1. President Bush Says His Administration Will "Take Every Proposal Seriously" - The Wall Street Journal
President Bush praised the report for offering "interesting proposals" and said his administration will "take every proposal seriously"' One study-group panelist, former Defense Secretary William Perry, said he went into a morning meeting with Mr. Bush convinced that the president "was building up antibodies toward the whole report" but came away "pleasantly surprised." Mr. Bush, he said, seemed "clearly interested in making even more of a course correction in the weeks and months ahead.'"
• We pray that President Bush will be inoculated with Your "wisdom antibodies" and Your peace that passes ALL understanding. May man's plans willingly take a back seat to Your plans, for Your Glory! • As Solomon said: "There is Security in Wisdom." "Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; love her, and she will keep you. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding." (Proverbs 4: 5-7 NKJV) "How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver." (Proverbs 16: 16 NKJV) "Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established." (Proverbs 16: 3 NKJV)
2. Bush: Al Qaeda, Iran Feeding Hatred, Violence in Mideast
Meets with British Prime Minister Tony Blair at the White House
President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair presented a united front Thursday, painting the sectarian violence in Iraq as a battle between freedom and terror in which Iraqis have fallen victim to Al Qaeda's and Iran's efforts to cause chaos and control the region.
The leaders agreed that the vision of the Iraq Study Group for a peaceful Middle East is correct, but the bloodshed is the result of extremists who want to impose their rule on "this vital part of the world."
• Father God, may you direct these men's agendas and draw them ever closer to You! May these men continue to grow a heart for You! • "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." (Proverbs 16: 9 NKJV)
3. Terrorists rejoicing over new Iraq 'plan' - World Net Daily
Reaction to Study Group: 'Allah and his angels' responsible, 'era of Islam and of jihad' declared
A high level U.S. commission's recommendations for an eventual withdrawal from Iraq and for dialogue with Iran and Syria proves "Islamic resistance" works and America will ultimately be defeated, according to senior terrorist leaders interviewed by WND. The militants, from the largest Palestinian terror groups in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, welcomed the policies outlined by the Iraq Study Group, which they claim recognizes Islam is the "new giant of the world." "The report proves that this is the era of Islam and of jihad," said Abu Ayman, a senior leader of Islamic Jihad in the northern West Bank town of Jenin. The Islamic Jihad terror group is responsible for every suicide bombing in Israel during the past two years.
• Thank our Lord that, even though other kings may try to exalt themselves, in the end it is only the Kingdom of our LORD that will stand! • "And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever." (Dan. 2:44)
4. Baker wants Israel excluded from regional conference - Insight Magazine
The White House has been examining a proposal by James Baker to launch a Middle East peace effort without Israel. The peace effort would begin with a U.S.-organized conference, dubbed Madrid-2, and contain such U.S. adversaries as Iran and Syria. Officials said Madrid-2 would be promoted as a forum to discuss Iraq's future, but actually focus on Arab demands for Israel to withdraw from territories captured in the 1967 war. They said Israel would not be invited to the conference.
• Who is this man to disregard the "Apple of God's Eye?" We pray for forgiveness and ask that he be cleansed of any anti-Semitic ancestral leanings. May the Bush administration reconsider this slight to Israel and extend an invitation to participate in these talks that could decide Israel's future and security! • Dear Lord, we know that the Bush administration favors long term friendships and trusts those who have been in the previous Bush administration. But, Lord, we ask that they will base their trust in more than just standing relationships and seek Your Face in all of their decisions. • "The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, if it is found in the way of righteousness." (Proverbs 16: 31 NKJV)
5. U.S. House Rejects Pro-Life Legislation - Citizen Link
The U.S. House of Representatives did not garner enough votes this afternoon to pass the Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act, H.R. 6099, a bill that would have required abortionists to tell their patients about fetal development and the capacity of pre-born children to feel pain. It also would have required doctors to offer pain-reducing drugs for pre-born children -- all with the ultimate goal of convincing women not to proceed with their abortions.
• Dear Lord, please bless the author of this resolution, Rep. Chris Smith, R-NJ, who tirelessly fought to salvage a positive vote to honor Life as You created it! May he not lose hope and may he continue to re-introduce this legislation that honors You until it passes Congress and becomes law. We pray that our nation will see the sanctity of life that You created, and one day, soon, refuse to elect any one who promotes the "culture of death." We ask forgiveness for this rejection of Life, and we pray for the forgiveness of those who don't see the importance of sparing unborn lives. • Jesus said in Matthew 19: 14 "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven."
6. U.S., Britain, Australia Warn Of Possible Terror Attacks During Summit In Philippines- AP and Stratfor Intelligence Summary
The U.S., Britain and Australia warned that terrorists may be plotting attacks in the central Philippines, the site of next week's Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) meeting of Asian leaders. The warnings follow a December 6 alert from the United Kingdom that terrorists are in the final stages of planning an attack. Philippine security officials previously said they knew of no specific terror threats against the ASEAN summit which is scheduled to begin December 11 in Cebu. Al-Qaida-linked militants will be a key security concern during the three-day summit, which opens Monday, Philippine officials said, adding that more than 10,000 troops and police were securing the Cebu venues. The U.S. Embassy warned U.S. citizens living and working in Cebu "to re-assess their personal security and to keep a low profile."
• Dear gracious and heavenly Father, we come to you as our Daddy. We are war-weary children who need Your loving touch and guidance through the storms of worldwide terrorism. We thank You for the advance information of a planned deadly attack on the ASEAN summit next week and ask that You will reveal the identities of those responsible for the planning and execution of these attacks. We also pray that the leaders of Abu Sayaf, the Al-Qaeda group led by Osama bin Laden's brother-in-law, will be found and taken prisoner from their southern island stronghold off the coast of Zamboanga City. • Jesus addressed His disciple's astonishment when He described how hard it will be for those with riches to enter Heaven. "But Jesus looked at them and said, With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.' " (Mark 10: 27 NKJV) We pray this promise, Lord, for the elimination of Al-Qaeda and worldwide terrorism for the Glory of God!