Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, September 25, 2017
"Come with Me to a quiet place and rest . . ." (Mark 6:31)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
TEN DAYS OF AWE
Praying over Natural Disasters
Praying over Natural Disasters
1. Indonesia: Bali volcano highest alert issued - BBC
Indonesia has issued its highest level alert for a volcano on Bali, warning that an eruption on the popular tourist island could be imminent. About 10,000 people have already been evacuated, with officials urging people to stay at least nine kilometres (5.6 miles) away from Mount Agung. Tremors have been reported, and there are indications that magma is rising to the surface, the officials say. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask You to calm Mount Agung from erupting in Bali. Protect the people from harm. Let them see Your mighty power to calm this volcano and give You honor and praise. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
2. Hurricane Maria an Increasing Threat to Brush NC, VA Tidewater With Winds, Rain, Coastal Flooding; Tropical Storm, Storm Surge Watches Issued - National Hurricane Center
Hurricane Maria, a Category 2 hurricane, is increasingly likely to bring a brush of at least tropical storm-force winds and rain to parts of the East Coast later this week, in addition to its more certain impacts of coastal flooding, high surf, and rip currents.
The center of Hurricane Maria is now under 400 miles south-southeast of Hatteras, North Carolina, and is moving north at about 8 mph. (Read more)
3. Vanuatu prepares to evacuate 5000 as Ambae volcano erupts - RNZ News (New Zealand)
Authorities in Vanuatu were preparing to evacuate as many as 5000 people on Saturday, as a volcanic eruption on Ambae island continued to intensify.
The country's Geohazards Department on Saturday raised its alert from level three to four, what it classified as a "moderate eruption state."
The volcano is one of the most active in the world, but its activity has steadily increased in the past couple of weeks, said Esline Garaeviti, the manager of the Geohazards Department. On Saturday, that increased further, with the volcano belching ash across much of the 400sqkm island.
"In the early hours, around 3-4am, we noticed that the activity started to increase, followed by another eruptive phase," said Ms Garaeviti. "So the ash plume from Ambae is still there now. The ash fall is expected all around the island."
"The increased level of activity means increased area of risk," she said. "There's more risk exposed to people on the island, that's why. It's a moderate state of activity." (Read more)
4. 5.7 magnitude earthquake reported off Pacific Coast, west of Ferndale - Sacramento Bee
Six earthquakes reported in one day off Pacific Coast, west of Ferndale
A magnitude 5.7 earthquake was recorded Friday afternoon in the Pacific Ocean, about 135 miles west of Ferndale, on a day when a series of quakes struck in the Pacific, the U.S. Geological Survey reports. . . Neither the Eureka nor Fortuna police departments reported that they felt anything or received reports of damage, the Times reported. (Read more)
5. 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Mexican State of Oaxaca, Swaying Buildings in Mexico City - KTLA5/ Los Angeles
A 6.1 magnitude earthquake struck southwest Mexico on Saturday morning, not far from where a deadly quake hit roughly two weeks ago, officials said.
Mexico's earthquake monitoring agency reported another two earthquakes - a 5.2 and 5.0 magnitude - struck the Oaxaca area Saturday about half an hour after the initial quake.
No major damage or casualties were immediately reported. (Read more)
6. North Korea: Mystery quake 'not nuclear test' - BBC
A shallow magnitude 3.4 tremor has been detected near North Korea's nuclear test site, but experts believe it was a natural earthquake.
South Korea said the specific soundwaves of man-made quakes were not recorded, while China said the tremor's features were of a natural quake.
International nuclear test monitors expressed a similar view. (Read more)
7. Aid begins to flow to Puerto Rico, facing a growing humanitarian crisis in Maria's aftermath - Chicago Tribune
Large amounts of federal aid began moving into Puerto Rico on Saturday, welcomed by local officials who praised the Trump administration's response but called for the emergency loosening of rules long blamed for condemning the U.S. territory to second-class status.
The federal aid effort is racing to stem a growing humanitarian crisis in towns left without fresh water, fuel, electricity or phone service. Officials with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which is in charge of the relief effort, said they would take satellite phones to all of Puerto Rico's towns and cities, more than half of which were cut off following Maria's devastating crossing of Puerto Rico on Wednesday. (Read more)
8. Samaritan's Purse Ramping Up Aid Efforts in Caribbean After Hurricane Maria - Christian Post
Franklin Graham's evangelical humanitarian aid organization, Samaritan's Purse, has ramped up its efforts in the Caribbean islands and in Florida in the wake of Hurricane Irma and as Hurricane Maria continues its path of destruction.
Samaritan's Purse has helped well over 13,600 victims of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria in the Caribbean by either supplying them with tarps for emergency shelter or vital necessities like food, blankets, water and hygiene kits, according to a news release shared with The Christian Post on Thursday.
The organization has already delivered over 154 tons of emergency supplies to those in need in the Caribbean via eight different flights of its DC-8 cargo plane, which takes off out of Greensboro, North Carolina, and delivers supplies to the charity's logistics hub in Puerto Rico.
To donate, go here.
- Righteous Father, we pray for Your unlimited blessings to flow over all the efforts made by Samaritan's Purse as they reach out to a world in chaos. May there be thousands of souls saved amidst the troubled people affected by these hurricanes. God, bring peace out of the storms and a new awareness of the mightiness of the Lord who is over all things. Lift up the weary-hearted and fill their every need. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." (Psalm 27:13-14)
Focus on Israel
1. The Jew who wrote Trump's speech - Israel National News
"In thirty years of experience with the United Nations, I never heard a braver or clearer speech," Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Tuesday regarding US President Donald Trump's maiden speech at the United Nations General Assembly.
According to The New York Times, the person who wrote the speech is Stephen Miller, a Jew.
The first part of Trump's speech discussed the UN's founding, immediately following the Second World War. At the time, Trump told the Assembly, the US helped Europe overcome the war's devastation by creating and implementing the "Marshall Plan," a plan based on the concept of the nation-state.
2. At UN, Abbas deplores creation of State of Israel - World Israel News
Attacks on Israel's legitimacy were in full flow at the UN General Assembly session in New York City on Wednesday, as Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas denounced the 1917 Balfour Declaration - in which Britain announced its support for "the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people" - as a "crime against our people," while Iranian President Hassan Rouhani described the Jewish state as "the rogue Zionist regime," in language harking back to the "Zionism-is-racism" days at the world body during the 1970s.
In an angry speech in which he repeatedly accused Israel of violating international law and abandoning the two-state solution, Abbas - moments after wishing Jews a "Happy New Year" on the eve of Rosh Hashana - slammed the United Kingdom for having launched the process which led to the creation of the State of Israel in the first place.
Abbas charged the British with having "inflicted a grave injustice on the Palestinian people" by issuing the Balfour Declaration, asserting that in 1917, "97 percent of the inhabitants of Palestine were Palestinians." While 90,000 Jews lived in Palestine at the time, out of a total population of 600,000, the PLO - of which Abbas is the chairman - declares in its charter that Jews who "normally resided" in the country before the "Zionist invasion" of 1917 "will be considered Palestinians."
3. Iranian general threatens to turn Tel Aviv, Haifa 'into dust' - Israel Hayom
A senior Iranian general threatened Monday that if Israel made "any wrong move" Iran would "destroy the Zionist entity at lightning speed."
Maj. Gen. Abdolrahim Mousavi, commander-in-chief of the Iranian army, was quoted by Iran's Tasnim news agency as saying, "I warn the Zionist entity not to make any stupid move against the Islamic Republic of Iran. Every [such] stupid act will [make us] turn Tel Aviv and Haifa into dust."
The menacing statement was made mere hours before Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's meeting with U.S. President Donald Trump in New York, where the Iranian threat to Israel, the Middle East and the world was discussed.
4. Knesset aide assaulted by Sudanese infiltrator - Israel National News
The parliamentary advisor of MK Yulia Malinovsky (Yisrael Beytenu) was attacked by an illegal infiltrator from Sudan on Friday night as she was walking to her home in a south Tel Aviv neighborhood.
MK Malinovsky released the recording of the phone call between the advisor and her sister during the attack. "Listen to the shocking recording - what if it was your sister? Your daughter? Your mother?" the MK wrote on her Facebook account.
"The feeling of fear in which the residents of the area and of other places live is unbearable and unacceptable. The decision of the High Court of Justice regarding the infiltrators is cut off from reality and seriously harms the security of Israeli residents and the residents of South Tel Aviv in particular," she added.
5. Squeezed on all sides, Hamas bids for reconciliation - Times of Israel
GAZA CITY, Gaza - When Hamas announced this week it would accept demands from rivals Fatah in a bid for Palestinian reconciliation, it was the latest in months of shifts for the terrorist group.
Faced with isolation, the weakening of a key ally and a humanitarian crisis, Hamas has reached out to former allies and old enemies.
Beyond its Palestinian reconciliation steps, which many analysts view with skepticism, the group which runs the Gaza Strip has rebuilt bridges with Iran and turned to Egypt for help.
An improvement of relations with Iran has unlocked millions of dollars in aid, but left Israelis worried it makes a new round of conflict more likely.
6. Bridges for Peace - Israel Prayer Update
The Daily Brief
1. North Korea says strike on US is 'inevitable' as Pentagon flies bombers off coast - Fox News
North Korea's foreign minister called U.S. President Donald Trump "a mentally deranged person full of megalomania" and promised a strike on the American mainland was "inevitable" in a blistering speech to the United Nations General Assembly Saturday.
The address by Ri Yong Ho began as the Pentagon announced that it had flown bombers and fighter escorts to the farthest point north of the Korean Demilitarized Zone by any such American aircraft this century.
"This mission is a demonstration of U.S. resolve and a clear message that the president has many military options to defeat any threat," Defense Department spokesman Dana White said in a statement. (Read more)
- Righteous Father, we stand on the promises of the Word of God that it is the righteous believers who trust in the Almighty God in heaven who will receive all the benefits of trusting in Him for salvation and being the source of every need we may have. The wicked are not so. They have isolated themselves from God and have no desire to know Him nor to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. Therefore, the wicked will receive his reward from following satan and not the Lord God Almighty. The United States is sending our bombers and fighter escorts indicating we have what it takes to counter any action taken by North Korea. This power is evident, and make no mistake about it, America will win this battle against its enemies. We declare this in the ever-powerful Name of Jesus and pray and trust in His Name.
- "The voice of the Lord is powerful: the voice of the Lord is full of majesty. The voice of the Lord divides the flames of fire. The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness; the Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh, the sanctuary. The Lord will give strength unto His people, the Lord will bless His people with peace." (Psalm 29:4,7,8,11)
2. Trump: 'Madman' North Korean leader to be 'tested like never before' - Times of Israel
US President Donald Trump on Friday warned "madman" North Korean leader Kim Jong Un that he would be "tested," the latest in an exchange of insults between the two. "Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who is obviously a madman who doesn't mind starving or killing his people, will be tested like never before!" Trump tweeted.
Trump "insulted me and my country in front of the eyes of the world and made the most ferocious declaration of a war in history," Kim said, according to the official Korean Central News Agency. He blasted Trump's maiden speech to the United Nations General Assembly as "unprecedented rude nonsense." (Read more)
- Righteous Father, unto You will we cry out for divine intervention regarding this North Korean leader, because it is You who sees the wickedness in his heart that consumes him. Give President Trump godly wisdom to counteract this insane evil. God, we pray the Blood of Jesus paralyzes every demon in Kim Jong Un and deactivates their power to cause harm in the world situation. Demobilize their evil energy and break their attempts to create evil. Send a holy angel to stand in front of him to block his path and subdue his strength to zero. We trust and pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "The Lord is our Light and our salvation, whom shall we fear? The Lord is the strength of our lives of whom shall we be afraid? When the wicked, even our enemies and our foes, came upon us to ear up our flesh, they stumbled and fell."
3. China limits oil trade to North Korea and bans textile trade - BBC
China has moved to limit North Korea's oil supply and will stop buying textiles from the politically isolated nation, it said on Saturday. China is North Korea's most important trading partner, and one of its only sources of hard currency. The ban on textiles trade will hurt Pyongyang's income, while China's oil exports are the country's main source of petroleum products. (Read more)
- Father, the facts indicate that North Korea has become a politically isolated nation. This action by China, imposing sanctions to limit the supply of oil and textiles to North Korea, will have huge consequences. Please protect all people from this evil man's actions. Deal with his soul and let him know that You are the Almighty King of Kings. Let his yes be yes to serve you, Lord Jesus, as his heart turns from evil to good.
- "For He brings down those who dwells on high. The lofty city; He lays it low, He lays it low to the ground., He brings it down to the dust." (Isaiah 26:5)
4. Trump keeps decision on Iran nuclear deal secret, even from advisers - YNet News
US President Donald Trump has determined how he wants to approach the Iran nuclear deal-which he has called the worst agreement ever negotiated by the United States-but has not told even his top national security advisers what his decision is.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Wednesday that Trump had not informed him or others in the administration about his decision and had refused to share it with British Prime Minister Theresa May when she asked him about it.
