Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
How To Subscribe
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at CHPP1994@gmail.com requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
|National Day of Prayer 2019|
National Day of Prayer 2019
Remarks by President Trump at the National Day of Prayer Service
The Rose Garden; The White House
Thursday, May 2, 2019
Below, are The President's remarks at the National Day of Prayer Service. You can watch the full video of the White House National Day of Prayer event HERE. Thank you to all those that participated in person or watched on livestream. We are grateful for all your prayers and support.
White House Office of Public Liaison
> > > To read the transcript of President Trump's remarks on the National Day of Prayer, please go here.
If you missed the National Observance of the National Day of Prayer on May 2, 2019 or would like to watch it again, you can do so here. You will hear from the Brooklyn Tabernacle Singers, Rev. Anthony B. Thompson, Jay and Diane Strack, Sammy Rodriguez, Andrew & Norine Brunson, and United States Congressman Jody Hice. Many more took part in and contributed to this national prayer service to pray for America.
You can participate in prayer wherever you are with these engaging prayers offered by men and women from all walks of life. Feel free to use this video as a tool in your church and share with your friends to encourage them to pray for America.
(Source: National Day of Prayer Task Force, Colorado Springs, Colorado)
|Focus on Israel|
1. Amidror: Iran Behind The Gaza Escalation - Jerusalem Post
Iran, through Palestinian Islamic Jihad - its proxy in Gaza - is behind the current escalation in the South, former national security adviser Yaakov Amidror said on Sunday.
Amidror, in a conversation with The Israel Project, traced the current round of massive rocket fire on Israel to Friday, when an Islamic Jihad sniper fired on IDF soldiers patrolling the Gaza border, wounding two officers. Israel responded and killed two Hamas men, and then the rocket barrage began from Gaza.
What made Friday's shooting on the IDF patrol interesting, Amidror said, was that it took place precisely when Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders were in Cairo putting the finishing touches on an agreement drawn up by Egypt that was designed to ease the tension in the South.
But while its leaders were in Cairo, Islamic Jihad fired on the soldiers. At first, the organization tried to deny responsibility for the attack. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray that any hand Iran has in attacks in Israel would be made known. We ask that all darkness would be brought to light. We pray against confusion and deceit and ask You to release Your truth and understanding to leaders of all nations. We pray that they would have divine wisdom and hold Iran responsible. We pray in the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light." (Mark 4:22)
2. Ceasefire appears to take hold around Gaza after deadly flareup - Times of Israel
A ceasefire between Israel and the Gaza terror groups went into effect at 4:30 a.m. Monday, ending two days of intense fighting that saw more than 600 rockets fired at Israel and four Israeli civilians killed, according to the Hamas and Islamic Jihad terror groups.
The Israeli government refused to confirm the reported truce, apparently so as to avoid publicly acknowledging its negotiations with terrorist groups. However, the military announced that, as of 7 a.m., it was lifting all security restrictions that had been in place in the south during the fighting, and that schools would be allowed to open, indicating that a ceasefire had indeed been reached.
An Egyptian official also confirmed the deal to AFP on condition of anonymity. (Read more)
- Abba, we know the track record of the terror groups that attack Israel is not good when they make a truce. They usually are quick to violate it. We pray that they would sincerely honor this truce. We pray for peace in all of Israel, all of Jerusalem, and in the hearts of all the people there. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." (Matthew 5:37)
3. After 48-hour onslaught, truce holds firm in South - Jerusalem Post
Two days after Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) pummeled Israel with some 700 rockets, and Israel responded with a show of force not seen since Operation Protective Edge in 2014, an undeclared ceasefire held in the South on Monday.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, however, made clear that this would not be the last round of fighting in the coastal enclave.
"Over the last two days, we struck Hamas and Islamic Jihad with great force," he said in a statement. "We hit over 350 targets. We struck terrorist leaders and operatives and we destroyed terrorist buildings. The campaign is not over, and it demands patience and sagacity. We are prepared to continue. The goal has been - and remains - ensuring quiet and security for the residents of the South."
Netanyahu's statement said nothing of a ceasefire, which a Hamas-run television channel first reported would come into effect at 4:30 a.m. While no official comments came from Jerusalem announcing a ceasefire, directives issued by the IDF - saying that at 7 a.m. restrictions placed on residents of the South would be lifted - were an indication that an agreement had been reached.
The agreement was brokered, as previous ones were, by Egypt and the UN. Though the terms were not released, KAN News reported that they included Israel agreeing to the transfer of some $30 million from Qatar to Gaza to pay Hamas salaries, reopening the crossings into Gaza, and a return to the expanded fishing zone off Gaza's coast. Hamas is expected to exert greater control over PIJ, limit the weekly "Great March of Return" riots along the border, and stop launching inflammable balloons and kites toward Israel. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray that Hamas would stick to the agreement, and also exert more control over the PIJ. We pray that the launching of inflammable balloons and kites would stop. We pray that the money transfered to Gaza would not be used in ways that bring any harm to Israel. In Yeshua's name we pray, amen.
- "You will also declare a thing,
And it will be established for you;
So light will shine on your ways."
4. World leaders condemn rocket attacks from Gaza - Israel Hayom
The U.S. State Department and European leaders have condemned the rocket fire from the Gaza Strip, urging immediate escalation of the border situation. "The rocket fire from Gaza towards Israel must stop immediately. A de-escalation of this dangerous situation is urgently needed to ensure that civilians' lives are protected," a spokesperson for European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said on Saturday evening.
"Israelis and Palestinians both have the right to live in peace, security and dignity. Only a political solution can put an end to the violence. Efforts by Egypt and the UN to calm the situation have the European Union's full support," the EU spokesperson added.
But cease-fire talks brokered by Egypt and the UN envoy brought no results Sunday as the situation continued to deteriorate as two more Palestinians and three Israelis were killed, while others were wounded in ongoing rocket attacks and Israeli reprisals.
"The United States strongly condemns the ongoing barrage of rocket attacks by Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad from Gaza upon innocent civilians and their communities across Israel," the State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagus said in a statement. (Read more)
- Father God, we give You praises that leaders of other nations have condemned these rocket attacks against Israel. We pray, Father, that they would stand firm with Israel, and not be double minded in supporting Israel against terrorists. We pray in the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."
5. PM will seek extension for the establishment of the government - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is approaching the end of the first period alloted to him for forming a government.
Channel 12 News reports Netanyahu will request an additional two weeks from President Rivlin, as defined by law. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for Prime Minister Netanyahu and ask for Your Will to be done regarding the formation of a government. We pray for cooperation between the parties and unity in the Knesset. In Yeshua's name, amen.
- Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. (Matthew 10:12)
6. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Alert
To read this week's special edition. go here.
|The Daily Brief|
1. Trump sending Navy strike group to Middle East to send 'message' to Iran - Washington Examiner
The United States is deploying the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the Middle East region in response to "troubling and escalatory indications and warnings" from the Iranian government.
National Security Adviser John Bolton released a statement Sunday night confirming the strike group is being deployed. Bolton said the show of force would send a "clear and unmistakable message to the Iranian regime" that it cannot attack U.S. allies or interests in the region. He wrote that any attack would be "met with unrelenting force."
"The United States is not seeking war with the Iranian regime, but we are fully prepared to respond to any attack, whether by proxy, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, or regular Iranian forces," Bolton said. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray Your mighty protection over our Navy and the bomber task force. We bind the power of the enemy against them and the nation of Israel and loose Your Blood and Your Holy Spirit over the region. May this all be used for the good of Your people.
- "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
2. Congressional Analysts Weigh In: Trump Can Close the Border - WND
President Trump, in his battle with Democrats over securing America's southern border, has mentioned the option of closing the border, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin. It would be a drastic move, given the trade that moves back and forth daily. And some critics of the president contend such a move would be illegal. However, it has been done several times in the past, and no federal court ruled that a president didn't have the authority.
