Special Conference Call:
Honoring the Ten Days of Awe:
September 21-30, 9-10 am Eastern
Call: 712-432-0075 Code: 6149782#
Sponsored by PrayerSurgeNow.
Go here for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, September 18, 2017
"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
United Together . . . Under the Cross of Christ . . .
Harvey; Irma; Jose; Maria . . .
1. Hurricane Jose Could Threaten New York Next Week, NHC Says - Bloomberg
Note: Trump meeting with Netanyahu, Abbas and King Abduallh of Jordan on Tuesday and Wednesday in New York City on sidelines of UN meetings.
Hurricane Jose may threaten New York City and other areas of the East Coast by next week, according to the National Hurricane Center.
The storm, about 550 miles (885 kilometers) south-southeast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, strengthened into a Category 1 hurricane Friday as it churned through the Atlantic Ocean. Jose's path could put it near New Jersey and New York by Wednesday morning, though it may weaken to a tropical storm again by then, the center said. (Read more)
- Merciful Father, we cry out to you for relief from these successive storms. We honor You as Lord of Heaven and Earth and repent on our faces for the sins we and our country have committed against You. We ask You to send this storm harmlessly out to sea to dissipate and not cause any damage. May it send rain only to places where it is needed and may Your people seek You with renewed resolve to live their lives in ways that honor You.
- "And said, O Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:" (2 Chronicles 6:14)
2. Trump meets with Hurricane Irma responders and victims in Florida - ABC News
President Donald Trump met with emergency responders in Florida today, thanking them for what he called their "incredible" work after Hurricane Irma hit the state over the weekend.
The president and first lady Melania Trump - both sporting white baseball hats -- were greeted on the tarmac by Vice President Mike Pence, who landed a bit before the Trumps; Florida Gov. Rick Scott and his wife; Florida Sen. Marco Rubio; state Attorney General Pam Bondi; and the Federal Emergency Management Agency's administrator, Brock Long.
"People thought thousands and thousands of people may have their lives ended, and the number is a very small number, which is a great tribute to you," Trump said to the first responders. He praised FEMA and the Coast Guard and "the job you've done in saving people and saving lives." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for a President who can take time out of his very important schedule to see the devastation of these two storms and give aid and encouragement to both the victims of the storms and the relief workers. We pray that a Godly spirit of hope and cooperation and will prevail as the people affected rebuild their lives and businesses. We pray that all who have seen or experienced the aftermath of these storms will be given Your strength to return and renew their cities.
- "And they shall rebuild the old ruins, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the ruined cities, the desolations of many desolations." (Isaiah 61:4)
3. Hurricane Jose lurks off the East Coast, Tropical Storm Maria threatens the Caribbean - Washington Post (Sept. 16, 2017)
Even though landfall is uncertain, Hurricane Jose's impact will begin as early as Sept. 18 in the Carolinas.
No rest for the weary
Tropical storm action in the Atlantic remains extremely active. Tropical Storm Lee was named Saturday morning off the African coast, to the west of the Cabo Verde Islands. Out ahead of Lee, a potentially more ominous low-pressure disturbance is gathering steam. Likely to soon be christened Maria, this area of organized convection is showing signs of intensification. It is presently tracking due west toward the Lesser Antilles.
Unfortunately, conditions similar to those that allowed Hurricane Irma to intensify and track through parts of the island chain are still more or less in place. Current model projections are certainly concerning for a region still reeling. The National Hurricane Center is forecasting a hurricane in the days ahead, and it is possible some places could take a second direct hit from a major hurricane over the coming week. (Read more)
- Father God, in this very active hurricane season, there IS "no rest for the weary," indeed! We ask that You fill all the meteorologists with Your JOY, which is our strength, and help them to be as accurate as possible in their work. And Father God, please move all these storms out to sea, in Your name, amen.
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
4. A Report on Recovery Efforts in Houston - CHPP
To read this on-site report by a former member of our staff who is now deployed with Operation Blessing,please go here. We will publish more reports in the future, as we receive them.
5. Tropical Storm Maria threatens Caribbean; Lee forms in Atlantic - CNN
Tropical Storm Maria formed Saturday in the western Atlantic Ocean, prompting a hurricane watch for areas battered by Hurricane Irma last week.
Maria is about 590 miles east-southeast of the Lesser Antilles and is packing maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. The storm is moving toward the Caribbean at 19 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center. (Read more)
- Father God, once again, we come to You, thanking You for answering our prayers that Harvey and Irma would lessen in their impacts, or move offshore. We ask that You do this again with Maria, Holy One, in Your name, amen and amen.
- "You of little faith," Jesus replied, "why are you so afraid?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it was perfectly calm. (Matthew 8:26)
Focus on Israel
1. Bridges for Peace - Israel Prayer Updates
To read this week's updates, please go here.
2. Netanyahu gears up for meetings with Trump, world leaders - Times of Israel
NEW YORK - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is set to meet a series of world leaders here this week, in addition to his much-anticipated powwow with US President Donald Trump on Monday. On Monday at 1 p.m. local time, the prime minister will meet with Trump in the New York Palace Hotel. Both leaders will make brief statements to the press to open the meeting, before continuing their discussion behind closed doors.
On Tuesday morning, the prime minister is expected to attend Trump's first address to the UN. A few hours later, at around 1:30 p.m., Netanyahu will deliver his own speech.
