Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
"For the day of vengeance is in My heart, And the year of My redeemed has come. " (Isaiah 63:4)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
You can find us on Facebook by going here.
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
Tax Reform and the Economy
Below please find several items for prayer, related either to the just-passed tax reform package and/or the new economic indicators. We do praise our Lord for all of this good news coming forth now in the American economy.
1. Analysis: Tax Reform Will Increase Capital Formation, Leading to Higher Wages and Employment - Washington Free Beacon
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, recently passed by both the House and the Senate, will increase capital formation, which will lead to higher wages and employment, according to an analysis from the Tax Foundation. "We estimate that the Act will boost investment, employment, and incomes in the United States," the report says. "It will facilitate the expansion of U.S. capital stock, our productive capacity, and our ability to compete in the world."
"As the added capital is put in place, American wages and employment will rise, and the total amount of saving done by Americans will rise," the report says. The bill's provisions of immediate expensing, reduced income tax rates, and reduced rates on businesses would make GDP closer to 4.7 percent. It is projected that capital stock would be closer to $5 trillion more. (Read more)
2. More Businesses Raise Wages, Give Bonuses in Wake of Tax Cuts - The Daily Signal
More businesses are announcing bonuses, higher minimum wages, and new benefits for employees after passage by Congress of Republicans' tax reform bill. An email from House Speaker Paul Ryan's press office highlights 33 businesses-including Aflac, Associated Bank, and PNC Bank-that have announced raises, bonuses, and other improvements for employees. In moves that may defuse efforts to mandate higher minimum wages across the nation, at least nine of the 33 businesses announced they are boosting their minimum wage for thousands of workers to $15 or more an hour.
"Happy New Year and welcome to 2018, where Americans are waking up across the country with a brand new, pro-growth tax code," the Wisconsin Republican's press office says. "Despite the doom and gloom rhetoric from the left and special-interest groups, millions of hardworking people are already seeing benefits." (Read more)
- Father, how we praise You for these two great reports of the expected and fulfilled financial benefits from the new tax law. We praise You that it provides a way for businesses to grow in a healthy way and that the effect of that has already been benefits to employees. We honor You as the author of such blessings and pray that our country will recognize that You are the giver of all good things. We now call for silencing of all voices that are against sound policy.
- "Let them shut for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant." (Psalm 35:27)
3. Manufacturing in the U.S. just accelerated to its best year since 2004 - Bloomberg
Bloomberg Markets reports that "U.S. manufacturing expanded in December at the fastest pace , as gains in orders and production capped the strongest year for factories since 2004," according to data from the Institute for Supply Management.
The acceleration is fueled by "more domestic business investment, improving global economies and steady spending by American households," Katia Dmitrieva writes. Timothy Fiore, ISM's manufacturing survey committee chairman, explained that the poll was taken before tax reform passed in December- and its passage will provide companies with even greater incentives to invest. (Read more)
4. Trump Keeps Defying His Critics, 1 Year in Office - Newsmax
Since the day Donald Trump was elected president in November 2016, the Dow Jones industrial average has risen by some 35 percent, making the last 14 months one of the greatest bull market runs in history.
Some $6 trillion of wealth has been created for Americans - which is very good news for the 55 million Americans with 401(k) plans, the 25 million or so who have IRAs, and another 20 million with company pension plans and employee stock ownership plans.
The left was certain exactly the opposite would happen with a Trump presidency. To borrow a recent phrase from House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, President Trump's policies would cause "Armageddon" for family finances, the American economy and the stock market. (Read more)
5. US construction spending hit record high in November - The Associated Press
Private construction spending hit an all-time high in November of 2017, according to a new report from the Commerce Department. "Builders spent 0.8 percent more on construction projects in November, the fourth consecutive monthly gain," The Associated Press reports. (Read more)
6. Food stamp rolls decline by more than 2 million in FY 2017 - The Washington Free Beacon
The number of people receiving food stamps fell by more than two million during the 2017 fiscal year, according to data recently released by the Agriculture Department. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue has implemented new policies intended to streamline access and efficiency within the program, the Free Beacon writes. (Read more)
7. Dow closes above 25,000, extending milestone-breaking run for blue-chip stock index - USA Today
"The milestone-busting Dow has done it again," USA Today reports on the record-setting close of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, which today closed above 25,000 for the first time in its history.
