Volume XIV, Number 28
October 15 - 19, 2007
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
- CAPITOL ARCHITECT OVERTURNS FLAG POLICY
- PRESIDENT BUSH VETOES SCHIP; HATE CRIMES VETO UNSURE
- PRES. BUSH URGES CONGRESS TO EXTEND FISA RULES
- TWELVE APPROPRIATIONS BILLS STALLED IN CONGRESS
- SENATE DEMOCRATS TRY TO RESURRECT "FAIRNESS DOCTRINE"
- HOUSE COMMITTEE PASSES TURKISH GENOCIDE RESOLUTION
- ATTORNEY GENERAL NOMINEE TO FACE SENATE HEARINGS THIS WEEK
- BUSH POSITION ON TX DEATH ROW CASE DRAWS IRE OF CONSERVATIVES
- VICENTE FOX: "AMERO" PLANNED FOR CANADA, U.S., MEXICO
- NYT POLL SHOWS EVANGELICALS AGREE WITH DR. DOBSON
- HONORING ISLAM -- ONE MORE LOOK AT THIS ISSUE
- PRESIDENT BUSH TO MEET IN PRIVATE WITH DALAI LAMA
- ISRAELI GOVERNMENT THREATENS TO DIVIDE JERUSALEM
- MK BENNY ELON PROPOSES ALTERNATIVE PALESTINIAN SOLUTION
1. CAPITOL ARCHITECT OVERTURNS FLAG POLICY
The Architect of the Capitol, responding to a public outcry, ruled Thursday that, from now on, the word "God" may be inscribed on certificates accompanying flags that have flown over the U.S. Capitol. Acting Architect Stephen T Ayers said in a statement that the policy of disallowing political and religious statements on flag certificates has been inconsistently applied and does not fulfill the objectives of the office. "It is inappropriate and beyond the scope of this agency's responsibilities to censor messages from members," Ayers said. "The Architect's role is to certify that flags are appropriately flown over the U.S. Capitol, and any messages on the flag certificates are personal and between a Member of Congress and his or her constituents," Ayers said. "The Office of the Architect of the Capitol is a service organization. Flying the flags over the Capitol is an important constituent service for Members of Congress. When one of our services or policies doesn't effectively serve Members of Congress or the American public, it needs to be changed immediately," he added. "I have directed that the policy be changed and that new guidelines be reissued immediately," he said. "I appreciate the Congress bringing this important issue to my attention, and I appreciate their support as we worked to resolve this situation to everyone's satisfaction," said Ayers. (AP)
· Offer praise for this direct answer to prayer! In an hour when the darkness is getting darker by the week, offer praise for a decision that honors God in our public square. Be encouraged by this turn of events, and keep praying!!
· "Blessed is the nation, whose God is the Lord." (Psalm 33:12)
2. PRESIDENT BUSH VETOES SCHIP; HATE CRIMES VETO UNSURE
Family Research Council Offers Prayers for Both Issues
SCHIP Vetoed - President Bush vetoed the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), viewed as a major step toward nationalized health care. He said it is too costly, but has offered to compromise with Congressional liberals on a plan.
· May President Bush stand firm and resist utopian and socialistic social programs - programs that embroil American in dependence on government.
· "But let your communication be 'yea yea: Na, nay' for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." (Matthew 5:37)
Hate Crimes Amendment - Some fear that President Bush could retreat from his promise to veto the hate crimes measure attached to the Defense Authorization Bill, which passed the U.S. Senate by a huge margin. White House spokesmen assure us that he is ready to veto.
· May God give President Bush strength and firmness both to use the veto pen and to speak plainly, unhesitatingly and aright to the American people about this issue. May those who supported this measure be held politically accountable.
· "A wise king scattereth the wicked, and brings the wheel over them." (Proverbs 21:26)
3. PRES. BUSH URGES CONGRESS TO EXTEND TERROR SURVEILLANCE RULES
President Bush urged Congress on Wednesday to extend an expiring terrorist surveillance law that modernizes the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), saying new measures supported by Democrats don't go far enough to protect the country.
