This Friday, Jan. 19th, thousands of citizens
will MARCH FOR LIFE in Washington, D.C.
For details on this event, published by
Intercessors for America, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
"Justice, and only justice, you shall pursue, that you may live and possess the land which the Lord your God is giving you." (Deuteronomy 16:20)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Honoring Dr.Martin Luther King, Jr.
Honoring Dr.Martin Luther King, Jr.
Note: all articles below were posted on the Monday edition of Breaking Christian News. We thank them for their research, and share their headlines and links, below, about the life and the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King.
1. What Martin Luther King Jr. Realized about the Constitution That Most Americans Don't - Charisma News
To read this article, please go here.
2. Dr. Alveda King Counters Trump 'Racism' Claims, Slams Facebook for Blocking Pro-Life Message - Breitbart
To read this article, please go here.
3. The Tragedy, and the Perseverance of the King Family; What You Might Not Know about MLK's Family History - CBN
To read this article, please go here.
4. Honoring Dr. King's Legacy through Serving Others; President Trump, Secretary Carson and MLK's Nephew Remark on Martin Luther King Jr. during Proclamation of Federal Holiday - Whitehouse.gov
To read this article, please go here.
Focus on Israel
1. Israel says it destroyed 'attack tunnel' that went from Gaza into Israel and Egypt - LA Times
It was an unusual and terse announcement: "In accordance with current assessments," the Israel army said on Saturday, the Kerem Shalom Crossing would be closed the next day. There was no further explanation. Kerem Shalom is one of the Gaza Strip's few lifelines to the outer world and the principal entry point for humanitarian aid.
The mystery was resolved at 7 a.m. Sunday, when Israel announced that its air force had destroyed a tunnel running from the Gaza Strip south into Egypt and north into Israel under the delicate triple-border area of Rafah. (Read more)
2. Peace efforts can only resume under international mediation: Abbas - Reuters
RAMALLAH, West Bank (Reuters) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Sunday he would only accept a broad, internationally-backed panel to broker any peace talks with Israel, but did not rule out a U.S. role in such a panel.
The Palestinians are seething at U.S. President Donald Trump's recognition last month of Jerusalem as Israel's capital and Abbas told a meeting of senior Palestinian officials in a speech that the move had disqualified the United States as a peacemaker.
Israel says it would welcome the United States as a mediator but a U.S. bid to revive negotiations, led by Trump's adviser and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has so far shown no progress. Talks have been frozen since 2014. (Read more)
3. Abbas confirms Palestinians being offered Abu Dis as capital of future state - Jerusalem Post
The Palestinians are being offered Abu Dis as the capital of a future Palestinian state, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said on Sunday.
Abu Dis is a Palestinian town on the outskirts of Jerusalem, where Al-Quds University, one of the largest Palestinian universities, is located.
Abbas's comments came during a speech he delivered to a meeting of the Palestinian Central Council, the Palestine Liberation Organization's second-highest decision-making body.
"What would you want if Jerusalem were to be lost? Would you want to make a state with Abu Dis as its capital?" Abbas stated rhetorically. "That's what they are offering us now. Abu Dis." (Read more)
4. Abbas Curses Trump: "May Your House be Destroyed" - United with Israel
Palestinian Authority (PA) leader Mahmoud Abbas called on the Palestinian Central Council (PCC) during a meeting in Ramallah on Sunday to revise the peace agreements signed between the Palestinians and Israel, while viciously lashing out at the US and President Donald Trump in an unprecedented way.
The PCC opened a two-day meeting called to discuss the ramifications of the US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital and to discuss Palestinian strategy after that.
Abbas railed at Trump in a fiery, two-hour-long speech, saying "shame on you" for his stance towards the Palestinians and warning that he would have no problem rejecting what Trump suggested as a peace plan, a plan Abbas said would be unacceptable. (Read more)
- Father, we thank you for the courage of our President , and pray that Abbas will be silenced. We reverse every curse uttered by every hateful person who doesn't like what he has been doing.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you."
5. Bitter Abbas to Trump: We reject your peace 'deal of the century' - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Sunday said a peace plan being worked on by US President Donald Trump insulted the Palestinians, calling it a slap in the face, and said the Palestinians would not accept any part of it.
"We told Trump we will not accept his project, the 'deal of the century,' which has become the 'slap of the century,'" said Abbas, expressing Palestinian anger over the US decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. "But we will slap back."
"We do not take instructions from anyone, and say 'no' to anyone if it is about our destiny, our cause, our country and our people . . . 1,000 times no,'" he said, opening a meeting of the Palestine Liberation Organization's Central Council in Ramallah. (Read more)
6. Trump has 'failed to undermine' nuke deal, Rouhani boasts - Times of Israel
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani boasted Sunday that recent efforts by US President Donald Trump have "failed to undermine" the 2015 nuclear deal.
Speaking live on state television, Rouhani said that "the American administration has failed to undermine the nuclear deal" and that "Trump, despite his repeated efforts, has failed to undermine the accord," Reuters reported. (Read more)
7. Netanyahu: World powers seeking to keep Iran nuclear deal alive should fix it - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday said that fixing the Iranian nuclear deal signed with the world powers in 2015 would increase the chances of it remaining in place, amid threats by US President Donald Trump to withdraw from the accord.
Speaking by phone with French President Emmanuel Macron, the Israeli prime minister said that "Trump's remarks should be taken seriously, and whoever wants to keep the nuclear deal would be wise to fix it," a statement from Netanyahu's office read.
The call came a day after Trump demanded that European partners work with Washington to "fix the deal's disastrous flaws, or the United States will withdraw." (Read more)
8. US Attorney General Sessions sets up Hezbollah investigation team - Jerusalem Post
WASHINGTON - The US Justice Department has set up a team to investigate individuals and organizations providing support to Hezbollah, the Iran-backed Islamist group in Lebanon that the US has branded a terrorist organization, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Thursday.
Republicans have criticized former President Barack Obama following a December Politico report that the Obama administration hindered a Drug Enforcement Administration program targeting Hezbollah's trafficking operations during its negotiation of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal.
Sessions said the Justice Department will assemble leading investigators and prosecutors for the Hezbollah Financing and Narcoterrorism Team to ensure all investigations under the DEA program, called Project Cassandra, will be completed.
"The Justice Department will leave no stone unturned in order to eliminate threats to our citizens from terrorist organizations and to stem the tide of the devastating drug crisis," Sessions said. (Read more)
9. PM heralds 'dawn of a new day' in Israel-India relations - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu arrived in New Delhi on Sunday for his first visit to India, with the aim of expanding defense, trade and energy ties.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Netanyahu at Palam Airport in New Delhi. Netanyahu's office put out an announcement saying that Modi's greeting was a "surprise welcome" because a cabinet minister had been scheduled to attend instead.
During the six-day stay, the two countries are expected to sign collaboration agreements in the fields of cybersecurity, energy, space, and film production, India's External Affairs Ministry said. They are also expected to review progress on deals in the fields of technology, water and agriculture that were signed during Modi's historic visit to Israel last year, the first by an Indian prime minister to Israel. (Read more)
10. Thousands attend Tel Aviv anti-corruption protest against Netanyahu - Times of Israel
Thousands of people took part on Saturday evening in an anti-corruption rally in Tel Aviv for the seventh week in a row, with demonstrators calling for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to resign over graft allegations.
During Saturday's protest, minor scuffles broke out between demonstrators and right-wing counter protesters, dozens of whom attended the rally, according to Hebrew media reports. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that all false accusations being spoken against Prime Minister Netanyahu be exposed, as evidence comes forth revealing the truth. We ask for the vindication of the leader of Israel, in Your Name, Abba, amen.
- "For the LORD will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants." (Psalm 135:14)
11. Christians bringing Bible study to the Knesset - Jerusalem Post
. . . The Knesset is already built on a solid biblical foundation, yet the Schindler Society is adding an important element that has not - and could not have - existed until this day. Emerging from the pro-Israel Christian community, this week's Bible study is the fulfillment of one of the most beautiful descriptions of Jerusalem.
The Hebrew prophet Isaiah wrote that one day the Jewish people would return to their homeland and to their eternal capital.
When that day finally arrives, "all the nations shall gaze on it with joy. And the many peoples shall go and say: 'Come, Let us go up to the Mount of Hashem, To the House of the God of Yaakov; that He may instruct us in His ways, and that we may walk in His paths.' For instruction shall come forth from Zion, the word of Hashem from Jerusalem" (Isaiah 2: 2,3). (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You for this new development among members of the Knesset. We ask that Your grace would visit these students of Your Word, bringing them greater peace, insight and guidance, in Your name, amen.
- "The law of the Lord is [d]perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true; they are righteous altogether." (Psalm 19:7,8,9)
12. The Bible is 'coming to life,' prominent Christian author says - Jerusalem Post
In his latest book, author Bill Koenig offers a new outlook for Christians: The Bible is coming to life and no one is noticing. "We are living in the most significant and important time in Bible-prophecy history - with the least amount of interest in the Church," Koenig said. "There are so many distractions today, people are being pulled in so many directions, there is an information overload, and it amazes me that there is so little interest."
. . . Koenig told the founder of Olive Tree Ministries over the weekend that still only a small percentage of church-goers understand the biblical significance behind the events that the Trump administration has ushered in, such as recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and possibly approaching the peace deal as described in Daniel 9:27.
"The fact that Jerusalem is God's time-clock, the nations that we know to watch, the leaders that we know to watch. We are so blessed that we fully understand it," said Koenig, the author of "Eye to Eye - Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel" and "Revealed - Obama's Legacy. The Bible is playing out right before our eyes. The Jewish prophets of the [Bible] spoke of these days. And we are honored and privileged and blessed to be living in this day." (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Sarah Sanders Provides Proof Trump Was Misquoted By The Wall Street Journal - legalinsurrection
In this time of rampant Trump Derangement Syndrome saturating formerly credible news outlets, it's become the norm to expect the media to lie intentionally about President Trump. While it does not appear that the Wall Street Journal was lying intentionally, it has become clear that they (willfully?) misheard a quote from the president and then ran with its implications in a full article. In "Donald Trump Signals Openness to North Korea Diplomacy in Interview: President cites a positive relationship with nation's leader; also accuses Steve Bannon of betrayal," the WSJ reports:
President Donald Trump said he believes he has developed a positive relationship with North Korea's leader despite their mutual public insults, suggesting he is open to diplomacy after months of escalating tensions over Pyongyang's nuclear-weapons program. "I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un, " Mr. Trump said in an interview Thursday with The Wall Street Journal. "I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised." Asked if he has spoken with Mr. Kim, Mr. Trump said: "I don't want to comment on it. I'm not saying I have or haven't. I just don't want to comment."
This is a complete misrepresentation of what the president said. Trump did not boast that "he believes he has developed a positive relationship with North Korea's leader despite their mutual public insults." The implication here is that Trump's "belief" in this positive relationship defies public evidence to the contrary ("mutual public insults"). In short, according to this reading, the president is lying at best and living in a fantasy world at worst. (Read more)
- Father, the news media appears to continue to lie, and twist facts about the President. Thank You for Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who stands up for the truth. We ask that no matter how bad it gets, Your anointing and favor will rest upon this administration, and that no weapon against them will prosper.
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment You will condemn." (Isaiah 54:17)
2. Two GOP Senators Claim Trump Didn't Use Vulgarity, Say Durbin 'Misrepresented' Remarks - NBC News
Two Republican senators who attended a meeting on immigration with President Donald Trump claimed Sunday that he did not use the phrase "s--thole countries" in reference to Haiti and African nations, and one accused Sen. Dick Durbin, a Democrat from Illinois, of misrepresenting the president's comments.
Sen. David Perdue, of Georgia, said in an appearance on ABC's "This Week" that Durbin's account of Thursday's meeting at the White House was a "total misrepresentation" of what happened. Perdue, one of six lawmakers present at the meeting, insisted on Sunday that Trump "did not use that word."
Sen. Tom Cotton, of Arkansas, was also at the meeting and echoed Perdue's denial on CBS' "Face The Nation" Sunday. "I didn't hear that word either," Cotton said, adding, "I certainly didn't hear what Senator Durbin has said repeatedly." (Read more)
- Lord, we pray that truth will be revealed. We take authority over the spirit of the accuser and command him to be silent by the Power of Jesus' Mighty Name. We also bind up the President's heart into Yours and ask that You help him seek Your Face in all that he does and says.
- "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)
3. Rand Paul Reveals What Trump Did For Haiti As A Private Citizen, Delivers Blow To 'Racist' Narrative - Daily Wire
On Sunday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) delivered a major blow to the media's narrative that President Donald Trump's supposed "s***hole" remark about Haiti proves that he is "racist." Paul appeared on NBC's "Meet the Press" with host Chuck Todd where he revealed that Donald Trump, as a private citizen, was a major financial backer of medical mission trips to Haiti which resulted in life-changing surgeries for hundreds of Haitians.
Speaking about Trump's alleged "s***hole" comment, Paul said, "You know, I don't think the comments were constructive at all, but I also think that to be fair we shouldn't draw conclusions that he didn't intend. I know personally about his feelings towards Haiti and toward Central America because when I was not a candidate for president and he wasn't a candidate for president I went down there on a medical mission trip," Paul continued. "I did about 200 cataract surgeries with a group of surgeons in Haiti and the same in Central America, and when we asked Donald J. Trump as a private citizen to support those trips, he was a large financial backer of both medical mission trips." (Read more)
- Lord, the President is not a racist, and we pray that the truth be revealed more and more. We ask that You begin to cause his enemies to be ashamed, and dismiss their lies.
- "Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly." (Psalm 6:10)
4. Judge's DACA ruling seen by some legal scholars as problematic, report says - Fox News
The judge who barred the Trump administration from turning back the Obama-era DACA program last week has some legal scholars concerned that the ruling could damage the notion of an impartial bench. The New York Times reported Sunday that Judge William Alsup, the federal judge from the Northern District of California, used a local case before issuing the nationwide stop.
"How can a single judge decide a question for the whole country?" Samuel Bray, a law professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, asked the paper. Bray wrote a recent article where he spoke out against federal judges issuing nationwide injunctions, the paper reported. (Read more)
- Lord, we rejoice that someone has noticed the partisanship of many judges in America. The purpose of the judicial branch is being pulled apart by activists who hate Mr. Trump. We bind up their actions and the spirit that runs them, and loose Your Holy Spirit and the Blood of Jesus Christ against all agendas that seek to destroy our nation.
- " . . . whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven." (Matthew 16:19)
5. Feds Raid California 'Maternity Hotels' for Birth Tourists - NBC News
Southern California apartment complexes that doubled as "maternity hotels" for Chinese women who want made-in-America babies were raided early Tuesday, capping an unprecedented federal sting operation, officials said. NBC News was on the scene as Homeland Security agents swept into The Carlyle, a luxury property in Irvine, California, which housed pregnant women and new moms who allegedly forked over $40,000 to $80,000 to give birth in the United States.
"I am doing this for the education of the next generation," one of the women told NBC News. None of the women were arrested; they are being treated as material witnesses, and paramedics were on hand in case any of them went into labor during the sweep. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that legislators stop the "anchor baby" situation. It is not likely that China is the only one who does this. Father we have compassion on the families, but at the same time we understand that this problem is not sustainable either in broke California or across the country.
- "Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding." (Proverbs 3:13)
6. Lewandowski to testify over alleged Russia election meddling - NY Post
President Trump's former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski revealed on Sunday that he is expected to appear this week before a House panel probing Russian involvement in the 2016 election. Lewandowski said his appearance before the House Intelligence Committee either on Wednesday or Thursday is voluntary and will take place behind closed doors. He said that he has nothing to hide. (Read more)
- Lord we ask that only Your truth fill the mouths of the men who will testify this week. We pray that no personal agendas or grudges would be allowed.
- "Your righteousness is is an everlasting righteousness, and Your law is truth." (Psalm 119:142)
7. Grand jury indicts Maryland executive in Uranium One deal: report - The Hill
A grand jury reportedly brought charges in the Uranium One investigation against a man who investigators say tried to bribe a Russian official at the country's state-run nuclear energy corporation. Mark Lambert, former head of a Maryland-based transportation company, was indicted last Thursday on 11 counts of money laundering and wire fraud, according to the New York Post.
The Uranium One investigation centers on the Obama administration's clearing of a business deal that allowed a Russian nuclear firm to buy a Canadian uranium mining company with assets in the U.S. In the indictment, prosecutors accuse Lambert of hiding the payments to the Russian official by using code words such as "lucky figures," "lucky numbers" and "cake." The official Lambert was accused of bribing works at a subsidiary of Russia's State Atomic Energy Corp. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that You enable the investigation into the Uranium One scandal to reach to those we believe were involved one an even deeper scale. Let the greedy be removed.
- "Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." (Luke 12:15)
8. Hawaii installs new safeguard after false missile alert- NY POST
Embarrassed Hawaiian officials have already installed a new safeguards to prevent another debacle like on Saturday, when residents received a terrifying emergency text saying a missile strike was imminent.
Gov. David Ige has said that an employee with the state's emergency management office "pushed the wrong button," issuing the dire-sounding missive when he was supposed to simply test the warning system. But panic-stricken islanders had to wait 38 minutes for a second alert giving them the all-clear - because an existing "cancel" button only stops "further issuances of the false alarm,'' the state's emergency-management chief, Vern Miyagi, told MSNBC on Sunday. (Read more)
- Father, we thank you that no missile attack came against Hawaii. We ask that You help the state revamp all protocols for these kinds of situations, and that one person alone will not be able to cause mass panic unnecessarily. We also pray for a mighty move of Your Spirit across the Hawaiian islands, that fear would be removed far from them.
- "For the Lord has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
9. Metro train with 60 passengers derails near Farragut North, officials say - ABC News
A Metro train has derailed while carrying 60 passengers outside the Farragut North station Monday morning, according to authorities. Metro says that the Red Line train left the tracks at around 6:40 a.m. and that none of the 63 total people, including Metro employees, on board were injured. Around 8 a.m. Metro reported that all passengers had been safely offloaded at Metro Center.
Red Line service is suspended from Dupont Circle to Judiciary Square because of the derailment. Red Line is running between Shady Grove and Dupont and from Glenmont to Judiciary Square. The D.C. Fire Department says they are responding to the scene between the Farragut North and the Metro Center stops. They say there is no fire involved with the derailment. Metro says it was a 7000 series train with multiple railcars that went off the tracks at the oldest section of the system. (Read more)
- Lord we thank You that this incident did not cause any deaths or injuries. We ask that it be repaired quickly and seamlessly.
- "The crooked places shall be made straight." (Isaiah 40:4c)
10. Visiting North Korea? Draft a will and make funeral plans, State Department says - Fox News
Americans can travel to North Korea, if they wish -- but it may just be a death wish, the U.S. State Department cautioned.
The State Department last week issued a stark warning to people setting out for the Hermit Kingdom, cautioning that anyone heading to the dangerous dictatorship should prepare for the possibility of not returning. "The U.S. government is unable to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in North Korea as it does not have diplomatic or consular relations with North Korea," the State Department published Wednesday on its website.
Those who wish to travel to North Korea must be approved for a special validation, which are handed out on "very limited circumstances." U.S. travelers given the approval to experience Kim Jong Un's regime should then prepare for the worst - including drafting a will and making funeral and property arrangements with family and friends. (Read more)
- Father, this is a common sense statement. We ask that people- particularly students- who end up on tourism to North Korea be granted Your wisdom. For if they do not go in Your Perfect Will, they step into extreme danger.
- " . . .that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2b)
The Daily Jot
Monday, January 15, 2018
Did he or didn't he?
The airwaves, cyberspace and print media have been ablaze with repetitions of stories about President Donald Trump calling certain nations a derogatory name and implying that he is racist. The President has denied both making the remark and that he is a racist. Notwithstanding, the cattle are out of the barn on this story and they are stampeding as each person who has an account of what happened in the immigration meeting with lawmakers starts another string of stories discussing the President's "racism." The firestorm emanated from known leftist liar Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) who claimed the President made the remarks. Since then, the media does what it does best-repeat, but not confirm.
The New York Times reports that Durbin, of course, stands behind his statement, but stated that Senator David Perdue (R-GA) said Durbin made a "gross misrepresentation" of what the President said. Perdue and Senator Tom Cotton (R-AK) at first said they didn't "recall the President saying these remarks specifically" but Sunday disputed Durbin's account outright. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who was also at the meeting, said accounts of Trump's language was "basically accurate." Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) claims that people who were in the meeting told him that the President used inflammatory language. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, said she did not recall the President "saying that exact phrase."
Here we have the President denying his words. Two Senators who support the President saying they did not "recall" hearing him make the remarks, then changing their story to refute Durbin's "misrepresentation." You have two Republican Senators who generally oppose the President-Graham and Flake-saying that Durbin's account was basically accurate. And the Homeland Security Secretary, who is appointed by the President, not recalling the President saying that exact phrase. The only one emphatically denying the comments is the President. What he said and what was heard are in question. That question has grown into a full-blown episode where the narrative has been shaped to spell r-a-c-i-s-t.
In today's environment, being accused of racism and anything of a sexual nature are extreme hot buttons where no burden of proof is needed for the presumption of guilt. The media and every special interest group who oppose the President fan the flames of this fiery perception. It makes all who support the President subject to being painted with the same brush. It limits the President's ability to advance his agenda. This debate is far beyond what the President actually said. It's now about labeling him and his followers. This is why the President should be encouraged to choose his words as advised by Proverbs 10:19, "He that refrains his lips is wise."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Signs and Wonders
Philippines raises volcano alert level after lava flow
The Philippines raised the alert level at its rumbling Mayon volcano to "level 3" on Sunday after detecting lava flow and indications of activity that could lead to eruptions of magma.
More than 900 families have been evacuated from villages near Mayon, a tourist attraction because of its near-perfect cone shape, following a "steam-driven eruption" on Saturday.
Authorities advised people to cover their noses and mouths with a damp, clean cloth or dust mask if they were exposed to ash from the eruptions, and said aircraft must avoid flying close to the volcano's summit. (Reuters) Read more
- "The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the Lord." (Psalm 97:5a)
Good News Corner
Good News Corner:
WATCH: Police Salute as 5-Year-Old Boy Shot at Texas Church Leaves Hospital in Firetruck
"He was shot 5 times once in the elbow, twice in the stomach, and twice in the leg. He is 5 years old with a big heart for his other siblings, friends, and family." -Heather Bradley, relative
In what turned out to be quite the emotional scene, police, first responders and citizens alike all crowded the streets to give a warm welcome home to 5-year-old Ryland Ward from the hospital. He was one of the few survivors of the awful Texas church shooting in Sutherland Springs, in which the boy lost his stepmother and two sisters.
Police lined the streets with their motorcycles as they awaited Ryan's arrival, and once he finally made his way by citizens cheered and waved, while the officers stood in full salute. It was quite the powerful scene, and the cameras eventually pan away as the firetruck leaves the crowd behind and heads off in the distance.
(Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
Pray for America!
Now you can join the Salt & Light Council, praying for our nation six days each week on a conference line!
Repentance and Restoration Prayer Line
For many years now, the Salt & Light Council has sponsored this outstanding half-hour of prayer, six days per week, with additional time available for Bible reading and fellowship.
We are delighted to make this "hidden treasure" available to all of you who make up our CHPP family.
You can also view their daily prayer calendar by going here.
The following press release was issued by the Salt and Light Council. Praise the Lord!
This is a 30 minute national conference prayer call offered Monday through Saturday. We pray daily for our President, Cabinet, Supreme Court, one or two state legislatures, preambles, plus a moral topic and Israel. All are welcome to participate in prayer for our nation. Fellowship and Bible reading is optional for those who would like to remain on the line. The call is hosted by The Salt & Light Council.
605-468-8015 / Access Code 338083#
Monday - Saturday
8:30 am PT 9:30 am MT
10:30 am CT 11:30 am ET