The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be My people." (Ezekiel 37:27)
1. Rice Sees Progress Towards Middle East Peace Agreement - Fox News
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Thursday she heard strong encouragement from Israeli and Palestinian leaders and their neighbors for quick progress toward a Middle East peace agreement.
2. Israel to release PA grant as part of Abbas deal - Jerusalem Post
Israel plans to turn over $100 million in frozen tax funds to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas by Friday, an official said.
3. US pressure dashes hopes of new homes for refugees - JNW
They have been waiting for more than 18 months for housing promised them after their own government dragged them out of their homes in the beautifully- developed and established Gaza Strip communities and dumped them in caravans and tent cities.
4. With $100 million, Olmert fuels civil strife in PA - JNW
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert appeared determined Thursday to further foment tension between Fatah and Hamas, tensions which was described by the US ambassador to Israel this week as good for the Jewish state.
5. Carter: Great defender of 'Palestinians' and ... SS Nazis - JNW
Former US President Jimmy Carter is not only champion extraordinaire of the Palestinian Arabs who desire and plan the destruction of Israel. It has also emerged that in 1987 he leapt to the defense of a former SS guard.