Speaking on the South Lawn at the same time the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees were debating the legislation, Bush said the bill needs to meet three criteria before he will sign it: (1) giving intelligence professionals "the tools and flexibility they need" to protect the country; (2) closing the intelligence gap to make sure protections intended for Americans aren't extended to terrorists overseas; and (3) providing liability protection for telecom companies who are facing multibillion dollar lawsuits for supplying the U.S. government with telephone numbers of suspected terrorists.
Ignoring the president's warning the Judiciary Committee approved the new Democratic legislation, called the RESTORE Act, Wednesday on a party-line 20-14 vote. This year's update to the law allows the government to eavesdrop without a court order on communications conducted by a person reasonably believed to be outside the U.S. (Fox News)
· Praise God for His mercy - for the continued discovery of terror plots. Continue to pray that plans to take lives and destroy property would be uncovered and thwarted. Offer thanks for all serving us in intelligence and national security agencies. Thank God for the cooperation of intelligence agencies of Germany, France and other countries with U.S. authorities.
· "Great are Thy tender mercies, O Lord: quicken me according to Thy judgments." (Psalm 119:156)
4. TWELVE APPROPRIATIONS BILLS STALLED IN CONGRESS
President Bush Awaits Each One for Signature
The White House has reprimanded House Speaker Pelosi for not sending appropriations bills to the President for his signature 14 days after the new fiscal year began on October 1. Nor has she appointed conferees to reconcile differences between the House and Senate bills for the same appropriate bills, of which there are now 12. In the 2006 elections, Mrs. Pelosi called the then Republican Congress a "do- nothing" Congress. Yet, the Speaker is behaving as more than "do-nothing." Twelve bills were to be signed into law before the July 4 recess, but nothing happened then either. Both houses of Congress have passed 5 bills, but they have not been reconciled yet: one of those bills funds Homeland Security, which both houses passed 80 days ago. America must be financially responsible, and many of these bills are like a homeowners bills; they must be paid - and on time! (White House Communications Office)
· Pray that the blockage, wherever located, is released so that these appropriations bills can be put into law with the president's signature. There is a schedule for funding our programs, and the Speaker must fulfill her requirements. Pray for unity of purpose for our nation without the rancor that seems to afflict every bill so that we can truly be "One nation under God." · "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn." (Proverbs 29:2)
· Take up the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, and break the stranglehold in the Spirit that is blocking action on these critical bills. " Is not My word like a fire?" says the LORD, "And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?" (Jer. 23:29)
5. SENATE DEMOCRATS TRY TO RESURRECT "FAIRNESS DOCTRINE"
Democrat Leaders Want to Gag Free Speech of Rush Limbaugh and Other Talk Show Hosts
It is urgent that Christian Coalition of America supporters immediately contact both of their Senators to urge them to do everything they can to prevent legislation from advancing in the Senate which will reinstitute the so-called "Fairness Doctrine," which ultimately would take Rush Limbaugh and other talk show hosts, including even the few liberal talk show hosts, off the radio airwaves. Senator Norm Coleman, R-MN, said that the Fairness Doctrine is "the biggest misnomer since jumbo shrimp. The Fairness Doctrine flies in the face of the First Amendment. The idea of bringing it back is not just a bad idea, it is a dangerous idea."
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) had established this policy in 1949 "requiring broadcasters to provide fair and balanced public affairs related programming." Then the FCC abolished this doctrine in 1987 which resulted in the huge rise of radio talk shows, most of which are conservative. Left-wing members of Congress -- since talk show hosts such as Rush Limbaugh reach out to audiences of over 20 million -- are desperate to revive the so-called Fairness Doctrine and are determined to introduce legislation to do so in the 110th Congress which they control. Senator Coleman says the world has changed since 1949. Senator Coleman went on to say that the Fairness Doctrine may appear "on the surface as harmless," but that it "serves to chill the freedom of speech."
ACTION Item: Immediately call both of your Senators at 202-224-3121 or you can go to http://www.cc.org/contactcongress.cfm and urge them to vote NO on any legislation which would restore the "Fairness Doctrine." (Christian Coalition of America)
· If you CARE about this issue, as we do, then it IS time to take action! We thank the Christian Coalition for its leadership in this vital matter, and we invite you to prayerfully consider responding, as requested.
