CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Giving thanks across the nation
Hosted by: Prayer Surge NOW!
For details please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise."
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
GOD SENDS A SIGN OF LIFE IN THE SKIES OVER ISRAEL
Amazing. Above Israel, "Chai" shines -- the Hebrew symbol of life!
1. Ministers approve lowering minimum incarceration age to 12 - Times of Israel
The Ministerial Committee for Legislation on Sunday approved a bill that would lower the minimum incarceration age for young offenders charged with terrorism from 14 to 12.
According to the legislation, proposed by Likud Knesset Member Anat Berko, the juvenile offenders would be interned in a youth facility until the age of 14, at which point they would be transferred to prison. Prison sentences could also be imposed on children under 14 if they are convicted of murder, attempted murder or manslaughter, states the bill, which has yet to be approved by the Knesset.
The legislative initiative gained traction after young Palestinian teenagers perpetrated stabbing attacks against Israelis in two separate incidents last month. (Read more)
2. IDF soldier stabbed and killed in terror attack on Route 443, north of Jerusalem - Jerusalem Post
An IDF soldier was stabbed to death in a terror attack at a gas station on Route 443, north of Jerusalem on Monday. The victim was identified as 18-year-old Private Ziv Mizrahi from Givat Ze'ev. Ze'ev was a driver in a unit that operates surveillance balloons. MDA paramedics also treated a woman in her twenties, a soldier as well, who suffered light injuries. (Read more)
3. Taking him for Israeli, Palestinian girls stab Arab in Jerusalem - Times of Israel
Two people were lightly injured during a stabbing attack near Jerusalem's Mahane Yehuda market on Monday morning, officials said.
Two Arab female teens identified as attackers were shot after slashing at people near the busy outdoor market with scissors, according to police.
One victim was identified as a 70-year-old Palestinian resident of Bethlehem with stab wounds to his upper body. (Read more)
4. Rocket fired from Gaza hits Eshkol region - Israel National News
A rocket fired by Arab terrorists in Gaza hit open ground in the Eshkol Regional Council area slightly before 7 a.m. on Monday morning. No one was wounded in the attack and no damage was caused.
The "color red" rocket warning siren was not activated, apparently due to the fact that the system estimated the rocket would fall in open ground and did not pose a threat. (Read more)
5. Shaked: Enter the Palestinian villages and clean out the weapons - Israel National News
Israel must fight the latest wave of terrorism by extending its military operation and sending ground troops into the Palestinian Arab villages in Judea and Samaria, Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said Sunday.
"It will not be enough only to surround the villages, but we think that in the end will also need to enter a number of areas and villages and clean them out from weapons," Shaked told Army Radio. "While the latest attack was carried out with a knife, they also have numerous weapons and we must start talking about and planning a wide-scale operation in the same space."
"In additions to demolishing terrorists' homes, we need to operate large forces in the Hevron area. The residents of Hevron and Gush Etzion feel like they are under a war," she added. (Read more)
6. Netanyahu: Israelis joining ISIS will lose citizenship - Jerusalem Post
Anyone joining Islamic State will forfeit their Israeli citizenship, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced at Sunday's cabinet meeting.
Netanyahu, who told ministers that indictments were filed last week against citizens planning to join the terrorist group, added that he has asked Attorney-General Yehuda Weinstein to advance steps to revoke their citizenship as well.
"Whoever joins ISIS will not be an Israeli citizen. And if he leaves the borders of the state, he will not return. I think this lesson is becoming increasingly clear throughout the international arena, and it is fitting that we lead this effort as well," Netanyahu said. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Worldwide travel alert: State Department issues warning for Americans amid increased terror threat - U.S. State Department
The State Department alerts U.S. citizens to possible risks of travel due to increased terrorist threats. Current information suggests that ISIL (aka Da'esh), al-Qa'ida, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions. These attacks may employ a wide variety of tactics, using conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests. This Travel Alert expires on February 24, 2016.
Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIL/Da'esh return from Syria and Iraq. Additionally, there is a continuing threat from unaffiliated persons planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations but conducted on an individual basis. Extremists have targeted large sporting events, theatres, open markets, and aviation services. In the past year, there have been multiple attacks in France, Nigeria, Denmark, Turkey, and Mali. ISIL/Da'esh has claimed responsibility for the bombing of a Russian airliner in Egypt. (Read more)
- Father God, as the war in the heavenlies has now intensified at the global level, we entrust our safety to Your Hands, Holy One, for only our Omnipotent God can save us now. Thank You, Father, in Jesus name, amen and amen.
