1. House Resolution Seeks to Silence Grassroots Lobbying -American Center for Law and Justice
Late last week, great gains were made in the Senate. The Bennett Amendment, which eliminated Section 220 of Senate Bill 1 - the bold attempt to muzzle grassroots lobbying and effectively silence the citizens of our nation -- passed the Senate. This is a small step towards victory in this free speech showdown. However, Senate Bill 1/House Resolution 4682 is now immediately on its way to the House of Representatives, where it is sure to be met by liberal politicians with guns blazing. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading the charge of Congress on this legislation and it is moving FAST.
• Dear Lord, we pray as the sons of Korah did in the Psalms, that You would restore favor to our land with Your truth and righteousness! May the truth about this House amendment, aimed to silence all opposition to liberal legislation, be stopped so that Your Judeo-Christian values will be able to flourish in America and throughout the world that You created! May God Bless America! • "Truth shall spring out of the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Yes, the Lord will give what is good; and our land will yield its increase. Righteousness will go before Him, and shall make His footsteps our pathway." (Psalm 85:11 NKJV)
2. US Productivity Growth Lowest For A Decade - MSNBC
The US economy last year recorded its lowest rate of labor productivity growth in more than a decade, with growth in output per hour worked falling behind the EU and Japan. The fall casts further doubt on the ability of the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates as the US economy slows.
• Dearest Lord, we know that You bless those who bless Your sovereign Israel! May the United States, through Your powerful, supernatural intervention; discontinue its participation in "The Quartet" and the man-made "Roadmap for Peace." Because of our nation's willful membership in this group that seeks to divest Israel of land that You gave to them, we are reaping "curses" instead of Your blessings! • What the Lord promised Abraham in Genesis, still stands true today. "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Genesis 12: 3 NKJV)
3. Brownback Reintroduces Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act - Breakpoint with Chuck Colson
U.S. Senator Sam Brownback on Tuesday reintroduced the Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act, which would require those who perform abortions on unborn children 20 weeks after fertilization to inform the mother seeking an abortion of the medical evidence that the unborn child feels pain. "While the unborn do not have a voice to scream, science tells us that by twenty weeks a child in the womb is capable of feeling pain." Dr. Sunny Anand, director of the Pain Neurobiology Laboratory at Arkansas Children’s Hospital Research Institute, testified before Congress. • The Lord instructed Israel through his servant, Moses, that He gives us the "Choice of Life or Death." We pray that Congress, too, will choose Life! • "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live." (Deuteronomy 30: 19 NKJV)
4. ADL Urges Congress to Fight Proselytizing In U.S. Military - Ha'aretz
The Anti-Defamation League Tuesday called on members of the U.S. Senate and House Armed Services Committees to hold hearings on what the group termed "coercive proselytizing and religious activity in the military."
• We remember in prayer what Jesus asked His Father on behalf of His enemies. • "Then Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.' And they divided His garments and cast lots." (Luke 23: 34 NKJV)
5. Senators Say 'No' On Bush Iraq Plan - USA Today
The stage is set for a dramatic debate in the Senate next week on President Bush's Iraq war policy following a vote of no-confidence Wednesday by a key committee. "All 100 senators should be on the line on this," said Sen. Chuck Hagel, a Nebraska Republican who co-sponsored a resolution opposing the president's planned increase in troop levels. Hagel's resolution, which he wrote with two ranking Democrats, declares Bush's plan to send 21,500 additional troops to Baghdad and Anbar province "not in the national interest." In order to pass the Senate, any anti-war resolution may need 60 votes: Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky is threatening a filibuster.
• "He who is devoid of wisdom despises his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his peace." (Proverbs 11: 12 NKJV)
6. Russia against U.S. plan to deploy missile sites in Central Europe - Int'l Herald Tribune
The Russian defense minister on Wednesday harshly criticized U.S. plans to deploy missile defense sites in Central Europe, saying that Moscow did not trust American claims that the sites were intended to counter missile threats posed by Iran and North Korea.
• Ask our Lord to grant His wisdom to the Bush administration as it prepares to respond to these concerns by Russia. • "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him go to the Father . . . and it will be given unto him." (James 1:5)
7. US launches new air strike in Somalia - Ynet News
The United States launched an air strike in Somalia against suspected terrorist targets -- the second such attack this month, defense officials said Wednesday.
• Pray for the safety and the protection of our troops as they fight the war on terror in Somalia. • "For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me . . ." (Psalm 27:5,6a)