The Daily Brief
1. Report: Iraq Security, Law Enforcement Officials Disappear in U.S. --Fox News
Several Iraqi military and law enforcement officials who had been in the United States for intelligence and training courses are on the lam after bolting from their classes.
The Army has acknowledged that five officers disappeared between 2005 and 2007, but intelligence officials told The Washington Times that the number of missing Iraqis is closer to a dozen, including one brigadier general who fled to Canada earlier this year.
· Thank You, Lord, that these men have not escaped Your eyes. You will find them and those who seek asylum will be safe; those who intend harm will be found out.
· "You drew near on the day I called on You, and said "Do not fear!" (Lamentations 3:57)
2. Report: Bush Sends Letter to North Korea Leader, Contents Not Revealed- Fox News
President Bush sent a "personal letter" to North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, the Communist country's official news agency said Thursday, although it did not reveal its contents.
· Lord we pray that You will grant President Bush wisdom in dealing with Kim Jong Il, and that no plan will be devised that is not of Your creation.
· "There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel - that will stand." (Proverbs 19:21)
3. FDA: 28 Miscarriages No Reason to Reexamine Gardasil- (CNSNews.com)
Since June 2006, when the HPV vaccine Gardasil was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, there have been 28 reported cases in which pregnant women miscarried after receiving the vaccine.
· Father we pray that wisdom will show truth to the FDA. We bind the power of the Pharmaceutical Companies over their actions, and break off their influence from decisions which endanger the safety of Americans.
· "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night . . .nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday." (Psalm 91:5, 6)
4. Romney: 'I Will Serve No One Religion' - (CNSNews.com)
"I am an American running for president. I do not define my candidacy by my faith." With those words, Republican Mitt Romney on Thursday attempted to ease alleged concerns or misunderstandings about his Mormon faith.
· Lord we once again pray that the person You choose as President be one who loves You, and holds Your truth as the standard of service to America.
· "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5, 6)
5. Administration, Banks Reach Deal to Freeze Rates- ABC News
Congressional aides say the Bush administration has hammered out an agreement with industry to freeze interest rates for certain sub-prime mortgages for five years in an effort to combat a soaring tide of foreclosures.
· Thank you, Lord for a possible solution to this mortgage crisis. We pray again for the those people who love you, that You will protect their homes and grant them safety from economic disaster.
· "Hear me, O Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good, turn to me according to Your tender mercies." (Psalm 69:16)
6. Forecast Says Economy Will Avoid Recession- MSNBC
The nation's housing doldrums will drag on at least through 2009, dampening U.S. economic growth and job creation, but the slowdown won't push the economy into a recession, according to a new economic report.
· Thank You, Lord, for this hopeful news. We put our trust in You alone.
· "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever." (Psalm 52:8)
7. Preacher Rebuffs Senate Spending Inquiry - Newsmax.com
One of six Christian ministries under investigation by a Senate committee is rebuffing inquiries into its spending, challenging the panel's watchdog role over religious groups, The Associated Press has learned.
· Father we pray that Your integrity will be shown forth in the investigation, and that all Christians will walk in Your truth and righteousness, blameless before You.
· "O house of Jacob, come and let us walk in the light of the Lord." (Isaiah 2:5)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15)
1. Iran Leader Claims Win in Nuke Faceoff - AP
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday called the dramatic U.S. turnaround in a new intelligence review a victory for Iran's nuclear program, suggesting it shows the success of his hard-line stance rejecting compromise.
2. PA: IDF offensive in Gaza would scuttle peace negotiations - Jerusalem Post
A massive IDF operation in the Gaza Strip will force the Palestinian Authority to boycott peace talks with Israel, PA officials warned Wednesday.
3. Second Temple palace uncovered - Jerusalem Post
Israeli archeologists have uncovered a monumental Second Temple structure opposite the Temple Mount that was likely Queen Helena's palace, the Israel Antiquities Authority announced Wednesday.
Confronting Sharia Law in America
US Leaders Should Ban Sharia Law And Deport Muslims Who Practice It
The threat of Islam as a dominant force in America is a threat to national security and the leadership in the United States should rethink their appeasing strategies in dealing with Islam with strident measures in order to protect the country and its citizens. Islam's sharia law places all peoples under the religious law of Islam and it is the mandate of Islam to bring the people of the world into submission to sharia law. This premise is incompatible with the Constitutional Republic form of government in the U.S. American leadership should take seriously the strategies of Islam to take over the nation and crush it before it happens.
Many would try to justify allowing Islam to prosper and grow in the United States because of the First Amendment guarantee of religious freedom. When a so-called religion, however, uses this freedom to attempt to take over this nation and establish Islamic laws that are contrary to the Constitution of the United States, this religion must be considered a threat to the nation. Leading Muslim clerics in the United States along with radical Muslim movements such as the Muslim Brotherhood and most Moslem organizations already planted in America have embarked upon a strategy to resettle the country through establishing Islamic Centers that administer their own "religious" laws.
Shutting down the Islamic revolution in the U.S. is difficult, especially in these days of political correctness where concerns about an Islamic enemy are met with harsh criticism and accusations of bigotry and prejudice. But one leader has blazed the trail of impeding Islam in his own country. Australian Prime Minister John Howard recently angered some Australian Moslems with his support of spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. He said, "Immigrants, not Australians, must adapt. Take it or leave it. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture." Howard had Moslem leaders pledge an oath of loyalty to Australia while making it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.
Howard's likely successor, Treasurer Peter Costello, took it a step further. He said, "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false; If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option." American leaders would do well to follow Australia's lead before an American manifestation occurs of the prophecy of Jeremiah 51:14, "I shall fill you with men as with locusts and they shall lift up a battle cry against you."
Bill Wilson The Daily Brief is published by Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP). CHPP is a ministry dedicated to praying for our leaders, and for issues involving our national security. We are a 501 (c) 3, tax-exempt nonprofit ministry, relying solely upon the gifts of our friends to maintain this work. Permission is granted to distribute this bulletin at will. HOWEVER, WE ASK THAT YOU NOT POST ANY OF OUR PUBLICATIONS ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT PERMISSION. Please cite Capitol Hill Prayer Partners as the source for this information. Thank you for praying with us for our leaders and our nation. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1,2). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172- 1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Word of Life Ministry
CLICK HERE AND SEE HOW TO BUILD A NATION under Biblical Principles ! Please - READ MORE
WHO WE ARE ...
NOTE TO NEW SUBSCRIBERS
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting to be added to receive our free alerts. WELCOME!
The Daily Brief is published by Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP). CHPP is a ministry dedicated to praying for our leaders, and for issues involving our national security. We are a 501 (c) 3, tax-exempt nonprofit ministry, relying solely upon the gifts of our friends to maintain this work.
Permission is granted to distribute this bulletin at will. HOWEVER, WE ASK THAT YOU NOT POST ANY OF OUR PUBLICATIONS ON ANY WEBSITE WITHOUT PERMISSION. Please cite Capitol Hill Prayer Partners as the source for this information. Thank you for praying with us for our leaders and our nation.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1,2). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172- 1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!