CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Celebrating 68 Years Since
the Founding of the Nation of Israel!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)
Hezekiah Walker - "Every Praise"
Worship Him together . . . here . . .
United in the Kingdom of God . . . under the Cross of Christ
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Egypt pledges to uphold Palestinian cause as UNSC president - Times of Israel
Egypt will use its influence as chair of the UN Security Council in May to defend the interests of the Palestinian people, the presidency said on Monday.
The pledge, made during talks between President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, comes after France called for an international conference later this month to relaunch peace talks.
Palestinian-Israeli peace negotiations have been frozen since a US-brokered initiative collapsed in April 2014.
2. PA media presents 'proof' of 'Israeli incitement' -Israel National News
Official Palestinian Authority (PA) media incites to terrorism against Israelis on a regular basis, but that didn't stop the PA-based Wafa news agency from publishing a report about alleged "Israeli incitement" against Palestinians in the Israeli media.
The report, which covers the period from April 15 to 28, noted expressions of "incitement" in the NRG news website, the Israel Hayom newspaper, the Ma'ariv newspaper and Kikar HaShabbat news website.
3. Hamas still tunneling, Israel charges, despite IDF detection efforts - Times of Israel
A teen Hamas operative revealed "extensive information" about the terror organization's tunnels and plans for infiltrating Israel in order to carry out attacks, after he was arrested by security forces last month, the Shin Bet said Tuesday.
As of last month - before Israel announced it had discovered a tunnel in Israeli territory - the terror group was continuing to dig into Israel to carry out attacks despite Israeli efforts to detect and destroy the subterranean passageways, the Shin Bet security service said Tuesday, citing information gleaned from a captured Gazan teen involved in the tunneling project.
In his interrogation, the minor revealed "extensive information on Hamas activities to dig tunnels that are to be used for Hamas fighters to infiltrate Israeli areas," the Shin Bet said.
4. ISIS planning to attack Israel from Sinai - Israel Hayom
The Israeli military is concerned that the Islamic State group is planning a large-scale attack against Israel from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, Germany's Bild newspaper reported on Sunday, citing an IDF officer.
Sinai has become an Islamic State stronghold in recent years. According to the Bild report, there could be hundreds of Islamic State operatives currently training in Sinai and awaiting an order to strike Israel.
5. Israel turns 68 with 8.5 million people, 10 times more than in 1948 - Times of Israel
Israel's Independence Day begins with celebrations on Wednesday night, as the country transitions from Memorial Day - 24 hours of mourning for its fallen soldiers and terror victims.
On the eve of Israel's 68th birthday, the country's population stands at 8,522,000, according to figures released Monday by the Central Bureau of Statistics.
There are 6,377,000 Jewish Israelis, 74.8% of the total population, and 1,771,000 Arab Israelis, 20.8% of the population, the bureau said. Christians, non-Arabs, and other minority groups account for 374,000 people, or 4.4% of the population.
By comparison, the nascent State of Israel had a population of just 806,000 in 1948. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. U.S. Warship Challenges China's Claims in South China Sea - Bloomberg
The U.S. Navy sent its third warship in less than seven months into waters of the South China Sea claimed by China as tensions rise ahead of an international court's ruling on the territorial dispute.
The USS William P. Lawrence, a guided-missile destroyer, on Tuesday sailed within the 12-nautical-mile territorial zone around Fiery Cross Reef, a feature in the Spratly Islands where China has dumped hundreds of thousands of tons of sand and coral to create an island on which it has built an airstrip. The transit was a "freedom-of-navigation" operation by the U.S. military to demonstrate the right to fly and sail through what it considers international waters and airspace.
The reef is also claimed by the Philippines, which is contesting China's claim to more than 80 percent of the South China Sea based on a 1947 Chinese map known as the nine-dash line, along with reefs and atolls in the waters. An arbitration tribunal hearing the case under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea is expected to make a ruling by mid-2016. China has refused to participate in the arbitration, arguing that the tribunal lacks jurisdiction and that such disputes should be settled bilaterally. (Read more)
- Father, we are obviously in a struggle of "saber rattling" with China, designed to intimidate both sides. We ask that these tensions would not escalate, and we speak peace and truth to all involved in this struggle. We come against the spirits of pride, and intimidation, and ask for a return to sanity for both sides. May any disputes be resolved outside the political rhetoric and arena. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
"How terrible it will be for those who try to hide things from the Lord and who do their work in darkness. They think no one will see them or know what they do. You are confused. You think the clay is equal to the potter. You think that an object can tell the one who made it, 'You didn't make me'. This is like a pot telling its maker, 'You don't know anything'." (Isaiah 29:15,16)
2. Baghdad Trying to Stagger Out of Political Crisis - VOA
Although protesters demanding political reform have retreated from Baghdad's streets, the underlying challenge to Iraq's leadership and stability is not over.