"Rising stock prices have been powered by a global economic recovery and optimism that the Republican tax-cut bill will provide a fresh boost for U.S. growth and help American companies make more money," Adam Shell writes. "Dow 25K is just another milestone, not the top," adds Brian Belski, the chief investment strategist at BMO Capital Markets. (Read more)
1. Egyptian officer: Ramallah can be Palestinian state's capital - Israel National News
Egyptian intelligence officer Captain Ashraf al-Kholi told media outlets to support US President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem, The New York Times reported.
Audio recordings of four phone calls obtained by the Times reveal al-Kholi as repeatedly asking, "How is Jerusalem different than Ramallah, really?"
The Times contacted both the Egyptian government and al-Kholi, but neither responded to requests for comment.
One talk show host, Azmi Megahed, said he is "friends with Ashraf" and the two "talk all the time." He also said, "Another intifada would be bad. I have no problem saying all of the things you have heard in that call in public."
2. Security cabinet said holding 'significant' meetings on threats from north -Times of Israel
The security cabinet has convened several times in recent days to discuss the situation and threats along Israel's northern borders, according to a report that described the meetings "extremely significant."
"Due to limitations imposed by the military censor, I can't give the full information," said Channel 10 diplomatic correspondent Barak Ravid, "but after more than a decade of covering the security cabinet, I can judge that the discussions over the last few days about the northern front were extremely significant."
He added that the discussions were focused on the northern front, and among other issues dealt with the activities of Iran and the Iran-backed Hezbollah terrorist group in Syria and Lebanon, as well as preparing for the day after the Syrian civil war ends, and the renewed control of Syrian President Bashar Assad's military over most of the country.
3. Report: Hamas agrees to give PA control of its weapons - Israel Hayom
Hamas officials have informed Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas that Hamas will agree to relinquish control of its weapons if it is allowed to join the Palestine Liberation Organization, the London-based pan-Arab daily Al-Hayat reported .
Abbas' Fatah faction controls the PLO, and if he agrees to the Hamas proposal, the Palestinian Authority would essentially assume control over and supervise Hamas' weapons.
The fate of the terrorist group's weapons and security forces has been a sticking point in the ongoing reconciliation efforts between rival Palestinian factions Hamas and Fatah.
4. Cave of the Patriarchs floods with rainwater - Israel National News , prayers were not held in the Cave of the Patriarchs' (Me'arat Hamachpelah) main hall, and hundreds of worshipers were forced to squish into a smaller prayer space.
The reason? Rain had penetrated the central hall, after several hours of rain had fallen in the area.
The central hall floods every time it rains, since the Muslim Waqf (religious authority) refuses to roof the building.
5. Israel compiles blacklist of BDS groups to be barred from country - Times of Israel
The Strategic Affairs Ministry under Gilad Erdan has compiled a list of organizations it says promote the boycott of Israel, and will cooperate with the Interior Ministry to block members of those groups from entering the country, Hadashot news reported .
The blacklist currently covers around 20 groups the ministry says are part of the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS) and which it says consistently and openly work to delegitmize Israel.
According to the TV report these include BDS groups from Italy, France, South Africa, Scandinavia, and the Jewish American group Jewish Voice for Peace.
6. Bridges for Peace - Israel Prayer Update
To read this week's bulletin, go here.
7. Intercessors for Israel - Prayer Alert
To read this week's bulletin, go here.
|The Daily Brief|
1. US freezes $125 million grant to Palestinian 'refugees' - World Israel News
The US froze a $125 million grant to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, Israel's Channel 10 News and the American Axios news site reported .
Citing three Western diplomats who asked to remain anonymous, the reports said the grant was due to be delivered on January 1 and that the amount frozen is one-third of the US annual funding to UNRWA.
For now, the money has been frozen while the US reassesses the situation. US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley announced earlier in the week that the Trump administration will halt aid to the Palestinians unless they agree to come to the negotiating table and participate in peace talks with the Israelis.
President Donald Trump "doesn't want to give any additional funding until the Palestinians agree to come back to the negotiating table," Haley stated .
On that same day, Trump tweeted, "We pay the Palestinians HUNDRED OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS a year and get no appreciation or respect . . . with the Palestinians no longer willing to talk peace, why should we make any of these massive future payments to them?" (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that you have granted us a "king" (head of state) who says what he means and who means what he says. Abba Father God, it is such a blessing to know we are being governed by a man whose word we can trust. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "A man is known by his actions. An evil man lives an evil life; a good man lives a godly life." (Proverbs 21:8 TLB)
2. Trump deals another blow to Obamacare - WND
The failure to repeal and replace Obamacare is regarded as perhaps the biggest legislative failure of President Trump's first year in office.
Yet, Trump managed to eliminate the linchpin of Obama's signature law, the individual mandate, through the tax-reform bill passed in December.
And now the administration is taking the first step toward implementing one of the most important planks of conservative health-care reform: allowing the sale of health insurance across state lines.
The Department of Labor published in the Federal Register a proposed rule to expand the offering of small business health plans, also known as association health plans, reported InsuranceNewsNet.
Under the proposal, small businesses and sole proprietors would have more freedom to band together to provide health insurance for employees. (Read more)
- Father God, once again, we praise You for giving us a "king" who rules with wisdom. With this "one step at a time approach" to the dismantling of the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare"), we shall in time see this terrible law disappear. Amen.
- "By me kings reign, And rulers decree justice." (Proverbs )
3. Pres. Donald Trump Named Operation Rescue's 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year - Operation Rescue
Operation Rescue is pleased to announce that the recipient of the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award is Pres. Donald J. Trump. The Malachi Award is given by Operation Rescue every year to recognize individuals who sacrificially work to advance the cause of protecting the pre-born.
"Operation Rescue is grateful Pres. Trump for having the courage to keep promises made during the campaign that provide greater protections for the pre-born and deny Federal funds from those who commit abortions," said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. "He has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history and has backed up his pro-life rhetoric with action like no other before him." Since Trump took office, he has accomplished more for the pro-life agenda than any other president.
"We are proud of President Trump and his bold willingness to advance the cause of life. There are more battles ahead, but under the Trump administration, we can now finally see progress within our government toward restoring the sanctity of life and the protections of personhood to the pre-born," said Newman. "This makes Pres. Trump a deserving recipient of the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award." (Read more)
- Father God, thank You for President Trump standing on the promises that he made during his campaign to protect unborn babies. Federal funds aren't being used to commit abortions as he promised. More and more abortion clinics are closing. Our nation can be proud to call Mr. Trump our believing president. He is listening to Your voice through the Holy Spirit as he leads our country. Thank You for Operation Rescue recognizing Mr. Trump as the Pro-Life person of the year. We pray that others will see You through this award. Praise Your Holy Name.
- "I have declared my ways, and You answered me; Teach me Your statutes."
4. Another Planned Parenthood Clinic Shuts Its Doors - Daily Signal
An Iowa Planned Parenthood clinic will close its doors after government defunding forced it to discontinue operations. "After nearly two decades in the Quad Cities, on Friday, December 29, 2017, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland will officially close their Bettendorf location, a move directly resulting from defunding by extreme Iowa lawmakers," Planned Parenthood said in a statement, according to LifeNews.
The Iowa abortion affiliate received roughly $2.7 million every year from taxpayer dollars, but after the state changed its laws-redirecting that money to family planning services and other organizations that provide reproductive health care but do not perform abortions-the Planned Parenthood clinic couldn't sustain its activities.
Pro-lifers, however, see this shutdown as yet another win for those who value life. Planned Parenthood now operates fewer than 600 abortion clinics in the U.S. after 33 clinics closed in 2017. The abortion giant opened only five new clinics in 2017, according to LifeNews. The organization ran 938 clinics in 1995 when Planned Parenthood was at its peak operational level, and it has closed 36 percent of its clinics since 1995, according to an American Life Leagues report about Planned Parenthood.
Ten states account for 60 percent of all Planned Parenthood facilities in America: California, New York, Washington, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida, Wisconsin, and Michigan. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we raise our hearts and voices in praise as more unborn babies are safe and our tax money is not being used for murder. The bodies of those tiny little ones will not be sold for evil ceremonies. Planned Parenthood is feeling the pain in their pocketbooks. Their pain is nothing compared to the pain they have caused to all the unborn babies and their moms. Show all those involved with abortion Your way to repentance and salvation. The price of salvation has been paid. Only You and Your Son know the painful price You paid for all our sins on the cross. Forgive our nation. Thank You for our President who has said, "No more Federal tax money will fund abortions." Hallelujah!
- "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' (Matthew 25:40)
5. Appeals Court Rules Bakers Must Pay $135,000 for Not Making Wedding Cake - Daily Signal
A husband-and-wife baking team must pay a $135,000 fine for declining to make a cake for the wedding of two women, Oregon's second-highest court has ruled. A three-judge panel of the Oregon Court of Appeals upheld a decision by a state agency that led to the fine and forced Aaron and Melissa Klein to close their bakery. The court ruled that baking wedding cakes is not "speech, art, or other expression" protected by the First Amendment. The judges said the state did not "impermissibly burden the Kleins' right to the free exercise of religion" because it compelled the Christian bakers only to comply with "a neutral law of general applicability."
Oregon law prohibits businesses from refusing service because of a customer's sexual orientation, as well as because of race, gender, and other personal characteristics. "We are very disappointed in the court's decision," Michael Berry, deputy general counsel at First Liberty Institute, which represents the Kleins, told The Daily Signal in a phone interview (Read more). "I think that punishing people for their religious beliefs is . . . not American, and it's wrong."
- Lord, the Kleins have lost more than their business as they took a stand against breaking Your laws. They continue to get penalized for doing the right thing according to Your word, which never changes. We pray that by Your hand they will prosper and grow as You intended and all the world will see You in their battles. Help them to grow even stronger in their walk with You. Protect them and their family from all harm. Let them not grow weary but grow stronger. Bless these people who love You at all costs. Thank You for hearing our prayers for the Kleins. Amen.
- "Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." (James )
6. House Committee Receives Fusion GPS's Bank Records - Daily Caller
The bank for Fusion GPS gave the House Intelligence Committee dozens of the opposition research firm's financial records , a federal judge said. The exchange puts an end to a dramatic court fight over the Trump dossier firm's bank records, which the House panel sought through a subpoena issued in October.
Judge Richard Leon ruled against Fusion GPS which had asked for a temporary restraining order to prevent its bank, TD Bank, from complying with the committee's subpoena. But Leon, a George W. Bush appointee, rejected all of Fusion's arguments against complying with the subpoena.
At issue were records of 70 financial transactions between some of its clients, two media companies and several journalists and researchers it has paid over the past two years. The court fight appeared to have ended in late October after Perkins Coie, the law firm that represented the Clinton campaign and DNC, outed itself as the client that hired Fusion GPS to produce the dossier. But the Intelligence committee, chaired by California Rep. Devin Nunes, pushed forward with the subpoena in order to find out details of transactions involving reporters and several other Fusion GPS clients who are believed to have worked on Russia-related issues.(Read more)
- Father, release Your Holy Spirit to promote all those who are being used to further justice and stands on the side of righteousness. But all these entities who are working to bring evil and darkness into this issue, we pray You hold them back and let nothing they do prosper. We pray in the Name of Jesus, amen.
- "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." (Romans )
"Unto the pure all things are pure: but to them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled." (Titus )
7. Report: Clinton Foundation Under Active FBI Investigation - Washington Free Beacon
The FBI is actively investigating the Clinton Foundation over corruption allegations, according to a report published . The bureau is looking into whether the Bill and Hillary Clinton-run foundation misused tax-exempt funds or whether donors "were improperly promised policy favors or special access to Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state in exchange for donations to the charity's coffers," according to a U.S. official who spoke to CNN.
The investigation is based out of the FBI field offices in Little Rock, Arkansas, and at least one witness has already been investigated, according to the Hill's John Salomon, who first reported the inquiry. The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the interview was "extremely professional and unquestionably thorough." The Wall Street Journal reported in 2016 that four FBI field offices-including one in Little Rock-were "collecting information about the Clinton Foundation to see if there was evidence of financial crimes or influence-peddling." But the investigation was stymied by the then-Loretta Lynch led Department of Justice, which was "dismissive" of the case, according to the Journal. The Justice Department reportedly told the FBI in a meeting it "wouldn't authorize more aggressive investigative techniques, such as subpoenas, formal witness interviews, or grand-jury activity." CNN likewise reports that the Obama Justice Department gave the FBI "a message of 'hold right now until after the elections-no subpoenas issued, no interviews.'" (Read more)
- Almighty God, because Your eyes see each and everything going on in the world, we therefore ask that You will "draw out of hiding" the criminal activity and unlawful actions and practices which the Clinton Foundation is guilty of. Expose all, so that the guilty parties will be brought to justice and held accountable for all their wrongdoing. Bind by the power of God all the forces of the shadow government that would hinder the truth from being exposed. In the Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
- "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (Genesis )
8. Republican senators refer 'Trump dossier' author Christopher Steele for criminal investigation - Washington Examiner
Two Republican senators have recommended that the Department of Justice criminally investigate the author of the Trump dossier. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., a senior committee member, told the Justice Department they believe Christopher Steele, the former British spy who helped put together the dossier, knowingly lied to federal authorities about his communications with U.S. journalists. The recommendation is the first known criminal recommendation from Congress's multiple Russia probes.
Grassley and Graham delivered a letter, as well as a classified memo, to Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray containing the basis for the criminal investigation. "Based on the information contained therein, we are respectfully referring Mr. Steele to you for investigation of potential violations of 18 U.S.C. § 1001, for statements the Committee has reason to believe Mr. Steele made regarding his distribution of information contained," they said in a press statement. That federal criminal code refers to knowingly and willfully making false or misleading statements to federal authorities. Grassley indicated that Steele didn't tell the truth when asked by the FBI whether he leaked parts of the dossier to reporters. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for truth to be established in this matter of Christopher Steele's "Trump dossier" and that all the faults or crimes be disclosed regarding Mr. Steele's reporting. Expose any harmful actions or information and it be made public and this dossier be a clean and honest detailed report of information contained in the dossier. In Jesus' Name we pray.
- "The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit." (Proverbs 12:5)
9. Michael Wolff's spotty record raises questions about Trump tell-all - Washington Times
This isn't the first time author/journalist Michael Wolff has been accused of fabricating quotes. A caustic gossip columnist more accustomed to taking down New York media moguls than Washington politicians, Mr. Wolff trained his fire on President Trump and his inner circle in "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," an incendiary tell-all that has the president and his supporters fuming. In excerpts from the book given to outlets where Mr. Wolff's byline regularly appears - The Guardian, The Hollywood Reporter, New York magazine and the British version of GQ - the White House is portrayed as full of disorder, backbiting and infighting.
Mr. Wolff's witty, provocative style has earned him accolades over the years - as well as criticism and controversy. The now-defunct website Brill's Content reported in 1998 that more than a dozen people said Mr. Wolff embellished or outright invented quotes attributed to them in his 1998 book about Silicon Valley, "Burn Rate: How I Survived the Gold Rush Years on the Internet." (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that the maze of confusion that bespeaks Mr. Wolff's reporting style be tamed and controlled by the Lord. Bring a halt to any and all lies he reports concerning President Trump. Father, we ask that You stand with the ones who honor God, and withstand this man who reports false and questionable reporting. We pray in the Name of Jesus.
- "But if they had stood in My counsel, and had caused My people to hear My words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings." (Jeremiah )
10. Steve Bannon Apologizes to Trump - Newsmax
Embattled ex-White House strategist Stephen Bannon - bowed by the blowback from his slams of President Donald Trump and his eldest son in a new book - expressed "regret" for the bashing, Axios reported. In a lengthy statement to the news outlet, Bannon called Donald Trump Jr. "a patriot and a good man," and declared his own support as "unwavering for the president and his agenda."
"I regret that my delay in responding to the inaccurate reporting regarding Don Jr. has diverted attention from the president's historical accomplishments in the first year of his presidency," Bannon said, Axios reported. "He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around," Bannon said of the Trump scion. (Read more)
- Thank You, God, for moving so quickly on the heart of Steve Bannon, so that this apology would be released. We bless him for this act of humility, and we thank You for this speedy answer to our prayers, amen.
- "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear."
11. If Iran Protests Successful It's Much Better for Mideast Christians, Experts Say - Christian Post
If the Iran protesters are successful, conditions look to improve greatly for Christians not only in Iran but throughout the Middle East, some say. Thousands of Iranians have taken to the streets in demonstrations that began last Thursday in protest of the autocratic regime over rampant corruption, rising food and fuel prices, and a faltering economy, CNN reported. Not since the 2009 uprising known as the Green Revolution has there been such vast nationwide protests.
"If the protesters can recover something of that inclusive nationalism, then Christians and other ethnic and sectarian minorities will be better off than they are now," said Iranian-born journalist and Catholic convert Sohrab Ahmari, in a interview with Catholic News Agency. "The Iranians who are pouring into the streets have had it with an ideological regime that represses them and can't even deliver basic economic security," he said. Author Ken Timmerman, president of CEO of the Foundation for Democracy in Iran, concurred, telling The Christian Post in a phone interview that the Islamic State of Iran has its fingers all over the Middle East, wreaking havoc everywhere. "If this evil regime falls, you have the cutting off the hand that commands the fingers. You're talking about dramatically reducing the level of violence throughout the region," Timmerman said. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that You will raise up a strong army who will continue to be a strong force by demonstrating in the streets against the rampant corruption in Iran. God, break the power of the evil that has dominated Iran. Bind under the Blood of Jesus all who would raise up their voice to keep Iran under the stress and strain of an evil dictatorship. We pray in the Name of Jesus and believe God for Iran's release.
- "They said, Turn you again now every one from his evil way, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the Lord has given unto you and to your fathers forever and ever." (Jeremiah 25:5)
|The Daily Jot|
Friday, January 5, 2018
FBI launching new investigation on Clintons
The Hill reports that the FBI is launching a new investigation into the Clinton Foundation and Hillary Clinton's "pay to play" scheme-specifically whether the Clintons promised or performed any policy favors in return for largesse to their charitable efforts or whether donors expected government favors. Let us remember on August 25, 2016, The Daily Jot reported that Clinton's presidential campaign did not deny that the Clinton Foundation took money from people in exchange for meetings at the State Department. Clinton's campaign, however, attacked Associated Press, who broke the story that Clinton operated a pay to play scheme for favors and access to her at the State Department.
AP had documented a pattern and a notable system of corruption, confirming earlier reports by government investigative watchdog, Judicial Watch. On Monday, August 22, 2016 Judicial Watch released 725 of new State Department documents and 20 previously unreleased emails, in which the former Secretary of State's top aide Huma Abedin "provided influential Clinton Foundation donors special, expedited access to the secretary of state. In many instances, the preferential treatment provided to donors was at the specific request of Clinton Foundation executive Douglas Band." These and the AP investigation reveal an elaborate scheme to enrich the Clintons while she was Secretary of State.
Judicial Watch stated: "The Abedin emails reveal that the longtime Clinton aide apparently served as a conduit between Clinton Foundation donors and Hillary Clinton while Clinton served as secretary of state. In more than a dozen email exchanges, Abedin provided expedited, direct access to Clinton for donors who had contributed from $25,000 to $10 million to the Clinton Foundation. In many instances, Clinton Foundation top executive Doug Band, who worked with the Foundation throughout Hillary Clinton's tenure at State, coordinated closely with Abedin. In September 2016, Breitbart reported that records verified Hillary Clinton's foundation had taken between $74.5-87.8 million from Algeria, Brunei, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates.
The UK Daily Caller reported that "Qatar has given between $1 million and $5 million to the Clinton Foundation and Saudi Arabia has donated upwards of $25 million dollars to the Foundation." Clinton's previous emails indicated that money given to the Clinton Foundation was often paid in relationship to Clinton setting up meetings with high-ranking government officials, including herself.In Exodus 23:8 the Lord says, "And you shall take no bribe: for the bribe blinds the wise, and perverts the words of the righteous." Some translations say a bribe subverts the cause of the just. The on again off again FBI is once again investigating these shenanigans. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out, but then again, it's as much political as it is legal.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
|Israel: Prophecies Fulfilled|
5 Biblical Prophecies Fulfilled in 2017 and 5 More Expected in 2018
Note: the following is a summary of the ten points referenced in this article, originally published by Breaking Israel News. This summary was written by Laura Densmore.
The year 2017 was packed with what many describe as "remarkable" or "unprecedented" events. Donald Trump's presidential inauguration and his latest announcement that he sees Jerusalem as the eternal capital of the Jewish people are considered by believers to be prophetic signs that the world is coming ever closer to the Messianic area.
1. Jerusalem As A Place Of Assembly For Non-Jews
2. Eclipse Signifies Storms and Trouble For "King of the East"
3. Trump Visits Western Wall
4. UN Jerusalem Vote
5. Ingathering of Exiles
5 Prophecies We Expect To See in 2018
1. Moving the US Embassy
2. Sunni-Shia Divides
3. The North Korean Threat
4. Reestablishing the Davidic Dynasty
5. Building of the Third Temple
Summary provided by:
Hebraic Heritage Ministries Intl.
> > > To read the full article, please go here.
> > > Editor's note: to clarify -- the Trump administration has clearly stated that we are not to expect to see the American Embassy moved to Jerusalem in the next year; but that, rather, this process will take years to achieve.
|Our Weekly Bible Study|
Our Weekly Bible Study
Week of Sunday, January 7 -
Featured teaching of the week:
Hebraic Roots 101 ~ Pt 4:
Yeshua (Love) is the Fulfillment of Torah
To listen to this teaching, please go here.
Torah portion reading for the week of January 6th:
Vaera ~ I appeared
Torah portion: Exodus 6:2 -
Haftorah portion (Prophets): Ezekiel 28:25 - 29:21
Gospel/New Testament: Luke 11: 14-22
> > > Listen to http://hebrootsradio.com to learn about the Hebrew roots of the Christian faith!
|More Daily Features|
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
O FOR A THOUSAND TONGUES TO SING
"I . . . heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands." (Revelation )
O for a thousand tongues to sing My great Redeemer's praise, The glories of my God and King, The triumphs of His grace!
My gracious Master and my God, Assist me to proclaim, To spread through all the earth abroad The honors of Thy name.
Jesus! the name that charms our fears, That bids our sorrows cease; 'Tis music in the sinner's ears, 'Tis life, and health, and peace.
He breaks the power of canceled sin, He sets the prisoner free; His blood can make the foulest clean, His blood availed for me.
He speaks, and, listening to His voice, New life the dead receive, The mournful, broken hearts rejoice, The humble poor believe.
Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb, Your loosened tongues employ; Ye blind, behold your Savior come, And leap, ye lame, for joy.
In Christ your Head, you then shall know, Shall feel your sins forgiven; Anticipate your heaven below, And own that love is heaven.
Glory to God, and praise and love Be ever, ever given, By saints below and saints above, The church in earth and heaven.
On this glad day the glorious Sun Of Righteousness arose; On my benighted soul He shone And filled it with repose.
Sudden expired the legal strife, 'Twas then I ceased to grieve; My second, real, living life I then began to live.
Then with my heart I first believed, Believed with faith divine, Power with the Holy Ghost received To call the Savior mine.
I felt my Lord's atoning blood Close to my soul applied; Me, me He loved, the Son of God, For me, for me He died!
> > > To read the remaining lyrics, please go here.
Go here . . .
About the Author:
Words: Charles Wesley, 1739.
Melody: Carl G. Gläser, 1828
About the Hymn:
Wesley wrote this hymn to commemorate the first anniversary of his conversion to Christ. This origin is reflected in the lyrics, "On this glad day the glorious Sun of Righteousness arose." The stanza that begins "O for a thousand tongues to sing" is verse seven of Wesley's original poem. This work first appeared in Hymns and Sacred Poems in 1740.
Signs and Wonders
Mount Washington is among the coldest places on the planet - and beyond
Mount Washington Observatory in New Hampshire isn't just cold - at minus 36 degrees with a windchill of 94 below, it's tied for the second-coldest place on Earth, according to a tweet from the observatory. In fact, according to the latest data available from the Curiosity rover on Mars, Mount Washington feels colder than the surface of our celestial neighbor, which was measured at minus 78 degrees.
As of morning, the wind was gusting at more than 100 miles per hour at the summit, which is 6,288 feet above sea level, according to the observatory's website.
"We should end up being the coldest location in the Lower 48," Mike Carmon, senior meteorologist at the Mount Washington Observatory, told the New York Times. "We basically just start saying it's stupid cold outside."
If you're wondering what place on Earth could possibly be colder than Mount Washington, it's Eureka, Nunavut, (Northern Canada) at minus 40 degrees. But with winds of only 2 miles per hour, Eureka comes in at a balmy windchill of minus 50 degrees. (Boston Globe) See photos by going here.
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts )