This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Worship the LORD in the splendor of His holiness; tremble before Him, all the earth." (Psalm 96:9)
1. Hezbollah Stockpiling Weapons: Nasrallah - All Headline News
Hezbollah has admitted that it is continuing to stockpile weapons in order to defend itself against Israel. In a speech on Friday, Hezbollah's chief, Hassan Nasrallah said that his party was moving weapons covertly and the Jewish state did not know about their actions.
2. Palestinians urge Arab states to cut Israel ties over Jerusalem dig - Ha'aretz
The Palestinian parliament urged Arab states on Tuesday to cut ties with Israel in protest at excavation work near Islam's third holiest site which has triggered Muslim protests. [See also Item #6, below]
3. Suicide bomber arrested near Tel Aviv - Ynet News
A suicide bombing in central Israel was narrowly avoided on Tuesday say security forces after the Palestinian man and his accomplices were arrested and the explosives uncovered.
4. Olmert told Abbas 'you cheated me,' senior PA official says - Ynet News
"Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, ‘you cheated me by reaching the unity deal with Hamas,'" a senior Palestinian official who attended the summit hosted by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in Jerusalem told Reuters on Monday.
5. Rice: This is not 1938; we are facing down Iran - Jerusalem Newswire
The slow and still ineffective international efforts to coerce Iran into halting its nuclear program are not the same as the world's policy of appeasement toward Nazi Germany in 1938, insisted US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Sunday. In an interview with Ha'aretz, Rice rejected Likud leader Binyamin Netanyahu's constant comparing of the two failed diplomatic campaigns. "I am fond of historical analogies, but not that fond," said Rice.
Rice and the US continue to hold out hope that Iran can be prevented from obtaining nuclear weapons via diplomatic negotiations. Netanyahu and other right- thinking Israelis have come to the realization that the international community's pandering has only emboldened Tehran.
6. Temple Mount Pedestrian Bridge Being Built - End - Time Handmaidens
Israel is attempting to rebuild a pedestrian bridge leading up to the Temple Mount. The original bridge was severely weakened by heavy rains and an earthquake. Underneath this bridge lies a small dirt mound. It is this area which has now become the focal point of worldwide Muslim protests. This mound lies some 300 yards away from the Temple Mount. It is also thought by Israeli archeologists to be rich in artifacts which may date to the Temple period. Islam though denies that any Jewish Temple was ever built at this site and basically is trying to use the desecration of the Al-Aksa Mosque as an excuse to extend its sovereignity over the Western Wall area.
• Pray that Israeli officials will have sufficient backbone to not give in to Islamic threats. Pray that this excavation work will continue. Pray that a new bridge will be built in this area, so Jews and Gentiles will once more have access to the Temple Mount.