Negotiations between the country's highly polarized political factions have failed to produce solutions, and its parliament is now so fractured that it cannot even gather a quorum. Talks of replacing the government with a transitional cabinet are in the air.
"The country's political situation is an absolute mess," Iraq's former national security adviser and member of parliament, Mowaffak al-Rubaie told VOA.
The crisis came to a boil two weeks ago when protesters led by Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr stormed into the parliament building in the capital's fortified International zone, demanding government reform. (Read more)
> > > See also: Car bombing at Baghdad market kills dozens - BBC
For details, go here.
- Lord, we ask that Iraq's government would reach a place of peaceful solidarity, avoiding upheaval and possible war in that region. We ask that You send well-respected people to speak sanity and solidarity to both factions, that they may join forces in establishing what is best for their nation and its people. Amen.
- "The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted.The Lord of hosts is with us; The Lord of Hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah" (Psalm 46:6)
3. Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an entire nation - The Mirror UK
Russia is preparing to test-fire a nuclear weapon which is so powerful it could reportedly destroy a whole country in seconds.
The "Satan 2" missile is rumored to be the most powerful ever designed and is equipped with stealth technology to help it dodge enemy radar systems. This terrifying doomsday weapon is likely to strike fear into the hearts of Western military chiefs, as current missile defense technology is totally incapable of stopping it.
Its official name is the RS-28 Sarmat and it will replace aging Soviet R-36M missiles, which NATO military experts nicknamed "Satan". (Read more)
- Abba, this news is very disconcerting, and raises the possibility of mankind annihilating themselves with such weapons. It certainly seems that Your return must be imminent lest we all "blow ourselves up". We, again, look to You as our Source of Life, and all that pertains to it. You are our Rock, Stability, and Sanity in an insane world. We come against a spirit of fear regarding Western military chiefs, and a spirit of power and dominion on Russia's part. We thank You that You are Lord of the nations, and we put our trust in You alone. Our times are, indeed, in Your hands. Protect us, we pray, Amen.
- "And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who was riding it is called Faithful and True (trustworthy, loyal, incorruptible, steady), and in righteousness He judges and wages war on the rebellious nations. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many royal crowns; and He has a name inscribed on Him which no one knows or understands except Himself." (Revelation 19:10-12)
4. Obama to make historic visit to Hiroshima - Yahoo News
President Obama will visit Hiroshima when he travels to Japan this month for a summit of key industrialized nations, the White House announced Tuesday. It will be the first visit to the city by a sitting president since World War II, but the Obama administration said he will not apologize for the decision to destroy that city with an atomic bomb. (Read more)
- Lord of the nations, we ask that this trip to Hiroshima will be covered by the blood of Jesus. We ask for protection of our president, and we pray that only wisdom will come out of his mouth. We ask that this trip will be used by You for good for our nation, and for Japan. We thank You for this opportunity, and we do pray that our president will not apologize to Japan for our bombing of Hiroshima in WWII, although horrible in its effects, it did ultimately bring peace to our countries. In Your Name, we pray against any thoughts or acts of vengeance or retribution by either nation. Amen.
- "Then this city will bring Me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it." (Jeremiah 33:10)
5. Iranian Admiral Threatens to 'Drown' U.S. Warships in Persian Gulf - Breitbart
Iran would drown U.S. warships if they pose a threat to the Middle Eastern country, warns a commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy.
'Wherever the Americans look in the Persian Gulf, they will see us,' said Rear Adm. Ali Fadavi, commander of the IRGC Navy, on Monday night, according to Iran's state-controlled media.