Meaning, according to a new report from the Congressional Research Service, that President Trump could issue the order, and if his opponents challenged him in court, the outcome is uncertain. There have been at least four occasions in which presidents ordered a border closed, the report said. "The measures taken on at least one of the occasions covered in the articles - the aftermath of President Kennedy's assassination in 1963 - may have constituted a full closure of ports of entry on the southern border for much of the afternoon and evening of November 22, 1963. On another occasion, President Reagan ordered the closure of nine ports of entry 'for a matter of days' after the abduction of a Drug Enforcement Administration agent in Mexico in 1985. On two other occasions - President Nixon's 'Operation Intercept' in 1969 and President George W. Bush's post-9/11 measures - the restrictions consisted primarily of extensive inspections that brought border traffic to a standstill." (Read more)
- Father, we pray that these truths will bring awareness to those who continually attack our President. We pray that their eyes may be opened and their ears unstopped as Your Spirit changes their hearts.
- ". . . because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, not do they understand." (Matthew 13:13b)
3. Trump announces Obama-era Border Patrol Chief Mark Morgan will take over ICE - Fox News
President Trump announced on Sunday that the former head of the U.S. Border Patrol under President Barack Obama will be his administration's new chief of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Trump in a tweet on Sunday announced that Mark Morgan will take over as head of ICE -- replacing former acting ICE Director Ronald Vitiello, who resigned earlier this month.
"I am pleased to inform all of those that believe in a strong, fair and sound Immigration Policy that Mark Morgan will be joining the Trump Administration as the head of our hard working men and women of ICE," Trump tweeted Sunday. "Mark is a true believer and American Patriot. He will do a great job!"
Trump wrote Sunday night that the agency's acting director, Matt Albence, would remain in his job until Morgan is confirmed. "Matt is tough and dedicated and has my full support to deploy ICE to the maximum extent of the law!"
Morgan has been critical of attempts - of the lack thereof -- by Congress to end the migration crisis at the U.S.' southern border with Mexico. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that if Mark Morgan is the one You have chosen to oversee ICE, that he will be confirmed quickly. We pray for wisdom and understanding for him in this position.
- "The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility."(Proverbs 15:33)
4. Leaked Transcript Sheds New Light on Tarmac Meeting Between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch - Western Journal
A transcript of former Attorney General Loretta Lynch's congressional testimony about her infamous June 27, 2016, tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton suggests it was not happenstance but a forced encounter by the 42nd president.
RealClearInvestigations reporter Eric Felten had a chance to review the transcript of Lynch's testimony before the House Judiciary and House Oversight and Government Reform committees, which took place behind closed doors last December, and concluded Clinton likely knew full well what he was doing when he boarded Lynch's plane at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix. The timing was highly suspect with his wife, then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, just days away from being interviewed by the FBI regarding for her handling of classified information. (Read more)
- Lord, as more and more information is released from the Obama years, we ask for restoration to our nation. We pray for removal of all corruption, all injury to the heritage of America, and all hidden things to be revealed in a way that will be shown to all in the nation.
- "For He has given you the former rain faithfully, and He will cause the rain to come down for you - the former rain and the latter rain in the first month. The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil."
5. Treasury Secretary Mnuchin denies House Dem's request for Trump's tax returns - Fox News
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, in a letter Monday, denied House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal's request for President Trump's tax returns, saying the request lacked a "legitimate legislative purpose."
"As you have recognized, the Committee's request is unprecedented, and it presents serious constitutional questions, the resolution of which may have lasting consequences for all taxpayers," the letter read.
Mnuchin told the Massachusetts Democrat he'd relied on the advice of the Justice Department. He concluded that the department was "not authorized to disclose the requested returns and return information." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that Secretary Mnuchin has defied Congress on this matter. We pray for repentance to come to our politicians, for we have sinned against our own nation. We ask that the ensuing court case would seal the matter from coming up again. We ask that the courts grant favor to President Trump.