· "Even so, faith without works is dead." (James 2:20)
6. HOUSE COMMITTEE PASSES TURKISH GENOCIDE RESOLUTION
Speaker Pelosi Promises Swift Action on Floor Vote
Turkey, which is a key supply route to U.S. troops in Iraq, recalled its ambassador to Washington on Thursday and warned of serious repercussions if Congress labels the killing of Armenians by Turks a century ago as genocide. Ordered after a House committee endorsed the genocide measure, the summons of the ambassador for consultations was a further sign of the deteriorating relations between two longtime allies and the potential for new turmoil in an already troubled region.
Egeman Bagis, an aide to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, told Turkish media that Turkey - a conduit for many of the supplies shipped to American bases in both Iraq and Afghanistan - might have to "cut logistical support to the U.S." Analysts also have speculated the resolution could make Turkey more inclined to send troops into northern Iraq to hunt Turkish Kurd rebels, a move opposed by the U.S. because it would disrupt one of the few relatively stable and peaceful Iraqi areas. "There are steps that we will take," Turkey's prime minister told reporters, but without elaboration. It also wasn't clear if he meant his government would act immediately or wait to see what happens to the resolution in Congress. (AP)
In today's news, it was announced that the Turkish government will seek parliamentary approval for a military operation against Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq, action on one of two major issues straining relations with Washington. A spokesman, Cemil Cicek, said he hoped Parliament would vote on the motion this week - passage is considered likely - but indicated that the government would still prefer a solution to the conflict that does not involve a cross- border offensive. Cicek insisted the only target was the rebel Kurdistan Workers' Party, known as the PKK. (AP)
· Pray in the spirit over all news regarding the nation of Turkey in this hour. Ancient wounds need to be healed between the Turks and the Armenians -- a healing which is only possible through the work of the Cross. The tension between the Turks and the Kurdish rebels in Iraq is another matter entirely, but in the spirit, this is all connected. Ask the Lord to make a way where there now is no way to bring PEACE to all parties involved, from all sides. Pray!
· "For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father." (Eph. 2:14-17)
7. ATTORNEY GENERAL NOMINEE TO FACE SENATE HEARINGS THIS WEEK
Made His Name with Terror Cases
Michael Mukasey's experiences in the Padilla case and other terrorism prosecutions undergird his credentials for nomination to become attorney general. If confirmed by the Senate after hearings next week, the 66-year-old Bronx native will take over an embattled Justice Department. He will deal with Congress on national security issues that remain to be sorted out in the final year of the Bush administration - including rules for interrogating suspects and gathering evidence in terrorism cases. "If there is anybody who has a handle on the debate on terrorism issues, it's him," said David N. Kelley, who served as U.S. attorney in New York from 2003 to 2005. "He is one of the only people who has sufficient practical experience together with the intellectual ability." Mukasey is described by people who have worked with him as a serious-minded law- and-order judge, a reserved man whose work and life were shaped by terrorism cases and by the tightknit clan of prosecutors and lawyers who orbit the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Andrew Patel said he has had "more cases before Mukasey than I can count," calling him a "law-and- order judge" who has a deep reverence for the rule of law. "I don't always agree with where he comes out," Patel said, but "I am always happy to draw him as a judge. You are going to get your day in court.'" (The Washington Post)
· Lord, praise and honor to Your name. Your law is perfect and makes the simple wise. We ask for wisdom, knowledge and discretion over nominees and approved judges.
· "When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee; to deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh forward things . . ." (Prov.2;10-12)
8. BUSH POSITION ON TX DEATH ROW CASE DRAWS IRE OF CONSERVATIVES
The U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday in a case that will decide the fate of a Mexican national on death row in Texas for torturing, raping, and murdering two teenage girls in Houston. The Lone Star State is fighting to execute confessed killer Jose Medellin, but the Bush administration has ordered that the illegal alien be given a new hearing. The president wants state courts to comply with a decision by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) that says the U.S. should review the sentences and convictions of Medellin and 50 other Mexican-born death row inmates. Phil Kent, the national spokesman for Americans for Immigration Control, says the Bush Administration has made a "horribly wrong" move.
