To read the short form of yesterday's Brief,
please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
"In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them. 9 It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:8,9)
To help sustain our work,please go here. Thank you!
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Charlie Gard Updates
Charlie Gard Updates
1. American Delegation Visits to Support his Parents - Breaking Christian News (Excerpt, as of Friday, July 7th)
International pro-life activists Rev. Patrick Mahoney, Bobby Schindler, and Catherine Glenn Foster were supposed to be in the meeting with Charlie's parents and hospital officials, which was supposed to be at 5:00 p.m. London time. It was moved to an earlier time, the activists told LifeSiteNews in an exclusive interview.
Mahoney, standing outside Great Ormond Street Hospital, told LifeSiteNews via phone: "This is obviously a significant victory for Charlie and his family first, but [also] for parental rights. The fact that the hospital is willing to consider new information-I'm sure this is connected with the overtures made by the New York Presbyterian and Columbia University hospitals and other universities."
"Some of the doctors are saying there's a ten percent chance with this experimental treatment that Charlie's life could significantly improve," said Mahoney. "Ten percent is a significant number." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for sending this delegation of American, pro-life activists to stand with the parents of Charlie Gard in their battle for life. We pray that their efforts, too, would be successful, so that these parents will seize a victory, in Your name, amen.
- "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants." (Deut. 30:19)
2. Charlie Gard court case: Parents have just 48 hours to prove untested, experimental technique works - The Telegraph News (UK)
July 10, 2017 -- High Court judge has given Charlie Gard's parents less than 48 hours to prove an experimental treatment works, while taking a sideswipe at Donald Trump for interfering in the case.
Mr Justice Francis ordered Charlie's parents to provide new evidence that would show an untested therapy would be effective. The High Court judge gave the couple until 2pm on Wednesday to produce the material ahead of a further hearing on Thursday morning to decide the 11-month-old's fate.
In a seeming swipe at the US president, who posted on Twitter a week ago: "If we can help little #CharlieGard... we would be delighted to do so", Mr Justice Francis told the court: "I have to decide this case not on the basis of tweets but on the basis of clear evidence."
Mr Gard and Miss Yates, from Bedfont, in west London, want to send their son to America or Italy for treatment for his rare genetic condition, claiming new research shows he could improve by at least 'ten per cent'.
The judge said: "You are going to have to persuade me that something new or dramatic has changed." (Read much more here.)
- Father God, we once again appeal to the High Court of Heaven on behalf of the life of Charlie Gard, and we ask for a miracle. Father God, we ask that You would help his parents find solid evidence that the alternative methods discussed will, indeed, save the life of their child. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee!" (Jeremiah 32:17)
3. Congressmen push to give Charlie Gard family US residency, as judge allows new hearing - Fox News
House lawmakers are pushing to grant legal U.S. residency to terminally ill British baby Charlie Gard and his family so they can seek treatment in America -- a development that comes as a London court granted the family a brief reprieve.
"Let's give him a fighting chance," Rep. Brad Wenstrup, R-Ohio, told "Fox & Friends."
His parents want him to be sent to the United States for experimental therapy -- Wenstrup and Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., say they'll introduce a bill to grant the family legal permanent residence, presumably easing their path to seeking life-saving treatment in the U.S.
The London court put a little more time on the clock Monday, giving Gard's parents until Wednesday afternoon to submit new evidence their son should receive experimental treatment that could save his life. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask Your hand of blessing to rest upon these two members of Congress, who are working to save the life of this little one. We ask that their efforts be successful, in Your name, amen.
- " . . . if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
Focus on Israel
1. Israel wants Trump to consider alternative approach in peace process - World Israel News
During a weekly meeting with the political party he chairs, Yisrael Beiteinu, Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman called upon US President Donald Trump's advisor on Israel, Jason Greenblatt, to end efforts aimed at a bilateral peace agreement with the Palestinian Authority (PA).
"I doubt if we can advance anything, let alone a historic or far-reaching agreement," Liberman said, according to the Jerusalem Post.
Greenblatt, tweeted on Sunday night that he was "headed back to Israel and the Palestinian Territories to continue our efforts to try to achieve a lasting peace."
2. Police detain 6, among them Netanyahu associates, in submarine fraud investigation - Times of Israel
Police detained six people for questioning on Monday morning, including a number of former senior public officials, suspected of corruption in the potentially fraudulent purchase of naval vessels from Germany.
The suspects were brought in as part of an ongoing investigation into the so-called "Case 3000," or the "submarine affair," in which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's personal lawyer David Shimron is suspected of attempting to sway multi-billion-shekel deals in favor of the German shipbuilder ThyssenKryupp, which he represented in Israel.
