Next Tuesday, April 30th, is
the National Day of Repentance.
To learn more, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
"Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord! Praise ye the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
How To Subscribe
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at CHPP1994@gmail.com requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
"Standing United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
|Update: The Mueller Report|
Update: The Mueller Report
1. Mueller's done, and Dems should be too - because Trump is no Nixon
- The Hill
The walls were not coming down. They were not closing in. There was, at the end of the day, no evidence whatsoever of any collusion - and there was nothing but a president frustrated at being wrongly accused and wrongly investigated over a very effective hoax.
Most people don't understand what it is to not only be personally investigated for something you didn't do but also have your friends, family members and associates placed in legal jeopardy over it. Special counsel Robert Mueller's team systematically targeted the people around the president, squeezing them like lemons, indicting them on mostly process crimes created by the investigation itself. They reviewed everyone's emails, text messages, phone calls, bank statements - and yet their conclusion on collusion was clear and definitive. It has to be believed.
I was there working with former President Clinton in 1998 when he pondered whether to send missiles against Osama bin Laden but was concerned it would be viewed as "wagging the dog." We missed bin Laden that day. It was symbolic of how everything in the White House was affected by the Monica Lewinsky investigation; it changed everything we did. And, yes, there was a good bit of cursing then, too.
The big difference between today and what happened in 1998 or during the Nixon era is that, at the end of the day, the Mueller investigators found no stained dress, no break-in, no hush money, no enemies list. There never was a crime, and what seemed far-fetched was simply that - this time, a duly elected president was investigated for a crime that never even existed. In fact, evidence is mounting that the investigation itself was launched on phony grounds. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that the veil be lifted from the eyes of all who hate the President. Only You can do this, only You can change a heart and grant the kind of repentance that brings true freedom.
- "But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ."
(2 Corinthians 3:14)
2. Nadler says there is 'plenty of evidence of obstruction' in Mueller report, believes Don Jr. should have been charged - Fox News
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-NY, argued on Sunday that, despite Special Counsel Robert Mueller deciding not to charge President Trump with obstruction of justice, he believes there is still plenty of evidence of obstruction by the president. Nadler, who filed a subpoena Friday for Mueller's full, unredacted report, said that Mueller only restrained from charging Trump with obstruction of justice because of the longstanding Justice Department opinion that a sitting president can't be indicted.
"Mueller says that although a thorough FBI investigation might very well show evidence of obstruction of justice with the president, 'we're not going to do that because of the Department of Justice's legal opinion that a president, a sitting president, can't be indicted and it would be unfair to lay out the facts justifying an indictment without giving the president the opportunity and a trial to clear his name,'" Nadler said on Sunday during an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press." (Read more)
- Lord, strong delusion has gripped members of the Democrat Party- we pray that You will release them from this covering of lies and allow repentance to bring freedom to their minds.
- "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie." (2 Thess. 2:11)
3. House Judiciary Committee issues subpoena for 'complete and unredacted' Mueller report - Fox News
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., issued a subpoena Friday to obtain the "complete and unredacted" version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia report, as well as the underlying materials -- the next step in what is almost certain to be a lengthy political and legal battle between Democrats and Republicans over the report.
"This includes, but is not limited to, all summaries, exhibits, indices, tables of contents or other tables or figures, appendices, supplements, addenda or any other attachments whether written or attached in a separate electronic format," the subpoena says. (Read more)
- Lord, we take authority over the spirit of delusion and mockery that seeks to destroy this President regardless of the truth.
- ". . . and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved." (2 Thess 2:10)
4. Trump sues to block Democrats' subpoena for financial information - Fox News
Lawyers for President Trump on Monday sued to block a subpoena issued by members of Congress that sought the business magnate's financial records. The complaint named Rep. Elijah Cummings, the Democratic chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, and Peter Kenny, the chief investigative counsel of the House committee, as its plaintiffs.
"We will not allow Congressional Presidential harassment to go unanswered," said Jay Sekulow, counsel to the president.
