Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, November 24, 2015
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise."
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
GOD SENDS A SIGN OF LIFE IN THE SKIES OVER ISRAEL
Amazing. Above Israel, "Chai" shines -- the Hebrew symbol of life!
1. Hamas and Hezbollah leaders meet in Beirut to discuss Palestinian 'intifada' - Jerusalem Post
Hamas and Hezbollah officials discussed the latest developments in the Palestinian and Lebanese arenas in Beirut on Sunday, as well as ways of coordinating their moves against Islamic State.
Naim Qassem, deputy secretary-general of Hezbollah, received the Hamas delegation, headed by Musa Abu Marzouk, the deputy head of Hamas, and Osama Hamdan, who is in charge of external affairs in the Islamist movement.
The meeting also was also attended by the Hamas envoy to Lebanon, Ali Barakeh, and Hassan Haballah, who is in charge of the Palestinian "portfolio" in Hezbollah.(Read more)
2. IDF troops shoot at Palestinian rock throwers in West Bank - Times of Israel
IDF troops opened fire at a group of Palestinian youth throwing rocks at cars on Route 60 near Silwad in the West Bank on Saturday night, the army said.
After receiving reports of teenagers pelting passing cars with stones, the soldiers arrived to force them away. "The soldiers called for them to disperse, firing warning shots in the air," an IDF spokeswoman said.
When the youth ignored the soldiers warning shots, and continued throwing rocks at the passing vehicles, the troops fired at the rock throwers, who then fled the scene. (Read more)
3. Young Israeli woman killed in West Bank stabbing attack - Times of Israel
An Israeli woman was killed in a stabbing attack at the Gush Etzion Junction, near the West Bank settlements of Efrat and Alon Shvut, on Sunday afternoon.
The woman was administered emergency treatment at the scene before ambulances evacuated her to the Shaare Zedek Medical Center in nearby Jerusalem, where she was declared dead.
She was later named as Hadar Buchris, 21, of Safed. (Read more)
4. Kerry heads to Israel this week for talks on terror surge - Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry will visit the Middle East from Sunday to Tuesday, in a trip that will take him to Israel for the first time since the summer of 2014.
Kerry will travel to Abu Dhabi, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Ramallah, State Department spokesman John Kirby said in a statement Saturday, with Israeli-Palestinian violence, Syria and the Islamic State group all on the agenda.
"In Abu Dhabi, Secretary Kerry will meet with senior government officials to discuss a range of bilateral and regional political and security issues, with a focus on Syria," Kirby announced.
"While in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Ramallah, Secretary Kerry will discuss bilateral and regional security issues, including Syria and Daesh [IS], and continue discussions on stopping the violence in Israel, Jerusalem and the West Bank, and improving conditions on the ground."(Read more)
5. Abbas admits: 'I rejected Israeli offer of PA state' - Israel National News
For the first time, Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas has admitted that he rejected "out of hand" an Israeli offer for a PA state on nearly 95% of Judea and Samaria.
In 2008, then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert offered to agree to the creation of an independent PA state including all of Gaza, nearly all of Judea/Samaria, and parts of Israel - a total area equal to 99.5% of the size of Judea and Samaria. In addition, a tunnel would connect Judea/Samaria to Gaza, and the PA state would have its capital in eastern Jerusalem. Not only that: Olmert also agreed to the return of 5,000 Arab refugees from the 1948 War of Independence over five years.
Abbas never publicly admitted that he turned down this offer - until this past week.(Read more)
6. Anti-Israel events skyrocket on US campuses - Israel National News
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) released a new report on Wednesday detailing a significant increase in anti-Israel activity on American university campuses over the 2014-2015 academic year.
No fewer than 150 explicitly anti-Israel events were held in Fall 2015 alone, marking a noted increase from the 105 such events that took place in the same period during the previous year.
Universities were themselves complicit in the anti-Israel events, with at least 15 of the events being sponsored or co-sponsored by university departments at institutions including the University of California-Berkley, Drew University, and John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
At least 10% of the anti-Israel events were co-sponsored by student groups whose primary missions do not include a focus on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which ADL notes sends a message that the groups' missions are aligned. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You would pour out Your Holy Spirit on the hearts of these groups at the universities. We ask that You would tenderize their hearts so that they may feel Your love and that they would develop a love for Israel too. We pray against any anti-Semitism. Father, fill their hearts with Your Peace and bring unity to them. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
7. US anthropological group votes to boycott Israeli universities - Jerusalem Post
Members of the American Anthropological Association voted on Friday in favor of adopting a motion to boycott Israeli academic institutions.
