A man has been arrested by federal agents on charges of planning to set off hand grenades at an Illinois shopping mall on Dec. 22 as part of his plan to commit "violent jihad" against civilians.
• Offer praise that this man was apprehended and this plot has been foiled. Continue to pray over all the malls in our nation, so that our citizens may remain safe during this holiday season. • "No weapon forged against you shall prosper." (Is. 54:17)
2. Baker report: Israel must withdraw from Golan - Ynet News
The Baker-Hamilton report submitted Wednesday evening to US President George W. Bush marks a change in the American policy regarding the Middle East, particularly on the Israeli-Syrian channel.
• Lord, open the eyes to cause these leaders to recognize Your will and plan for Israel and the land they are to possess. • "For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them." (Ps. 44:3)
3. Bush: We can't impose deal on Israel, Palestinians - Ynet News
U.S. President George W Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair hold a press conference in the White House Complex December 7, 2006 in Washington, DC.Photograph by : Brendan Smialowski/Getty Images
The Baker-Hamilton report submitted to President George W. Bush on Wednesday evening proclaimed the urgent need to advance an immediate Israeli- Arab peace but President Bush took the stage Thursday evening in a joint press conference with UK PM Tony Blair and clarified that he cannot impose an agreement on both sides, no matter how much the US wants to impose it.
• "Lord, exalt Israel above the nations, do not allow the wicked schemes against her to prosper. Do not grant, O Lord, the desires of the wicked. Do not further his wicked scheme, lest they be exalted." (Ps. 140:8)
4. Government Report Shows FEMA Only Recouped 1% Of $1 Billion In Bogus Claims - All Headline News
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) report to be released on Wednesday indicates that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has only recouped about 1 percent of $1 billion in bogus claims that were made for disaster aid.
• Lord, send revival that heals the heart. Stir the hearts of people toward repentance that our government will not waste resources on unrighteousness, so that those who received deceitfully will be convicted to restore according to Your word. • "Yet when he is found, he shall restore sevenfold; he may have to give up all the subtance of his house." (Prov. 6:31)
5. Lawmakers Reach Agreement on Indian Nuclear Fuel Trade - AP
Lawmakers Thursday reached an agreement Thursday on a bill that will allow U.S. shipments of civilian nuclear fuel to India in exchange for Indian safeguards and inspections at its 14 civilian nuclear plants.
• We pray for protection over these shipments and wisdom that brings prosperity for both countries. • "With your wisdom and understanding, you have gained riches for yourself, and gathered gold and silver into your treasuries. By your great wisdom in trade you have increased your riches. . . . " (Ezek. 28:4-5)
6. New Jersey Lawmakers Okay Civil Unions, Won't Call It 'Marriage' - Reuters
A panel of New Jersey lawmakers Thursday okayed a bill that would give same-sex partners the same legal rights as married couples but refused to call those partnerships "marriage."
• Lord, we abhor this compromise toward evil. We ask Your forgiveness. We make a declaration to stand on the solid ground of Your word. • "Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish." (Ps.1:5-6)