This week's editions of the Daily Brief
will be abbreviated. Our full version
will be published again after Memorial
Day next week.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, May 21, 2013
"Having done all . . . stand . . ." (Eph. 6:12)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
> > > Please continue to monitor all news coming out of the Midwest now about these storms. The LORD is the God of the wind and the waves . . . they must obey Him! Pray that these storms subside, and for rapid relief to arrive at the scenes of devastation throughout our nation tonight. Thank you.
The Daily Brief
1. 'As bad as it gets': Oklahoma tornado tops damage scale - Fox News
" An EF-5 is as bad as it gets," said Joe D'Aleo, co-chief forecaster for WeatherBell Analytics. "It's equivalent to a Category 5 hurricane. It means winds were more than 200 miles per hour, and it means you have to be underground, because there will be nothing left above ground."
Word that the tornado had been classified as the most devastating funnel cloud punch Mother Nature can deliver came as the death toll held steady at 24, including nine children. The ranking, on the Enhanced Fujita Scale, puts the tornado in the same class as the deadliest in U.S. history, which hit Joplin, Mo., in 2011, killing 158 and injuring hundreds more. (Read more)
- Lord, we lift all those to You who are affected by these storms. We pray for the Holy Spirit comforter to minister to those who need it. We pray for those who may still be alive and that they will be found. We pray for all who are looking for them and who are caring for those in need. Give them the protection and energy that they need. We thank You for the sparing of many and the testimonies we are hearing of many who prayed to You and they were saved. We pray for Your church, especially in the affected areas, that they would arise and minster as needed. We pray for a unity to come forth in response. We pray that people in America will wake up and that You would bring salvations and good forth In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "The Lord has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet." (Nahum 1:2)
2. Rescuers Cling to Hope of Finding Survivors as More Storms Threaten - Fox News
Oklahoma City officials lower tornado death toll to 24, which includes 9 children, as rescue efforts continue after monster storm destroys homes, buildings and an elementary school. (Read more)
- It has been reported that, if the rains start up again, the rescue efforts must cease until they stop. Join us in declaring the decree that only good weather shall prevail now in Moore, Oklahoma and its environs. Amen.
- "You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
"Even the winds and the waves obey him!" (Matthew 8:27)
3. Pray for Victims and Survivors - Gary Bauer
Moore, Oklahoma, a suburb of Oklahoma City, was hit by a massive tornado yesterday afternoon. This morning the state medical examiner confirmed 24 deaths, including nine children. The pictures of the devastation are unbelievable. Two elementary schools were destroyed and hundreds of homes and businesses were leveled or damaged.
Governor Mary Fallin said this morning, "Oklahoma people are very strong, and they will make it through this, but we're going to need a lot of prayer and a lot of support to get back on our feet." I know you will join Carol and me in praying for the people of Moore, Oklahoma. Click here for information on donating to the American Red Cross. Click here to donate to relief efforts led by Rev. Franklin Graham's Samaritan's Purse.
- (From Linda in Florida:) Today I am rejoicing over what God is doing in the testimonies of His faithfulness! You have to watch this video as this lady was being interviews by CBS News reporter . . .. God answers her second prayer - live on tv!
- Lord God, we thank You for these testimonies, and these calls for prayer, that are even coming forth now from the MSM (mainstream media). We ask You to cause more and more hearts to be turned unto You now, to find help in time of need, and to fully realize that You are our God and that You ARE with us, every step of the way, as we repent and acknowledge You as our Savior and our Lord. In Your Name, amen!
- "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." (I Peter 3:12)
4. Lawmaker: IRS Probed Prayers of Pro-Life Group - CBN News
Republicans and even some Democrats on Capitol hill expressed growing concern about details of IRS abuses against conservative and religious groups following more revelations about who and what has been targeted by tax authorities in the past several years.
- Lord, we pray for revelation and truth to come forth in Congress and all the investigations and hearings. We pray for Holy Spirit conviction of wrongdoings and that people will arise in courage to tell the truth. We also pray for the right people to be held accountable. We pray for corruption to be exposed and for a spirit of repentance to fall upon Your people. Bring understanding and knowledge. We ask You to hear and act on Capitol Hill to bring righteous rulings and justice, one nation under God, with liberty and justice for all. In the name of our just Savior, Jesus, we pray. Amen.
- "The wicked flee when no none pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion. Because of the transgression of a land, many are its princes; but by a man of understanding and knowledge right will be prolonged." (Proverbs 28: 1-2)
5. North Korea Fires Missiles - Wall Street Journal
North Korea on Sunday fired a short-range missile into the sea off the eastern coast of the Korean peninsula following three similar launches Saturday, again stirring tensions that had appeared to ease after recent threats directed at South Korea and the U.S.
- Lord, we speak peace to the new leader of North Korea. May a desire for peace and not threats of war arise in him. We pray he would come to know the Prince of Peace. In His name, Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace in his who is far off and to him who is hear." says the Lord. (Isaiah 57:19)
6. Russia knows exactly what the fuss is about - Times of Israel
What we have playing out over Syria, therefore, is a mini-confrontation between the world's only superpower, and its would-be reviving former superpower enemy. Israel's misfortune is to be caught up in the middle.
- Lord, we pray that we may understand Your truth and how to pray about these countries and the situations there. We pray for Your truth to come forth. We pray that they would come to a repentance for the sins they have committed against You. We also pray for justice to be done in all these countries if they will not come to repentance of the sins and rebellion they have committed against You. In the name of Jesus through His shed blood for forgiveness we pray. Amen.
- "O Lord, to us belongs shame of face, to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, because we have sinned against You. To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against Him." (Daniel 9:8-9)
7. Egypt 'suffering worst economic crisis since 1930s' - UK Guardian
Egypt is suffering its worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, a former finance minister of the country and one of its leading economists have warned.
- Lord, we pray for revelation for the people of Egypt that provision comes from You and not a false god or man. May Egypt repent and then see provision. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy." (Proverbs 27:13)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
" "It is by YHWH's kindnesses that we are not destroyed, because His mercies never fail. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)
1. New gas reserves found off coast of Israel - World Tribune
Israel has reported another major natural gas reserve in the Mediterranean Sea.
2. Lapid calls for interim peace deal with Palestinians - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's senior coalition partner says that reaching a final peace agreement with the Palestinians is unrealistic at the current time and the sides should instead pursue an interim arrangement.
3. Netanyahu: We'll continue to halt Syrian arms transfers - Times of Israel
Amid escalating rhetoric between Jerusalem and Damascus in the wake of reported Israeli airstrikes in Syria, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Sunday to continue to act to prevent advanced weaponry from being transferred to Lebanese terror group Hezbollah via Syria.
4. Report: Syria aims half-ton warhead missiles at Tel Aviv - Israel Hayom
Responding to a report in The Sunday Times suggesting that Syria has prepared its most advanced missiles to hit Tel Aviv if Israel launches a strike on its territory, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told his cabinet on Sunday that Israel was prepared for any scenario.
From USRPN: Pray for Oklahoma
Pray for Oklahoma
From the U.S. Reformation Prayer Network
On Monday a mile-wide tornado tore through Moore, Oklahoma killing at least 24 people, although the estimated number of fatalities is reported to possibly top 90. Tragically, some of these deaths were childred as the tornado destroyed an elementary school while class was in session. Right now rescue teams are searching the area for survivors.
The past couple days have been very rough for the midwest as tornadoes touched down in other areas of Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, and Iowa, killing two others and injuring dozens. Please pray with us for the state of Oklahoma, and the entire Midwest:
1. Pray for the comfort and peace of God to sweep over the families and friends of those who have lost loves ones in this tragedy. (Matthew 5:4)
2. Pray for Oklahoma, particularly the city of Moore, as they work to rebuild and restore what was destroyed. (Isaiah 61:4)
3. Ask God to give wisdom to the leaders of the rescue efforts, and pray that they would continue to find more survivors. (Jeremiah 1:8)
4. Pray that no more tornadoes would touch down, and that any remaining storms would pass quickly. (Matthew 8:23-27)
5. Declare Psalm 91 over the midwestern region, and pray for divine protection to be established over those states.
"Afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise,
your foundations with lapis lazuli.
I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.
All your children will be taught by the Lord,
and great will be their peace."
Thank you for standing with us!
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
Apostolic Leaders, USRPN
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
A Week with Hillsong:
Jesus at the Center
Praise Him with us now!
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Learn more about CHPP by going here.
CHPP, Facebook, and You!
CHPP, Facebook, and You!
Due to issues of security, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners has a standing policy of not pursuing the various social networking opportunities to broadcast our message. Those networks may include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others . . .
However, we continue to encourage you to share our alerts with your own networks of prayer partners, as you are able to do so.
If you are on Facebook (for example), may we suggest the following strategy??
Simply refer your friends to our website on your own Facebook page, where they can read our alerts - and subscribe - for themselves.
Our website is located here: