1. Gates rebuts Putin's criticism of U.S. global influence - Int'l Herald Tribune
Defense Secretary Robert Gates, in a measured response to aggressive criticism of American power from the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, told a European security conference here Sunday, "One Cold War was quite enough."
• Lord, we thank You for the verbal restraint and wisdom of our Defense Secretary. As satan suddenly stirs up his latent works of the flesh (hatred, envyings, wrath, strife and variance) in diverse leaders of the world at this time, we ask that You would continue giving wisdom to our leaders that will shut the mouths of these "lions." May our enemies realize that You are the source of all of our prosperity and success. • "The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness." (Proverbs 15:2) "And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever: For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom is from generation to generation." (Daniel 4:34-35)
2. Congress tackles global warming - Washington Times
More than a dozen competing measures have been introduced in Congress on the issue of global warming -- some minor, such as creating incentives for biofuel research, and others more drastic, such as taxing automakers for selling gas-guzzling sport utility vehicles.
• Lord, again we ask You for Your wisdom. As You bring conviction to us and show us what actions we must correct to preserve this beautiful world that You have given us to live in, please show us and allow us to perceive Your priorities for us as a nation. Help us to remove all distractions that would hinder us from seeing and comprehending what we truly need to be paying attention to; and help us to discern truth from fiction on this issue. Finally, please grant us Your wisdom to "see through" any piece of legislation that would serve as a subterfuge, bringing us craftily to yield our own sovereignty to the agenda of a New World Order. Amen. • "The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God." (Psalm 14:2)
[For more information on one of the key leaders of this globalist environmental agenda, Maurice Strong, see this link.]
3. Federal Deficit Drops As Revenue Rises - ABC News
The deficit for the first four months of the current budget year is down sharply from the same period a year ago as the government continues to benefit from record levels of tax collections.
• Thank You, Father, for the many blessings and wealth that You rain upon us. We give You glory for the benefits received, knowing thatYour Word is true and does not return void. Help us to never close our eyes to the poor and needy, but to be swift to give to them as unto You. Forgive us for selfish spending and wasting, and put Your conviction in the hearts of all to always think of others more than ourselves. • "But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully." (II Corinthians 9:6) "So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:12)
4. Strict Abortion Bill Revisited in S.D. - Las Vegas Sun Lawmakers who watched as a near-total ban on abortions failed in South Dakota voting booths last year have revived the legislation with changes that may make the difference in public acceptance. But the bill's success is far from assured.
• Father, in the name of Jesus we humbly approach You. We cannot ask forgiveness enough from You as we stand in the gap for our nation that continues to shed innocent blood and yet boasts to be unlike the pagan nations -- those who openly do the same and who are under a curse. Have mercy, and prevail mightily through Your Church in South Dakota and in every state of this Union as we call upon You to help us walk in holiness before You. • "If my people which are called by my name [Christians], shall . . . turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14)
5. FBI Laptops, Weapons Continue to Vanish - ABC News
More than 300 laptop computers and guns were lost by the FBI in a nearly four-year period, according to a new Department of Justice inspector general's report.
• Holy Spirit, You know exactly where these laptops and guns are, who has been "losing" them, and for what demonic reasons. Your Word says that there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed; and hid that shall not be known. (Matthew 10:26) We pray that you will uncover this entire situation, and that You will shine a great light on our enemies and traitors. Even as the new Department of Justice has discovered this, allow them to find out all the details so that our enemies will not have an upper hand in their secret strategy. • Lord, the same way that you told King Jehoshaphat and Judah with exact detail where the enemy was, please reveal where these laptops and guns are. We praise you for answered prayer. "Thus saith the Lord unto you . . . behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel." (II Chronicles 20:15,16)
6. Sen. Obama Formally Announces Plans for White House Bid - Fox News
Barack Obama announced his bid for president Saturday, a black man evoking Abraham Lincoln's ability to unite a nation and a Democrat portraying himself as a fresh face capable of leading a new generation.
• Lord, we humble ourselves before You, asking forgiveness for our sins as a nation, and plead with You to always put a righteous, Jehovah-God-fearing person in the White House. Your Word says that by the fruits of a person, we would know if they are genuine followers of the Anointed One or not. We ask that Your precious Holy Spirit would help the people of our nation see as You see, and discern hearts as You discern them, and that He would uncover and bring to light any selfish or ungodly hidden agenda in the candidates for the Presidency of the United States. • "But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." (I Samuel 16:7)