'They know that if they commit the slightest mistake, we will drown their vessels in the Persian Gulf, the Strait of Hormuz, or the Sea of Oman,' he added. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask for Your hand of mercy to yet rest upon our nation, even in our fallen state. We ask Your protection from the threats of the Iranian military. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support." (Psalm 18:16-18)
6. Feds Promote Rainbow Badges for Teachers, Staff at Public Schools to Identify as LGBT 'Allies' - CNS News
The federal government's anti-bullying website posted a blog last month touting the OUT for Safe Schools program started by homosexual activists in the Los Angeles, Calif., public schools where "rainbow badges" are worn by teachers and staff to identify them as "allies" of lesbian, gay, bi-sexual or transgender students.' (Read more)
- Father, we are saddened to see how both the gay community and the public education systems in Los Angeles are working together to indoctrinate our children into believing that aberrant behavior is "normal and acceptable". Forgive us, Lord, for endangering these children and their minds as these "alternative lifestyles" are fostered upon them. We put the blood of Jesus over these children, and ask for Your protection over them. Help them to realize there is a Creator, Who, in His wisdom, created them male and female and desires them to live accordingly. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers---and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which He entrusted to me." (I Timothy 1:9-11)
7. Okla. gov declares state of emergency after tornadoes, strong storms kill 2 - Fox News
Oklahoma's governor declared a state of emergency Tuesday evening for 15 counties that were affected by a mix of tornadoes, flooding and severe storms that caused two deaths and destroyed homes on Monday.
Gov. Mary Fallin's order will permit state agencies to make emergency purchases and acquisitions to expedite the delivery of resources to affected communities. . .
Another storm system should bring storms to the area from north Texas to near St. Louis on Wednesday. (Read more)
- Father, we ask Your comfort to be with the two families who lost loved ones in last night's storms, and we continue to pray for protection tonight as these storms continue to roll across north Texas and into Missouri. Help us, O Lord we pray, amen.
- "For You have been a defense for the helpless, A defense for the needy in his distress, A refuge from the storm . . ." (Isaiah 25:4)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Over the Hillary above the law to the White House we go
The Washington Post Tuesday predicted that Hillary Clinton will get away with having her State Department email server with top secret and classified emails in her home. The Post says that "so far investigators have found scant evidence tying Clinton to criminal wrongdoing." Federal employees who handle classified information have told The Daily Jot that they would be in jail if they did what Clinton did. Clinton is the cat with more than nine lives surviving dozens of scandals. From Whitewater to insider trading of pork bellies to Travelgate to Vince Foster to Clinton Foundation money laundering to Benghazi to the email server, Clinton escaped prosecution. But her Teflon slickness may not be just happenstance.
The Washington Free Beacon revealed an interesting fact about Clinton's campaign contributions. About $75,000 have poured into Clinton's campaign coffers from employees at the very agency in charge of deciding whether there should be charges filed against Clinton. Justice Department employees have donated an actual $73,437, 12 of those donations were $2,700, the maximum individual amount allowed by law. Now that may not sound like much, but compared to her comrade Bernie Sanders, who only received $8,900 from Justice Department employees, it's a lot. Even more when one considers that Donald Trump only received $381 from Justice Department employees. What does this tell us?
At the very least, Clinton has some friends in high places at the Justice Department. So much so that eyebrows have been raised among Washington watchdog groups. President of the watchdog group Citizens United, David Bossie, told the Washington Free Beacon, "I'm not surprised in the least to see more evidence that shows the politicization of the Justice Department...How can Democrat political appointees fairly investigate someone who is about to become their nominee for president? That's why last July I called on Attorney General Lynch to appoint an impartial special counsel to investigate the private Clinton email server." More DC insiders are jumping on the bandwagon for an independent counsel.
The Free Beacon says that former US Attorney Matthew Whitaker, who directs the watchdog group Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust, also called for a special counsel to investigate Hillary Clinton. But the Washington Post thinks Clinton will walk free. It is like the burden of Habakkuk 1:3-4 is upon us, "For plundering and violence are before me: and there are those that raise up strife and contention. Therefore the law is slacked, and justice does never go forth: for the wicked does surround the righteous; therefore perverse judgment proceeds." Over on the Hill, Hillary appears to be above the law. The ballot may be the only justice she receives, if that is even an accurate measure of the people's will these days.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Tomorrow's Meeting: Ryan and Trump
Tomorrow's Meeting: Ryan and Trump
Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump is set to meet tomorrow with Speaker Paul Ryan and other GOP congressional leaders in Washington, D.C., in an effort to unify the party. Yesterday, both sides were saying the right things.
Ryan, who has so far withheld his endorsement of Trump, told the Wall Street Journal's Gerald Seib, "What I want to see is all conservatives rally together to win this election and defeat Hillary Clinton and make sure we put conservatives on the Supreme Court, make sure we keep Congress."