The resolution, in favor of Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions, was approved by an overwhelming majority, 1040-36, of some 1,400 members of the association participating in its annual conference in Denver.
A final vote is set to take place in April, where more than 10,000 members will cast their vote on whether to officially adopt a boycott to refrain from formal collaborations with Israeli academic institutions, though not of individual academics. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for Your Hand of mercy and provision over these Israeli universities. We pray that no boycott, or weapon, formed against them shall prosper. We ask that You bless and prosper the universities throughout Israel. We also lift up all the members of the American Anthropological Association, and ask that You touch each of their hearts in a mighty way. We ask that You give them visitation, dreams, and revelation of who You are. We pray that they would have a change of heart before the final vote in April. Take the scales off their eyes, Father, in the name of Your Son, Yeshua, amen.
8. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Prayer Alert
To read this alert, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Belgian PM announces a 'serious and imminent' threat against Brussels - Fox News
Belgian authorities announced 16 more arrests as anti-terror raids continued Sunday.
Federal prosecutor Eric Van Der Sypt said that "no firemarms or explosives were discovered," in the 22 raids - 19 in Brussels and the three in Charleroi in the country's south. "The investigation continues," he said. A judge will decide Monday whether the 16 people will continue to be detained.
Salah Abdeslam, the only Paris terror attacker who survived, was not among the men captured. Officials believe Abdeslam drove three suicide bombers to the Stade de France for the attacks on Nov. 13 before he fled. One of Abdeslam's brothers blew himself up as part of the coordinated massacre that killed 130 people and wounded scores of others.
Officials announced Sunday that Brussels would remain on the highest state of alert into Monday due to a "serious and imminent" threat. Brussels, the Belgian capital where several of the Paris terrorists had connections, is on a heightened state of alert since the French attacks. (Read more)
- Father, we pray today for the nation of Belgium, as we did last week for France. We ask, dear Lord, that You would place your hand of protection over all of its citizens, even as news is coming forth that some of these ISIS terrorists are now being apprehended. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen and amen.
- "For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
2. Belgian authorities arrest 16 in anti-terror raids - Fox News
Belgium's prime minister said Sunday that the country's capital is maintaining the highest terror alert for a sustained "serious and imminent" threat. Schools and universities in Brussels will be closed, and the city's subway will remain shut down, government officials decided at a meeting of the country's National Security Council.
With one suspect in the Nov. 13 attacks in France last seen crossing into Belgium, officials in Brussels kept much of the city shut down during the weekend. Officials also recommended that sports competitions and all activities in public buildings be canceled, and malls and commercial centers closed.
"We fear an attack like in Paris, with several individuals, perhaps in several places," said Prime Minister Charles Michel, who chaired the meeting. Brussels was put on Level 4, the highest state of alert, while the rest of Belgium was on Level 3. (Read more)
- Lord God, thank You for this victory. We ask that ALL terror cells in Belgium be located and dismantled. We ask for grace to rest upon the people of Belgium as they remain in this state of high alert today. In Your name, amen.
- "Let their way be dark and slippery, With the angel of the Lord pursuing them. For without cause they hid their net for me; Without cause they dug a pit for my soul. Let destruction come upon him unawares, And let the net which he hid catch himself; Into that very destruction let him fall." (Psalm 35:6-8)
3. Obama said Sunday the Islamic State group "cannot strike a mortal blow" against the U.S., he warned about overreacting - AP
Trying to reassure a nation on edge, President Barack Obama said Sunday the Islamic State group "cannot strike a mortal blow" against the U.S., and he warned that overreacting to the Paris attacks would play into extremists' hands. "We will destroy this terrorist organization," he vowed.
Ending a trip to Asia, Obama implored Americans not to let the specter of terror cause them to compromise their values or change the way they live. "We do not succumb to fear," he said. "The most powerful tool we have to fight ISIL is to say that we're not afraid, to not elevate them, to somehow buy into their fantasy that they're doing something important," Obama said, using an acronym for the terrorist organization.(Read more)
- Lord God, the nation is "on edge" today because we are in touch with reality and with the news we do see on TV. No matter how smooth the words are of our head of state, we must be ready and prepared for what may yet come upon us.
