This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"O LORD, see how my enemies persecute me! Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death, that I may declare Your praises in the gates of the Daughter of Zion and there rejoice in Your salvation." (Psalm 9:13,14)
1. Quartet tackles how to revive Mideast peace - Reuters
The United States sought on Thursday to bolster support for an aid blockade against the Palestinian Authority and win backing for U.S. efforts to revive the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. The Quartet of Middle East peace mediators -- the United States, Russia, the European Union and the United Nations -- will discuss the aid embargo on Friday at a meeting in Washington where U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will also lay out her plans to break the impasse in peace moves.
• Pray FOR all in authority, that they will find the mind of Christ to bring true peace to the Middle East. Man has his plans, but God has the final say so. • "Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; Speak the word, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
2. U.S. official: Quartet will not change its policy towards Hamas - Ha'aretz
The United States does not expect a change in the position of the Quartet toward Hamas, a senior State Department official said Wednesday in light of reports of a Russian intention to raise current policy for debate in the Quartet meeting in Washington on Thursday.
3. Hamas gunmen ambush Gaza convoy, 6 killed - Ynet News
Palestinian Hamas gunmen ambushed what the Islamist group said was a convoy carrying weapons to Mahmoud Abbas' presidential guard unit in the Gaza Strip on Thursday.
4. 7 Iranian agents nabbed in Gaza, another commits suicide - Ynet News
Palestinian security officers arrested seven Iranian citizens during a raid at the Islamic University, a Hamas stronghold in Gaza City, a security official said, and another committed suicide during the raid. Six to nine Palestinians were killed in the raid, sources said.