3. Israel hands over third electricity station to Palestinian Authority - YNET News
3. State-owned Israel Electric Corporation and the Palestinian Authority signed an agreement on Monday to boost Israeli electrical supply to the West Bank, even as Gaza endures daily blackouts in a Palestinian political dispute. Under the deal, a new electrical substation was inaugurated near the West Bank city of Jenin.
Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah and Israeli Energy Ministry Yuval Steinitz cut the red ribbon in a show of Israeli-Palestinian cooperation, three years after peace talks collapsed. The facility will transmit 60 megawatts of electricity purchased from the Israel Electric Corp (IEC), officials said. The West Bank is dependent on Israeli electricity and the internationally-funded substation is one of four that will be operated in the area by a Palestinian Authority-owned transmission company.
4. Israeli soldier wounded in Gush Etzion terrorist ramming - Israel Hayom
A Palestinian terrorist rammed a vehicle into an Israeli observation post near the town of Tekoa in Gush Etzion on Monday, wounding a soldier. The Israeli troops stationed at the post shot and killed the attacker immediately.
The soldier reportedly sustained moderate injuries. He was taken to Jerusalem's Shaarei Zedek Medical Center for treatment.
Around 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, the terrorist drove into an intersection in Gush Etzion and rammed his car into a so-called "pillbox," an IDF observation post. The impact of the ramming caused a streetlight to collapse and wound the soldier.
5. Rwanda's Kagame visiting as Israel looks to boost Africa ties - Times of Israel
Rawandan President Paul Kagame began a two-day visit to Israel on Monday for talks focused on boosting cooperation for the future, but also touching on the two nations' common experience in the past overcoming the horrors of genocide.
"We are two nations who understand the horror of genocide, and we must show what humanity can achieve with cooperation and understanding," President Reuven Rivlin told Kagame at the presidential residence in Jerusalem.
"We know that Rwanda is now going to be member of the UN Human Rights Council. This is a body which is always against Israel, so we welcome all those who are prepared to speak for us," Rivlin said.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump Team: Meeting With Russian Lawyer a Setup to Discredit Him - Newsmax
Donald Trump Jr. arranged a meeting last year after his father won the Republican presidential nomination with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin, The New York Times reported Saturday. The report on the meeting, held June 9 at Trump Tower in Manhattan, was based on "confidential government records described" to the Times. The meeting also was attended by Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump's campaign chairman at the time, and Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law.
The Times described the session as "the first confirmed private meeting between a Russian national and members of Mr. Trump's inner circle during the campaign. "It is also the first time that his son Donald J. Trump Jr. is known to have been involved in such a meeting," the Times reported.
Representatives of both Trump Jr. and Kushner confirmed the meeting. Trump Jr. described the meeting to the Times as primarily about an adoption program. Because he does not serve in his father's White House and does not have a security clearance, Trump Jr. is not required to disclose his foreign contacts. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that these ridiculous accusations will cease against the President and his family. It has grown totally out of control.
- "Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men." (Proverbs 22:29)
2. Where is Michael Flynn? Ex-national security adviser near center of Russian meddling scandal missing - Washington Times
The Russian election meddling drama's mystery man - former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn- has not been seen publicly in nearly a half-year amid a swirl of investigations, media reports and speculation about his activities.
How different it was 12 months ago when the retired Army general took center stage at the Republican National Convention to lead a blistering chant of "lock her up" in reference to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. Meanwhile, the failed coup attempt in Turkey last year secured him roughly a half-million dollars in consultation work.
Since then, the dramatic fall of the shortest-serving national security adviser in White House history has been well-documented, as have the unprecedented number of Washington investigations into his dealings.
The question now is: Where has he been? (Read more)
- Lord we pray that Michael Flynn is OK, and that You will touch his heart and mind to bring Your peace from the uproar that has been around him for so many months. May he seek Your Face, Lord to learn from his situation.
- "Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path because of my enemies." (Psalm 27:11)
3. Comey's private memos on Trump conversations contained classified material - The Hill
More than half of the memos former FBI Director James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.
This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency's rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton for in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.
Comey testified last month he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a friend. He asked that friend, a lawyer at Columbia University, to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director. (Read more)
- Lord we ask that this entire attack force against the President be torn down. We thank You for this major revelation, and pray for more truth to be revealed.
- "Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications." (Psalm 130:2b)
4. McCain Says Republican Healthcare Bill Likely Dead - Newsmax
A senior U.S. Republican senator predicted on Sunday that the Republican bill to roll back Obamacare would likely fail, adding to growing signs that the bill is in trouble.