- Psalm 91:11, as shown at the top of this edition of the Daily Brief: Angelic reinforcements are on the way!
2. France strikes IS group targets in Iraq from Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier - France24
France has launched its first strikes against the Islamic State (IS) group in Iraq from its newly deployed Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier, as British PM David Cameron met with French President François Hollande in Paris.
Cameron offered France the use of a British airbase in Cyprus as he voiced his support for French strikes against the IS group in Iraq and Syria during a joint press conference with Hollande. The two leaders also visited the Bataclan concert hall in honour of the victims of the November 13 attacks in Paris, which claimed the lives of 130 people.
- Lord God, we rejoice when we see the nations joining forces to fight evil anywhere . . . and in this case, ISIS. Hallelujah, Lord! Please keep these brave fighters safe in the shelter of Your arms as they go forth into battle. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen and amen.
- "Do not be discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15)
3. Beleaguered Christian army pleads for U.S. military aid to defend land against ISIS - Christian Today
A small beleaguered group of battle-tested Christian fighters in Iraq is pleading for U.S. military assistance as it has run out of weapons and ammunition to fight the advancing horde of Islamic State (ISIS) barbarians out to seize its enclave in the Ninevah Plains.
Speaking to WND and Radio America, Assyrian Military Forces commander Emanuel Khoshaba said the Assyrian Christians who live in the area face genocide from ISIS militants if they don't get military supplies soon. "We can face IS without any fear. We can fight them if we have the support," Khoshaba said. However, right now they could not fight effectively because of lack of weapons.
To those who doubt their capability, Khoshaba assured that he and his men will not be like the Iraqi forces who quickly retreated upon seeing ISIS militants from a distance, giving up their U.S.-supplied weapons and equipment. "This is the difference," he said. "We fight for our land. We are fighting for our historical land. We are fighting for our village, for our cities, for our future." (Read more)
- Father God, we repent in sackcloth and ashes that our nation has done nothing to arm these brave brothers in Christ as they are fighting to save their land from the advancing forces of ISIS. Lord God, we know that ISIS is certainly driven by demons; and we cry out that every type of armament requested by the Christians in Iraq be given to them, without question. Have mercy, O Lord, we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- " . . . if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:18)
4. Britain to dedicate 10,000 elite troops to fight ISIS terror threat amid fears of decade-long campaign - The Mirror UK
Two new 5,000-strong strike forces will be formed to take on Islamic State terrorists, David Cameron announces today. He will put £12billion aside to create our fastest-ever rapid reaction troops as fears grow of a 10-year campaign. New military hardware is "vital" at a time "when the threats to our country are growing", Cameron said citing the rise of IS as a major reason for the additional purchases.
The Prime Minister added: "We cannot choose between conventional defences against state-based threats and the need to counter threats that do not recognise national borders. "Today we face both and we must respond to both." (Read more)
- We rejoice to see a country getting ready to properly fight an enemy who is trying to infiltrate Britain with men trained in jihad in a foreign county. We pray great success for Great Britain in its war efforts and ask our Mighty Lord to move on our own leaders to dedicate proper resources to eliminate this danger to Western civilization and Christianity in particular.
- "But I will sing of thy power, yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of trouble." (Psalms 59:16)
5. 'Sophisticated network' of radical mosques in U.S - WND
Aspire 'to implement Shariah governance, establish a global Islamic caliphate'
There are more than 80 radical mosques in the U.S., according to the Clarion Project, a non-profit group that describes itself as "dedicated to exposing the dangers of Islamist extremism."
"Islamist extremists have developed a sophisticated network of interconnected organizations across America," according to Clarion. "The common thread among these organizations is their ideology of political Islam, which aspires to implement Shariah governance and to establish a global Islamic caliphate."
Using Clarion's definitions, The Daily Caller News Foundation has mapped these radical mosques in an effort to aid readers seeking to understand the extent of radical Islamic voices in this country. These mosques or their leading clerics have radicalized attendees to become terrorists, supported terrorist organizations, made radical Islamist remarks or hosted others that have, or are financially backed by radical individuals or organizations. The map includes 83 - or nearly 4 percent - of the 2,106 mosques in the United States as of 2010. (Read more)
- Our Father in Heaven, we cry out to you for the implementation of action on the part of our government concerning radicalized mosques that have been growing in numbers and influence in our nation. We bind up politically correct blindness in our leaders concerning these dangerous centers of anti-Christian sentiment and call all the plans to of the radicals to naught against our Judeo-Christian country. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "Look, I have given you power over all the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you." (Luke 10:19)
6. FBI Has Nearly 1,000 Active ISIS Probes Inside U.S. - Judicial Watch
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has nearly 1,000 active probes involving the terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) inside the United States, dozens of law enforcement officials disclose in a letter to President Obama. The big question is what will the government do with the remaining captives, indisputably the world's most dangerous terrorists? Just a few weeks ago Obama's Defense Secretary said that around half of the remaining 112 prisoners at Gitmo must be locked up "indefinitely." They include 9/11 masterminds Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM), Ramzi Binalshibh, Ali Abdul Aziz Ali and Mustafa Ahmed Adam al Hawsawi as well as Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, the Al-Qaeda terrorist charged with orchestrating the 2000 attack on the Navy destroyer USS Cole. (Read more)
- Lord we ask for Your wisdom to guide those in authority as they seek to determine the fate of the remaining ISIS terrorists in our nation, and to investigate known terrorist cells. Let all their strategies be guided by You, Lord, as these agents work to safeguard our nation from terrorist attacks. In Jesus name, amen and amen.
- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. " (Psalm 32:8)
7. Visiting Tehran, Putin begins transfer of S-300 - Israel National News
Russia's President Vladimir Putin approved a plan on Monday to begin the transfer of the advanced S300 anti-aircraft system to Iran as he attended talks with leaders in Tehran. Several Iranian media outlets quoted the Iranian ambassador to Moscow as saying that the transfer of the weapons system had begun.
The talks were expected to focus on the Syrian crisis and an international peace plan to end the conflict. Moscow and Tehran concluded negotiations on the delivery of the Russia's long-range S-300 surface-to-air missile system to Iran in May, but a delivery date was never stated publicly. (Read more)
- Lord God, as we see Russia actively working now to arm Iran -- a sworn enemy of Israel and of the United States -- in the natural, we cringe at this news. But Abba God, we know that You are in control, and that You are the governor of the nations. We thank You that these talks now happening between Iran and Russia are only those that are governed by Your Hand. Thank You, Lord, that we can rest our cares upon You, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." (Psalm 55:22)
8. Iran and Russia vow to oppose attempts to dump Assad - Israel National News
Russia and Iran will jointly oppose "external attempts" at regime change in Syria, a Kremlin official said Monday in Tehran after President Vladimir Putin met supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
The comments were a direct rebuff of repeated demands from the United States, France, Britain and Saudi Arabia that President Bashar Al-Assad should step down and play no future role in war-torn Syria.
On his first trip to Iran in eight years, Putin, accompanied by his Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, went straight into a meeting with Khamenei, the Islamic Republic's ultimate authority. Describing the 90-minute encounter as "quite constructive" and longer than planned, a Kremlin spokesman said the two countries had "unity of views" on Syria. (Read more)
- Lord God, the situation inside Syria remains so complex; and only You know the destiny You have in mind for these people and for its president. We pray in the Spirit over this report, leaving this matter entirely in Your hands. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people."
9. Anti-Israel UN resolutions expected to pass - Israel National News
A number of anti-Israeli resolutions are expected to pass on Monday at the United Nations ahead of next week's anniversary of the 1947 UN vote to partition the British Mandate of Palestine into two states. Twenty resolutions are to be proposed at the meeting, including ones calling for the Palestinian right of return, placing responsibility for terror on Israel while disregarding the terrorism in Israel in recent weeks, and accusing Israel of changing the status quo at the Temple Mount compound.
The decisions are expected to pass with an automatic majority based on Muslim and unaligned nations. Israel's ambassador to the UN, Danny Danon, has been conducting a diplomatic offensive to rally major democratic nations to refrain from supporting the moves against Israel. "Instead of condemning Palestinians for terror, incitement, and lies, the international continues to give them concessions and rewards," Danon told Ynet. He added that the resolutions are to be brought to a vote without mentioning the 174 terror attacks committed by Palestinians in recent weeks. (Read more)
- Oh, no! Lord! We strongly come against this treacherous move by the UN to lie about Israel and act favorably for the "Palestinians." We call off the total blindness to the reality of "Palestinian" terror groups and pray that the veil of lies covering their terroristic actions will completely fall away. Bless You, Father, for coming to the defense of Israel, the only true democracy in the Middle East.
