Iran in the News
“Your right hand, O LORD, has become glorious in power; Your right hand, O LORD, has dashed the enemy in pieces. And in the greatness of Your excellence You have overthrown those who rose against You.” (Exodus 15:6–7a)
1. Iraqi Twist in Iran Crisis;
Baghdad says it's negotiating release of 5 Iranians - AP
Foreign minister: 'This will be a factor that will help in the release of the British sailors and marines'; seized Tehran envoy freed.
• "Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life." (Is. 43:4)
2. Iranian security chief raises hopes of deal - London Telegraph
One of Iran's most senior politicians offered new hope for the swift release of 15 captured British sailors and marines, saying direct negotiations were underway and the situation was "quite resolvable" through diplomatic means.
3. Iran Nuclear Bomb Could Be Possible by 2009 - ABC News
Iran has more than tripled its ability to produce enriched uranium in the last three months, adding some 1,000 centrifuges which are used to separate radioactive particles from the raw material.
4. Iranian president lauds suicide bombers as invincible - Ynet News
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad praised his country's ability to recruit "hundreds of suicide bombers a day," saying "suicide is an invincible weapon."