- "Did he not fear the Lord and seek the Lord's favor? And the Lord relented concerning the doom which He has pronounced against them.But we are doing great evil against ourselves." (Jeremiah 26:19b,c)
6. Reps. Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib Attend Anti-Trump Rally: "This is not going to be the country of white people" - Daily Caller
Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rep. Rashida Tlaib spoke at a rally Tuesday on the front lawn of the U.S Capitol, criticizing President Donald Trump's condemnation of Omar's 9/11 trivialization. Barbara Ransby, a professor and adviser to the Movement for Black Lives, along with Professor and far-left activist Angela Davis, were responsible for organizing the anti-Trump event at the Capitol, according to Democracy Now.
The rally was branded "Black Women in Defense of Ilhan Omar" and was meant to address backlash from Trump and conservatives directed at Omar for her characterization of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon as "some people did something".
Various speeches were given during the rally by associates of the Black Lives Matter organization, anti-Trump activists and representatives including Tlaib and Omar. During Omar's speech, she claims that Trump and "his goons in the Republican Party" are threatened by her because of her profile.
"The thing that upsets the occupant of the White House, his goons in the Republican Party, many of our colleagues in the Democratic Party, is that they can't stand that a refugee, a black woman, an immigrant, a Muslim, shows up in Congress thinking shes equal to them," she said. (Read more)
- Lord, if these women cannot come to the truth, we ask for their removal from Congress. We bind the damage that they are causing by their words and actions and decree it to be dissipated.
- "Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall." (Proverbs 16:18)
7. . Dems' 'naked refusal' to accept 2016 election sparks new rule - WND
The Democrats' "naked refusal" to accept the 2016 election results triggered a recent Senate rule change on approving judicial nominees, according to a lawyer for a public-interest law firm.
"Something had to be done to restore the original constitutional vision. Adopting the two-hour standard was sadly necessary to put the brakes on persistent partisan obstruction on judicial nominees," wrote Ken Klukowski of the First Liberty Institute wrote.
He was referring to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's decision to address the backlog of nominees by allowing only two hours of debate following a cloture vote for district court nominees. Kluklowski said the change was triggered by the "unprecedented obstruction from liberal Senate Democrats." (Read more)
- Lord, we lay the actions of those who refuse to accept Trump's presidency before you and ask that Your will be the deciding factor in all that is done in the Senate for the confirmation process. Let no "resistance" take place in that body.
- "A scoffer does not listen to rebuke." (Proverbs 13:1b)
8. Orwellian Attack on Parental Rights: Court Warns Father He'll Be Arrested if He Calls His Daughter a Girl - PJ Media
Last month, the Supreme Court of British Columbia issued an order that a father (referred to by the pseudonym "Clark") may not refer to his 14-year-old daughter (pseudonym "Maxine") as a girl or by her original name, whether in public or in private. Doing so has been ruled to constitute "family violence" because Maxine identifies as a boy. According to a separate protection order, police may immediately arrest Clark if they suspect he violated this Orwellian order.
Justice Francesca Marzari ruled that any attempt to persuade Maxine that she is a girl constitutes "family violence" because it would cause her "psychological abuse in the form of harassment or coercion." Since she is receiving "treatment" for gender dysphoria (the persistent identification with the gender opposite her biological sex), any encouragement to reconsider that "treatment" is considered violence.
Clark "shall be restrained from: attempting to persuade [Maxine] to abandon treatment for gender dysphoria; addressing [Maxine] by his birth name; and referring to [Maxine] as a girl or with female pronouns whether to [Maxine] directly or to third parties." The order will last for one year. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray that You will bring true justice to this father, and truth to his daughter. We plead the Blood of Jesus over both Canada and the United States against these insidious plots of the enemy to destroy families.
- "And a man's foes will be those of his own household." (Matthew 10:36)
9. Trump says he, Putin discussed new nuclear pact possibly including China - Reuters
U.S. President Donald Trump said he and Russian President Vladimir Putin discussed on Friday the possibility of a new accord limiting nuclear arms that could eventually include China in what would be a major deal between the globe's top three atomic powers. Trump, speaking to reporters as he met in the Oval Office with Peter Pellegrini, prime minister of the Slovak Republic, also said he and Putin discussed efforts to persuade North Korea to give up nuclear weapons, the political discord in Venezuela, and Ukraine during a call that stretched over an hour.
The 2011 New START treaty, the only U.S.-Russia arms control pact limiting deployed strategic nuclear weapons, expires in February 2021 but can be extended for five years if both sides agree. Without the agreement, it could be harder to gauge each other's intentions, arms control advocates say.
Trump cited the expense of keeping up the U.S. nuclear arsenal as a motivating factor behind wanting to limit how many weapons are deployed.
"We're talking about a nuclear agreement where we make less and they make less and maybe where we get rid of some of the tremendous firepower that we have right now," he said. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for a verifiable, strong treaty that protects the United States from nuclear disaster.
-"For You have armed me with strength for the battle." (2 Samuel 22:40a)
10. North Korea fires several short-range missiles off its coast, South Korea says - New York Post
North Korea fired several short-range missiles toward the Sea of Japan on Saturday morning local time - the country's first test launch in a year and a half, South Korean media reported.
US and South Korean officials are analyzing information about the missile launch, the South Korean military said. The missiles are believed to have been fired from near the city of Wonsan, which is east of the capital Pyongyang, and to have flown about 125 miles before splashing down off the country's eastern coast.
The launch, which does not violate Kim's own self-imposed moratorium on nuclear and long-range missle testing, comes months after denuclearization talks between North Korea and the Trump administration fell apart.
Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un met in Vietnam in February, but failed to reach a deal to achieve denuclearization of the country.
Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement, "We are aware of North Korea's actions tonight. We will continue to monitor as necessary." (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for a change in Kim Jong-Un's heart, to move from pride to humility. You see his heart and you know the deception and lies he feeds on from day to day.
- "For the Lord does not see as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7b)
11. China putting minority Muslims in 'concentration camps,' U.S. says - Reuters
The United States accused China on Friday of putting well more than a million minority Muslims in "concentration camps," in some of the strongest U.S. condemnation to date of what it calls Beijing's mass detention of mostly Muslim Uighur minority and other Muslim groups.
The comments by Randall Schriver, who leads Asia policy at the U.S. Defense Department, are likely to increase tension with Beijing, which is sensitive to international criticism and describes the sites as vocational education training centers aimed at stemming the threat of Islamic extremism.
Former detainees have described to Reuters being tortured during interrogation at the camps, living in crowded cells and being subjected to a brutal daily regimen of party indoctrination that drove some people to suicide.
Some of the sprawling facilities are ringed with razor wire and watch towers.
"The (Chinese) Communist Party is using the security forces for mass imprisonment of Chinese Muslims in concentration camps," Schriver told a Pentagon briefing during a broader discussion about China's military, estimating that the number of detained Muslims could be "closer to 3 million citizens." (Read more)
- Lord, we pray that You will visit the rulers of China, and the Muslim population of that nation. May the blinders be removed, and Your Spirit be manifest to show that You alone are the One True Living God.
- "Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord." (Ezekiel 38:23)
|The Daily Jot|
Monday, May 6, 2019
State of the Nation
Saturday, I was honored to speak to nearly 200 folks at the 25th Anniversary celebration of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners about the state of the nation. Here is the text of my remarks:
The state of the nation is a tale of darkness and of light. Never before in history, certainly during my lifetime, have things been so visceral. The forces of darkness label anyone who disagrees with them as haters, bigots, racists, homophobes, Islamophobes, misogynists or any other "phobe" or "ist." All the while this same small army daily demonstrates their own hate, ideological bigotry, and intolerance. They are a minority, but their voices are amplified across their mainstream media propaganda machine.
They mock God, demean traditional values, debase morals, and judge Christians as uneducated, gun-toting, Bible-banging bigots. While claiming to be the victims, they victimize all who disagree. Their allies in the deep state worked and are working with them to overturn and do away with the foundational principles upon which this nation was so blessed. These same forces of darkness seek to foment a neo-communist revolution to overthrow this nation and your way of life. And many good people sit back and watch; they go to their churches and think they are doing good; and they are not concerned about this new brand of communism because God is greater and God is in control.