- "For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue has muttered perversity." (Isaiah 59:3)
10. Israeli Teen Returns from 15 Minutes of Clinical Death with Spiritual Messages Concerning the Coming Redemption - Breaking Israel News
As 15-year-old secular Israeli boy named Natan had a near death experience on Monday, September 28, 2015 and returned to life describing Biblical prophecies about the End of Days.In a video posted on YouTube, Natan is shown speaking to an Orthodox Jewish audience in a synagogue in Israel, just days after his near death experience. He relates his understanding of what was revealed to him in the next world during the 15 minutes that he was pronounced clinically dead.
Natan's near death experience happened on the first night of this past Sukkot, which was also the night of the final Blood Moon. At the home of his uncle, where he went to visit for the holiday, Natan began feeling unwell. He described suddenly shivering and felt cold in his arms and legs. Natan decided to go and rest and, in those moments, felt his soul exit his body through his nose.
. . . The release of the video has caused two types of major reactions - amazement mixed with fear or incredulity and denial. Susan Constantine is a world renowned body language expert specializing in deception detection. She has appeared as an expert on television and radio shows and in print publications in the US and abroad over 1,000 times. She reviewed the video at the request of a client.
Although she is not an expert in the Jewish content of Natan's testimony, Constantine verified the credibility of Natan's presentation. In a statement she provided to Breaking Israel News, Constantine asserted, "I have reviewed the entire video and it is my professional opinion the boy Natan truthfully believes he experienced a visitation in heaven and was not being deceptive." (Read more)
- "Who is like the wise man, and who knows the meaning of a thing? A man's wisdom makes his face shine, and the boldness of his face is changed." (Ecclesiastes 8:1)
The Daily Jot
Monday, November 23, 2015
Preparing for Thanksgiving
Across the United States, Americans are preparing for the holiday of Thanksgiving, except that many do not know exactly why we celebrate this wonderful day, and many others believe it is a day of sorrow. Anything in American culture that would portray people in a reverent and humble position toward God Almighty is subject to criticism and Thanksgiving is not exempt. Every year, the godless seek to chip away at the history of this blessed holiday that reminds us as a nation of our roots in thanking God for His many benefits. For example, in 2007 the Seattle Public School system attacked Thanksgiving by instructing its staff to deconstruct Thanksgiving by using a bitter account by a native American advocacy group.
In a letter to Seattle Public School staff, Caprice D. Hollins, the Director of Equity, Race and Learning Support, along with two representatives of Native American Education, directed the staff to the Oyate Web page entitled "Deconstructing the Myths of the First Thanksgiving." The letter says the website "offers suggestions on ways to be sensitive of diverse experiences and perspectives and still make the holiday meaningful for all students. Here you will discover ways to help you and your students think critically, and find resources where you can learn about Thanksgiving from a Native American perspective. Eleven myths are identified about Thanksgiving, take a look at #11 and begin your own deconstruction."
This 2007 website and it's 11 so-called "myths" hardly documented anything from the true historic account of the Plymouth Plantation, written by Mayflower passenger William Bradford, who is considered the nation's first historian. The myths were a collection of bitter politically correct drivel. Myth number 11 recounted as fact: "For many Indian people, "Thanksgiving" is a time of mourning, of remembering how a gift of generosity was rewarded by theft of land and seed corn, extermination of many from disease and gun, and near total destruction of many more from forced assimilation. As currently celebrated in this country, "Thanksgiving" is a bitter reminder of 500 years of betrayal returned for friendship."
In "Of Plymouth Plantation," Bradford writes of how the Indians stole tools from the settlers and after an English speaking Indian named Samoset came to their camp, they became friends, the tools were returned and "With him, after friendly entertainment and some gifts, they made a peace which has now continued for twenty-four years." The peace agreement set forth how the Pilgrims and the Indians would help and protect each other by living in peace. The bitter politically correct crowd has it wrong. The first Thanksgiving, as it was then and is today, is a 1 Chronicles 16:34 day, "O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endures for ever." And don't let the lies of deceivers spoil it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Another Administration Scandal
Another Administration Scandal
The New York Times reported this weekend that "the Pentagon inspector general seized a large trove of emails and documents from military servers" recently. No, this has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton, Benghazi, the IRS, EPA or the VA.
This latest email scandal is about allegations from senior analysts that intelligence on ISIS was intentionally distorted in order to more closely resemble the Obama Administration's rosy scenarios.
In other words, as the president kept insisting that Al Qaeda was decimated and on the run, that ISIS was a "junior varsity team," that it was "contained" and that we did not need troops on the ground or a more aggressive air campaign, the military brass knew what the White House wanted to hear and it allegedly altered intelligence reports accordingly to fit the administration's narrative.
We reported on this revelation several months ago when the story first broke. Members of Congress are also looking into the reports of manipulated intelligence. According to the New York Times, they had expected the Pentagon's investigation to be wrapped up by now. But the problem may be far worse than initially believed, and the investigation may continue well into 2016. (Gary Bauer)
See Also: "Pentagon Expands Inquiry Into Intelligence on ISIS Surge." (New York Times) Read here.
Australian Bishops Face Lawsuit for Distributing Traditional Marriage Booklet
Australian bishops are under fire from the members of the country's gay marriage political movement after they distributed a booklet that supported traditional marriage.
Charisma News reports the booklet, titled "Don't Mess with Marriage" was distributed nationwide. Additionally, the archbishop of Hobart, Julian Porteous sent the booklet home to parents of Catholic school children in Tasmania.
The Daily Signal writer Lyle Shelton said the booklet maintained a respectful tone toward individuals with same-sex attraction.
This is what "Don't Mess with Marriage" said about traditional marriages: "Their physical, spiritual, psychological and sexual differences show they are meant for each other, their union makes them whole, and through their union 'in one flesh,' they together beget children who are 'flesh of their flesh.'"
The distribution of "Don't Mess with Marriage" outraged Rodney Croome, the leader of Australia's gay marriage political movement. Croome claimed that the bishops had turned the children into "couriers of prejudice" by giving them copies of the booklet.
Left wing Australian Greens party politician Martine Delany has filed a complaint in response to the incident. The Catholic Bishops' Conference have 21 days to respond to the complaint which will likely go to the Tasmanian Supreme Court. (Christian Headlines)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
LOVE DIVINE, ALL LOVES EXCELLING
"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him."
(1 John 4:16)
Love divine, all loves excelling, Joy of heaven to earth come down; Fix in us thy humble dwelling; All thy faithful mercies crown! Jesus, Thou art all compassion, Pure unbounded love Thou art; Visit us with Thy salvation; Enter every trembling heart.
Breathe, O breathe Thy loving Spirit, Into every troubled breast! Let us all in Thee inherit; Let us find that second rest. Take away our bent to sinning; Alpha and Omega be; End of faith, as its Beginning, Set our hearts at liberty.
Come, Almighty to deliver, Let us all Thy life receive; Suddenly return and never, Never more Thy temples leave. Thee we would be always blessing, Serve Thee as Thy hosts above, Pray and praise Thee without ceasing, Glory in Thy perfect love.
Finish, then, Thy new creation; Pure and spotless let us be. Let us see Thy great salvation Perfectly restored in Thee; Changed from glory into glory, Till in heaven we take our place, Till we cast our crowns before Thee, Lost in wonder, love, and praise.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Charles Wesley, 1747
Music: John Zundel Beecher, 1870.
Signs and Wonders
6.2 magnitude quake rocks Pakistan, tremors felt in north India, Afghanistan and Tajikistan
The US Geological Survey is reporting that a magnitude 5.9 earthquake has hit northeastern Afghanistan near the border with Pakistan and Tajikistan. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
The earthquake was most strongly felt in Pakistan, a 6.2-magnitude quake shook Karachi and north-western areas of the country though there were no reports of casualties.
Sunday's earthquake comes nearly a month after a powerful 7.5 magnitude earthquake jolted Pakistan and northeastern Afghanistan on October 26, killing nearly 300 people. (Read more)
The Good News Corner
Despite ISIS Terror, the Church in Iraq and Syria Perseveres: "All Tangible Elements Have Disappeared, but the Body of Christ Still Functions"
Despite the Islamic State's attempts to destroy all evidence of Christianity in Iraq and Syria, the Church continues to function, serving as a tremendous source of encouragement and refuge to those displaced by terror.
A recent report from persecution watchdog, Open Doors USA, notes that over the past several years, numerous ancient church buildings and monasteries have been demolished one after another by ISIS militants. Additionally, hundreds of thousands of Christians have been driven from their homes and many others killed because of their faith. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Praise You, Jesus!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.