Earlier this month, Cummings, D-Md., said the committee would subpoena accounting firm Mazars USA LLC for Trump's financial information. Cummings is seeking annual statements, periodic financial reports and independent auditors reports from Mazars, as well as records of communications with Trump. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for President Trump's attorneys to find favor with the courts that will stop the harassment against him.
- "His favor is for life" (Psalm 30:5b)
5. Top 10 things the media got wrong about 'collusion' and 'obstruction' - New York Post
The prestige press has some explaining to do - for subjecting the nation to a long, cruel ordeal named 'collusion' and 'obstruction,'" Sohrab Ahmari writes in the New York Post.
"All that remains of collusion and obstruction is the media's shattered credibility. The errant reporters and pundits - the ones who peddled the most outrageous falsehoods - want nothing more than to move on. But not so fast: There has to be some accountability for the biggest foul-ups." (Read more)
It's time for Democrats and the country to move past the Russia collusion narrative and for the media to fess up. If we are not going to respect the outcome of the Mueller report, then what was the point of the whole exercise?" writes former Bill Clinton adviser Mark Penn in The Hill. "The country deserves a Congress focused not on investigations but on issues such as health care, infrastructure and immigration."
- Father, we thank You that some in the media are now acknowledging the error of their ways in reporting rumors of "collusion" - over a period of over two years - to be true. Thank You for the move of repentance that is now sweeping some of their hearts, and we ask that this move of the Spirit not cease until all are humbled . . . and come to You. In Your name, amen.
- " . . . truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
6. Mueller Report Drives a 250 Percent Increase in Trump Campaign Fundraising: Report - The Epoch Times
President Trump's campaign has raised more than $1 million since the public release of the redacted Mueller report, according to campaign COO Michael Glassner.
"The release of the full Mueller report directly led to the campaign raising more than $1 million," Glassner told the New York Post. "Relative to our recent daily average, the Mueller news drove a 250 percent increase in fundraising from grassroots donors."
"Sorry Trump Haters. The biggest Waste of Money Witch Hunt in history is finally over. The attacks and lies will keep coming heading into 2020. That's why we need to fight back BIGGER and STRONGER than ever before," Trump campaign sent out a text message with a goal of raising $1 million in 24 hours.
The campaign announced in another text message on Friday afternoon, April 19, that they had hit its goal, the Washington Examiner reported.
Trump's 2020 presidential campaign raised more than $30 million in the first quarter of 2019, far outpacing the haul of every Democratic contender during the same period, The Epoch Times reported. (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord for this good news. We pray that Your love would permeate President Trump, removing all that is not pleasing to You, and bringing Your purpose to bear on every aspect of his Presidency.
- "For the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable." (Romans 11:29)
|Focus on Israel|
1. Coalition talks begin between Likud, United Right - Israel National News
The Likud and United Right parties on Monday will meet to discuss coalition negotiations.
On Sunday, representatives of the Likud and United Right agreed to hold formal negotiations only after the Pesach (Passover) holiday, but the staffs will meet Monday to hand Likud an official list of the United Right's demands.
MK Bezalel Smotrich, who heads the United Right's team, said his party would insist on the Education and Justice ministries, as well as significant influence on the Religious Affairs Ministry and the Settlement Division of the Justice Ministry.
Smotrich also noted that his party had eight seats and three portfolios in the previous Knesset. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray for Prime Minister Netanyahu and the coalition he is trying to form. We pray that You would align each party and bring a co-operation of everyone You want to be involved. We pray for men and women who know You, love You, and fear You - not man to be the decision makers in this process. We pray that Your will be done in Jerusalem and all of Israel as it is in Heaven. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. Far-right slate to offer PM immunity law in exchange for settlement annexation - Times of Israel
The Union of Right-Wing Parties is demanding that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu commit to annexing all Israeli settlements in the West Bank in exchange for the faction sponsoring legislation that would grant the premier immunity from prosecution, a spokesman for a senior party lawmaker confirmed to The Times of Israel on Monday.
