This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"If it had not been LORD who was on our side - now may Israel say - if it had not been LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us, then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us."(Psalm 124:1-3)
1. Messianics: Attack on boy one of many - Jerusalem PostMembers of the Messianic community in Israel said Monday that while the near-fatal attack last week on 15-year-old Ami Ortiz of Ariel marks a major escalation, it comes after years of anti-missionary violence directed at the community by both Jews and Muslims.
2. Cheney wraps up Mideast peace push - AFPUS Vice President Dick Cheney on Monday wrapped up a visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories aimed at energising the faltering Middle East peace talks.
3. U.S. anti-rocket system fails test to protect Israel - World TribuneIsrael has concluded that a U.S. laser system would not serve as an interim defense solution for the frequent rocket and missile attacks it has sustained.
4. Abdullah to convene interfaith conference - ICEJ NewsSaudi King Abdullah plans to convene a major international conference between Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religious communities to promote interfaith dialogue, the official Saudi Arabian News Agency reported on Tuesday.
5. Fatah backs out of 'unity' accord with Hamas - ICEJ NewsAn attempt by Yemen to broker a reconciliation agreement between rival Palestinian factions Fatah and Hamas collapsed over the weekend when the Palestinian Authority leadership in Ramallah came under heavy US pressure to back out of the deal after it had been signed by a Fatah representative.
Pray for the Persecuted Church
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: "God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer." (Psalm 66:19)
1. INDIA: Intolerant Hindus Attack Easter Services - Compass Direct News
A mob of more than 150 intolerant Hindus on Sunday (March 23) launched an attack on a Pentecostal church in Karnataka's Shimoga district at 9 a.m., and a group of more than a dozen assailants struck Christians of an independent church in Byapanahalli on the suburbs of Bangalore at 11:45 a.m., reported the Global Council of Indian Christians
2. BANGLADESH: Fourteen Indian Christian Evangelists Imprisoned
In Bangladesh - Worthy NewsSome fourteen Indian Christians remained detained in Bangladesh Saturday, March 22, weeks after completing a three-month sentence for unwittingly crossing the border while evangelizing, because India has not request their repatriation, news reports said.
3. SRI LANKA: Attacks on Bible School Continue - Compass Direct NewsA Provincial Council member brandishing a gun assaulted a security guard at a Bible college in Lunuwila, Puttlam district two weeks after an attack on 10 of the institution's students seriously injured two of them.