"My view is that it's probably going to be dead," Senator John McCain, a senior U.S. Republican, said on the CBS program, "Face the Nation."
The Senate bill, which faces unified Democratic opposition, has been further imperiled during a week-long recess where several Republican senators have had to return to their states and face constituents strongly opposed to the bill. Senators return to Washington on Monday. (Read more)
- Father we ask for a solid, balanced solution to the healthcare mess that was Obamacare. We ask that You move across the hearts of all in Congress to show them the exact truth, rather than stating things according to personal political bias.
- "Cast out the scoffer and contention will leave; yes strife and reproach will cease." (Proverbs 22:10)
5. De Blasio skips slain NYPD cop's vigil to praise police in Germany - Fox News
Mayor de Blasio flew all the way to Hamburg, Germany, to praise that city's police in a speech - while cops back home continued to mourn, without him, the assassination of one of their own in The Bronx.
"Our right to protest is directly related to the fact that our police protect us," Hizzoner told a crowd of thousands at the outdoor Hamburg Shows Attitude rally protesting the G-20 summit Saturday. "So help me by joining in applause and thanks for the police," he said as the crowd cheered. "There have also been great acts of bravery and restraint," he said. "Remember, our police are working men and women, too."
But Hamburg police weren't feeling the love, despite the praises of "Burgermeister de Blasio." By Saturday night - after two days of rioting - more than 200 Hamburg cops had been injured by a rowdy minority of bottle - and firebomb-tossing protesters, according to CNN.
And back home, the mayor missed an evening vigil honoring slain NYPD Officer Miosotis -Familia at the 46th Precinct station house where she worked in The Bronx. Familia, 48, a mother of three, was shot in the head early Wednesday by a cop-loathing ¬parolee as she sat in a police command vehicle. (Read more)
- Father, this man has a heart problem against police in his own city. We ask that you realign this man's priorities to be for his own constituents. He not only missed the vigil, he missed a swearing in ceremony that was done amid the grief of so many NYPD officers. Father, remove him from his position if you are unable to change his heart.
- "Help, Lord, for the godly man ceases! For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men." (Psalm 12:1)
6. Syrian ceasefire largely holds as UN peace talks start in Geneva - DW
A partial ceasefire brokered by the US and Russia appears to have held in southwestern Syria. Government and opposition delegations holding a seventh round of UN-sponsored talks in Geneva. Combat was halted in the three southern provinces covered by the truce - Daraa, Quneitra, and Sweida - after the ceasefire started at noon local time, a monitor told the French news agency AFP.
"The main fronts in the three provinces between regime forces and opposition factions have seen a cessation of hostilities and shelling since this morning, with the exception of a few scattered shells fired on Daraa city before noon," Rami Abdel Rahman, head of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said on Sunday night.
The agreement reportedly provides for the withdrawal from the truce region of Iranian-backed forces and Hezbollah, key backers of President Bashar al-Assad's regime. Both Israel and Jordan have expressed alarm at these forces controlling the border.
The deal also means humanitarian aid deliveries may get through to the designated ceasefire areas and enable a gradual repatriation of refugees from Jordan. The deal was announced on Friday and was brokered by the US, Russia and Jordan. (Read more)
- Father, thank You for this respite for the people of Syria, and the many Christians there. We ask for a move of Your Spirit throughout that country, to heal, change hearts and minds.
- "We give thanks to God always for you all, making mentions of you in our prayers." (1 Thess. 1:2)
7. Costa Rican police arrest Colombian man, 22, 'planning a terror attack at an Ariana Grande concert after he sent organisers threatening messages in Arabic' - Daily Mail
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of planning a terror attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Costa Rica. Detectives launched a manhunt on Saturday after threatening messages were posted in Arabic on a webpage of the concert organisers.
The suspect, with the last names Caicedo Lopez, a 22-year-old from Colombia, was held in a 6am raid on his flat in Tibas, near the capital San Jose, yesterday. Officers seized two mobile phones allegedly used to make the threats. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You that this man was arrested before he could accomplish yet another massacre. We also pray that Ariana Grande will find You.
- "Let evil hunt the violent man to overthrow him." (Psalm 140:11b)
8. Oregon Gov. Kate Brown Will Sign Bill for Free Abortions for All, Including Illegal Aliens - Life News
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown says she will sign a bill that would force health insurers and taxpayers to pay for free abortions for residents and illegal immigrants. The radical pro-abortion bill passed the state Senate on Wednesday on a party-line vote, the AP reports. The state House pushed through the bill earlier this week.
The pro-abortion bill would require health insurers to provide free abortions to patients without a co-pay. It also would set aside $10.2 million tax dollars for abortions, contraception and other reproductive health services for 2017 through 2019 in Medicaid, much of which pro-life advocates say will go to Planned Parenthood, the report states. But Brown says she will sign it into law soon.
Brown responded on Twitter after the yes vote, saying "I'm proud the House helped fulfill our duty to ensure all Oregon's children have access to health care by passing #CoverAllKids today. The ability to control our bodies and make informed decisions about health are critical to providing all Oregonians the opportunity to achieve our full potential and live productive, thriving lives," Brown explained in an email, according to The Times. "Attempts to deny access to contraceptives and family planning are an attack on all Oregonians, particularly women of color, low-income and young women," she added. (Read more)
- Lord this is a horrifying development in the state of Oregon. We pray that You will rise up against it and cut down the evil that underlies it.
- "The wicked will fall by his own wickedness." (Proverbs 11:5b)
9. Seattle to vote on implementing income tax on just the wealthy - Fox News
Seattle, a city located in one of seven states without a personal income tax, is debating whether to implement one on its wealthiest residents Monday.
Under a proposal being considered by the Seattle City Council, only the top earning residents would be subject to the income tax - those individuals with incomes in excess of $250,000 and those filing jointly with incomes in excess of $500,000 would pay a 2.25% tax. The tax is largely expected to pass; the council's finance committee gave the proposal the green light last week, even raising the rate from 2% to 2.25%, according to The Seattle Times. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray that this city will find a balance in all of their dealings. We ask the Your Holy Spirit move on the hearts of all Seattle legislators to see truth and find Your way in the midst of these situations.
- "Keep sound wisdom and discretion; so they will be life to your soul and grace to your neck." (Proverbs 3: 21b,22)
10. Ohio shooting: 1 dead, 8 wounded in ambush at gender reveal party - Fox News
One woman was killed and eight other people, including three children, were injured late Saturday after two men wearing all black opened fire at a gender reveal party in Ohio, officials said. One of those injured was the pregnant woman who was giving the party. A gender reveal party is where friends and family gather to announce the sex of the baby. The unidentified woman told Fox 19 that she lost her child, a boy, after being shot in the leg. Officers responded to the home in Colerain Township, outside Cincinnati around 11:30 p.m., said police spokesman Jim Love. He told Fox 19 that five adults and three children were all watching television in the living room when the men began shooting handguns. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that You will comfort those who were affected by this tragedy, especially the woman who lost her baby. We ask that you find the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
- "Arise, O Lord! O God, lift up Your hand! Do not forget the humble." (Psalm 10:12)
11. Wildfires send children fleeing from California summer camps - ABC News
A pair of Santa Barbara County wildfires quickly spread Saturday, threatening hundreds of homes and forcing evacuations at a popular lakeside campground and a summer camp where flames temporarily trapped children and counselors, a fire official said. The fire that started in the early afternoon had spread to both sides of Highway 154 and was "completely out of control," county fire Capt. Dave Zaniboni said. About 90 children and 50 counselors were struck at the Circle V Ranch and had to take shelter there until they could be safely evacuated.
The fire was one of three in the state that grew quickly as much of California baked in heat that broke records in parts of Southern California.
A record that stood 131 years in Los Angeles was snapped when the temperature spiked at 98 degrees downtown. The previous record of 95 degrees was set in 1886, the National Weather Service said. Excessive heat sent Southern Californians flocking to beaches and in search of water, shade and air conditioning to escape the heat. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for Your Mighty Hand to stop these raging fires quickly and save the region from total destruction. Let Your Holy Spirit touch the lives of those who are affected, bringing refreshing and hope.
- " So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found none." (Ezekiel 22:30)
The Daily Jot
Monday, July 10, 2017
Persecution and prophetic people
Many Americans are worried about persecution. They see religious freedoms dwindling away by the actions of leaders who have been elected to represent all the people, but represent the self interests of the devil himself. But persecution in the United States is not at the level it is around the rest of the world. We become upset and worried if the government uses the force of law on someone who refuses to go against their religious beliefs. In the Middle East, however, women and children are being raped, sold into slavery, tortured, even beheaded or burned to death by Muslims because they are considered infidels. In China, homes are bull-dozed if Christians are found to be meeting in them.
If not for America, the world would be a dark place. We send aid, protection, food, and the gospel around the world. Even though our country is in a moral decline, and the leadership we elect are often evil deceivers, Americans have stood the test of time, using religious freedom and freedom of speech to advance the kingdom of God. No matter how convoluted and circuitous the path America has taken, Americans more often than not have stood in the breach and have held the line for what is right and good. For a generation, it appears we have taken leave of our good senses and have allowed our nation to slowly decline. We are now starting to face the consequences of this lack of proper standing and engagement.