The party is expected to officially kick off negotiations with Netanyahu's Likud party next week, but has begun to publicly press for a long list of demands, ranging from high level ministerial portfolios to legislation that will blunt the power of the Supreme Court to act as a check on the Knesset.
URWP leaders have already publicly revealed some of their stipulations for entering the government over the past nearly two weeks since the April 9 elections.
3. NGO petitions High Court to prevent Netanyahu-led coalition - Israel Hayom
The Movement for Integrity on Sunday petitioned the High Court of Justice to overturn President Reuven Rivlin's decision to ask Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to form the next coalition.
In its appeal, the left-wing NGO asked the court to rule that tasking Netanyahu to form the next government is illegal.
The petitioners also argued that the current situation is detrimental to the rule of law in Israel.
The Movement for Integrity predicated its petition on the series of corruption charges which Netanyahu is facing, and Attorney General Avichai Mendelblit's decision to indict him pending a hearing.
4. Not a Joke: Jewish Comedian Wins Ukraine Presidential Election - Jerusalem Online
Jewish Comedian Volodymyr Zelensky has the won Ukraine's presidential election with a whopping 73% of the vote, a tally never reached by a presidential candidate in Ukraine. Outgoing President Petro Poroshenko has quickly acknowledged his defeat.
Amazingly the large country that is still filled visceral anti-Semitism voted for a candidate who born Jewish. A majority of the population undoubtedly voted against Petro Poroshenko, who symbolized - rightly or wrongly - corruption, poverty, and war.
Zelinsky also owes his success to the fact that he has embodied the Ukrainian electorates political sentiment in his highly-watched television series 'Servant of the people'. In the show, he takes on the role of a history professor who pushes the President of Ukraine to eradicate corruption in the country.
This is a spectacular victory, but it also plunges the country into uncertainty. Volodymyr Zelensky has been known mainly as a comedian, actor, and producer who has no experience in the political arena.
5. Watch: Thousands Receive Priestly Blessings at Western Wall - Jerusalem Online
This Monday morning, thousands of people came to receive the traditional priestly blessing at the Wailing Wall also named the Western Wall in the Old City of Jerusalem. The Western Wall is the last remaining remnant of the 1st and second Jewish Temples. To Jews, it is the holiest spot to pray in the entire world. Hundreds of "Kohanim"(Jewish descendants of Aharon, brother of Moses) come to the Wailing Wall to bless those present with the priestly prayer that appears in the Bible.
6. Rabbinical School Set on Fire - Jerusalem Online
The largest Jewish Rabbinical school (Yeshiva) in Russia was burned down during a service commemorating the Exodus of Egypt (Seder).
When the fire broke out in Yeshiva "Torat Chaim", about sixty people consisting of rabbis, students and tourists were sitting around the Seder table. They were quickly evacuated and there were no casualties.
The fire started in a warehouse where all the meat for the festival was being stored. Also, a swastika and the was inscribed on the entrance to the Yeshiva.
Vice-President of the World Zionist Organization Yaakov Hagoel said: The anti-Semitic arsonists do not want to allow Diaspora Jews true freedom. This serious incident at the Torat Chaim yeshiva in Russia's capital is another red light in the righteous fight in the war against anti-Semitism and terror in Europe."
"I call on Russia's President Putin, a true friend of the State of Israel, to help and protect the Jews in his country, so that they are able, specifically, to proudly fulfill the holiday's commandments, and in general are able to fulfill the other commandments without fear. I support the Jewish community in Moscow and hope they will be able to continue their work faithfully, without fearing such instances. I wish them a happy and kosher Passover holiday," he said. (Read more)
- Father, as anti-Semitism rises in the world, we ask Your mercy and grace to cover the victims of it. We rebuke fear, and ask that Your Spirit come as You promised to draw them all to Yourself.
- "I was found by those who did not seek Me; I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me." (Isaiah 65:1)
|The Daily Brief|
1. Breaking! Mexican Troops Cross onto American Soil, Confront US Soldiers - The Western Journal
. . . It's rather jaw-dropping that in 2019, with GPS, satellite communications and constant connectivity, there is still uncertainty about where one sovereign nation ends and another begins. But the reality is that the Mexican military and police are underfunded and under-equipped, leaving the ball in America's court when it comes to securing the border.
