The new president of the European Parliament, Hans- Gert Poettering, has promised to act as a "fair and objective" president of the whole assembly, indicating that despite his personal convictions, he would no longer press for a reference to God in any revised EU constitution. Instead, Poettering said one of his key priorities would be to boost a "dialogue between cultures," particularly between Christian and Muslim religions.
As the EU nears its 50th Birthday this March, German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday outlined an ambitious program for her country's European Union presidency, saying that the bloc must set a timetable for adopting an EU constitution. During her first appearance at the EU assembly, she stressed that a decision on what to do with the constitution must be reached by June.
• May God save Europe! May God bless and use for His Glory the new EU president, Angela Merkle, who said after meeting with Pope Benedict last year, "We need a European identity in the form of a constitutional treaty and I think it should be connected to Christianity and God, as Christianity has forged Europe in a decisive way." • "But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: 'Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.' " (Matthew 12: 25 NKJV)
2. Carter To Al-Jazeera: Palestinian Missile Attacks On Israelis Not Terrorism - Israel Insider
Former President Jimmy Carter told the Arab news network Al- Jazeera that he does not consider Palestinian missile attacks on Israeli civilians -- a war crime and breach of human rights, according to the UN -- to be acts of terror.
• Pray for forgiveness for this former president as he is greatly blinded and knows not what he does. May his misguided actions not bring curses upon our nation! • "For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and He ponders all his paths. His own iniquities entrap the wicked man, and he is caught in the cords of his sin. He shall die for lack of instruction, and in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray." (Proverbs 5: 21-23 NKJV)
3. Lawmakers Draft Anti-Bush Iraq Resolution - MSNBC
A Senate resolution opposing President Bush’s war plan on Iraq put the White House and Republican leaders on the defensive Wednesday as they scurried to prevent a trickle of GOP support for the measure from swelling into a deluge.
• May President Bush not be dissuaded in honoring God no matter what liberal attacks he receives for having liberated a demonically oppressed country! May he stay the Godly course for our nation that our Lord has called him to complete! • "The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked, but He blesses the home of the just. Surely He scorns the scornful, but gives grace to the humble. The wise shall inherit glory, but shame shall be the legacy of fools." (Proverbs 3: 33-35 NKJV)
4. Moscow, Beijing Eye Space Weapons - Washington Times
China and Russia are developing space weapons and are among several nations working on systems to threaten U.S. satellites with lasers or missiles, says the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.
• Oh Lord, we ask You for protection against duplicitous enemies who say they are for us, but then act against our best interests! We ask that they be saved before their end comes quickly! Just as King David prayed for relief from the contempt of his enemies, so we beg of You the same blessing. • "Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us! For we are exceedingly filled with contempt. Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorn of those who are at ease, with the contempt of the proud." (Psalm 123: 3- 4 NKJV)
5. Iran's Discontent With Ahmadinejad Grows - AP
Prices for vegetables have tripled in the past month, housing prices have doubled since last summer - and as costs have gone up, so has Iranians' discontent with hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his focus on confrontation with the West.
• Who is this man who thinks that he is a god and hates Israel, the "Apple of God's Eye?" God Will Deliver Israel! • "For thus the Lord has spoken to me: 'As a lion roars, and a young lion over his prey, (When a multitude of shepherds is summoned against him, He will not be afraid of their voice nor be disturbed by their noise), so the Lord of hosts will come down to fight for Mount Zion and for its hill."(Isaiah 31: 4 NKJV)
6. Democrats Wrap Up "100 Hours" - AP
House lawmakers pass last measure of 'Six for '06' legislative agenda with more than 57 hours to spare. "We have delivered on the promise," said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
• Pray in the spirit over each of these six bills that have now been passed out of the House. Each one must next go to the Senate for action; then eventually to President Bush for signature into law. Pray for God's perfect will to be done in and through each one of these bills; and that if there are any "stealth clauses" that would be injurious to the righteous, that they be discovered and deleted. • "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done . . ." (Matt. 6:10a)