Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, May 15, 2013
"My God of mercy shall come to meet me; God shall let me see my desire on my enemies." (Psalm 59:10)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up - Fox News
The White House was in damage control mode Tuesday as an escalating series of potential scandals raised questions about whether officials abused their authority -- all while threatening to undermine President Obama's second-term ambitions.
The latest controversy to hit the headlines was the allegation that the Justice Department secretly obtained two months of phone records from Associated Press journalists. The AP went public with the charge Monday, and quickly earned sympathy from lawmakers on both sides who widely agreed that the record grab appeared to be unnecessarily intrusive.
This came on top of acknowledgement by the IRS that its agents had singled out conservative groups for additional scrutiny. In response, the administration made a series of announcements on Tuesday. Read more.
- In His Word, our Lord instructs us to "rejoice always" - no matter what circumstance we find ourselves in. Let's continue to rejoice in Him, and in the fact that we can, indeed, call Him our Father, if we have received Jesus Christ as our Savior and our Lord. Amen.
- (Please heed this word of caution) "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from them." (Proverbs 24:17,18)
2. Lawmakers: IRS Flagged Dozens More Groups Than First Believed - Fox News
The IRS targeting of conservative groups is far broader than first reported, with nearly 500 organizations singled out for additional scrutiny, two lawmakers briefed by the agency say. IRS officials claimed on Friday that roughly 300 groups received additional scrutiny. Reps. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said Tuesday that the number has actually risen to 471. Further, they said it is "unclear" whether Tea Party and other conservative groups are being targeted to this day. (Read more)
- Thank the Lord that, as American citizens, we do not live under a dictatorship, but under a government based upon a Constitution that protects our rights and requires accountability in its three branches. Lift up Congress as it launches numerous investigations of this activity on the part of the IRS. May justice truly be served!
- "Hate evil, and love good, and establish justice in the gate; it may be that the LORD, the God of hosts, will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph." (Amos 5:15)
3. Internal IRS Mandate: 'Be on the Lookout' for 'Organizations Involved In ... Educating on Constitution and Bill of Rights' - CNSNews.com
. . . early last year--as the nation was headed toward a presidential election--the IRS issued a "be on the lookout order" (BOLO) for officials in its "Determinations Unit" to ferret out for heightened scrutiny organizations applying for tax exempt status that were involved in educating Americans "on the Constitution and Bill of Rights." The inspector general's timeline indicates that as early as March 2010 the IRS's "Determinations Unit" had begun targeting for special scrutiny organizations that used in their tax-exempt applications the words "Tea Party" or "Patriots." (Read more)
- In this instance, the deeper we dig, the worse this gets. Offer praise that these facts are being exposed now, before the IRS goes any further in pursuing this illegal "manhunt." Continue pressing in, in prayer, until every hidden fact in this matter has been revealed; everyone responsible faces appropriate consequences; and rules are established to prevent the IRS from ever being used again to promote a political agenda. Pray!
- "My God of mercy shall come to meet me; God shall let me see my desire on my enemies." (Psalm 59:10)
4. IRS also targeted Jewish groups - The Jewish Press
The Jewish Press is reporting that a strongly pro-Israel group was singled out by the IRS for intrusive and inappropriate questions when it applied for tax exempt status.
The organization known as "Z Street" was told that there was a "a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization's activities contradict the Administration's public policies." . . . (Read more)
- And worse yet . . . He who touches Israel, touches the apple of His eye. Stand in the gap for this portion of the IRS' illegal procedures, and ask God to forgive those who were pursuing this course of action, for they knew not what they were doing.
- " . . . I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse." (Gen. 12:3)
5. Benghazi - What's Next? - Gary Bauer
[Reprinted from yesterday's edition of the "OCAP," with corrected link included.]
"It's a busy news day in Washington with a lot to digest. The Obama Administration is on its heels -- defending itself against two scandals with tremendous implications and each one striking at the administration's credibility. . . After last week's hearings, many are wondering "what's next?" Here are some things to watch for. (Read more)
- We offer praise to the Lord for placing other, excellent watchmen on the wall here in Washington, D.C. who each help us sort through the whirlwind of activity and to reach the "heart of the matter" for prayer. Lift up Gary Bauer, Tony Perkins, Jay Sekulow, Bill Wilson and others who may come to mind, asking our Lord to bless them with His continued strength and provision. In these latter days, we need "all hands on deck" to get this job done! Amen!
- "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus. Amen." (Phil. 4:19)
6. Lawmakers rip Justice Department over AP phone records grab - Fox News
Lawmakers from both parties sharply questioned the Justice Department late Monday over its reported effort to secretly obtain two months of phone records from Associated Press journalists, with House Speaker John Boehner's office saying "they better have a damned good explanation." "I am deeply concerned by numerous reports of misconduct by the administration, from (whistle-blower) testimony regarding Benghazi to the Internal Revenue Service targeting groups based on political ideology and now the Department of Justice monitoring journalists with the Associated Press," he said. (Read more)
- Once again, praise God that Congress is standing up and taking notice of this scandal, too. We are suddenlyh experiencing a tsunami of answers to prayer!! Press on!
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
7. European Commission to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants not registered with government - Natural News
A new law proposed by the European Commission would make it illegal to "grow, reproduce or trade" any vegetable seeds that have not been "tested, approved and accepted" by a new EU bureaucracy named the "EU Plant Variety Agency." (Read more)
- Why is this needed? Welcome to the New World Order! These kings do not know the King of all kings . . . the One who can provide manna from heaven. Pray that the "EU Plant Variety Agency" withers and dies on the vine and that its agenda bears no fruit.
- "On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords." (Rev. 19:16)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me In righteousness and justice, In lovingkindness and mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the Lord." (Hosea 2: 19,20)
1. 'Moderate' Palestinian Leader Swears: 'If We Had a Nuke, We'd Have Used It This Very Morning' - Yahoo
Jibril Rajoub, a senior Palestinian Authority official who is frequently characterized as a "moderate" in both the Western and Israeli media, said on Lebanese television that if the Palestinians had a nuclear weapon they would have nuked Israel "this morning."
2. Syria says it reserves right to invade Golan Heights - Times of Israel
The Syrian government announced Sunday that it reserves the right to invade the Israeli-held Golan Heights at any time, and accused Israel of violating the terms of the 1974 ceasefire that ended the Yom Kippur War.
3. Netanyahu decides on 3 billion shekel cut to defense budget - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ruled Monday that the defense budget will see a 3 billion shekel ($840 million) cut, in lieu of the original 4 billion shekel ($1.1 billion) cut originally proposed by the Finance Ministry.
4. Israeli PM meets with President Putin for Syria-dominated talks - RT.com
Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin are meeting in the Russian city of Sochi to discuss Syria. It is the latest in a series of talks pushing for Damascus and the rebels to negotiate an end to the bloody conflict. Israel is expected to address the issue of possible Russian plans to sell advanced air defense systems to Damascus. Moscow stated on Friday that there were no such plans, however, S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems could still be shipped to Syria under an existing contract. (Read more)
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
1. China--Book Store Employee Arrested
In December 2012, an employee of a Christian book store in central China was asked to come to a police station to retrieve $6,000 worth of books that had been seized from the store in a raid several months earlier. However, when Mr. Li arrived at the police station, he was immediately arrested and sent to prison. Although his family was told that he would be released by February, he remains in prison. He will make his first appearance in court on May 9, but officials have not given a reason for his arrest. While in prison, Mr. Li has led three people to Christ. Pray that Mr. Li's lawyer, who is a Christian, will represent him wisely, and pray for his wife and two children, who desperately want his return.
2. Malaysia--Christian Work Continues amid Civil War
Hundreds of Malay- and Iban-language Bibles that use the word "Allah" have been confiscated from a prison in Sibu. Prison Fellowship Malaysia (PFM) said authorities began seizing the Bibles after the Sibu prison director wrote a letter to prison headquarters questioning the use of "Allah" in Bibles given to inmates. PFM said Chinese- and English-language Bibles, which do not use the word "Allah," were not seized. PFM fears that other prisons in Malaysia will take similar actions, leaving inmates without Bibles.
3. Libya--Christian Workers Released
Libyan authorities have released an Egyptian national and three other foreigners who were arrested on Feb. 10 in Benghazi for allegedly illegally importing Christian materials. The Egyptian national is recuperating at home with his wife and two children. "Although he and the others suffered for the sake of the Master's name, they received it with great joy and with an attitude of willingness to suffer for Christ," a VOM contact wrote.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Report (Obamacare Vote on Thursday)
The Madison Report
The Legislative Bulletin for Conservatives
Week of May 13 - 17, 2013
Fellow conservative patriots,
This week, both chambers of congress will begin the markup of a $1 trillion food stamp/farm bill while the Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to pass the amnesty bill out of committee. The irony is that while farms in America enjoy record incomes, they are pushing for more subsidies and more cheap labor. While Congress is heeding the calls of the parochial interest, we must ensure that they hear from We the People.
The Honorable Jim Ryun
Chairman of the Madison Project
On Thursday, the House will vote to repeal Obamacare for the first time this session. Conservatives must remind leadership that they need to fulfill their promise of using the debt ceiling to chart a course towards a balanced budget. That will necessarily force them to use that leverage point to repeal Obamacare. It is nice to reaffirm the commitment to full repeal in symbolic votes, but the debt ceiling is where that symbolism turns into action. That will be the last time to get rid of the law before its incorrigible dependency and unsustainable inflationary effect begins to set in.
Note: The following article is from CitizenLink. To read more, go here.
Congress Scheduled to Vote on Obamacare Repeal Thursday
The House of Representatives is expected to decide Thursday whether to repeal the new federal health care law. This vote represents the 37th attempt to repeal all or part of the law.
Signed into law in March 2010, Obamacare requires businesses to offer government-approved health insurance to employees who work at least 30 hours per week. Not only does it increase health care costs for businesses, a provision of the law - the Health and Human Services mandate - requires most companies to offer coverage for possible abortion-inducing drugs.
"Obamacare represents a huge power grab by the government, regulating an industry that represents one-fifth of the nation's economy," said Carrie Gordon Earll, senior director of Issues Analysis for CitizenLink. "And it's loaded with taxes - the Heritage Foundation tallies it at more than $800 billion dollars extra coming out of Americans' paychecks and pockets in the coming couple of years."
"ObamaCare has proven to be a typical big-government attempt to 'do something' about a perceived problem by interfering with our free market system, which, predictably, ends up making the problem worse," said Bruce Hausknecht, judicial analyst for CitizenLink. "And if the government won't allow businesses to take the necessary steps to reduce their costs, then prices go up, inflation results, and the American economy suffers."
Urge your member of the U.S. House of Representative to repeal Obamacare. The new health care law not only increases health care costs for businesses, but contains a provision requiring most employers offer potential abortion-inducing drugs in their employee health care plan.
The Daily Jot
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
The Founding Fathers knew that a free nation would only remain free if there was freedom of speech, especially as exercised by the news media. The First Amendment reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." The "press" prided itself in being the "Fourth Estate"--that non-governmental branch of the nation holding the government accountable, the watchdog of the people. The watchdog of the people has become a lapdog of the government, but that may be about to change.
The cozy relationship between the news media and the socialist left has enjoyed a long honeymoon since those nasty capitalist pigs were brought down by the Watergate burglaries, causing the resignation of President Richard Nixon. For decades the news media became more leftist, increasingly biased, and far more supportive of big government and dismissive of conservative constitutionalism. The lesson they are learning today is that government cannot be trusted and that it is healthy to have an adversarial relationship with politicians and government. This, evidenced by the Department of Justice secretly obtaining two months of Associated Press phone records during the 2012 campaign season.
This coupled with the Treasury Department's IRS targeting the TEA Party, those who do not trust government, and those who sought to educate Americans about the Constitution. In other words, the nation's foremost totalitarian agency where a person has to prove his innocence once accused, targeted and harassed those who espoused the founding principles of the nation. Moreover, the IRS lied to Congress in March 2012 denying that it was targeting TEA Party and Patriot groups. Add to this a concerted effort by this government to disarm Americans, partner with America's enemies The Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda in its foreign policy endeavors, and artificially supporting the marketplace with tax dollars, and you have a totalitarian state in the making.
For all those who think that its just OK to allow this country to fall and we will just worship our Lord anyway with whatever comes with it, you ought to study what is going on with Christians in China, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Egypt. It is not merely having the IRS knocking at your door asking why your itemized deductions don't add up. We have an Isaiah 59:3 government: "For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies; your tongue has muttered perverseness." We as Christians and as Americans should not be an Isaiah 59:4-14 people, "Non call for justice, nor any plead for truth...for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter." If we tolerate totalitarianism, we shall have it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Gosnell & Obama
Gosnell & Obama
On Monday, abortionist Kermit Gosnell was convicted on three counts of first-degree murder for killing babies born alive in his Philadelphia abortion mill. The intention of the women was to abort their unborn children, but the babies were born alive. Gosnell finished the job by "snipping" their spinal cords.
In Illinois, babies were being born alive after botched abortions and their little bodies were set aside, left alone to die slowly. One can argue that was even worse. Yet as an Illinois state senator Barack Obama was unwilling to require a doctor to save those babies.
Society rightly recoils in horror at the notion of killing little babies outside the womb. A jury in Philadelphia found Kermit Gosnell guilty of infanticide. Obama may not have blood on his hands, but his support of after-birth abortion is no less offensive. (Gary Bauer)
Happy Shavuot! (Pentecost)
Happy Shavuot! The Time of Divine Revelation
It is ironic that Shavuot is such a little-known holiday. Because in fact, Shavuot commemorates the single most important event in Jewish history - the giving of the Torah at Mount Sinai. Shavuot is the culmination of the seven-week-long "counting of the Omer" that occurs following Passover.
The very name "Shavuot" means "weeks," in recognition of the weeks of anticipation leading up to the Sinai experience. Since Shavuot occurs 50 days after the first day of Passover, it is sometimes known as "Pentecost," a Greek word meaning "the holiday of 50 days."
. . . The giving of the Torah was an event of awesome proportions that indelibly stamped the Jewish nation with a unique character, faith and destiny. And in the 3,300 years since this event, Torah ideals - monotheism, justice, responsibility - have become the moral basis for Western civilization (United with Israel) Read more.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
41 Members of Congress Submit Amicus Brief Supporting "In God We Trust"
On Our Currency
Representative Forbes led Prayer Caucus members in submitting a brief, authored by the ACLJ, to the Federal District Court in New York. The Freedom From Religion Foundation recently filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Treasury Department, claiming that the inscription of the national motto, "In God We Trust," on U.S. currency is unconstitutional.
The group joined 19 other plaintiffs in seeking to have the words removed, alleging that the inclusion of the motto on currency forces atheists to proselytize for a religion with which they do not agree. Prior attempts to challenge "In God We Trust" on currency have failed. The Members' brief argues that the constitutionality of the motto is well established in case law and in historical fact.
Representative Forbes was joined by Representatives Aderholt, Blackburn, Cassidy, Conaway, Jeff Duncan, John Duncan, Fleming, Flores, Franks, Garrett, Gohmert, Hartzler, Huelskamp, Huizenga, Hultgren, Johnson, Walter Jones, Kline, LaMalfa, Lamborn, Lankford, McIntyre, Miller, Neugebauer, Nunnelee, Palazzo, Pearce, Pittenger, Pitts, Posey, Roe, Salmon, Stutzman, Terry, Thompson, Walberg, Westmoreland, Joe Wilson, Wittman, and Wolf.
- Lord God, stretch out Your hand to strengthen and enforce the efforts of these members in submitting a brief authored by the American Civil Liberties group regarding the national motto "In God We Trust" on U.S. currency. Lord, You established this as our motto 200 years ago and it has prevailed. God, let no group empowered by anti-God, anti-religion, anti-Christ, evil spirits win this battle. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Our defense is of God, which saves the upright in heart. God judges the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day." (Psalm 7:10-11)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
You are the song,
You are the song I'm singing.
You are the air,
You are the air I'm breathing
You are the hope,
You are the hope I needed.