This situation could have been far worse, but it highlights just how hectic this region is. It is certainly possible that a much more substantial border barrier, such as the wall proposed by the president, could help avoid similar mix-ups in the future. (To read the details of this potentially deadly confrontation, please go here.)
- Father God, we thank You that Your Hand of mercy was truly resting upon this potentially volatile confrontation, and that Your angels were on duty when this occurred. We bind the spirits of chaos and confusion that seem to rule in this geographic region, and we speak peace, clarity and order to the government of that territory. In Your name, amen.
- "He will give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways."
2. Easter Sunday explosions at multiple churches and hotels rock Sri Lanka, death tolls rises past 200 - Fox News
A pair holding U.S. and British nationalities were among the 11 foreigners killed after a series of explosions struck three churches and three luxury hotels in and just outside of Sri Lanka's capital Easter Sunday, leaving at least 207 people dead and 450 others injured, officials said.
Sri Lanka's foreign ministry said the other foreigners whose nationalities have been verified included three Indians, one Portuguese national, two Turkish nationals, and three British nationals.
The U.S. State Department confirmed in a statement that "several U.S. citizens were among those killed" in the explosions, though details were still emerging. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo went on to condemn the Easter morning "terror attacks."
"Attacks on innocent people gathering in a place of worship or enjoying a holiday meal are affronts to the universal values and freedoms that we hold dear, and demonstrate yet again the brutal nature of radical terrorists whose sole aim is to threaten peace and security," Pompeo said in the statement. (Read more)
- Father, we pray Your mighty comfort over the families of these victims. We pray that Your Spirit would move through Sri Lanka, destroying the power of the enemy and drawing many to Your heart.
- "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints." (Psalm 116:15)
3. House of Representatives Chaplain Can Bar Atheist "Prayer," Rules Court - Newsmax
The court ruled that prayers are "inherently supposed to be religious, not secular."
The House of Representatives chaplain can bar an atheist from giving a prayer because prayers are inherently supposed to be religious, not "secular," a court ruled on Good Friday, according to Roll Call.
The House of Representatives chaplain can bar an atheist from giving a prayer because prayers are inherently supposed to be religious, not "secular," a court ruled on Good Friday, according to Roll Call.
The case was brought by Dan Barker, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, against Father Patrick J. Conroy, the House chaplain who rejected a request from Barker to deliver a prayer to the House. "To resolve this case, however, we need not decide whether there is a constitutional difference between excluding a would-be prayer-giver from the guest chaplain program because he is an atheist and excluding him because he has expressed a desire to deliver a nonreligious prayer,' even though we accept as true Barker's allegation that Conroy rejected him 'because he is an atheist,'" U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit Judge David S. Tatel wrote, according to the report.
"The House's requirement that prayers must be religious nonetheless precludes Barker from doing the very thing he asks us to order Conroy to allow him to do: deliver a secular prayer." (Read more)
(Also reported by: Breaking Christian News)
- Father God, we shout HALLELUJAH that D.C. Circuit Judge David S. Tatel has delivered this ruling. We rejoice that Father Conroy, as the Chaplain of the U.S. House of Representatives, is free to reject any "secular prayer" from being offered in the House Chamber. We also choose to forgive Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis., who invited Barker to serve as guest chaplain at the time this took place. In Your Name, amen.
- "But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!"
4. Supremes to decide if 'sex' can be redefined - WND
Can bureaucrats change federal law simply by redefining the word "sex"? The U.S. Supreme Court will address that question, having decision to take the case of a Michigan funeral home sued by a former male employee who demanded he be allowed to wear a dress to work.
The Alliance Defending Freedom on Monday confirmed the high court agreed to accept the case brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against R. G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Homes and its owner, Thomas Rost.
