About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, May 13, 2019
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance." (Psalm 33:12)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
How To Subscribe
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at CHPP1994@gmail.com requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
|Focus on Israel|
1. Islamic Jihad: Big Attack on Israel Will Be in the Summer - United With Israel
The Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in Gaza has threated to renew its rocket attacks on Israeli targets if there is no progress in the discussions between Israel and Hamas on a ceasefire, adding that week's attacks were only a prelude to a major war against Israel in the summer.
Khaled al-Batsh, a senior member of the terrorist organization, stated on Saturday that "if Israel does not fulfill its part in the agreement of understandings for a ceasefire, the resistance has the means to compel it to fulfill the agreement."
Israel and Hamas, which rules the Gaza Strip, are in the process on ironing out the details of a long-term ceasefire, which would entail an Israeli ease on the restrictions on Gaza in return for a cessation of the violence emanating for Gaza.
2. Egyptian security officials arrive in Gaza to preserve ceasefire - Jerusalem Post
Egyptian intelligence officials arrived in the Gaza Strip on Thursday to pursue discussions with Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders on ways of preserving the latest ceasefire understandings with Israel.
The visit comes four days after the Gaza-based groups announced another ceasefire with Israel after last week's flare-up of violence. The ceasefire announcement was made following talks between Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders Yahya Sinwar and Ziad al-Nakhalah with Egyptian intelligence officials in Cairo.
Palestinian sources said that last week's ceasefire was reached thanks to mediation efforts by Egypt, Qatar and the United Nations.
According to the sources, the Egyptian security delegation, headed by Ahmed Abdel Khaleq, who is in charge of the "Palestine portfolio" in Egypt's General Intelligence Service, will hold talks in the Gaza Strip with leaders of several Palestinian factions, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
3. Gaza violence exposes deep Israel-Turkey divide -YNET News
The 48-hour military exchange between Israel and Gaza Strip-based armed factions exposed a deep diplomatic divide between the Israeli and Turkish governments, according to analysts.
During the confrontation, Hamas and Islamic Jihad launched some 700 rockets into Israel, which responded by striking about 320 targets in the Palestinian enclave.
Notably, one of the buildings hit house the local office of the Turkish media outlet Anatolia. According to the news agency's correspondent, Israeli forces destroyed the building with at least five missiles.
4. 100 terrorists released in Shalit deal returned to terror - Israel National News
100 terrorists who were released as part of the Shalit deal who returned to terror activities, were tried and returned to serve the rest of the prison sentences imposed on them prior to the prisoner exchange. Another 56 terrorists violated their conditions of release, and 53 of them returned to Israeli prison. As part of the Shalit deal, the sentences of 1027 terrorists were shortened and they were released from prison.
The terrorists were released on condition that they would not resume terrorist activities, specifically that they refrain from committing any offense punishable by three months or more in prison or any act that harms the security of the State of Israel or the security of the region.
5. Germany vows to back Israel at UN, in apparent break from past record - Times Of Israel
Germany on Saturday said it was deeply troubled by anti-Israel bias at the United Nations and vowed to oppose "any unfair treatment" of the Jewish state in international fora.
The statement, issued on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of Israel's accession to the UN, was welcomed by Jerusalem's envoy to Germany, Jeremy Issacharoff, who said he hoped it signals a change in Berlin's voting pattern vis-a-vis the Middle East. Germany's voting record on Middle East issues has been criticized by Israel and its supporters, as the country often joins other European nations in voting against Israel's interest at the UN.
"Seventy years ago today - 24 years before the Federal Republic of Germany's admission to the United Nations - Israel was admitted to the UN as a full member. The Federal Government would like to take this 70th anniversary as an opportunity to reiterate the fact that Germany stands at Israel's side in the UN, too," the English-language statement by Germany's Foreign Office said. (Read more)
- Father God, our Yeshua, we offer You praise for this breakthrough at the United Nations! We ask You to bless the nation of Germany, who now stands as a strong ally of Israel in this international forum. In Your Name, amen!