Be not deceived. Yes, God is in control, but he chooses to work through his people to make up a wall, and stand in the gap to overcome evil-That is why we pray; that is why we act, otherwise the darkness grows darker, and the light, dimmer. Why is this communism a threat? Have you ever read the Communist Manifesto? The Communist Manifesto says, in part, "But communism abolishes eternal truths, it abolishes all religion, and all morality, instead of constituting them on a new basis; it therefore acts in contradiction to all past historical experience." This is a direct attack on Christianity. It is a direct attack on our Nation. It is a direct attack on the inalienable rights endowed each of us by our Creator.
This is a very active and real coup attempt by Democrats, some Republicans, the deep state within the FBI, CIA and State Department, and most of the news media. This is the state of the nation that is the tale of darkness. It should shake us to the very core. You see, the state of our nation is a tale of darkness and a tale of light. We have seen the darkness. But what did Christ say about darkness? He said you are the light of the world and that a candle gives light to all who are in the house. Many I talk to are angry about this situation. They feel helpless to address it. But address it we must. We are charged to overcome evil with good. We are exhorted to love God with all of our heart, and love our neighbor as ourselves.
The conversation to change must start somewhere. We have Christ. We have the answer. We must engage. Romans 13:12 says, "The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light." We are the light. We are the part of the state of our nation that is yet to be written. This is my prayer:
"Father God, let it be written, for those who read about the past, that it was us, those of us here today, who defeated the darkness. Let us speak boldly as we ought to speak. Let us obey God rather than men. Let us pray. Let us act. Let us, having taken on the whole armor of God, and having done all, Let us stand. Let our testimony and good service unto God become the state of the nation. Amen."
Have a blessed and powerful day,
|White House Statement|
This time is different
Unemployment Rate Falls to Lowest Level in Nearly 50 Years; U.S. Economy Adds 263,000 New Jobs in April
Americans have seen good economies and bad economies over the years, from the stagflation of the 1970s to the Reagan Revival and from the Great Recession to the slow, crawling "recovery" of the Obama Administration.
The Trump Economy is roaring, but it's also different. In previous booms, fast growth often meant soaring stocks and huge returns to those at the very top-the well-connected and well-heeled who got rich off the globalized economy. The stock market continues to break records under President Donald J. Trump-good news for anyone with a 401(k)-but it's not the upper class who's seeing the biggest gains in this economy.
"It's a good time not to be 'privileged,' to borrow the political vernacular of our progressive friends," The Wall Street Journal editorial board wrote on Friday. "Employers added 263,000 jobs in April as the unemployment rate dropped to 3.6%, the lowest in five decades. The best news is that the biggest beneficiaries of this tight labor market are the folks who struggled during the slow-growth Obama years."
That means blue-collar, middle-class, and working-class Americans. Today, the unemployment rate for both recent community college and vocational school graduates is actually lower than it is for grads from four-year colleges. "Less educated Americans are experiencing faster wage and job growth," the Journal's editors explain.
Congressional Democrats increasingly tell us that a heavy dose of socialism-think massive, government-run healthcare-is needed to give everybody a chance at the American Dream. That's an awkward attack on President Trump's economy when historically marginalized groups are seeing the following results, per Friday's jobs report:
- The unemployment rate for adult women hit 3.1 percent in April, the lowest rate since 1953.
- Unemployment for Hispanics fell to 4.2 percent, the lowest rate ever since that statistic was first recorded in 1973.
- Unemployment for Americans with only a high-school degree fell to 3.5 percent. That matches its lowest rate in nearly two decades.
- Unemployment for those with a disability fell to 6.3 percent last month, the lowest rate since that statistic was first recorded in 2008.
"Believe it or not-and liberals won't want to admit it," The Wall Street Journal's editors write, "the evidence is that the faster economic growth of the last two years is reducing income inequality."
> > > Read morehere.
Scoop: Israel passed White House intelligence on possible Iran plot
Israel passed information on an alleged Iranian plot to attack U.S. interests in the Gulf to the U.S. before national security adviser John Bolton threatened Iran with "unrelenting force" last night, senior Israeli officials told me.