The employee, Anthony Stephens, abruptly decided he no longer was a he, but a she, and was going to dress like a woman at work. The business, respectful of the grieving families it serves, has a dress code, so Stephens was dismissed when he refused to follow it.
He claimed discrimination, asserting that when Congress used the word "sex" in the 1964 Title VII anti-discrimination law, it had "gender identity" in mind. The law bans discrimination in employment based on race, religion, national origin or sex. It was written with the understanding that there are two sexes, male and female, and neither should be given advantage for employment based solely on that characteristic.
"No court or federal agency has the authority to rewrite a federal statute. That power belongs solely to Congress," said Alliance Defending Fund Senior Counsel Jim Campbell at the time. "Replacing 'sex' with 'gender identity,' as the Sixth Circuit and the EEOC have done, is a dramatic change. What it means to be male or female shifts from a biological reality based in anatomy and physiology to a subjective perception."(Read more)
- Father God, we lift up the Supreme Court as it reviews the three related cases, all noted in the full text of this article. We ask Your wisdom to lead the Justices as they weigh the evidence against the true law of the land. We ask in Your name, amen.
- "Male and female He created them." (Genesis 1:27)
"These are the things you shall do: speak each man the truth to his neighbor; give judgement in your gates for truth, justice, and peace." (Zechariah 8:16)
5. Female Athlete Speaks Out Against Transgender Equality Act - Breitbart
In this era of #MeToo where women are supposed to be somehow getting their due consideration in society, one place where women have become second class citizens is in women's sports where men claiming to be transgender have been taking away sports titles from girls all across the country.
Connecticut high schooler Selina Soule, who was beaten in a track event by two boys who claim to be "transitioning" to girls, addressed the issue in a new video slamming federal bill HR5, The Equality Act, that would force every school in the nation to allow boys to compete as girls. "I will not be quiet about this. HR5, The Equality Act will impose a nationwide transgender athletics policy on America," Soule said. "It will endanger women and girls of all ages by opening up every sports team in the country to any male who self-identifies as female."
This year, two transgender students, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, took 1st and 2nd place in the 2019 Connecticut State Championships in Girls Track. The two boys who claim they are transitioning to become girls launched a wide conversation with many natural-born girls saying that the two boys were too powerful for any girl to beat and that it was unfair to allow them to compete as girls. The fact that the two boys so easily won the state championships lends credence to the complaints.
Soule posted her own video to Youtube to explain her side of the transgender story. "We all watched in surprise, as our chances to win vanished," Soule says in her Youtube video. Soule also slammed the media for mistreating the real girls in the case. "The media has been even worse, attacking us and portraying girls as sore losers," Soule said. "And that we should try harder. We do train very hard, but when a mediocre boy athlete can outperform the best girl out there, any day, because of their physical superiority, we are just losers, not sore losers." (Read more)
- Lord, yet again we pray that the "Equality Act- HR 5" will not be adopted, and that You will prevent the harm coming to female athletes from males who compete against them.
- "Truth shall be your shield and buckler." (Psalm 91:4c)
6. Military academies to ban transgender students - The Statesman
The elite academies that educate officers for the nation's armed forces have begun to implement the Trump administration's ban on transgender service members.
The U.S. Naval Academy will ban people who are transgender from attending the school, beginning with the 2020 school year. The Defense Department confirmed that change to the Capital Gazette newspaper on Monday. The school in Annapolis, Maryland, currently accepts transgender students and retains midshipmen who transition to another gender.
The administration's new policy took effect last week, stripping transgender troops of rights to serve openly and denying servicemen and women medical care if they choose to transition to another gender. The Obama administration had lifted restrictions on transgender service members in 2016, allowing them to serve openly, and covered gender affirmation surgery. A current Naval Academy student, Midshipman Regan Kibby, is one of six service members suing the Trump administration over its ban.
The U.S. Coast Guard has also implemented the new policy, as of April 12, the agency states on its website. Coast Guard Academy spokesman David Santos confirmed in an email Wednesday that the policy change applies to the school in New London, Connecticut. A lengthy explanation on the Coast Guard's website states that past medical treatment, such as gender-reassignment surgery or hormone therapy, may disqualify future applicants from joining up. (Read more)
- Father, we praise You that this ban was finally enacted. We know that there are souls involved, so we pray for every member of our armed forces that considered themselves transgender and ask for You to touch their minds and hearts to repent for Your Kingdom.