- "I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Genesis 12:3)
6. WATCH: 'Remove Omar from Foreign Affairs Committee,' urges Pence - World Israel News
U.S. Vice President Mike Pence on Friday renewed his calls to remove Rep. Ilhan Omar from the House Foreign Affairs Committee based on her anti-Semitic and anti-Israel comments while in Congress.
To view this video, please go here.
- Thank You, Father God, that our Vice-President has taken this bold stand, calling for the removal of Rep. Ilhan Omar from the House Foreign Affairs Committee. We ask that the leadership of the House of Representatives would take note and pursue this action, on behalf of our national security. In Your Name, amen.
- " . . . the righteous are as bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1)
7. Bridges for Peace - Israel Prayer Update
Friday, May 10, 2019
To read this week's alert from BFP, please go here.
8. Intercessors for Israel - Friday Prayer Points
To view this week's prayer points from IFI, please go here.
9. Anti-Israel imam leads prayer in US Congress, in past had praised Hamas 'martyrs' - World Israel News
A controversial imam who has been linked to anti-Israel rhetoric gave the opening invocation at the U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday.
Omar Suleiman, founder and president of the Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research in Texas, was invited by Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas).
"We pray for peace, not war," said Suleiman. "Love, not hate. Benevolence, not greed. Unity, not division. And we commit ourselves to not betraying our prayers with actions that contradict them. Let us be for truth, no matter who, or for is against it."
Despite his prayers for peace and unity, Suleiman has not shown such sentiment when it comes to Israel. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask You to forgive this Imam because, according to Your Word, he knows not what he does. We ask that You release your Holy Angels to sweep through the House chamber, cleansing any defilement that remains from this abomination. Help us, O Lord, we pray.
- "Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." (Isaiah 1:18)
10. Rep. Lee Zeldin says Pelosi showed 'bad judgment' allowing anti-Israel imam to deliver House prayer - Fox News
Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., told "Fox & Friends" on Sunday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., had made "a bad call" by allowing a Texas imam with a history of anti-Israel comments to deliver the noon prayer in the House of Representatives last week.
"Either the speaker's office did not vet this imam at all, or worse, they did vet the imam and then decided that it would have been OK for the imam to come onto the floor of the House of Representatives anyway," said Zeldin. "It's a bad call to have this person. It's horrible judgment, and after the 2019 that we've had so far, where members of their own caucus are pushing anti-Semitism and anti-Israel hate, it was a bad judgment."
The imam, Omar Suleiman of Irving, Texas, was introduced by Pelosi before he delivered the prayer from the rostrum on Thursday. He had been invited to speak by Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson, D-Texas. (Read more)
- Hallelujah, Father! We offer You praise that at least one member of the House of Representatives has raised a voice of protest over this action by Speaker Pelosi. Congress must set the standard for the rest of the nation. WE DO NOT CONDONE ANTISEMITISM OR ANY ANTI-ISRAELI ACTION IN OUR LAND. We pray that many other members of Congress, from both sides of the aisle, will follow the lead of Rep. Zeldin. Amen.
- "Hate everything that is evil and hold tight to everything that is good."
|The Daily Brief|
1. Democrats Invited Anti-Israel Imam Omar Suleiman to Give House Invocation - Breitbart
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is facing criticism after Democrats invited anti-Israel Imam Omar Suleiman to deliver the invocation at the opening of the U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday.
Suleiman, who gave the invocation on the occasion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, was invited by Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX). He delivered the invocation as Pelosi looked on, stressing themes of peace and unity.
