"But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. (Proverbs 4:18)
1. Bush has five polyps removed in colon cancer screening - Int'l Herald Tribune
Doctors have removed five small polyps from President George W. Bush's colon during a cancer screening that forced him to relinquish his presidential powers to Vice President Dick Cheney for two hours and five minutes.
· Thank You Father for once again watching over our leader and President. You came to give us abundant life and we thank You for Your mercies that are renewed every morning! · ". . .the thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep." (John 10, 11)
2. Senate Scrap Looms Over Judicial Nominee - CNSNews.com
Twenty years after President Ronald Reagan's failed nomination of Judge Robert Bork to the Supreme Court, another fight is brewing in the U.S. Senate over a judicial nominee - this time, over Leslie Southwick, a nominee to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
· Father, we pray that only righteous people that You have appointed will be seated in our nation's judicial benches. We pray that despite people's partisanship, we will quickly and without contention seat righteous people to judge! · "You shall appoint judges and officers in all your gates, which the Lord your God gives you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with just judgment." (Deuteronomy 16:18)
3. President signs anti-torture order - Washington Times
President Bush yesterday signed an executive order requiring the CIA to follow international conventions banning torture when it questions detainees in its secret interrogation program for top captured terrorists.
· Father God, we pray that our nation will never allow nor practice any type of interrogation for captured terrorists that is torture. We pray that our nation will forever be a righteous nation! · "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan." (Proverbs 29:2)
4. The Surge Succeeds - American Thinker
It's now quite clear how the results of the surge will be dealt with by domestic opponents of the Iraq war. They're going to be ignored. They're being ignored now. Virtually no media source or Democratic politician (and not a few Republicans, led by Richard "I can always backtrack" Lugar) is willing to admit that the situation on the ground has changed dramatically over the past three months. Coalition efforts have undergone a remarkable reversal of fortune, a near- textbook example as to how an effective strategy can overcome what appear to be overwhelming drawbacks.
·Thank You, Lord and we praise Your name for You are worthy of all praise! Despite the doomsayer's prediction that this surge will not work, You are doing a great thing to help us in these battle! We rely solely on You for our victories! Hallelujah! Amen! · "Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God: "None of My words will be postponed any more, but the word which I speak will be done," says the Lord God.' " (Ezekiel 12:28)
5. Support for Initial Invasion Has Risen, Poll Shows - NY Times
Americans' support for the initial invasion of Iraq has risen somewhat as the White House has continued to ask the public to reserve judgment about the war until at least the fall. In a New York Times/CBS News poll conducted over the weekend, 42 percent of Americans said that looking back, taking military action in Iraq was the right thing to do, while 51 percent said the United States should have stayed out of Iraq.
· Lord, we pray that You will united our nation with one vision of what we need to do in order to remain a safe! We pray that people will see that what we have done in the past has helped to protect our nation! Unite us, Lord! · "Tell them therefore, 'Thus says the Lord God: "I will lay this proverb to rest, and they shall no more use it as a proverb in Israel." But say to them, "The days are at hand, and the fulfillment of every vision." (Ezekiel 12:23)
6. So what are we doing about 'failed' Muslim communities here? - Jewish World Review
Among the key judgments of the recently released National Intelligence Estimate was a conclusion that "a growing number of radical, self-generating cells in Western countries indicate that the radical and violent segment of the West's Muslim population is expanding, including in the United States."
· Lord, we pray for You to secure our borders and not allow anyone, any spirit or anything to come within our borders that will create havoc and that You will turn this nation back to a strong Christian nation and one that spreads the gospel! · "Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, Neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, And your gates Praise." (Isaiah 60:18)
7. 'Islamic Takeover Possible' in Turkey - Ynet News
Landslide victory for Turkey's conservative, Islamic- based party has seculars worried about continuing separation of religion and state, and even possible an Islamic takeover.
· Lord, You are the true God and we claim Turkey to be a nation that will side with the west and not with Iran, Lebanon, and Syria. We pray they will be a great ally of America and the west! We pray for the gospel to saturate the Middle East quickly! · "Now I know that the Lord is greater than all the gods; for in the very thing in which they behaved proudly, He was above them." (Exodus 18:11)