First lady Laura Bush had a skin cancer tumor removed from her right shin in early November. The procedure was not disclosed until Monday night.
• Pray that the removal of this tumor will be all that Laura and President Bush have to experience in their physical man. Pray for every blow they have received – physically, mentally, or emotionally, they will receive a blessing. • "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."(John 10:10)
2. Conservative Episcopal Churches Vote To Split From Denomination - All Headline News
In a stunning rebuke of what they view as a dangerous trend towards liberal ideology, members of seven of Virginia's largest Episcopal congregations have voted to sever ties with the denomination and align themselves with a conservative Anglican archbishop.
• Offer up praise for these seven congregations that have chosen to follow the pure Word of the Lord and to leave the systems of the world. May we all follow their example by refusing to listen to the voice of tolerance, unity of diversity, and acceptance (natural love) -- the way of deception -- and listen instead to the true voice of love, which is based in the fear of the Lord. Stand in agreement that all property now in dispute between these seven congregations and the Episcopal church will be granted to those congregations, for our Lord WILL restore what the locust has eaten! • " The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge . . ." (Prov. 1:7)
3. China Signs Pact For Nuclear Reactors With U.S. - All Headline News
China and the United States have approved an agreement that allows Westinghouse Electric Co. to develop four civilian nuclear reactors in China.
• Pray that as workers for companies like Westinghouse go into China, God’s people in those companies will have freedom to share the gospel. Pray that leaders of China will come to know Jesus for themselves. • "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)
4. Russia Defies West and Goes Ahead With Nuclear Fuel Sale to Iran - Fox News
Russia is to begin supplying Iran with nuclear fuel early next year despite mounting concern in the West that this could accelerate Tehran’s plans to build a nuclear bomb.
• Pray that this ungodly union will be blocked from coming together. Pray that God will thwart their plans! • "He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." (1 John 3:8)
5. Iranians deal blow to Ahmadinejad - Int'l Herald Tribune
Iranian reformers and moderate conservatives asserted Monday that they had struck a blow against President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad by winning most of the seats in local elections and exposing public discontent with the president's hard-line political stances and inefficient administration.
• Pray that for every day that goes by, reformers and moderates inside Iran will have more favor with the people and that they will be the ones to rule in the country. Pray that Iranians and Iraqis will appreciate their ties to the US. • "Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just; for the righteous God tests the hearts and minds." (Psalms 7:9)
6. US to warn Iran with naval buildup in Gulf - Ynet News
The Pentagon is planning a major buildup of US Naval forces in and around the Gulf as a warning to Iran, CBS News reported on Monday.
• Pray that as Iran plots against the free world, they will only get weaker! Pray that the Pentagon will have God’s wisdom as to how to protect from any attacks against the US and its interests! • "For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more." (Psalms 37:9,10)