1. Bush Urged to Curb Overspending - Washington Times
Capitol Hill Republicans and conservative activists say President Bush must follow through on veto threats to keep spending of the Democrat- controlled Congress in check and re-establish Republicans as the voice of fiscal responsibility heading into the next election.
· Father we ask that you grant President Bush favor and wisdom as he negotiates his way through upcoming legislation. Protect our economy, and make Your righteous ways known. · "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not utterly be cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand." (Psalm 37:23-24)
2. House Passes Gun Control Bill -- CBN News
Motivated in large part by the recent Virginia Tech slayings, the House passed its first major gun control law in ten years, Wednesday.
· We ask, Lord. that this legislation accomplish what is originally intended, and that it not be twisted to infringe on the rights of the people. We ask that it be administered with truth and righteousness. · "He who keeps instruction is in the way of life. . ." (Proverbs 10:17)
3. Group Warns Massachusetts Will 'Export' Marriage Destruction - CNSNews.com
A vote Thursday by the Massachusetts Legislature denying voters the chance to decide whether same- sex "marriage" should be banned in the state will embolden its supporters to take "the destruction of marriage across state lines, " a pro-family group said.
· Father, You alone can stop this legislation from having an effect across state lines. We stand in the gap for the people of the State of Massachusetts, who will now suffer as a result of this ruling, and we ask You to block this from spreading its poisonous effect across the nation. We bind the political spirit that panders to sin. · "But he who sins against Me wrongs his own soul;all those who hate Me love death." (Proverbs 9:36)
4. FBI Finds It Frequently Overstepped In Collecting Data- Washington Post
An internal FBI audit has found that the bureau potentially violated the law or agency rules more than 1,000 times while collecting data about domestic phone calls, e-mails and financial transactions in recent years, far more than was documented in a Justice Department report in March that ignited bipartisan congressional criticism.
· Lord we pray that Your wisdom would prevail in the workings of all Homeland Security and Justice Department agencies. We pray that You would preserve our freedoms and balance them in righteousness and justice as agencies work to protect our nation. · I will make justice the measuring line, And righteousness the plummet; The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, And the waters will overflow the hiding place. (Isaiah 28:17)