But take courage, and be encouraged. As is written 1 Peter 2:9,"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." You, yes you, are a prophetic person who was born specifically for this time. When you accepted Christ, you may not have understood about counting the cost. Jesus said that we would have to take up the cross to follow him. Those costs are becoming more evident in this day and age for those of us who live in America. Our leadership is poor. Our nation is in decline. Our Christianity is being challenged. As is our faith. But you are a chosen generation.
Peter had a lot to say about persecution. He knew it well. He writes in 1 Peter 3:12, "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous. And his ears are open unto their prayers: But the face of the Lord is against them that do evil." He asks, "And who is he that will harm you, if you be followers of that which is good." Peter said it is better to suffer for righteousness' sake, verses 14-15, "happy are you: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ." You are a prophetic person. Rise up. Stand as so!
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
WHEN I SURVEY THE WONDROUS CROSS
"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ."
WHEN I SURVEY THE WONDROUS CROSS
"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast, Save in the death of Christ my God! All the vain things that charm me most, I sacrifice them to His blood.
See from His head, His hands, His feet, Sorrow and love flow mingled down! Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
His dying crimson, like a robe, Spreads o'er His body on the tree; Then I am dead to all the globe, And all the globe is dead to me.
Were the whole realm of nature mine, That were a present far too small; Love so amazing, so divine, Demands my soul, my life, my all.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Isaac Watts, 1707
Music: Lowell Mason, 1824
About the hymn:
Charles Wesley reportedly said he would give up all his other hymns to have written this one.
Signs and Wonders
Forget Planet 9-there's Evidence of a Tenth Planet
Lurking at the Edge of the Solar System
A Mars-sized planet appears to be lurking at the edge of the solar system, scientists have announced. The "planetary mass object" seems to be disrupting the orbits of other, smaller rocky bodies within the Kuiper Belt-a disc-shaped region of icy bodies beyond Neptune that encircles the whole solar system and extends around 2.3 billion miles.
This "planetary mass object" is different from the hypothetical Planet Nine-a huge object believed to be orbiting the sun from the outer solar system. Evidence for this planet was announced in 2016, when scientists from Caltech, California, found several objects with highly unusual orbits. These orbits could, however, be explained by the existence of a giant planet with a mass about 10 times that of Earth.
Celestial objects are drawn into the orbits of larger bodies: All the planets in the solar system orbit the Sun and the moon orbits Earth. So when astronomers find bodies that are not orbiting in the way they should be, it suggests something else is influencing them.
In a study submitted for publication in the Astronomical Journal, a team of scientists presented evidence of a planetary body sitting on the edges of the Kuiper Belt. Kat Volk and Renu Malhotra, from the University of Arizona, analyzed the tilt angles and orbits of over 600 Kuiper Belt objects (KBOs).
They discovered the most distant KBOs is tilted away from the orbital plane they should be sitting on, meaning something in this region is warping their orbits. "Imagine you have lots and lots of fast-spinning tops, and you give each one a slight nudge," Malhotra said in a statement. "If you then take a snapshot of them, you will find that their spin axes will be at different orientations, but on average, they will be pointing to the local gravitational field of Earth."
They found that for the KBOs that were farther out than 50 astronomical units (1AU is 93 million miles), the average plane warps away from the one they should be on.
"The most likely explanation for our results is that there is some unseen mass," lead author Volk said. "According to our calculations, something as massive as Mars would be needed to cause the warp that we measured."
(Newsweek) Read more
The Good News Corner
Kirk Cameron Raves About Group Singing Praises to Jesus That Just Went Viral
The Voices of Lee, a group of singers representing Lee University, posted a moving video of them performing Hillsong's "What a Beautiful Name," on Facebook July 2.
Since then, it definitely deserves the term "gone viral." It's been viewed more than 11 million times. More than 70,000 people have "liked" or "loved" it and over 110,000 have shared it, including Christian actor Kirk Cameron.
"I really love this song right now. It's so powerful. And the Voices of Lee just made it even better!" he wrote in a post. "You have to watch (and hear) this . . . all from a group of college students."
"We are so thankful for the number of people who have indicated they were blessed by these two videos," said the group's director Danny Murray.
"We know that God touched these and we are so thankful. Dr. Hill (Church of God General Overseer) uses a phrase, 'At the speed of favor . . .' That is exactly what we've seen here," Murray also said.
"Speak To Me" - Kari Jobe
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]