Kent argues President Bush is displaying "hypocrisy and two-facedness" because he has on one hand said he does not agree with the ICJ's interpretation of the Vienna Convention, yet on the other hand is ordering U.S. courts to abide by the international treaty. But Bush, he believes, has been very consistent about one thing since he was governor of Texas. "He is a globalist; he is not a constitutional conservative," says Kent. "Now, was he better than Al Gore and John Kerry, in terms of putting people on the court and things like that that Republicans care about? Yes, obviously -- but he is a globalist; he loves international law. He's going to trump Texas and take international law, which is maddening to most Americans -- and he's not even consistent about it." (OneNewsNow.com)
· Our president needs prayer like never before! His mind seems gripped by some inexplicable force that leads him to make statements that are being questioned by his strong conservative base. But should we be surprised? His father, George H. W. Bush, was the one who introduced the term New World Order to the American public. Pray that the Texas courts win in this situation, for the International Court has no jurisdiction in this nation and must never have.
· "Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God."
9. VICENTE FOX: "AMERO" PLANNED FOR CANADA, U.S., MEXICO
A Canadian company that specializes in global banking strategies and currency consulting is advising clients that the "amero" may be the currency of North America within 10 years. The aim is to make a borderless community, much like the European Union, with the U.S. dollar, the Canadian dollar and the Mexican peso being replaced by the amero.
Former Mexican President Vicente Fox confirmed openly for the first time the existence of a plan conceived with President Bush to create a new regional currency in the Americas, in an interview last night on CNN's "Larry King Live." Fox explained that the regional trade agreement encompassing the Western Hemisphere is intended to evolve into other previously hidden aspects of integration. Fox also answered in the affirmative about all of Latin America being united with one currency, indicating it was a long-term plan. He admitted he and President Bush had agreed to pursue the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas - a free-trade zone extending throughout the Western Hemisphere, suggesting part of the plan was to institute eventually a regional currency.
"Long term, very long term," he said. "What we proposed together, President Bush and myself, it's ALCA, which is a trade union for all the Americas." King, evidently startled by Fox's revelation of the currency, asked pointedly, "It's going to be like the euro dollar (sic), you mean?" "Well, that would be long, long term," Fox repeated. [Intercessors for America]
· This is clearly NWO. This move has to be stopped! Mexico is really the only nation to benefit from such an agreement, for the Canadian dollar is strong and the American dollar still buys. Praise the Lord that former President Fox let the "cat out of the bag." God established the boundaries of our nation, and like Israel, we are not to mess with God's boundaries. Pray that every media will attack this agreement loudly and vehemently.
· "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Ephesians 6:12)
10. NEW YORK TIMES POLL SHOWS EVANGELICALS AGREE WITH DR.DOBSON
Majority will only support a presidential candidate who shares their values. A New York Times/CBS News poll shows white, evangelical Republicans agree with Dr. James Dobson. Nearly 60 percent of those who plan to vote in the primaries said they could not support a candidate they didn't agree with on issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage. Eighty-six percent said presidential candidates should be judged on both their political record and their personal life.
Dr. Dobson has taken a beating in the media for promising to vote only for a candidate who shares his basic values, even if that means supporting a third- party candidate.
· Candidates, beware! American voters, like Elijah, are not alone. Praise the Lord that He prompted the NY Times to pursue this poll and then publish its findings, giving encouragement to every Christian voter. How can we "stand up for Jesus" as the old hymn says, if we fall for political expediency in fear? Let's keep Godly pressure on the candidates; may God's man for the office president rise to the top. Keep praying!
· "For I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world." (Romans 1:8)
11. HONORING ISLAM -- ONE MORE LOOK AT THIS ISSUE
From the White House to the local school board - a growing number of public officials seem compelled to trumpet the praises of Islam by hosting private and public events, even Islamic worship services in the halls of government. This goes far beyond a call for respect for religious liberty, and crosses what Bible students know to be a dangerous moral line. The First Commandment demands, "You shall have no other Gods before me" (Ex 20:3). "Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips" (Ex 23:13). America needs the grace and protection of the God of our fathers now, more than ever. White House and State Department Iftaars and Congressional resolutions honoring Ramadan may be well intended diplomacy, but they are an unnecessary affront to the faith of our fathers and that of most Americans today. Given increased governmental hostility toward historic biblical Christianity, these acclamations of Islam are wholly out of order. Even some Christian denominations and councils joined Muslims to pray and fast in observance of Ramadan. (Family Research Council)
· May God help America's leaders to uphold religious liberty, while setting an example of faithfulness to our Judeo-Christian roots, to God, the Bible, and to their own denomination. May we there be true revival among America's leaders and may choose leaders who, first of all, fear God.
