Today's Daily Brief
1. Georgia Governor Prays for Rain Amid Drought - Associated Press
Today, Georgia's Governor Sonny Perdue, his wife, Mary; the Lt. Governor, and Georgia's citizens, called on a higher power, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for rain. Governor Perdue stepped up to a podium outside the state Capitol on Tuesday and led a solemn crowd of several hundred people in a prayer for rain on his drought-stricken state. Today, 81% of respondents voted "yes" in an America On Line Poll when asked: "Do you think prayers can help ease the drought?" As Georgia descends deeper into drought, Gov. Perdue has ordered water restrictions, launched a legal battle and asked President Bush for help.
· To the One True God who provided rain when Elijah prayed for an end to their drought, we humbly ask You to show Your mighty power and provide rain to the State of Georgia whose leadership and citizens have humbled themselves to Your authority and have obediently prayed for relief. May many be saved to Jesus, including the protestors, when You respond to their outcry for much needed rain · "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV)
2. Benazir Bhutto Placed Under House Arrest Again Ahead of Planned Protest, Pakistani Nuclear Security Questioned - Fox News and MSNBC
Authorities mounted a massive security operation Tuesday to hold opposition leader Benazir Bhutto under house arrest for the second time in five days and prevent her from staging a 185-mile protest march against emergency rule. Security issues were raised when the United States learned in 2001, that Pakistani scientists had shared nuclear secrets with members of al-Qaeda. An alarmed Bush administration responded with tens of millions of dollars worth of equipment such as intrusion detectors and ID systems to safeguard Pakistan's nuclear weapons.
· Dear Lord, we pray for Your Peace in Pakistan, that the unrest will be settled, and that the person You want as leader will be established as their leader. Give Pakistan a leader after Your own heart, one who will help Israel and our nation defend against terrorism! May Mrs. Bhutto and President Musharaf, their families, followers and Pakistanis be saved and come to know Your Son as their Savior. · " For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; indeed, you will look carefully for his place, but it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace." (Psalms 37:10 & 11)
3. Clash In Iraq Kills 18 al-Qaida Members - Associated Press
Former insurgents who turned against al-Qaida in Iraq launched an attack against the terror group and killed 18 of its members, asking the U.S. military to stay away while the battle raged, an ex-insurgent leader and Iraqi police said Saturday.
· Thank You, Lord that You are raising up Iraqi people to protect their own country. Let them never forget all that the U.S. has done to give them freedom. Keep them loyal to America and the troops. Let the gospel be rooted in Iraq! · "I went down to the moorings of the mountains; the earth with its bars closed behind me forever; yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord, my God." (Jonah 2:6)
4. World Should Ban Human Cloning, Except Medical: U.N. - ABC News and London Independent
The world should quickly ban cloning of humans and only allow exceptions for strictly controlled research to help treat diseases such as diabetes or Alzheimer's, a U.N. study said on Sunday. And, what researchers consider a giant step for cloning, a technical breakthrough has enabled scientists to create for the first time dozens of cloned embryos from adult monkeys, raising the prospect of the same procedure being used to make cloned human embryos.
· Gracious Lord, we pray that You will control this debate of who has the right to create life, to clone, and to make ethical decisions about life and when it begins! We pray that all over the world, people will commit to building a society that respects the dignity of each person, from the moment of conception to natural death; a society that places human life and dignity at the center of human rights. · "Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloodthirsty men. For look, they lie in wait for my life; the mighty gather against me, not for my transgression nor for my sin, O Lord." (Psalms 59:2)
5. U.S. Justices Could Decide Constitutionality Of Gun Ownership - International Herald Tribune
Both sides in a closely watched legal battle over the District of Columbia's strict gun-control law are urging the Supreme Court to hear the case. If the justices agree - a step they may announce as early as Tuesday - the Roberts court is very likely to find itself back on the front lines of the culture wars with an intensity unmatched even by the cases on abortion and race that defined the court's last term.
· Heavenly Father, the founders of our country were led by You to guarantee the freedom of our citizens to have the right to bear arms because of the abuse by tyrants. We pray that the Supreme Court will be led by You to recognize this right of gun ownership for our citizens. · " Save Your people, and bless Your inheritance; shepherd them also, and bear them up forever." (Psalms 28:9)
6. Christians Around The World Pray For "Persecuted Church" - BosNewsLife News Center
Christians around the world, across all denominations, prayed this Sunday for about 200 million Christians persecuted for their faith, during the "International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church." The defeat of false religions, including Islam and the restoration of former Muslims were other prayer focuses for this international prayer event that organizers say has grown into one of the largest global prayer events since its 1986 inception.