We thank You, Lord, that even so, as Your children, we also turn to You for protection in this brewing storm. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." (Psalm 91:4)
4. U.S. pilots: Obama blocks 75% of ISIS strikes - WND
President Obama has given U.S. military pilots an impossible task: Wage a successful air war against an enemy hiding among civilians - without killing a single civilian. Pilots who have returned from deployments say Obama refuses to permit airstrikes 75 percent of the time against the Islamic State group.
"You went 12 full months while ISIS was on the march without the U.S. using that air power and now as the pilots come back to talk to us they say three-quarters of our ordnance we can't drop, we can't get clearance even when we have a clear target in front of us," Rep. Ed Royce, R-California, chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, told the Washington Free Beacon on Wednesday. "I don't understand this strategy at all because this is what has allowed ISIS the advantage and ability to recruit." (Read more)
- Father, we need a breakthrough in the strategy against ISIS. We ask that You push the enemy out from among civilians so that our pilots can fulfill their mission as directed. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- The sons of Benjamin said, "They are struck down before us, as at the first." But the sons of Israel said, "Let us flee that we may draw them away from the city to the highways." (Judges 20:32)
5. FBI Director: It's 'Impossible' To Vet Every Single Syrian Refugee - Daily Caller
FBI Director James Comey has expressed serious concerns about pending legislation that would require "national security officials to certify whether an approved refugee to the United States" should be allowed to enter. That's according to CNN's justice reporter Evan Perez. "He has some really grave concerns that this legislation would allow anyone, any refugees" into America, Perez told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday.
Additionally, Perez noted that Comey has expressed his concerns to both the Obama administration and Congress that, "this requirement, where he would have to personally sign off on every individual refugee coming from Syria and Iraq is just frankly impossible." (Read more)
Father, we intercede over this pending legislation. Father, raise up enough voices to oppose this legislation so that it cannot move forward. Protect us, Lord, in Jesus Name.
- "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."
6. Utah School Under Fire for Asking Students to Write ISIS Propaganda Poster - ABC News
A Utah school is apologizing after a ninth grade teacher assigned students to draw a propaganda poster for ISIS.
The teacher, who's been on the job for just a few months, gave the in-class assignment to students in her two World Civics classes at Salem Junior High School in Salem, Utah, on Wednesday. About 60 students received the assignment, which required them to create a "neat, colored, professional" poster for the terrorist group, to "help students better understand the goals of terrorist groups and the methods they use to gain support," the assignment read.
The teacher included a note asking students to come forward if they felt uncomfortable with the assignment. None did, Lana Hiskey, a spokeswoman for the Nebo School District where the school is located, told ABC News. But some parents did not think the assignment was appropriate, especially after six coordinated terrorist attacks last week in Paris have left 130 dead.
"We shouldn't be talking about how ISIS recruits, we should be discussing the events of what they have caused to figure a way of how to deter that and how to help better the world," Annie Langston, whose daughter received the assignment, told ABC News. "I thought this isn't right, not right now." (Read more)
- Jesus! Protect school children in America from the teachings for ISIS!!
Lord, if the teacher in Utah thought the assignment to make propaganda posters for ISIS was productive and non-political, why would she include a note asking students to come forward if they felt uncomfortable with the assignment? You know her heart. You know the truth. We ask for the protection of students in the schools across America. We praise You for teachers but ask that there be nothing taught in classrooms that may be detrimental to our nation, and to the well-being of our little ones. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Teach me and I will hold my tongue; and cause me to understand wherein I have erred." (Job 6:24)
7. Prominent Scientists Declare Climate Claims Ahead of UN Summit 'Irrational' - 'Based On Nonsense' - 'Leading us down a false path' - ClimateDepot.com
AUSTIN, Texas - A team of prominent scientists gathered in Texas today at a climate summit to declare that fears of man-made global warming were "irrational" and "based on nonsense" that "had nothing to do with science." They warned that "we are being led down a false path" by the upcoming UN climate summit in Paris. The scientists appeared at a climate summit sponsored by the Texas Public Policy Foundation. The summit in Austin was titled: "At the Crossroads: Energy & Climate Policy Summit."
Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen, an emeritus Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at the Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at MIT, derided what he termed climate "catastrophism. Demonization of CO2 is irrational at best and even modest warming is mostly beneficial," Lindzen said. He cautioned: "The most important thing to keep in mind is - when you ask 'is it warming, is it cooling', etc. - is that we are talking about something tiny (temperature changes) and that is the crucial point." (Read more)
Father, reveal the truth of global warming and the political agenda that is being "sold" to us. In Jesus' name we pray, amen.