Despite the ecumenical spirit of Suleiman's prayer, the Jerusalem Post noted that Suleiman is "known for his Israel-bashing antics." Rep. Lee Zeldin tweeted, "Totally unacceptable that @SpeakerPelosi had Omar Suleiman give the opening prayer yesterday in the House. He compares Israel to the Nazis & calls them terrorists, supports Muslim Brotherhood, incites violence calling for a Palestinian Intifada & the end of zionism, etc. Bad call" (Read more)
- Almighty God, we trust that You will send a bolt of lightning into the camp of Pelosi and Omar Suleiman and bring down all the adversity of words and actions that have been spoken against Israel by these two people. Defend Israel, Lord. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Let them be confounded and troubled forever; yea let them be put to shame, and perish. That men may know that You, whose Name alone is JEHOVAH, are the most high over all the earth." (Psalm 83:17-18)
2. Trump says John Kerry should be prosecuted under Logan Act - The Hill
President Trump said Thursday that former Secretary of State John Kerry should be prosecuted under the Logan Act for speaking with Iranian officials and criticizing Trump's policies in Iran.
Trump told reporters at the White House that he would not rule out the possibility of military action in Iran amid escalating tensions before laying into Kerry for his involvement. "What I'd like to see with Iran, I'd like to see them call me," Trump said. "John Kerry speaks to them a lot, and John Kerry tells them not to call. That's a violation of the Logan Act, and frankly he should be prosecuted on that."
The Logan Act bans private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments without permission from the U.S. Violating the obscure law is a felony, but only two people have ever been charged with doing so and nobody has ever been convicted. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we pray that any American who disobeys the laws set in place by our government, be held accountable for their disobedience. We ask that Senator John Kerry be prosecuted under the Logan Act and brought to stand trial for his actions. We pray in the Name of Jesus, amen.
- "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience." (Ephesians 5:6)
3. Pence calls for Ilhan Omar to be removed from House Foreign Affairs Committee - Washington Examiner
Vice President Mike Pence on Friday renewed his call for Democratic leadership to strip freshman lawmaker Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., of her seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
"Ilhan Omar has made statements . . . anti-semItic comments. Statements against our most cherished ally: Israel that ought to be rejected by every American," Pence said during an interview with "Fox and Friends." More recently, Omar blamed U.S. policy toward Venezuela for the ongoing humanitarian crisis in that country.
Speaking at an event in Minnesota this week, Pence alluded to Omar's comments costing her the seat she holds in Congress. "The people of Minnesota will decide whether or not she remains in Congress," Pence said. "Congresswoman Omar has no place on the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Democratic leadership ought to remove her." (Read more)
- Almighty God, we cry out to You to remove Ilhan Omar from House Foreign Affairs Committee. The major truth is that she is unAmerican, is controlled by the actions of the Democrats that are against President Trump, is anti-Semitic which causes a breach of loyalty to our most powerful ally, Israel, and is a Moslem, whose aim is to ensnare God-honoring Americans to serve their cause. Moslems are using our own system of justice against us. God, remove her from holding any public office. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "For the spiritual fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." (Ephesians 5:9-11)
4. Mark Meadows: FBI 'Well Aware the Dossier Was a Lie' Before Moving to Spy on Trump Campaign - Breitbart
A newly-uncovered document suggests that the Obama Department of Justice (DOJ), including the FBI, was "well aware" that foreign agent Christopher Steele was trying to interfere in the 2016 presidential election with disinformation - and yet still used his materials to spy on American citizens and the Trump campaign, according to Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC).
"[O]fficials at the FBI and (Department of Justice) DOJ were well aware the dossier was a lie - from very early on in the process all the way to when they made the conscious decision to include it in a FISA application," Meadows said Tuesday in a statement to The Hill's John Solomon. "The fact that Christopher Steele and his partisan research document were treated in any way seriously by our Intelligence Community leaders amounts to malpractice."
Meadows' statement came in response to a federal document recently unveiled by a Citizens United lawsuit - an email from Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Kathleen Kavalec, who met with Steele in October 2016 and recounted his desire to spread the lurid allegations of his since-debunked dossier on then-candidate Donald Trump. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we ask that You will cut off every line and channel that allows any stronghold of bitterness exhibited by the Clintons, or the prior administration to come into the news. That is all a dead, and defeated issue. Close the mouths of the lions. In the mighty Name of Jesus.
- "Whoso causes the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession." (Proverbs 28:10)
5. FBI Used Suitcase Stuffed With Cash During Papadopoulos Sting - ZeroHedge
Washington power couple Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing appeared on Sebastian Gorka's Salem Radio talk show "America First" Thursday, to talk about what they called a blatant FBI sting operation against former Trump adviser George Papadopoulos.
