1. Democrats advance pro-homosexual bill - One News Now
..Representative Barney Frank is leading advocate of homosexual agenda in congress!
Democrats on Thursday sent to the full House, legislation that would prohibit workplace discrimination against homosexuals and bisexuals, despite bitter complaints from some because transgendered workers would not be protected under the bill. The vote on the Equal Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) is expected on the House floor this week.
· Heavenly Father, we pray that this assault against the laws that You have ordained will come to nothing. Put confusion in their camp so they will not be able to pass this bill. They will not acknowledge You, but YOU are in control. Amen!
· When I said, 'This far you may come, but no farther, And here your proud waves must stop!' (Job 38:11)
2. Bush Asks $46 Billion More for Wars - CBN News
President Bush will go to lawmakers on Capitol Hill to ask for another $46 billion to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
· Lord, we pray that there will be wisdom in the decisions about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. We pray that there will be many victories in both nations so that we can use that money elsewhere.
· Some Gadites joined David at the stronghold in the wilderness, mighty men of valor, men trained for battle, who could handle shield and spear, whose faces were like the faces of lions, and were as swift as gazelles on the mountains. (1 Chronicles 12:8)
3. GOP Debate: Who is More Conservative? - CBN News
Republican presidential candidates clashed Sunday over who is conservative enough to defeat Democratic front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton.
· We pray Lord, that You will make it evident who is the one that You have chosen to lead us. Let him be a man of God, righteous, and full of Your wisdom and truth.
· Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah. (1 Samuel 16:13)
4. Raging Calif. Fires Burn Scores of Homes - ABC News
Wildfires blown by fierce desert winds Monday reduced hundreds of Southern California homes to ashes, forced hundreds of thousands of people to flee and laid a hellish, spidery pattern of luminous orange over the drought-stricken region.
· Lord, You are in control of all. You are King of kings and Lord of lords. You speak and the winds obey You. We pray that the winds will die down and the rains will come to put out all the fires.
· Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name, If you know? (Proverbs 30:4)
5. Georgia Seeks Water Disaster Declaration - AP
With water supplies rapidly shrinking during a drought of historic proportions, Gov. Sonny Perdue declared a state of emergency Saturday for the northern third of Georgia and asked President Bush to declare it a major disaster area.
· We pray that You will break this draught upon Georgia and other places that need rain.
· Now it happened in the meantime that the sky became black with clouds and wind, and there was a heavy rain. So Ahab rode away and went to Jezreel. (1 Kings 18:45)
6. Turkey reinforces Iraq border - Washington Times
Turkey poured additional troops and tanks into the Iraqi border area yesterday, even as it agreed to a U.S. appeal for "a few more days" to resolve a dispute over Kurdish rebel bases in Iraq.
· We pray the peace of the Lord upon Turkey's leaders and upon that area of conflict in northern Iraq. We pray that Iraqi officials will take control of those rebels and their bases to cause them to desist their attacks against Turkey.
· And the men of Gibeon sent to Joshua at the camp at Gilgal, saying, "Do not forsake your servants; come up to us quickly, save us and help us, for all the kings of the Amorites who dwell in the mountains have gathered together against us." (Joshua 10:6)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:14)
1. Israel worried Egypt will let terrorists enter Gaza - Ha'aretz
Israel is becoming increasingly worried that Egypt will allow more Palestinian terrorists to enter the Gaza Strip through the Sinai border.
2. Kurdish militants' other front: Iran - Int'l Herald Tribune
Deadly raids into Turkey by Kurdish militants holed up in northern Iraq are the focus of urgent diplomacy, with Turkey threatening invasion of Iraq and the United States pleading for restraint while expressing solidarity with Turkish anger.
3. Abbas confident solution will be found by 2009 - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, expressed confidence Monday a solution would be found to the Middle East crisis before the end of 2008. He also stressed the importance of reconciliation with Hamas.
4. 'Hamas is creating humanitarian crisis to pressure Israel' - Jerusalem Post
Hamas is unnecessarily endangering Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip by generating phony humanitarian crises, head of the Gaza Coordination Liaison Administration (CLA) Col. Nir Press said Monday