· "You shall have no other Gods before me." (Ex 20:3)
12. PRESIDENT BUSH TO MEET IN PRIVATE WITH DALAI LAMA
Chinese Government Objects to Meetings in D.C. This Week
US President George W. Bush will meet privately on October 16 with Tibet's exiled spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, the White House announced Thursday, despite the risk of angering China. Bush will meet with the Dalai Lama in a private part of his White House residence away from the prying eyes of the press, White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said. The US leader has always met privately with the exiled Tibetan leader in the past, probably in a bid to lessen Beijing's fury at such a meeting. The day after their meeting here Bush will attend a ceremony at which the Dalai Lama will receive the Congressional Gold Medal at Capitol Hill.
China hit out earlier Thursday at the US Congress's plan to award its highest civilian honor to the Dalai Lama, saying it had made "solemn representations" over the plan to the US administration. "China resolutely opposes the US Congress's awarding of a so-called Congressional Gold Medal and firmly opposes any country and any person using the Dalai Lama issue to interfere in China's internal affairs," foreign ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao said. The congressional award is reserved for individuals who display the highest moral courage.
White House spokeswoman Dana Perino sought to downplay next week's meeting acknowledging that Bush "understands that the Chinese have concerns about this." But the US president "believes that as a leader and as the president of the United States and someone who always attends a Congressional Gold Medal ceremony that he is going to go and he will proudly be there to witness the event," Perino said. "We would hope that the Chinese leader would get to know the Dalai Lama as the president sees him, as a spiritual leader and someone who wants peace." The Dalai Lama "leads a movement that is aimed not only for independence from China, but for the rights of the Tibetan people," she said. (Agence France-Press)
· Join us in raising a GREAT CHORUS OF PRAISE TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST, COAST-TO-COAST, on Wednesday, October 17th, from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EDT, during the planned ceremony in the Capitol Rotunda. Let's decree that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD OVER THIS NATION, and there is NONE OTHER! AMEN!
· "You shall have no other Gods before me." (Ex 20:3)
13. ISRAELI GOVERNMENT THREATENS TO DIVIDE JERUSALEM
[Reported by: Bridges for Peace] As the US-sponsored Middle East peace summit approaches next month, a senior aide to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is actually suggesting his government is now open to the previously unthinkable prospect of dividing their capital city of Jerusalem. "Wouldn't it be the right deal today for the Palestinians, the Western world, and the international community to recognize (Israel's) annexation of (Jewish) neighborhoods as part of Jerusalem, and for us to quit the Arab neighborhoods?" Vice Premier Haim Ramon told Israel Radio.
Reuters reported that Ramon "made the comments as Israeli and Palestinian negotiators opened talks at a secret location in Israel over a joint document they hoped to present at a US-sponsored conference on Palestinian statehood." A spokesman for Olmert later called speculation that the government would divide Jerusalem "baseless and untrue," but Ramon's comments were public and on-the-record, which is what is fueling the enormous concern and speculation.
Opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu quickly and strongly denounced the government's talk of giving up control of Judea and Samaria (commonly known as the West Bank), as well as East Jerusalem, as dangerous and destabilizing, especially in light of the rising Hamas and Iranian threats to the Jewish state. "The unilateral withdrawal from Lebanon created an Iranian outpost-from which Israel is being attacked-in the North, and the unilateral pullout from Gaza created a second Iranian base in Gaza, 'Hamastan,'" Netanyahu said on the floor of the Knesset [Parliament]. "And now the government is planning a third withdrawal-from Judea and Samaria-that will lead to a third Iranian outpost. Giving Hamas half of Jerusalem will make the rest of Jerusalem unlivable. Giving up Judea and Samaria will transfer the areas controlling the coastal plain into the hands of Hamas, leading to Kassams on Tel Aviv. . . . according to the government's plans, Israel will pull back to the '67 borders. Obviously, this is the plan, and any attempts to disguise it are futile. We are facing an exact replica of the government's plan at the Camp David summit in 2000. This is no way to make peace."