- "I will give you a new heart and put a new Spirit within you." (Ezekiel 36:26a)
7. Ben Carson and HUD Are Reportedly About To Shut the Door on Illegals Gaming the System- Western Journal
Perhaps just as impactful as illegal migration across our nation's porous southern border is the manner in which some of those illegal aliens proceed to game the system. Once across the border, some illegal immigrants take advantage of taxpayer-funded government benefits that are intended solely for American citizens. Accordingly - and in line with President Donald Trump's "America First" policy - some government departments and agencies are looking closely for ways in which they can change certain rules or close various loopholes to stop this exploitation. (Read more)
- Lord, thank You for this decision to stop the willful acts against the American system. We ask that if this action goes through, You will protect it from the enemy, and allow it to accomplish what is needed.
- "So shall my Word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)
8. Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, YouTube Working on 'Global Censorship Database' - Newsbusters
Social media platforms and Big Tech companies have been slowly working to censor content on their platforms more efficiently.
Emma Llanso, Director of Free Expression at the Center for Democracy and Technology, wrote in an op-ed for Wired that the response to the New Zealand mass shooting in March brought the internet to a terrifying reality. Tech companies have only emphasized more "increasingly centralized and opaque censorship of the global internet."
Llanso pointed out that Facebook's announcement detailing plans of countering terrorism is already taking steps towards automatic censorship. The Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism, composed of Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter and YouTube, was launched in 2017 to help sites regulate themselves and remove content that could potentially be illegal.
However, the forum has "a shared database of hashes of files identified by the participating companies to be "extreme and egregious" terrorist content." Facebook wrote in a blog post on March 18 that it was adding more content to this database. The company stressed "industry cooperation" and wrote that it helpfully "identified abusive content" on other sites. (Read more)
- Lord, let all who love freedom see this plan to censor people and understand the dangers of it for any society.
- "For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind." (John 9:39)
9. You Might Have Missed Trump's Heartfelt Easter Message Every Christian Should Hear - Western Journal
Despite a hectic Holy Week within the White House, staff shakeups and scandals gave way to a faith-focused message from President Donald Trump on Friday morning. Honoring the Jewish tradition of Passover, which began that day, and the Christian celebration of Easter to follow, Trump delivered prepared remarks posted to the White House's Facebook page.
"My fellow Americans, at this holy time of the year, families across our nation gather in homes, churches and synagogues to light candles and to praise God," he said. He began by describing the "sacred holiday of Passover," celebrated by Jewish members of his family including daughter and son-in-law Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner. Trump said the holiday is celebrated by families around the world who "give thanks to God for liberating the Jewish people from bondage in Egypt and delivering them to the promised land of Israel."
Shifting to the season's Christian holiday, the president emphasized the importance of Easter to the faith. "For Christians, we remember the suffering and death of God's only son and his glorious resurrection on the third day," Trump said. "On Easter Sunday, we proclaim with joy 'Christ is risen.'"
The two holidays serve to "remind us that God's love redeems the world," Trump said. He added that this sentiment is expressed in the earliest scriptures of the Judeo-Christian tradition. "Almost 3,000 years ago, the prophet Isaiah wrote, 'Darkness covers the earth, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. For the Lord will be your everlasting light,'" Trump said. He said that America has shown a commitment to adhering to that guiding principle.
"In America, we look to the light of God to guide our steps," he said. "We trust in the power of the Almighty for wisdom and strength and we praise our Heavenly Father for the blessings of freedom and the gift of eternal life." (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You that You have given us a head of state who is so open about His Christian faith. May his graceful demeanor draw many to find You, too, as their Savior and Lord.
- "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile."