- "Your tongue plots destruction, like a sharp razor, you worker of deceit."
8. 37 senators warn Obama to tell the truth about climate deal - Washington Examiner
A group of more than three dozen senators are pressing President Obama to tell the truth in talks with foreign leaders on any deal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and explain that the ultimate say is with Congress and not the administration.
Republican Sens. John Barrasso of Wyoming and Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma led a group of 37 senators in sending a letter to the president Thursday night, saying that any global agreement with "binding" timetables and emission targets, as well as financial obligations costing taxpayers, "must be brought before Congress for approval."
The GOP argues that the Obama administration is attempting to go around Congress in its plans to sign onto a United Nations climate change deal at a meeting in Paris, Nov. 30-Dec. 11.(Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You bless the three-dozen senators that are pressing President Obama to tell the truth in the talks with foreign leaders regarding the impact of greenhouse gas emissions. Jesus, we call the President to speak the truth and to be held accountable to our leaders for all of his actions regarding supposed "climate change" policy. As the Senators have reminded the administration, the ultimate decision rests with Congress and not the administration. We ask that all details of this agreement be brought before Congress for approval. We ask that any attempts by this administration to go around Congress be stopped before they begin. Let all things hidden be brought to light. May Your Holy Name be praised and honored. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart, his words softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords." (Psalm 55:21)
9. Iran trains for capture of Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa, but uses Dome of Rock model - Times of Israel
Thousands of paramilitary forces from Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards on Friday held war games simulating the capture of the Al-Aqsa Mosque from Israeli control, the Iranian media reported. The reports said the forces stormed and liberated a replica of the mosque. They said that 120 brigades of Basij, the paramilitary unit of the Guards, occupied hypothetical enemy positions during Friday's exercise in the holy city of Qom in central Iran.
The mosque is situated on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, the most holy place to Jews as the site of the Biblical temples, and the third-holiest to Muslims. The Palestinians claim that Israel intends to change the decades-long status quo at the site, where non-Muslims can visit but not pray. Israel has repeatedly and vehemently denied the accusation, and accused Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas of incitement for making such comments. (Read more)
- Father God, this report surely raises a red flag for all of us who love Your people and Your land. Lord God, we ask in the name of Yeshua, our Messiah, that any attempt by Israel's enemies to Wrest control of the Temple Mount from them be totally and utterly defeated. God of the Angel Armies, go forth to protect Your land we ask, in Your name. Amen and amen.
- "No weapon formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." (Isaiah 54:17)
10. Majority of Americans Feel Like 'Stranger in Own Country' - Breitbart
According to the Reuters survey, 58 percent Americans say they "don't identify with what America has become." While Republicans and Independents are the most likely to agree with this statement, even 45 percent of Democrats share this feeling. More than half of Americans, 53 percent, say they "feel like a stranger" in their own country. A minority of Americans feel "comfortable as myself" in the country. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for America. Bring us back to our Christian roots. We know You have a plan for our country. Rain down revival on us, in Jesus Name.
- "He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior."
In Judgment, Remember Mercy
In Judgment, Remember Mercy
Submitted by: Michael Obi
African Strategic Leaders' Prayer Network (ASLPN)
With the prevailing spiritual and immoral climate over the nation, I have been greatly disturbed and burdened for our nation. I recently took an extended fasting and prayer retreat to wait upon the Lord.
The Lord clearly revealed a major event that is about to happen and because of the urgency of it He gave me a timeline. I was afraid of timelines but He reminded me of the timeline He gave to Jonah of 40 days before the destruction of Nineveh. This timeline was to stir up serious urgency in the hearts of the people to pray and desperately repent. If they failed to respond to that urgency, the destruction would happen. We thank God for His wisdom, because Nineveh repented and the judgment was averted because God was not willing that any should perish in their sins.
I pray that you judge this word and respond to it with a desperate urgency to pray and to call for repentance or else it will definitely happen. Here is what I saw:
The Hour of Judgment Has Come
(November - December)
The time has come to fear God, give Him glory, and worship the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who made the heavens and the earth, and the sea and fountains of water.
