeguarding the party's values, many have painted it as an "anti-Trump" effort.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Most people, including myself, have no idea what Donald will do once the RNC hands over the keys to the nomination. Sending conservatives to Cleveland to protect the core principles of the Republican Party is a precautionary move, not a rebellious one. As in every other election cycle, the platform is an anchor that helps tether the nominees to the core conservative principles that have long been at the heart of the GOP. And while there may be a greater emphasis on the platform, hopefully, there will not be greater debate. But if there is, conservatives will be prepared. When it comes to our defending our guiding principles, we will not yield. -- Tony Perkins(Read more)
Abba Father God, as the delegates prepare now to head to Cleveland for their party's convention in July, we ask that You would speak to the hearts of all who are involved, that they might now walk in the spirit of unity and in the bond of peace. Let that party shout as ONE VOICE to our nation, its guiding principles and policies. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!"
7. President Obama Issues Executive Order on Transfer of Executive Power - The White House
Obama Executive Order - 2017 Presidential Transition Assembly
President Obama has initiated an enhanced transition of power process through an executive order directed toward the assembly of a cross functional transition team from all cabinet members.
Quoting the text of this Executive Order: "The peaceful transition of power has long been a hallmark of American democracy. It is the policy of the United States to undertake all reasonable efforts to ensure that Presidential transitions are well-coordinated and effective, without regard to party affiliation."
To read the entire order, go here.
- Father, although this may look good at first glance, we "dig deeper," and ask that all wording in this new edict be written according only to the letter of the law, leaving no loopholes for anyone to crawl through if he or she has violated the law while in office. We ask for transparency and accountability on all fronts and by all personnel who will be involved in this transition, in Your name, amen.
- "But all things should be done decently and in order." (I Corinthians 14:40)
8. The ACLU Launches a Campaign to Strip Catholic Hospitals of Federal Funds - Breaking Christian News
In a new report, "Health Care Denied," the ACLU calls for denial of federal dollars from Catholic healthcare institutions, as well as investigations into their practices.
With a subtitle of "Patients and Physicians Speak Out About Catholic Hospitals and the Threat to Women's Health and Lives," the stated goal of the report "is to shine a light on the harm and discrimination occurring at hospitals across this country."
The Directives spell out the Church's moral teaching for institutionally based Catholic healthcare services in the U.S., and in keeping with Church teaching, they prohibit such things as contraception, sterilization and abortion, which the ACLU deems "appropriate care."
This latest strike by the civil liberties group follows a series of legal challenges directed over several years at the U.S. Catholic Church, with the ACLU either suing Catholic hospitals, the U.S. Bishops or the federal government, or otherwise advocating in opposition of Catholic morals. (Read more)
- Father, once again they are calling good, evil and evil, good. We ask You to forgive those who now lead the ACLU, for they know not what they are doing. We ask that this initiative be demolished by the power of the Blood of the Lamb, and rendered of no effect, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- " . . . the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped." (Psalm 63:11b)
9. A Big Win for the Constitution & We The People - Speaker Paul Ryan
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) today (May 12) issued the following statement after a federal district judge ruled in House v. Burwell that the Obama administration unlawfully funded parts of Obamacare without an appropriation from Congress:
"This is an historic win for the Constitution and the American people. The court ruled that the administration overreached by spending taxpayer money without approval from the people's representatives. Here, the executive branch is being held accountable to We the People, and that's why this decision is very good news." (Read more here.)
- Father God, we thank You that this federal judge has ruled that, in the case cited, the Obama administration exercised an overreach of its power, and the Constitution has been upheld. Thank You for the House Speaker calling this to our attention, and we ask that this decision be upheld in a higher court should it be challenged. In Your Name, amen.
- "in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (I Thessalonians 5:18)
10. Putin says Russia will 'neutralise threats' after US opens missile base - BBC
President Vladimir Putin has escalated Russian criticism of a new US missile defence station in Romania, saying his country will "neutralise emerging threats". He argued it was aimed at weakening Russia's nuclear power and vowed to increase Russian defence spending.
US President Barack Obama voiced concern about Russia's "growing aggressive military presence". Nato says the base is aimed at potential threats from the Middle East. The US on Thursday activated the estimated $800 million missile shield in Deveselu, southern Romania.
Speaking to Russian officials in Moscow, Mr Putin said: "This is not a defence system. This is part of a US nuclear strategic potential brought on to a periphery. "In this case, Eastern Europe is such a periphery. Those people taking such decisions must know that until now they have lived calm, fairly well-off and in safety. "Now, as these elements of ballistic missile defence are deployed, we are forced to think how to neutralise the emerging threats to the Russian Federation."
Speaking later at a meeting of leaders of Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Iceland at the White House, Mr Obama said: "We are united in our concern about Russia's growing aggressive military presence and posture in the Baltic-Nordic region. We will be maintaining ongoing dialogue and seek cooperation with Russia, but we also want to make sure that we are prepared and strong, and we want to encourage Russia to keep its military activities in full compliance with international obligations," he said. (Read more)
- Father, we note that, although the national media made little of this five-nation conference of the Nordic states that was held in Washington on Friday, nevertheless, this was a "big deal." The flags of all those nations were flying briskly that day alongside our own, up and down Pennsylvania Avenue, and a State Dinner was held in their honor. Lord, we ask Your wisdom to rest upon this president as he attempts to strengthen an alliance with the Baltic/Nordic states in the face of Russia's recent sabre- rattling moves. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
Something to Watch . . .
Lawyer With Firm That Won Freddie Gray Settlement Is Next Obama Judge Up for Senate's OK
President Barack Obama has not been able to move his Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, through the Senate but Republicans continue to advance the president's lower court nominees.
The chamber on Monday is set to take up the nomination of Paula Xinis, a partner and senior trial attorney at Murphy, Falcon & Murphy-the Baltimore law firm that secured a $6.4 million settlement from the city of Baltimore in September in the wrongful death case of Freddie Gray.
If confirmed as a U.S. District Court judge for Maryland, Xinis, 47, could serve for life.
Though Senate Republican leadership has vowed to stop any Supreme Court nominees, they've promised to evaluate each of Obama's picks for federal circuit and district courts.
Obama nominated Xinis more than a year ago. She would be the second lower court nominee confirmed since Senate Republicans began their blockade of Supreme Court candidates after the Feb. 13 death of Justice Antonin Scalia, a conservative. (The Daily Signal) Read more.
A Word of Prophecy
A Word of Prophecy:
For the Watchmen in this Hour
Dream / Vision on 5/10/16
There was a large, very tall mountain that was very rocky . . . At the top of the mountain sat a two story house with a small front porch. To the right of the front of the house was a large 12 foot ravine filled with rushing water. I remember saying to myself, "I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy this because that could widen and overtake the house."
In front of the mountain was a large valley with rich green vegetation.
There were several people that had been sent to check on the condition of the house but something did not feel quite right so we began to check on the rest of the house.
( I believe these were intercessors )
As we stepped into the kitchen heavy rain had started to fall and looking up to one corner we noticed black spots on the ceiling and then dirty looking water started pouring in. . .
We next went into a bedroom and experienced the same black spots and dirty water. As we walked through the house every room was filled with these dark dirty spots in the corners.
It was at this time we began to feel the foundation of the house shaking violently like an earthquake. As we ran to the window to look out the mountain side was being consumed by what looked like a giant waterfall that was washing the house from its foundation. Once we realized what was happening we started crying out to God and then I woke up.
Needless to say, there was no sleep for me for awhile. For two days I pondered over this dream and knew that it was a warning from God . . .
[To read the interpretation of this vision, go here.]
A watchman in Lynchburg, VA
The Persecuted Church
40,000 Christians Persecuted By Muslims In Germany
A new study shows that potentially thousands of Christians have been attacked and harassed in German migrant homes by Muslim guards and fellow migrants.
Multiple human rights organizations are warning the German government of the conditions that Christians in asylum homes are being subjected to. One organization in particular has chronicled 231 specific cases of the harassment of Christians by Muslim migrants and Muslim security guards in asylum homes. (Breitbart) Read more here.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
LEAD ME, SAVIOR
"Lead me, O Lord." (Psalm 5:8)
Savior, lead me, lest I stray, Gently lead me all the way; I am safe when by Thy side, I would in Thy love abide.
Lead me, lead me, Savior, lead me lest I stray;
Gently down the stream of time,
Lead me, Savior, all the way.
Thou the refuge of my soul When life's stormy billows roll; I am safe when Thou art nigh, All my hopes on Thee rely.
Savior, lead me, then at last, When the storm of life is past, To the land of endless day, Where all tears are wiped away.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words & Music: Frank M. Davis, 1880
Davis wrote this song in August 1880, on a steamer in Chesapeake Bay, bound for Baltimore, Maryland. It was published in Bright Gems, compiled by S. B. Ellenberger, 1881.
Signs and Wonders
Nobody saw this volcano erupt . . . except NASA's satellites
For the first time in 60 years, Mount Sourabaya erupted with a spectacular show of fiery lava - in fact, it erupted twice. But there wasn't a single human soul who saw the eruptions live; nobody lives on the volcano's remote island in the South Atlantic Ocean, according to NASA Earth Observatory.
Instead, satellites captured images of the eruptions, which happened on April 24 and May 1, 2016, NASA reported.
Volcanic eruptions in far-flung places, such as the South Atlantic, used to go unnoticed. But the advent of satellites and seismic monitoring has given scientists new insight into volcanic events worldwide, NASA officials said.
"Today, scientists can pick up signatures of events occurring far from any human observers," NASA's Earth Observatory said in a statement. (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Medical Breakthrough: The Surgery-Free Operating Room of Tomorrow Is Here Today
Neurology and radiology experts at Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa used the Exablate Neuro system developed in Israel by Insightec. Guided by magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, they focused multiple ultrasonic beams of acoustic energy to heat and destroy target cells in the patient's thalamus.
Looking on in amazement from Tel Aviv, the conference attendees saw the 65-year-old baker - who had suffered tremors for a decade despite medication - walk out of the three-hour procedure, sit down and slice a celebratory cake to share with the neurology team.
"I wanted to cry, because I could not remember when I was able to drink a glass of water, and for the first time in over 10 years, I can finally return to serving people in my bakery," she said.
The first patient to get an Exablate Neuro treatment at the Haifa hospital is still without tremor two years later, said Rambam neurologist Ilana Schlesinger.
"I think it is the most gratifying and amazing treatment that exists," Schlesinger said. "Pre-treatment, all of our patients suffer from severe tremor and they all come out of the Exablate Neuro treatment without it. I call it magic." (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Worship With Us Today
Jesus at the Center
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.