10. President Trump and First Lady Melania Attended Easter Service at the Church Where They Were Married - Breaking Christian News
The President tweeted happy Easter to his many followers earlier in the morning, adding "I have never been happier or more content because your Country is doing so well."
The president also tweeted about the terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka, saying "we stand ready to help!" Explosions at churches and hotels in that nation killed more than 200 people. No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks; Sri Lanka's defense minister described the bombings as a terrorist attack by religious extremists.
The President, first lady Melania Trump, and daughter Tiffany attended the morning services at the Episcopal church. It's the same church where he and the first lady were married in 2005.
"Happy Easter everybody, have a great day," Trump said upon his arrival at the church. "A lot of great things are happening for our country." (Read more)
- Thank You, Lord, for this cheerful Easter greeting from the President of the United States. May he be blessed in all he says and does. Amen!
- "The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." (Numbers 6:24-26)
|The Daily Jot|
Monday, April 22, 2019
The coup-makers frenzy
Rasmussen Reports is the only reliable source that is tacking presidential approval ratings across America. It indicates that the three day average prior to April before the redacted Mueller Report was released to the public President Donald Trump's approval rating was 53%. After the release, the average dropped to 49%, despite no new revelations against the President. During that time, the news media and the Democratic Party leadership doubled down on their "obstruction" narrative and started reading the "impeachment" word from their shared talking points. This is evidence of the power of the negative attacks in just a few hours. It is also the markings of one more coup attempt by the neo-communists.
Abandoned is any pretense of the facts. Just as predicted by The Daily Jot, these coup-makers are pointing toward the part in the report about not exonerating Trump on obstruction of justice, although not finding enough grounds to suggest legal action against the president or his associates. So now the leftists in Congress believe they know better than the person they essentially hand-picked to conduct an investigation that they believed would affirm their wildest accusations. It didn't, leaving the door open for further Congressional investigations, subpoenas and, of course, continued media bombardment that the president is a criminal.
This totally ignores the facts, AND the need to get on with working to solve some of the very challenges America elected both these Congressional obstructionists and the president to solve. Mueller, however, left the door wide open for the coup-makers to continue their obstruction of government and communist-style investigations at taxpayer expense for as long as they would like. But the report "identifies no actions that, in our judgment, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent, each of which, under the Department's principles of federal prosecution guiding charging decisions, would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to establish an obstruction-of justice offense."
It doesn't matter to the coup-makers. They are playing the public opinion game. In a 24-hour period, they chipped away at the president's job approval rating, and they will continue their false and negative narrative so long as they see it working. . So the coup will continue with the coup-makers demanding further investigations. It is time We the People demand an end to this nonsensical cover up to the dastardly doings with Russia by the Clintons, the immediate past president and the Democratic National Committee. But then again, as Jeremiah 6:14 states, "They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people lightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace."
Have a blessed and powerful day,
The Daily Jot Staff
|The Sri Lanka Massacre|
The Sri Lanka Massacre
On Easter Sunday, around 8:45 AM local time in Sri Lanka, a series of blasts took place in three Christian churches where congregants were celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and His VICTORY over DEATH! Explosions also occurred at three Colombo hotels: the Cinnamon Grand, the Shangri-La Hotel, and the Kingsbury Hotel, and at the Dehiwala Zoo in Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, and a house in Colombo.
Our hearts are broken over the senseless bombings that took place in these eight "coordinated terrorist attacks" in this island nation. We weep over pictures showing the pain, anguish and suffering of those who lost loved ones in these inhuman acts of destruction . . . in what should be "safe places" for families to gather and celebrate together . . .churches and restaurants.
Christians are a minority in Sri Lanka, and the majority of Christians in the country are Roman Catholic, who would be worshipping at their churches when the attacks took place on one of Christianity's holiest days. Authorities said they had received word that the terrorists planned to target churches with suicide attacks, but nothing was done about it.
The attacks were conducted by people wearing suicide bombs and mark some of the worst violence the country has seen since the end of its civil war a decade ago. As the death toll continues to rise, the Sri Lankan government has identified a small Islamist terrorist organization as the group behind the assault. They suspect the organization had outside help, which enabled them to carry off coordinated bombings on opposite sides of the country.