Tillerson said he had been surprised when Trump publicly announced he had reached a decision. The secretary told reporters it would now take some time to prepare to implement the decisions. He gave no hint as to the direction Trump would take, but repeated the president's long-standing position that the deal does not address troubling non-nuclear behavior despite the hopes of those who negotiated it.
In her comments, Mogherini also alluded to North Korea, but made the opposite argument, saying "the international community cannot afford to dismantle an agreement that is working." Mogherini declined to say whether Tillerson had pledged to remain committed to the deal, but said the European Union is committed to preserving it. She suggested that US complaints about Iran's troublesome non-nuclear activities should be discussed in a different forum. (Read more)
- Righteous Father, we pray that You guide President Trump in a most unique way regarding the Iran nuclear deal to keep him in touch with God's purposes. Hold back the advisors that would adhere to natural standards and not to God's perfect will. We ask that You resist the evil intents coming out of Iran and weaken all evil deals that they may devise against America. Protect this nation, my Lord. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "The secret friendship of the Lord is with them that fear Him; and He will show them His covenant." (Psalm 25:14)
5. World powers rally to defend value of Iran nuke accord - Times of Israel
Top diplomats from Germany, Russia, China and Italy insisted Thursday there can be no turning back on the Iran nuclear deal after President Donald Trump suggested that he may seek a renegotiation or simply walk away from the pact.
"How are we going to convince countries like North Korea that international agreements provide them with security - and in so doing make them commit to future disarmament efforts - if the only international example for such an endeavor being successful, the agreement with Iran, no longer has effect?" asked Germany's Vice Chancellor and Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel, addressing the UN General Assembly. (Read more)
- Father God, we recall that when President Trump visited the G8 this summer, he was the only one who wore the flag of his country on his lapel, while all other leaders wore the "G8 pin." Lord God, please help these globalists wake up and see the danger that is in front of them, and give our nation the support we deserve. In Your name, amen.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
6. Countering the US, Iran test-fires new ballistic missile - Jerusalem Post
Shortly after Iran unveiled its newest ballistic missile in a military parade on Friday, Tehran test-fired the weapon, broadcasting the launch on public television. The Khorramshahr missile has a range of 2000 kilometers . . . and can be armed with several warheads. The release and launch of the missile comes shortly after a speech by US President Donald Trump at the UN General Assembly in which he directly attacked the Islamic Republic. (Read more)
- Father God, at times it seems that some national leaders are playing the child's game of "king of the mountain." You are the King of Kings of every mountain (nation) and Your ways are peaceful and loving. The ways of these missile - launching men are not of You. Turn their minds and hearts to be like You in all their ways. Let them know that eternity matters and You are the only way to enter the home He has prepared for all believers in heaven.
- "And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses," (Colossians 2:13)
7. Graham, Cassidy revise Obamacare repeal bill, appealing to holdouts - POLITICO
Senate Republicans have updated their last-ditch Obamacare repeal bill in an effort to win over skeptical party members ahead of a key deadline this week, according to a copy obtained by POLITICO on Sunday night.
The revised bill includes new provisions that would steer more federal funding to Alaska, Arizona and Kentucky. All three states are home to pivotal GOP swing votes who either have opposed or expressed concerns with the bill - Sens. John McCain, Rand Paul and Lisa Murkowski. However, Democrats said Senate Republicans are using misleading numbers to obscure massive funding cuts still in the Graham-Cassidy plan. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that these new provisions would serve to turn the hearts of the three senators named in this article to support passage of this bill. We ask, too, that You would turn the hearts of Senators Ted Cruz and Susan Collins to be solidly behind Graham-Cassidy. We thank You, Lord, that when this bill is passed and signed into law by President Trump, Planned Parenthood will be defunded. In Your name, amen.
- [Applied to members of Congress] "The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
8. BREAKING: St. Louis Rioters Use Horrifying New Weapon Against Police - teaparty.org
St. Louis rioters have begun using chemical warfare/terrorist tactics, throwing bottles of dangerous chemicals at our police officers and causing burns, irritations, and other health complications that could arise in the future, according to KMOV. (Read more)
- Oh Lord, we see the wicked one has raised the level of hostility against duly constituted authority so that law officers are in even more danger than before. Lord, we pray that the police will have wisdom in how to protect themselves. We pray that the educating of people in how to do more and more violent acts will cease and that they will come to a knowledge of the Prince of Peace. Lord, cut off their supply line and cut off those who are instigating this evil.
