· Prayer Points for 2008 Presidential Election
· The Daily Brief
· The Middle East in Focus
· Standing in the Gap
· A Special Prayer Request from CHPP
· No Daily Brief Tomorrow
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
" . . . the righteous will hold to his way, and he who has clean hands will grow stronger and stronger." (Job 17:9)
* Pray for God's mercy to triumph over judgement
* Pray for a tremendous amount of values-voters to go to the polls in each and every state and voting district
* Pray for angels to be posted at each and every voting place
* Pray for conviction and discernment to be upon the hearts of those who vote
* Pray for a change of heart for those who are not planning on voting for righteousness
* Pray that all believers would vote and cast their ballots according to the plumb-line of God's word and truth alone
* Pray against media-distortion and for truth to be made known
* Pray for accurate and honest counts in each polling district
* Pray against confusion and fraud at the polls
* Pray for voting machinery to work properly at all polling places
* Pray against legal battles between opponents after counts are complete
* Pray that God's righteous men and women would have the victory in each and every Senatorial and Congressional race
* Pray for the key "swing" battleground states:
Click here to see Electoral Map: http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/whos-ahead/key-states/map.html
- Nevada - 5 electoral votes
- Missouri - 11 electoral votes
- Ohio - 20 electoral votes
- Florida - 27 electoral votes
- Indiana - 11 electoral votes
- North Carolina - 15 electoral votes
You are also encouraged to prayer walk your polling place sometime on or before Election Day and plead the blood of Jesus.
Please encourage others to do the same.
Excerpt from Prayer Guide for the Presidential Election
by James Balcom
Psalm 86:14-17 - Pray that the Lord would defeat those who have no regard for Him in this election.
2 Cor. 12:9 - Pray that the Lord would empower and enable his man/woman in any area of weakness.
II Kings 13:16 - Pray that the Lord would put His hands on the man of His choice for president (and his team) and guide them in this election.
Acts 17:30 - Pray for repentance for yourself and for our nation.
Luke 12:54-57 Pray that God's man and our nation will be discerning and do what is right.
Phil. 4:13 - Pray that the Lord's choice for President will have special strength and unusual ability from God.
Habakkuk 1:5 and 3:2 - Pray that the Lord would do something that would utterly amaze us and give His servant victory.
Prayer Focus for Elections from Mahesh & Bonnie Chavda
1. Jesus is Lord: Make the Lord awesome and mighty. Declare His rulership. Magnify the Lord and His power over the elections.
2. Pour Out Your Spirit: Ask the Holy Spirit to be poured out in the voting booths, touching the hearts and minds of Americans as they go to the polls to vote.
3. Pull the Lever: Pull the lever for God's choice for President, Vice President, both Houses of Congress and local leaders and local referendums.
4. Release Angels: Release Holy Angels to guard the destiny and call of God over America. Loose Angels over every precinct and every voting booth in America.
5. Bind Fraud: Bind Fraud and loose the Spirit of Truth into every aspect of the election.
6. Break Enchantment: Break the spirit of manipulation and enchantment, bind the spirits of witchcraft and antichrist as we make a choice for the Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces.
7. Protect the Unborn: The next president will determine the next justices for the Supreme Court. Pray that America will choose leaders who will nominate and confirm justices who will be strict constitutionalists, protecting the unborn.
8. Bless Israel: May God use these elections to be a blessing and strength to Israel.
The Daily Brief
1. 24 Hours to Sell Voters - Fox News
With polls showing Obama leading, McCain races through seven swing states to persuade undecided voters.
· Pray without ceasing!
· "Having done all . . . stand." (Eph. 6:12)
2. Why 'born-again' Christians are backing Obama - One News Now
Despite Barack Obama's approval of abortion and homosexual activism, new polling by a prestigious Christian research group indicates that the Democratic presidential nominee is making significant inroads among voters who are classified as "born-again" Christians. They believe he will do a better job restoring America's reputation and handling the economy and agree with his stance on the Iraq War. Based on that definition, 48 percent of all voters in this election will be "born-again" Christians.
· Father God, You warned us to stay awake. We are in opposition to Your Word when good is called evil and evil good. Economy should not take priority over Your Laws. Take blinders off of Christians! Block us from a wrong decision.