Papadopoulos was vacationing with his then-fiance, Simona Mangiante, in Greece when he was approached by someone who talked the then-29-year-old into traveling to Israel to make a deal, and invited him to his hotel room. "And there on the bed, is $10,000 in cash in a suitcase." Papadopoulos took the money and gave it to his lawyer, who has it still.
Toensing said when Papadopoulos returned to the United States, he was greeted by FBI agents at Dulles Airport and they started searching through everything that he had "the second he landed." DiGenova explained that the Feds already knew that he hadn't declared that he had $10,000 and were expecting to find the undeclared cash so they could arrest him. Worst of all, according to Toensing, "one of the FBI agents said to him, 'this is what happens when you work for Donald Trump.'" (Read more)
- Almighty God, it is noteworthy that the FBI is being controlled by the shadow government in the United States and that they are not free to fulfill their moral duty to America. This incident is blatant proof of this fact. We trust God to reestablish the former foundation upon which the FBI was established. Protect President Trump and Mr. Papadopoulos. In the Name of Jesus.
- "Where no wood is, there the fire goes out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceases." (Proverbs 26:2)
6. Trump legal team asks federal court to block House Oversight subpoenas for financial docs, audits - Fox News
President Trump's legal team on Thursday requested that a federal court block the House Oversight Committee's demands for his financial statements, calling their requests unconstitutional.
The president's legal team, in a 24-page filing, asked the United States District Court for the District of Columbia to prohibit Trump accounting firm Mazars USA from "enforcing or complying" with a subpoena issued by the committee last month.
The filing said the committee's subpoena to Mazars "lacks a legitimate legislative purpose," and is an "unconstitutional attempt to exercise 'the powers of law enforcement.'" The filing comes after Cummings' committee issued several subpoenas for Mazars Accounting in an effort to obtain financial documents and audits prepared for Trump and his businesses over the last decade. Cummings also said he would issue a subpoena for independent auditor's reports, annual statements and other documents related to Trump's finances spanning from 2011 to 2018. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we pray for You to block the House Oversight Committee's demands for President Trump's financial statements. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Let them be confounded and troubled forever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish." (Psalm 83:17)
7. McGahn, Mnuchin, Mueller: House Democrats target more administration members for contempt - Washington Examiner
Instead of taking up a newly passed Judiciary Committee resolution holding Attorney General William Barr in contempt, Democratic leaders signaled they'll hold off on a vote to give other administration officials time to comply with subpoenas House lawmakers issued as part of a sweeping investigation into Trump's business dealings and political activities.
"There may be some other contempt of Congress issues that we want to deal with at the same time," Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Thursday when asked about the timing of a House vote on the Barr contempt citation. The contempt list could grow to include Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and even special counsel Robert Mueller, whom Democrats had widely praised for his handling of a probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election. Democrats are also after Don McGahn, Trump's former White House counsel, who has refused a subpoena to testify before the judiciary panel. (Read more)
- Almighty God, we pray that You will send holy angels to fight against the Democratic leaders and all their cohorts who are attempting to bring false charges against President Trump and those in his administration. Bring down the wicked works of the Democratic Party. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications, in the day of my trouble I will call upon You; for You will answer me." (Psalm 86:6-7)
8. Shanahan's nomination comes as the Pentagon chief 'spins a lot of plates' - Washington Examiner
Patrick Shanahan learned yesterday afternoon during a visit to the White House that after serving more than four months as acting defense secretary, he'll be nominated by President Trump to keep the job.