- "Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity." (Psalms 64:2)
9. Unemployment Rates Hit Historic Lows in Tennessee, Idaho, North Dakota - CNSNews.com
The unemployment rates in Tennessee, Idaho and North Dakota hit historic lows this August with each state registering its lowest rate of unemployment since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began tracking state-by-state unemployment in 1976.
"In August 2017, unemployment rates for North Dakota (2.3 percent), Idaho (2.9 percent), and Tennessee (3.3 percent) were at their lowest levels since the state unemployment data series began in January 1976," BLS said in an analysis released Thursday.
"Among states, North Dakota had the lowest unemployment rate, followed by Colorado (2.4 percent), Hawaii (2.6 percent), and New Hampshire (2.7 percent)," said BLS. "Alaska had the highest unemployment rate, at 7.2 percent." (Read more)
- Dear Lord, we honor You for this good report. We thank You for the good news that employment rates are doing so well. We see Your hand in this and pray that all citizens of our country will see that You are the one who blesses and sustains life. We pray that all will turn to You in gratitude for what You have done.
- "Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." (Psalms 54:4)
10. Deadly Tennessee church shooting: Sudanese immigrant arrested, FBI to launch civil rights investigation - Fox News
One woman was killed and seven other people were hurt after a suspect identified as a Sudanese immigrant opened fire at a Tennessee church Sunday, police said, as federal officials told Fox News the FBI will initiate a civil rights investigation into the shooting.
The suspect, 25-year-old Emanuel Kidega Samson, immigrated from Sudan two decades ago, police said. He's suspected of bringing two pistols and a mask to the predominantly white Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, southeast of Nashville, before opening fire just after 11 a.m.
The woman who was shot and killed in the church parking lot, identified as Melanie Smith, 39, was walking to her car when she was hit, police said.
An usher, identified as Robert Engle, 22, confronted the gunman at one point and was pistol-whipped, causing "significant injury around his head," police added. They said Engle went to his own car, grabbed a pistol and headed back into the church. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask tonight that you would comfort the family of Melanie Smith, who was mercilessly gunned down today in the parking lot of her church by this murderer. We ask that You bring Your healing touch to all others who were wounded and now hospitalized. We ask for skill and wisdom to be with those who are investigating this criminal act, and we thank You that, in our nation, we still do have the right to bear arms. In Your name, amen.
- "Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God." (Isaiah 40:1)
The Daily Jot
Friday, September 22, 2017
Good news for a change
Sometimes it's just difficult to write about news from a Biblical and prophetic perspective. There is so much going on that is bad. We are bombarded with it 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It's relentless. Some of it is legitimate. The hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural disasters seem to be stronger and more frequent than in the past. We need to pray for those who are impacted by these events. Other news is probably hardly necessary-the kind of news that is just critical opinion, casting people and their reputations in a dark light, making up stories based on an agenda, twisting events to make something worse than it is-just to get more eyes on the story than the next guy. But there is some good news.
The good news is what we need to focus on in our daily lives. It is the news that breathes new life into us. It refreshes us and gives us hope to go forward. This type of good news can be a change agent. It can be inspiring. It's the type of thing that we need to keep focused that this life is worth living, that others around us have the same struggles, concerns, challenges that we do, but because of good news we can not only handle the day to day battles, but also help others to overcome them, too. It's only good news that keeps our minds healthy, our spirits strong, and a smile on our face as we contemplate the magnificent possibilities before us. This good news changes a bad day into a good one.
Many people start their day reading or listening to the news. Many people finish their day reading or listening to the news. What a way to start and end the day with negativity. The news that is reported on local and national stations is just down-right depressing. It hits you from all sides. There are many people who just turn it off and refuse to let it in because it bothers them so much. That's hard to do because as good citizens, we need to be informed. So it's not good to just shut everything out. By now, you may be asking yourself, "Where do I find this good news? What website, radio station, TV channel is it on? Is it true? There is so much bad news being reported, where can I find the good news?"
In fulfilling the prophecy of Isaiah, Jesus opened the book in the synagogue in Nazareth and said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the good news (gospel) to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord." When we look at ourselves or others, do we see broken-heartedness, bondage, blindness, and spiritually or physically bruised? Remember Isaiah 52:7 proclaiming how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that brings the good news of salvation. Open up your Bible each morning. Finish your day with your Bible. It is life changing. Truly, it's good news for a change.> > > A note to our readers from CHPP:
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
We also have GOOD NEWS for you!