- For those who mourn their beloved family members, that the peace of God, which passes all understanding will guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
- That those who have done this will be brought to justice and this assault on Christians will cease.
- For forgiveness for the lack of action on the government's part, which provided an opportunity for this massacre to take place!
Such actions . . . which have claimed the lives of nearly 300 people and injured 500 others . . . make no sense to sane people! Asking us to love such people, to bless them, to do good to them and to pray for them is the last thing most of us would ever think of doing . . . but that is what Jesus taught!
- "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." (Luke 23:34)
- "Forgive as the Lord forgives you! " (Colossians 3:13)
- "Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 1:31-32)
24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network
CHPP Bible Readathon
|Our Weekly Bible Study|
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, April 21st - Saturday, April 27, 2019
Torah portion reading for the week of April 22nd:
Matzot ~ Unleavened Bread
Laura Densmore Program Director Hebraic Heritage Ministries
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
O FOR A THOUSAND TONGUES TO SING
"I . . . heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands." (Revelation 5:11)
O for a thousand tongues to sing My great Redeemer's praise, The glories of my God and king, The triumphs of His grace!
My gracious master and my God, Assist me to proclaim, To spread through all the earth abroad The honors of Thy name.
Jesus! the name that charms our fears, That bids our sorrows cease; 'Tis music in the sinner's ears, 'Tis life, and health, and peace.
He breaks the power of canceled sin, He sets the prisoner free; His blood can make the foulest clean, His blood availed for me.
He speaks, and, listening to His voice, New life the dead receive, The mournful, broken hearts rejoice, The humble poor believe.
Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb, Your loosened tongues employ; Ye blind, behold your Savior come, And leap, ye lame, for joy.
In Christ your head, you then shall know, Shall feel your sins forgiven; Anticipate your heaven below, And own that love is heaven.
Glory to God, and praise and love Be ever, ever given, By saints below and saints above, The church in earth and Heaven.
On this glad day the glorious sun Of righteousness arose; On my benighted soul He shone And filled it with repose.
Sudden expired the legal strife, 'Twas then I ceased to grieve; My second, real, living life I then began to live.
Then with my heart I first believed, Believed with faith divine, Power with the Holy Ghost received To call the Savior mine.
I felt my Lord's atoning blood Close to my soul applied; Me, me He loved, the Son of God, For me, for me He died!
> > > To read all the lyrics to this ancient hymn, please go here.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Charles Wesley, 1739
Melody: Carl G. Gläser, 1828
About the Hymn:
Wesley wrote this hymn to commemorate the first anniversary of his conversion to Christ. (Read more here.)
Signs and Wonders
Confirmed tornado in Fairfax County, VA, damages homes, cars
A tornado touched down in Fairfax County, Virginia, on Friday evening, officials confirmed, bringing down trees and power lines in the Reston area - where severe damage led to a home being condemned.
On Saturday, the National Weather Service confirmed that the tornado produced a "discontinuous line of damage" along a 4-mile path for about five minutes shortly before 9 p.m. Friday.
The tornado was rated as an EF0 tornado, which is relatively weak on the Enhanced Fujita scale, which rates tornadoes on their peak intensity. With peak winds of 70 mph and a maximum wind paths of 100 yards, the tornado traveled from north to northeast.
Even though considered weak on the scale, the tornado still left damage in its path.
. . . Forecasters had issued a tornado warning for the area just before 9 p.m. on Friday, when Doppler radar from nearby Sterling indicated rotation within a storm moving northward between the Reston and Fairfax County parkways.
Hofmann said survey teams found trees fallen in a pattern suggestive of winds in a "swirling motion," evidence which helped them prove that a tornado was responsible.
"We've determined that the damage pattern was convergent, meaning the trees and debris that were blown around were blown towards each other in a swirling motion," Hofmann said. "That corroborates and agrees with what we saw on radar here, which suggested rotating winds which would be a tornado." (WTOP News) Read more and view photos here.