Why it matters: Bolton's unusual and aggressive statement included news that the U.S. would move an aircraft carrier to the region. The officials said intelligence gathered by Israel, primarily by the Mossad intelligence agency, is understood to be part of the reason for Bolton's announcement.
Behind the scenes: Information about possible Iranian plots against the U.S. or its allies in the Gulf were raised two weeks ago in talks held at the White House between an Israeli delegation headed by national security adviser Meir Ben Shabbat and a U.S. team led by Bolton, the Israeli officials told me.
- The intelligence about a possible Iranian plot is not very specific at this stage, but the officials said it was clear the threat was against a U.S. target in the Gulf or U.S. allies like Saudi Arabia or the UAE. (Axios) Read more.
|A Very Special Day|
For CHPP: A Very Special Day
We at CHPP want to thank ALL OF YOU for making our 25th Anniversary Celebration the occasion of God's GLORY that it was!
Whether you were able to join us on Saturday here in Washington, or simply remained at home in prayer, this day was an amazing tribute to the faithfulness of the army of intercessors that God has quietly been assembling over these many years -- and of your own dedication to the call to pray for our dear nation.
And perhaps more importantly, this day was a tribute to the many other ministries who have all been working, side by side, on Capitol Hill and in our nation's government, to see His Kingdom come on earth.
All in all, this was day when we all experienced a new and a fresh outpouring of His LOVE for all of us!
The photo at the top of this article captures it all:
In it, I am seated beside our dear saint, Ruth Mizell, who has just received our Founder's Award -- because Ruth was there, all alone praying in those Visitor's Galleries in Congress, long before we showed up. She is our pioneer!
You can see our guests holding song sheets in their hands, while everyone sang Ruth's favorite song to her and for her: "The Steadfast Love of the Lord Never Ceases." At that point, Ruth was weeping with joy, and I am quietly comforting her.
You can join us, too, in singing Ruth's song, by going here.
God bless you all!
Sara C. Ballenger, President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith."(Hebrews 10:21-22)
Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1873.
Melody: Phoebe P. Knapp
About the Hymn:
"My friend, Mrs. Joseph F. Knapp, composed a melody and played it over to me two or three times on the piano. She then asked what it said. I replied, "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!"
This hymn was sung in the Academy Award winning movies Places in the Heart (1984) & Trip to Bountiful (1985). Based on the number of hymnals in which it appears (over 850), this song is Fanny's most popular work.
Signs and Wonders
Something Strange and Terrifying is Happening Deep Beneath Africa
In late 2018, geologists and seismologists were baffled by a mysterious seismic eventunlike anything seen before. Some type of massive event literally shook the entire Earth, and scientists still aren't quite sure what it could have been. A team of French researchers published a study of the seismic anomaly this week which offers a few clues about its origins, but the study ultimately poses more questions than it answers. What's happening deep within the Earth?
The epicenter for the 2018 seismic anomaly was just off of the coast of Mayotte, a small archipelago in the Indian Ocean presided over by France. The event consisted of long pulses of extremely low frequency waves far below the threshold of human perception but quite powerful enough to register on seismological instruments. The pulses did not appear to be caused by earthquakes - at least any type of earthquake we know of - yet also did not appear to be man made.
To add to the mystery of the 2018 seismic anomaly, geologists have found that Mayotte is sinking by as much as 9 mm or .35 inches a month as well as drifting eastward at twice that rate. That observation seems to support the new hypothesis that the 2018 event was caused by an underwater volcanic event the likes of which we've never seen. In the new study of the event, researchers write that this event could be "the offshore eruption with the largest volume ever documented."
The event is thought to have been caused over a cubic kilometer of magma 28 km (17 miles) below the ocean surface somehow flowed outward into surrounding sedimentary layers as opposed to flowing upward, hence why nothing was observed on the surface. If that's true, though, it leaves a lot of unanswered questions about the event. In the months since the seismic anomaly, large fish kills have been observed; if all of the magma remained underground, what's killing the fish? What is causing the high frequency pulses which were recorded alongside the low frequency rumbles? And could this activity be related to the island's eastward and downward migration? (Mysterious Universe) Read more.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)