WND's Aaron Klein interviews Mideast militants about speaker's policies
Posted: April 4, 2007
8:34 p.m. Eastern
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit today to Syria – in which she called for dialogue with Damascus – was "brave" and "very appreciated" and could bring about "important changes" to America's foreign policy, including talks with "Middle East resistance groups," members of terror organizations whose top leaders live in Syria told WND's Aaron Klein.
One terror leader, Khaled Al-Batch, a militant and spokesman for Islamic Jihad, expressed hope Pelosi would continue winning elections, explaining the House speaker's Damascus visit demonstrated she understands the Middle East.
Please listen to others and then read the many related stories. And pray for a reversal of any impact, and grace and humility to humble our national pride and hearts before the LORD.
1. 15 British sailors head for London - Ynet News
The 15 British military personnel released by Iran on Wednesday boarded a plane bound for London, ending a two-week standoff between the British government and the Islamic Republic.
• Thank you, Lord for the safe return of the British sailors. We do ask, however, the You infuse the British government with a fresh wisdom directly from You so that they may stand firmly against the plans and deceptions of the enemy. We bind any negative political effects of this crisis against Britain, and we declare that the enemy will be snared by their own plans. • "Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way, and be snared by their own devices." (Proverbs 1:31)
2. Pelosi talks to Assad with no authorization by the U.S. - Washington Times
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi held talks with Syria's leader yesterday despite White House objections, saying she pressed President Bashar Assad over his country's support for militant groups and passed him a peace message from Israel.
• Father we ask Your forgiveness for rebellion within our leadership. We repent on behalf of all of our leaders who have not followed a path which seeks Your face. We know that a divided house cannot stand. So in Your love, may mercy be Your response to Nancy Pelosi's actions. • "To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against Him." (Daniel 9:9)
3. U.N. Emergency Crews Arrive In The Solomons
At Least 34 Dead, 5,000 Homeless - All Headline News
United Nations relief workers have begun recovery efforts in the Solomon Islands, the first of which is to identify the extent of the damage from a deadly tsunami.
• Lord we ask that Your people would rise up to assist the victims of this tragedy. May Your Spirit blow across the Solomons to draw people close to Your heart and bring comfort. • "To comfort all who mourn, to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness." (Isaiah 61:3)
4. Bush bypasses Senate to name fundraiser an envoy - Washington Times
President Bush issued a recess appointment yesterday enabling Republican fundraiser Sam Fox to become U.S. ambassador to Belgium, despite objections from Senate Democrats who blocked his nomination last month.
• Lord we ask that you guard the Presidential powers with Your mighty hand. We take authority over personal hatred within all areas of our government and bind it, and command it to be thrown into the sea. We loose Your Holy Spirit to protect the checks and balances of the United States government according to Your original intent. And If Sam Fox is Your choice for this office, then we ask Your favor and blessing upon him. • "Behold I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)
5. Senate to vote on stem cell bill - BP News; CNSNews
The United States Senate is expected to vote to fund stem cell research that destroys embryos shortly after it returns from its Easter recess. A separate report released by CNS News states that another "adult" stem cell success has been achieved, in one of the most stunning reported advances in bio- technology in years from stem cells not harvested from human embryos but derived from a non- controversial source.
• Lord we ask that You use the new information about adult stem cells to stop the deaths of thousands of unborn children. We ask that Your compassion begin to rule in the hearts of our legislators, and all lies be destroyed. We bind the spirit of Molech in our midst, and loose the Holy Spirit of God to bring about positive change. We break the power of the stem cell bill as currently proposed in the Mighty Name of Jesus! • "He shall appear in His glory, He shall regard the prayer of the destitute, and shall not despise their prayer." (Psalm 102:17)
6. Republicans Demand Investigation of UN Climate-Change Agency - The Hill
Nine House Republicans Wednesday called for a probe of a United Nations agency that monitors climate change, citing reports of mismanagement. Members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, led by the panel’s ranking Republican, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.), asked the Governmental Accountability Office (GAO) to launch an inquiry into the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). An audit has shown that a WMO official misappropriated $3 million to finance a “money-for- votes scheme” before fleeing.
• Lord we thank You for revealing this mismanagement. We ask that You reveal all hidden secrets, all agendas of the United Nations that would be a detriment to the United States.• "You will know them by their fruits. . ." (Matthew 7:16)
7. Global Warming Skeptic Challenges Gore to Debate - CNSNews
A British skeptic of global warming "alarmism" has challenged climate change activist and former Vice President Al Gore to a debate on the issue. "Global warming is not a crisis," Viscount Christopher Monckton of Brenchley declared in an ad published in the Washington Post Tuesday. The ad, also scheduled to run in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal, directs readers to a website in which Monckton challenges Gore to a debate in Oxford, England at a date of the American's choosing.
• We ask, Lord that You bring all of the scientific evidence for both sides to the table in the global warming debate. We ask that truth be revealed, and that political alarmism be stopped. We bind the fear that has been generated and loose Your wisdom into the earth. • "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease." (Genesis 8:22)