The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
“I looked, but there was no one to help, and I wondered that there was no one to uphold; therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me; and My own fury, it sustained Me.” (Isaiah 63:5)
1. Egypt uncovers 2 Gaza border tunnels - Ynet News
Egyptian authorities uncovered two new tunnels along the border with the Gaza Strip and arrested a Palestinian man trying to cross through one, a security official said Sunday.
2. Hamas: Deal awaiting Israel's answer - Ynet News
After officials in Jerusalem confirmed that progress had in fact been made in negotiations towards kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit's release, Hamas officials noted that a prisoner swap deal had "advanced considerably".
3. IDF troops wound top Abbas-aligned terror chief- Jerusalem Newswire
IDF troops on Saturday shot and wounded top Fatah terror boss Zakariya Zubeidi during an armed clash in the northern Samaria town of Jenin.
4. 'Palestinians' want 1,400 killers for abducted soldier - Jerusalem Newswire
Due to what PLO chief Mahmoud Abbas described as herculean efforts on his part, the "Palestinians" have finally transfered to Israel a list of security prisoners they want released in exchange for an abducted IDF soldier.
5. Hizb'allah getting official support in rearming effort- Jerusalem Newswire
Lebanese defense officials are directly aiding Hizb'allah in its efforts to rearm following last summer's war with Israel, charged Lebanese Druze leader Walid Jumblatt on Saturday.