The official announcement came in a tweet from White House press secretary Sarah Sanders, who said that over the last several months Shanahan has proven "he is beyond qualified" to lead the Department of Defense. The long-expected nomination comes two weeks after an investigation by the Pentagon's inspector general cleared Shanahan of allegations that he attempted to exert undue influence on behalf of his former employer Boeing. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we pray for Patrick Shanahan to be a tremendous strength in the Department of Defense for President Trump. Send a powerful host from heaven to overshadow all the Trump administration. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Yea, the Lord shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase."(Psalm 85:11-12)
9. Pentagon approves plan to shift $1.5B for wall along US-Mexico border - Fox News
The Pentagon has approved a plan to spend an additional $1.5 billion to build 80 more miles of wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, a U.S. defense official confirmed to Fox News Friday.
Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan approved the re-allocation of funds, which were originally earmarked for support of Afghan security forces and other projects, to help pay for the wall along the southern border. "The funds were drawn from a variety of sources, including cost savings, programmatic changes, and revised requirements, and therefore will have minimal impact on force readiness," he said. In March, Shanahan approved the first transfer of Defense Department dollars and redirected $1 billion to help build nearly 60 miles of wall in Yuma, Ariz. and El Paso, Texas. The combined total of $2.5 billion is in response to President Trump's declaration of a national emergency at the border. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we thank You for the provision to build this much-needed wall along the United States/Mexico border. Let it be with precision and total protection from the angels in heaven from start to finish of the building of this wall. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things; they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God." (Nehemiah 6:16)
10. Pro-Life Rally Garners Over 1,000 Participants In Response To Rep. Brian Sims - Daily Wire
After Democrat State Rep. Brian Sims live-streamed himself harassing an elderly pro-life sidewalk counselor and teenage girls praying outside a Philadelphia-based Planned Parenthood abortion clinic over the weekend, popular pro-life advocates banded together to spread the word about a response rally outside the same clinic Friday. They probably weren't expecting over 1,000 people to show up for the last-minute rally. But that's exactly what happened.
One of the highlights of the day was from "Unplanned" author Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood executive turned pro-life advocate. Speaking to the energetic crowd, Johnson emphasized that both the mother and the child must always be treated with dignity. "It is time to refuse to 'choose.' We will not choose between one or the other. We will respect both women and their children, and their femininity, and their reproduction, and their fertility. And we will continue to do it until clinics like this no longer exist, and every women who walks into a physician's office is actually treated with love and respect and care," she told the audience, mostly comprised of women. (Read more)
- Lord God, be with all these people who stand committed to the belief that the mother and the child are the primary concern for the good outcome of a happy life for them in the future. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "Out of the mouth of babes and suckling have you ordained strength because of their enemies, that You might still the enemy and the avenger." (Psalm 8:2)
|The Daily Jot|
Friday, May 10, 2019
Way of the Word, or way of the world?
The Daily Jot began over 17 years ago with a simple mission: to use current events to equip and encourage people to evangelize the word of God. You may not always agree with what the Daily Jot has to say, but there may always be something in it to talk to others about or to take action. Some just get angry or don't want to think about the way events are shaping up prophetically or the way they are having an impact on society. We, as Christians, cannot afford to ignore the world around us. The issues will not go away if we look the other way. In fact, when Christians are not engaged with their family, their community, their state, their country, everything goes the way of the world, not the way of the Word.
Jesus said in Matthew 28:19-20, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." He said in Mark 16:15, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Romans 10:13-15 says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent?"
If you receive The Daily Jot, you are hearing and you are being sent. You are called to action. You have current events to use to share the Word of God. As written in 1 Peter 2:9, "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." James 1:25 says, "But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." As Jesus said in Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
It's not always easy. Many people find sharing the word uncomfortable in this day and age. But we are not charged to be comfortable, but to take up our cross and follow the Lord. That means it's not chocolate and roses, or rolexes or checks in the mail or nice cars or whatever material things modern preachers are preaching about. It's not really about you or me. It's about Jesus and him being preached. 2 Corinthians 8-13 says, "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsake; cast down, but not destroyed. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak." So let us speak boldly as we ought to speak for if you are reading this you are equipped and encouraged to do so.
Have a blessed and powerful day,
The Daily Jot Staff
|20 years from now . . .|
20 years from now . . .I will be in heaven.