Netanyahu is right. This would be a stunning and misguided move, and one that would further divide the Israeli public at a time that unity is desperately needed. A recent poll found 63% of Israelis are opposed to dividing the Holy City. Even Olmert's Cabinet is sharply divided on the issue. Now is the time to pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6), not carve it up and serve it to the radical Islamic jihadists now in charge of the Palestinian Authority. (By Joel C. Rosenberg, joelrosenberg.blogspot.com, October 9, 2007)
· Let's pray, as Joel has suggested, that the peace of Jerusalem will be secured, and we will never see the day of the division of the only city in the world God calls His own.
· "Look upon Zion, the city of our appointed feasts; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a quiet home, a tabernacle that will not be taken down; not one of its stakes will ever be removed, nor will any of its cords be broken." (Isaiah 33:20)
14. MK BENNY ELON PROPOSES ALTERNATIVE PALESTINIAN SOLUTION
SENATOR SAM BROWNBACK ENDORSES THE ELON ALTERNATIVE TO THE ROADMAP FOR "PEACE"
Israeli Knesset [Parliament] Member Benny Elon has a new way of approaching the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and his plan received an international endorsement on Wednesday, October 10, from US Senator Sam Brownback, a Republican presidential hopeful from Kansas. Brownback's support was unveiled in a video at a press conference for Elon's "Israeli Initiative," which would provide humanitarian aid for the Palestinian refugees, as well as Jordanian citizenship for those Palestinians in the West Bank (Judea and Samaria). This would eliminate the political solution of a Palestinian state and would place the West Bank under Israeli sovereignty.
In return, Elon's initiative would provide Jordan with economic support from the international community, and the Israel Defense Forces' presence in the West Bank would discourage the advancement of radical political Islam. For the Palestinian refugees, the plan would give them aid to improve their situation and address some of their complaints against Israel.
Brownback hailed Elon's plan for addressing the humanitarian needs of the refugees and for involving Jordan. He also appreciated the moving away from the formation of a separate Palestinian state and land for peace.
Brownback did not endorse all of the "Israeli Initiative." For example, he said that he believes the Palestinian Authority [PA] could function in an organizational capacity for the Palestinian people. Under the plan proposed by Elon, the PA would cease to be a recognized representative body. This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . . Holy is Your name; Holiness befits You. Thank You that it is not on my merit that I can approach You, but it is because of the shed Blood of Yeshua, Jesus, that I can approach Your throne of grace, and I have the privilege to call You Holy -- Ka-dosh. (Taken from: Intimate Moments with the Hebrew Names of God, by Barri Cae Malin and Shmuel Wolkenfeld; Bridge-Logos Publishers; Gainesville, FL, 32614. ISBN: 0-88270-801-5)
Overall, however, Brownback believes the plan is a realistic effort and thinks it needs to be considered by the international community. "I want to emphasize that it is a way forward, so that we don't go back to old solutions that haven't been working, and instead we break out of the box, and we look at a different way that can work, that works for everybody," said Brownback.
(By Joshua Spurlock, BFP Israel Mosaic Radio, October 11, 2007)
· Offer PRAISE for this breakthrough concept, and for the fact the Senator Sam Brownback has already endorsed this plan. Keep praying!
· "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
"All the earth bows down to You; they sing praise to You, they sing praise to Your name." (Psalm 66:4)
This Week, Worship Our Lord As . . .
Holy is Your name; Holiness befits You. Thank You that it is not on my merit that I can approach You, but it is because of the shed Blood of Yeshua, Jesus, that I can approach Your throne of grace, and I have the privilege to call You Holy -- Ka-dosh.
(Taken from: Intimate Moments with the Hebrew Names of God, by Barri Cae Malin and Shmuel Wolkenfeld; Bridge-Logos Publishers; Gainesville, FL, 32614. ISBN: 0-88270-801-5)