· Father God, let us never forget the persecuted church here in America and throughout Your international Body of Christ. As Your Word says, when one part of the Body is injured, we all are injured. Bless all of us and keep us safe from the attacks of the evil one. May Your church grow by granting us Your favor through inreased open doors of opportunity for Your church to thrive! · " And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it." (1 Corinthians 12:26)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations." (Ps 33:10-11)
1. Major IDF drill to simulate large-scale W. Bank clashes - Ha'aretz
The Israel Defense Forces will conduct a major exercise next week simulating a widespread escalation of Israeli-Palestinian fighting in the West Bank.
2. Seven Killed at Fatah Rally in Gaza - ABC News
Gunfire killed at least seven people on Monday at a Fatah memorial rally for Yasser Arafat that drew hundreds of thousands of supporters of the defeated faction in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, a medic and witnesses said.
3. US to purchase $700m worth of arms from Israel - Ynet News
The US Congress on Friday approved the purchase of weapons and technological systems from Israel's defense industries for $700 million.
4. Barak: Israel should launch its own peace initiative - Ynet News
Defense Minister Ehud Barak supports a comprehensive peace initiative that would include promoting a peace agreement with Syria, Ynet learned Monday evening.
This Week on Capitol Hill
This Week on Capitol Hill
In the House:
The House gets to one of the many mortgage bills sifting through Congress - all part of an effort to respond to the nation's still jittery credit market. HR 3915 would set new lending standards for mortgage brokers and backers, requiring - for one - that brokers make sure families can cover future payments on "adjustable rate" mortgages (the kind where payments tend to spike up).
After a cease-fire in October, House members bring the Iraq debate back front and center, attaching a resolution to a $50 billion war spending bill that would require soldiers start coming home in two months, with all combat troops stateside by December '08. The measure also tackles torture, outlawing "waterboarding" and generally requiring the CIA stick to the military's interrogation rules. Like the many similar bills passed in the House earlier this year, it is not expected to get very far.
In The Senate:
The Senate sticks to its farm bill, which made little headway last week. A five year $288 billion grab bag of agricultural subsidies, food stamps and conservation programs, the farm bill is simply up for its occasional renewal. To the dismay of fiscal conservatives, though, the new farm bill looks a lot like the old farm bill, but some senators will try to whittle down its size by capping subsidies at $250,000 per farm.
In Both Chambers:
Congress and the president may enter full-bore budget mode, with the House planning an attempt to override Bush's veto of the $151 billion Labor-Health- Education spending bill. Congress may also pass the prez a $51 billion Transportation-Housing bill for a second veto take-down.
Finally, both chambers also plan to okay a final Head Start reauthorization bill.
(Source: Citizen Joe)
America In Submission To Islam
America In Submission To Islam -
The Obvious Impact of Dhimmitude
The Saudi Arabian oil minister said there will be no discussion of increased oil production by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries at their upcoming meeting, meaning that OPEC will stand by and watch record oil prices drain the pocketbooks of American industry and citizens. Increased oil production by OPEC would bring relief to oil prices, which, in turn, would bring gasoline prices down. Instead, a 20-30 cent per gallon increase in gas prices can now be expected at pumps across the United States. This means that not only will prices go up at gas stations, but also the costs of goods transported, produced, and sold with the help of oil products will also rise substantially. Record oil prices may be a reflection of an overall strategy of Islam to bring the United States into submission during jihad.
Americans must understand that they are at war with Islam. This is a Jihad-a holy war. And no matter how much it is sold in the news media that Saudi Arabia is an ally with the United States, Americans must realize that Saudi Arabia is home to the most radical Islamic sect in the world- Wahhabism. Wahhabism is the fundamental interpretation of the Koran and it was the founding creed of Saudi Arabia. Wahhabism is the form of Islam that is practiced in other oil producing states such as Qatar and Kuwait, among others. While Osama bin Ladin does not necessarily practice Wahhabism, it has been revived worldwide as representative of Jihad.
Dhimmitude is the Islamic system of governing populations conquered by jihad wars, encompassing all of the demographic, ethnic, and religious aspects of the political system. The word "dhimmitude" as a historical concept, was coined in 1983 to describe the legal and social conditions of Jews and Christians subjected to Islamic rule. Dhimmi was the name applied by the Arab-Muslim conquerors of indigenous non-Muslim populations who surrendered by a treaty, called a dhimma, to Muslim domination. All who are in submission to Islam are subject to Sharia law-the radical law of Islam.
Contemporary Islamists believe through dhimmi that when they have been given authority over something, that all of which they have been given is subject to them. For example, Islam receives permission to have a mosque in a town, then the entire town is under Islamic authority. If they have been given control over oil, then those who use the oil are subject to them. There is a program by Islam to convert kids in public schools. Its called Dawa-also known as an invitation to join Islam. America is being attacked by Islamic jihad, and we must wake up and understand the full ramifications of this war against every American-man, woman and child. Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Islam is deception.
Word of Life Ministry
Links to Other Resources
Links to Other Resources
In order to keep our Briefs "brief," we ask you to explore other key sites on your own, as you continue to pray for our nation, for Israel, and for His Kingdom on earth.