Certainly no conservative can disagree with anything there. (Gary Bauer)
Read more here.
Update from PrayerSurgeNow
Update from PrayerSurgeNow
To read about the conference calls now being hosted by PrayerSurgeNow, please go here.
Ramadan Prayer 2016
Ramadan Prayer 2016
Monday, June 6 - Tuesday, July 5
Prayer for Muslims has increased tremendously in the past 20-25 years. What is the fruit of all of our prayers?
Along the Mediterranean -- A Christian revival is touching the northernmost reaches of Africa. In a region once hostile to the Gospel, now tens of thousands of Muslims are converting to faith in Jesus Christ in record numbers. "What God is doing in North Africa, all the way from actually Mauritanian to Libya, is unprecedented in the history of missions," said Tino Qahoush, a graduate of Regent University and filmmaker. (Read more)
The Underground Revival In The Middle East That Might Take Down Islam
Reliable reports suggest more Muslims have become followers of Jesus over the last two decades than in Islam's combined 1,500-year history. Based on the accounts of several missiologists, it has been surmised that "more Muslims have committed to follow Christ in the last 10 years than in the last 15 centuries of Islam." In spite of great difficulty and turmoil, Christianity is unquestionably expanding throughout the Islamic world. God is up to something amazing in a region that many have thought was unreachable. (Read more)
Joel Rosenberg's Insights Into the Middle-Eastern Revival
"Senior Pakistani Christian leaders tell me there is a 'conversion explosion' going on in their country. There are now an estimated 2.5 million to 3 million born-again Pakistani believers worshiping Jesus Christ. Whole towns and villages along the Afghan-Pakistani border are . . . converting to Christianity."
This Islamic country is not alone, many others in this region are having similar things take place!
We are grateful that God is moving powerfully today in the lives of Muslims! Will you join this movement and pray for the salvation of the Muslim people during Ramadan?
For Ramadan information, you are encouraged to visit www.30daysprayer.com. This website is an excellent resource for teaching articles online and specific daily prayers.
> > > Read more here.
(Source: AGLOW International)
The Persecuted Church
'Life is horrible': Syria's Christians fear total genocide
Chilling new insight into genocide being carried out by ISIS
Only a handful of mostly sick or elderly Christians remain in the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa, and Syrian Christians fear the forces that have brought that city's population of Gospel followers to the brink of extinction could do the same for the entire nation.
An estimated dozen Christian families are still in the northern city, forced under threat of execution to convert, pay an "infidel" tax or go into hiding. Forbidden from leaving, they also face death from attacks directed at ISIS by Damascus, Russia and the U.S.-led Western coalition.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
WE'RE MARCHING TO ZION
- "Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion." (Jeremiah 31:6)
Come, we that love the Lord,
And let our joys be known;
Join in a song with sweet accord,
Join in a song with sweet accord
And thus surround the throne,
And thus surround the throne.
We're marching to Zion,
Beautiful, beautiful Zion;
We're marching upward to Zion,
The beautiful city of God.
The hill of Zion yields
A thousand sacred sweets
Before we reach the heav'nly fields,
Before we reach the heav'nly fields,
Or walk the golden streets,
Or walk the golden streets.
Then let our songs abound,
And every tear be dry;
We're marching through Immanuel's ground,
We're marching through Immanuel's ground,
To fairer worlds on high,
To fairer worlds on high.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Isaac Watts, 1707
Music: Robert Lowry, 1867
About the Hymn:
We offer this hymn tonight in honor of the 68th Anniversary of the Founding of the State of Israel. Shalom!
Signs and Wonders
Sangay volcano in Ecuador erupts to 25,000ft
To read this Volcanic Ash Advisory from NOAA, please go here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
"Great Signs of Revival" in London says This Christian Leader
"Europe is in the world's view perhaps more than it has been in decades, with the migrant crisis and terrorist attacks. We're praying for God to do something fresh in Europe today."
London)-[Charisma News] Spirit-filled Believers from around the world will gather in London next week for the Empowered21 European Congress.
The European Congress, also referred to as "London 2016," will take place in the historic Gaumont State Theater from May 11-13-just a few days before Pentecost. The conference will host famous Spirit-filled speakers and artists like Samuel Rodriguez Jr., Cindy Jacobs, George O. Wood, Steve Strang, Phil Cooke and Marilyn Hickey.
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.