Ever since last November, we have been sponsoring a nonstop reading of the Word of God from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EDT. Those who have participated in this "Bible Readathon" with us have all reported that the reading of His Word, out loud, has left them energized, refreshed and reinvigorated for the day at hand!
So . . . whether you are an "early bird," or a "night owl" or simply one who sits before our Lord in the quiet hours of the night, we welcome you to join us in this reading experience. When you call in, you will be told where we are in the reading, naming the passage of Scripture we are calling forth. Then you are welcome to listen in, and to read aloud when our hostess calls you to do so.
And here is a bit of BREAKING NEWS from our readers:
When we reach the Book of Psalms, many are now prompted to SING their chapter! Isn't that wonderful?
You can reach us any night, seven nights each week, by dialing 712-770-4340; Access Code 350430#.
"So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)
Alabama Senate Election Tomorrow!
'All eyes turn to Alabama' as Tuesday's Senate race looms
Alabama's rollicking Senate race has been a star-studded affair involving President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and actors Phil Robertson and Chuck Norris.
The national media is paying attention, with publications and broadcast networks throughout the country descending on Alabama to cover the race pitting Senator Luther Strange and former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore.
But despite the outsider attention ahead of Tuesday's GOP runoff, most political observers continue to doubt the election will represent a harbinger of things to come during the 2018 midterm elections.
There are certainly plenty of political story lines in Alabama packed into an election that is expected to draw a meager 12 percent of voters on Tuesday.
The highlight is Trump's backing of Strange - underscored by the rally the president held for the Senator in Huntsville on Friday - while his former chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, has backed Moore.
Alabama is the first time the two allies have squared off, politically, since Trump was elected. (AL) Read more.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, September 24 - Saturday, September 30, 2017
Do you want to explore, understand, return and embrace the Hebrew Roots of the Christian faith? A GREAT resource for learning more about how to follow the Torah of Yeshua by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT is to listen to: hebrootsradio.com
Each weekday at the top of the hour, there is a new 25 minute teaching by Eddie Chumney followed by 25 minutes of beautiful messianic worship music. Listen on YOUR schedule, 1pm, 2pm, 9pm, it is the SAME teaching all day. A new teaching goes up the next day! There is also a LIVE 5 minute news update from Israel at the top of even hours!
Torah portion teaching for the week, Sept 30th: Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement: Leviticus 16, Isaiah 57:14-58:14, Hebrews 5:1-7:28
Featured teaching of the week:
What happens to Israel happens to the Messiah
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
PRECIOUS LORD, TAKE MY HAND
"I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, "Fear not; I will help thee." (Isaiah 41:13)
PRECIOUS LORD, TAKE MY HAND
"I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, "Fear not; I will help thee." (Isaiah 41:13)
To view the lyrics for this hymn, please visit the Cyberhymnal by going here.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Thomas A. Dorsey, 1932.
Signs and Wonders
A POTENT SUNSPOT IN THE OFFING?
In early September, monster sunspot AR2673 emerged with shocking speed and proceeded to unleash a pair of decade-class solar flares. The resulting severe geomagnetic storms sparked Northern Lights in the USA as far south as Arkansas on Sept. 8th. Now, the sunspot is coming back.
For the past two weeks, AR2673 has been transiting the backside of the sun, carried around by the sun's 27-day rotation. It is due to return in the next day or so. The loops, shown above, trace the AR2673's towering magnetic canopy, coming into view before the sunspot itself. Will it be as potent as before? Probably not, but stay tuned! (Spaceweather.com)
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
Half-a-Million People Gather in the Streets of Ukraine to Praise
the Name of Jesus
The streets of Kiev filled with songs of praise and thanks as 500,000 evangelical, Ukrainian Christians gathered to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation.
"Many traveled from all four provinces there just to be a part of that celebration, to thank God for the freedom to worship, to thank God for the freedom to preach the Gospel in their country, and to celebrate God's faithfulness," Sergey Rakhuba with Mission Eurasia told Mission Network News.
The gathering came after Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko signed an order recognizing the anniversary of the reformation.
"It was so exciting to see on the screen of my computer where I was watching young people with so much joy. They glorify God in the midst of their capital. This was the same place where they were protesting just a few years ago fighting for their freedom. But, also, this is the place where many years ago, Communists would force people to demonstrate and propagate Socialism, Atheism, Communism, and other 'isms' in their country." (Breaking Christian News)
Worship With Us Today!
Casting Crowns - "Great Are You Lord"
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]