This was written by a woman born in Egypt as a Muslim. Her name is Nonie Darwish. Make sure you read the paragraph ( in red ) toward the end.
To read this article, go here.
|Our Weekly Bible Study|
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, May 12 - Saturday, May 18, 2019
Torah portion reading for the week of May 13
Emor ~ Say
1 Peter 2:4-10
Hebraic Heritage Ministries
|More Daily Features|
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
IN THE GARDEN
"Thinking He was the gardener, she said, 'Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have put Him, and I will get Him.'" (John 20:15)
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.
I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.
Please go here.
(Sung by Alan Jackson)
About the Author:
Words and Music: C. Austin Miles, March 1912
About the Hymn:
This hymn was sung in the movie Places in the Heart, which won two Academy Awards in 1984.
I read . . . the story of the greatest morn in history:
"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, while it was yet very dark, unto the sepulcher." Instantly, completely, there unfolded in my mind the scenes of the garden of Joseph . . . Out of the mists of the garden comes a form, halting, hesitating, tearful, seeking, turning from side to side in bewildering amazement.
Falteringly, bearing grief in every accent, with tear- dimmed eyes, she whispers, "If thou hast borne him hence" . . . " He speaks, and the sound of His voice is so sweet the birds hush their singing." Jesus said to her, "Mary!" Just one word from his lips, and forgotten the heartaches, the long dreary hours . . . all the past blotted out in the presence of the Living Present and the Eternal Future."
Signs and Wonders
Flooding emergency in Texas
Torrential rain causes flash flooding and water rescues in Houston.
Trailing thunderstorms brought torrential rain to parts of southeast Texas and southern Louisiana overnight. Rainfall rates of 2 to 3 inches caused major flash flooding in parts of the region, especially metro Houston.
Rainfall totals in this region are estimated to be up to 6 inches, though official totals are not in yet. The very heavy rain caused numerous water rescues in Houston on Thursday night and stranded cars on area roadways. (ABC News) View more.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
Alveda King: A Mother's Day Testimony
I've always thought that my mother is the most beautiful woman in the world. When I was little, I wanted to be just like her. However, God saw fit for me to be born looking like my Daddy; a gift I've learned to appreciate.
In 1950, even though my parents were engaged, they weren't married. Yet they decided to "do things that grown folks do," so I showed up on their first date they had without a chaperone.
Mama was a freshman at Spelman College, and she wanted to wait to get married. Back then, pregnant women didn't go to college, married or not. So, Mama got a flyer at school about new "birth control" methods and a procedure called a D&C which were alternatives to unwanted and unplanned pregnancies from the Birth Control League which was changing its name to Planned Parenthood.
Mama's mother got wind of Mama's plans and insisted that they get counseling from their pastor, Rev. Martin Luther King, Sr. Granddaddy said: "Neenie, that's not a lump of flesh. That's my granddaughter. I saw her in a dream three years ago. She has bright skin and bright red hair and she is going to bless many people. There will be no abortion. We're going to have this baby."
Daddy and Mama got married, and I was born January 22, 1951; the first of their five children. The story of my rescue from abortion was a secret for many years. As a result, I misinterpreted family whispers and family secrets, and sometimes felt rejected and became insecure and rebellious at times. Along the way, I slipped off the golden path and had two abortions, a miscarriage and three divorces. God is gracious. I repented and am the mother of six living children; and eleven grandchildren so far.
About ten years ago Mother told me the whole story. We cried and repented and rejoiced together. Today, she calls me her "Angel Daughter," and I call her the Butterfly Queen because of her love for butterflies. Her favorite memory about butterflies is our trip to Callaway Gardens where a magnificent Monarch Butterfly landed on her outstretched finger.
Mama also has granddaughters and great granddaughters. We spend many fun hours together; cooking, entertaining, shopping, worshipping and praying and just loving each other. I have learned the value of healthy family relationships; how to pray for them and receive them during my years here at BBCC. I thank God that our family relationships are whole and healthy. Amen. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
You Are My Hiding Place
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at CHPP1994@gmail.com requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
|We Welcome Your Gifts|
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)