· Then I hated all my labor in which I had toiled under the sun, because I must leave it to the man who will come after me. And who knows whether he will be wise or a fool . . . this also is vanity. (Ecclesiastes 2:18, 19)
3. An Acorn Whistleblower Testifies in Court - Wall Street Journal
A former employee of Acorn testified in a Pennsylvania state court that the group's quality- control efforts were "minimal or nonexistent" and largely window dressing. The FBI is investigating its voter registration efforts in several states, amid allegations that almost a third of the 1.3 million cards it turned in are invalid.
· As we finish up the campaigns, we continue to pray that all hidden things will be revealed. Let voter fraud be exposed and those perpetrating it be punished severely for their actions. Let the voting process be pure.
· Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men, who have purposed to make my steps stumble. The proud have hidden a snare for me, and cords . . . they have set traps for me. (Psalms 140:4, 5)
4. White House: A Last Push To Deregulate - Washington Post
The White House is working to enact a wide array of federal regulations, many of which would weaken government rules aimed at protecting consumers and the environment, before President Bush leaves office in January. According to the EPA's estimate, it would allow millions of tons of additional carbon dioxide into the atmosphere annually, worsening global warming.
· Heavenly Father, as President Bush finishes up his term as president, we pray that You will give him Your wisdom to know what is important to enact before he leaves office and what needs to be preserved. Block division in our nation.
· But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." (Matthew 12:25)
5. School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners - Fox News
A California school system refuses to say what action, if any, it will take after it received complaints about a kindergarten teacher who encouraged her students to sign "pledge cards" in support of gays. The cards asked signers to be "an ally" and to pledge to "not use anti-LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) language or slurs; "intervene, when I feel I can, in situations where others are using anti-LGBT language or harassing other students and actively support safer schools efforts." The district said the pledge cards were intended for middle school and high school students.
· Father God, we come brokenhearted over what our schools are doing to these generations of impressionable children. Let only godly people teach our children in all schools - whether primary, secondary or colleges and universities!
· Grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, might serve Him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life. (Luke 1:74, 75)
6. Calif. Surgeon Faces Trial in Organ Donation Case - Worthy News
Statements to police by nurses present in the operating room indicated Dr. Hootan Roozrokh, a San Francisco transplant surgeon, improperly ordered excessive doses of morphine and a sedative for Ruben Navarro. State law says transplant surgeons must wait until a potential donor is dead before participating in procedures.
· Lord, we pray our nation will honor You by honoring life - from conception to natural death. Block our nation from enacting laws that deny the dignity and sanctity of humans; especially the weak, unborn, and handicapped.
· For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:13)
7. Pentagon official: Iran will soon be able to attack Europe - Jerusalem Post
The head of the Pentagon's Missile Defense Agency said Friday that Iran was not far from attaining the means to use missiles against all of Europe and against the US in five to six years, Israel Radio reported. Obering warned against opposing the plan to build a radar base near Prague as part of a missile shield the US says would counter threats from Iran.
· Lord, we know that You take care of us and we thank You for this. We pray that Europe will also see the need of this radar base near Prague and agree to it. We pray for revival for Europe - that they will also have You as their shield!
· "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars." (2 Chronicles 16:9)
8. Syria FM: US may face 'painful' measures over raid - Ynet News
Syria's foreign minister says his country may resort to more, "painful" measures if the United States doesn't give an official explanation for a deadly cross-border raid. Syria retaliated to the October 26 attack that it says killed eight people by ordering the closure of an American school and cultural center in Damascus.
· Lord, we pray for our leaders to have wisdom in these matters of security. Let all involved have Your peace and judgment. Give us plans that will protect the world from terrorists while respecting the sovereignty of other countries.
· When they had come to the outskirts of the Syrian camp, to their surprise no one was there. For the Lord had caused the army of the Syrians to hear the noise of chariots and the noise of horses - the noise of a great army . . . (2 Kings 7:5,6)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: When LORD shall build up Zion, He shall appear in His glory. He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer. This shall be written for the generation to come [lit: the last generation]: and the people which shall be created shall praise LORD." (Psalm 102:16-18)
1. Settlers say incendiary Left has declared open season on them - Ynet News
"Settlers make wonderful scapegoats, they're to blame for everything; be it Qassams fired from the Gaza Strip or plummeting dollar rates. They make excellent prey. Ahead of the elections there are those who are trying to dance in the blood of settlers, but they will not succeed," Rabbi Elyakim Levanon of the West Bank settlement of Elon Moreh told Ynet on Sunday following the government's harsh condemnation of the extreme right in the territories.