This November/December judgment begins with an extremely great earthquake with its' epicenter in California, more specifically, the San Francisco Bay area. This may happen as soon as next week through the end of December. It will be one of the worst earthquakes in US History. There will be great mourning and lamentation in the land.
REASONS - The Cup of Iniquity is Full:
I. Passionate immorality.
II. Passionate idolatry.
III. The land is overflowing with the shedding of innocent blood.
IV. Extreme sorcery/witchcraft.
V. The harlot church and her leaders, etc.
This is just the beginning of the birth pains and of what is coming - the Third Great Awakening. This shaking is connected to a major revival that is about to sweep the nation.
Repent for the Kingdom of God is Here
"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord God hath spoken, who can but prophesy?" (Amos 3:7-8)
This is an urgent plea for intercession for our beloved nation. This can be averted, delayed, or pushed back with serious intercession. Without an appropriate response, it is going to happen.
Please pass this message to every network you have to please intercede now for America.
Gov't Officials in China Close Christian Church, Detain Five Pastors
Charged With 'Cult Activities' as Persecution Continues
Five church leaders have been detained in China over accusations that they are leading a cult as the Communist government continues what believers are calling the worst anti-Christian crackdown in decades.
According to a recent report from China Aid, government officials raided the 71st Street Christian Church in Luoyang, Henan province, during a five-day Bible training session held earlier this month. Over 70 church leaders were participating in the training, five of whom were detained for 15 days by Xigong County Police.
The five have been identified as Shen and Li Jianghua from Taiwan, 71st Street Church's pastor Li Jia'en, a Shanxi pastor, Ms Li Jiangtao, and a Henan pastor, Liang Jing, all of whom are accused of "using a cult organization to undermine law enforcement".
A penalty notice read: "According to the facts of your violations, the characteristics, circumstances, and degree to which they harm society and other related truths, your law-violating actions are severe."
The church has been ordered to cease all its activities, and further meetings have been banned, Pastor Li Jia'en told China Aid.
"We were put in detention, the church was closed, and now we must pay more than 10,000 Yuan (U.S. $1,600) every month for a house that we cannot use. The shops nearby were all given public security cards, telling them to call authorities if they catch us meeting," he lamented. (Read more)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
This is the week to PRAISE THE LORD!!
PRAISE HIM, PRAISE HIM
"I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." (Psalm 146:2)
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! Sing, O Earth, His wonderful love proclaim! Hail Him! hail Him! highest archangels in glory; Strength and honor give to His holy Name! Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children, In His arms He carries them all day long:
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Tell of His excellent greatness.
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Ever in joyful song!
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! For our sins He suffered, and bled, and died. He our Rock, our hope of eternal salvation, Hail Him! hail Him! Jesus the Crucified. Sound His praises! Jesus who bore our sorrows, Love unbounded, wonderful, deep and strong.
Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer! Heav'nly portals loud with hosannas ring! Jesus, Savior, reigneth forever and ever. Crown Him! Crown Him! Prophet, and Priest, and King! Christ is coming! over the world victorious, Pow'r and glory unto the Lord belong.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1869
Music: Chester G. Allen
Signs and Wonders
Nearly 100 killed after landslide in Myanmar
A landslide near a jade mine in northern Myanmar killed about 100 people, most of them villagers digging for scraps in a towering mountain of displaced earth, a witness and a community leader said Sunday. Many more people were missing.
The collapse occurred Saturday evening in the Kachin state community of Hpakant, said Brang Seng, a jade businessman, who watched as bodies were pulled from the debris and taken to a hospital morgue.
"People were crying," he said, adding that some lost loved ones when boulders and earth ripped down the slopes. "I'm hearing that more than 100 people died. In some cases, entire families were lost."
Lamai Gum Ja, a community leader, said homes at the base of the mine-waste dump also were flattened.
In addition to the dead, he estimated that between 100 and 200 people were missing. (Fox News) Read more here.
The Good News Corner
At Nation's Capitol, Lawmakers Read from Historic Bible: "Let Your Light so Shine. . ."
The National Bible Association held a special Bible reading event at the nation's Capitol this week to remind Americans that this coming Monday, November 23, is the International Day of the Bible.
They used a 1782 version of the Bible called the Aitken Bible, which is an important part of U.S. history.
> > > Read the rest of this very exciting story by going here.
(Reported by: Breaking Christian News)
Worship With Us Today
In Christ Alone
This is a GREAT worship song!
Praise the Lord!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.