2. Diskin hints settlers could resort to assassination to thwart withdrawals - Ha'aretz
A government decision to evacuate more territory may lead to a large-scale violent conflict with settlers, complete with live fire, Shin Bet security service chief Yuval Diskin warned at yesterday's cabinet meeting. The meeting ended with the ministers voting to end all government support, both direct and indirect, for illegal outposts.
3. Israel, Palestinians to give ME summit briefing - Jerusalem Post
Israeli and Palestinian officials will give a rare joint briefing on the state of peace talks at a Mideast summit in Egypt next week, chief negotiators from both sides said on Sunday.
4. Livni: Syria must cut Iran, terror ties before we give it what it wants - Ha'aretz
Following reports that outgoing Prime Minister Ehud Olmert intends to resume indirect peace talks with Syria, Kadima Chairwoman Tzipi Livni on Friday asserted that Damascus must sever its ties with Iran and Hezbollah before Israel accedes to its demands.
Standing in the Gap
Standing in the Gap and Making a Hedge for the Land
The Lord says in Ezekiel 22:30-31, "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them: I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, says the Lord God."
It is at this time when Americans will choose their next leader that the country is at a dire crossroads. This nation, founded by Godly people representing the Christian faith, establishing a beacon of God's light for the rest of the world to see His blessings, is faced with a terrible choice.
Romans 13:1-2 say, "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation."
The power of God is limitless. And the strength of His power is found in His will. As His people, we are to seek His will. And as a nation, we have often turned from His will, seeking after the pleasures of the world and adhering to its principalities without fear of judgment, not wanting to hear the word judgment, using the words of God against those who would suggest that not following the will of God would bring judgment.
As the Lord said in Isaiah 29:13-14, "For as much as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, even a marvelous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid."
May this nation in these days see that marvelous work. As we do not deserve as a people anything less than God's judgment for our turning away from Him, for the injustice we have poured upon one another before Him.
So this day, may each of us who believe in God's mercy stand in the gap and make a hedge across the land that He should not destroy it with the choices that we make. May we stand strong in prayer and supplication before our Lord God that He does not dispense the judgment this land so deserves, but shows us his lovingkindness and mercy. May our nation repent from its prideful wrongdoing in all that is an offense to the Lord. Let us pray that even those who are in error shall come to understanding and will know the Lord and have his name etched upon their hearts. Let us pray that this nation is preserved and in both spirit and practice returns to a nation under God.
Word of Life Ministry
A Special Prayer Request from CHPP
We praise God that, by the wooing and drawing of His Spirit, He has now caused thousands of you out there to join in this army of prayer.
As believers in the finished work of the Cross, and the truth of the Word of God, we all share a common bond:We KNOW that IT IS WRITTEN that the Word of God IS "quick and powerful, and sharper than any two- edged sword," according to Hebrews 4:12.
We also know that it is written: "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 555:11)
And we also know that, continuing in Hebrews 4:12, the Word of God " . . . pierces even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
So, with these facts of Scripture before us, we now invite you to join with us in asking our Lord to "visit" each citizen of our great nation this very night, and to whisper into each one's spirit His will for the day ahead, because IT IS WRITTEN:
"In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction . . " (Job 33:15,16 KJV)
No Daily Brief Tomorrow
ELECTION DAY -- A DAY TO FAST, TO PRAY, AND TO VOTE!
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners will not publish the Daily Brief tomorrow, on Election Day.
Instead, we are asking every believer in Jesus Christ to set aside Tuesday, November 4 as a day of fasting and prayer . We would urge you to review the prayer of Daniel on behalf of his people in Dan . 9:3-19, and to pray that way for our nation. And finally, we would ask you to distribute this call to prayer as widely as possible so that the greatest number of people would lay hold of the throne of grace all at once. It may be that God will show mercy to America , that He will shed His grace on her once again. Thank you for joining with us in this effort.
Tomorrow, we urge you to PRAY and to VOTE!