Speaking to reporters at his hotel in New York on Friday, after wrapping up a trip to Latin America, Netanyahu said that the main message of his UN speech will be that "Israel will not tolerate an Iranian military presence on our northern borders. An [Iranian] military presence endangers not just us, but also our Arab neighbors." (Read more)
- Abba, We ask that You bless Prime Minister Netanyahu with wisdom and discernment during his meetings and speeches. We ask that You guide his every word and give him Your Shalom. We pray for the world leaders that he meets with and ask You to touch their hearts with a deeper love for Israel and a willingness to work together. We ask You to open their ears to hear and eyes to see. We ask that You release Angels to stand in protection over the meetings and destroy any plans of the enemy. We ask all these things in the mighty name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Top IDF Brass Tells US Israel Cannot Handle Iran Alone- Ynet News
The IDF's [Israel Defense Forces] former deputy chief of staff, Maj.-Gen. Yair Golan told a security conference in Washington DC Friday that Israel will not be able to fight against Iran without US assistance, according to reports on the website DefenseNews.
In order to achieve victory over Iran in any possible future military showdown, American help would be essential, he reportedly said during his speech at the Washington Institute.
"We cannot fight Iran alone," Golan was reported as saying in the online publication. "They can affect us; we can affect them. It's all about attrition. But if you want to gain something which is deeper, we cannot do it alone. This is a fact of life. It's better to admit that."
4. Mossad chief said pushing to 'act now' to prevent Iranian nuclear bomb - Times of Israel
Mossad chief Yossi Cohen is leading Israel's "hawkish line" on Iran, calling for immediate action to ensure that Tehran cannot attain the bomb, an Israeli TV report said Sunday.
The report came as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu prepared to address the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday, with his focus to again be on confronting Iran.
Channel 2 on Sunday paraphrased Cohen as asserting that "Today's Iran is the North Korea of yesterday, and so we need to act now so that we don't wake up to [an Iranian] bomb."
5. Fewer Golan Druze seeking Israeli citizenship as Assad tightens grip - Israel Hayom
The number of Druze in the Golan Heights applying for Israeli citizenship has markedly dropped in 2017, coinciding with the seemingly inevitable victory for Syrian President Bashar Assad in the Syrian civil war, Israel Hayom has discovered.
The Interior Ministry's Population Registry records only 69 Druze from the Golan Heights being naturalized so far in 2017, compared to 183 in 2016. Since the start of the war in 2011, this number had increased each year, peaking in 2016.
6. 'Supreme Court has overstepped its authority - this must stop' - Israel National News
Education Minister Naftali Bennett unveiled a new plan Sunday drawn up in conjunction with Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked (Jewish Home) aimed at combating judicial activism by the Supreme Court.
Last week, the Jewish Home ministers announced their plans to reach a "constitutional solution" to restore balance between the judiciary and the legislative branch, following a string of high-profile decisions by the high court nullifying Knesset laws and government policies.
On Sunday, Bennett discussed some of the elements of the new proposal being formed to limit the Supreme Court's ability to strike down Knesset laws.
7. Seven arrested for planning mob hit on Jerusalem resident - Times of Israel
Police on Sunday said they had arrested seven mob members who were planning to carry out a hit on a Jerusalem resident.
The arrests came three weeks ago, but details were only now permitted for publication.
The seven were from a group known as the "Jerusalem gang." The suspects, including the alleged leader of the gang Yitzhak Bar-Moha, face charges of conspiracy to commit a crime.
8. Hamas says it accepts Abbas's reconciliation demands - Times of Israel
The Hamas terrorist group said early Sunday that it had accepted key conditions demanded by its rival, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, including nationwide elections in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, to clear the way for a reconciliation deal after a 10-year rift that has left the Palestinians divided. In a statement issued overnight, Hamas said it was "responding to the generous Egyptian efforts, which reflect the Egyptian desire to end the split and achieve reconciliation, and based on our desire to achieve national unity."
The Daily Brief
1. North Korea launches missile over Japan - CNN
In a major show of defiance to the international community, North Korea fired a ballistic missile over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido Friday. The launch is the second to fly over Japan in less than a month, and the first since North Korea's sixth nuclear test and new United Nations sanctions on the country. North Korean state media has yet to reference the launch, but a commentary published in the Rodong Sinmun newspaper Friday said "no matter how strong the pressure is, it doesn't work on us."
Tokyo and Washington will be seeking to up that pressure at the United Nations Friday, with the two governments calling a snap meeting of the Security Council for Friday afternoon, ahead of the General Assembly next week.
Speaking after the launch, the first since North Korea's sixth nuclear test, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said the launch was "totally unacceptable" and went against "the international community's strong, united will for a peaceful solution."
Friday's missile test follows the release of a statement Wednesday, in which the North Korean state news agency KCNA threatened the "four islands of the (Japanese) archipelago should be sunken into the sea by the nuclear bomb of Juche," referring to the ruling ideology of North Korea. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray for this intense evil spirit in the leadership of North Korea to be bound and broken under the Blood of Jesus. Father, Your will be done regarding the after effects of this launch of a missile over Japan. Hold back the arm of wickedness by Your power and stop this war-like spirit from inciting a war in this area of the world. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed." (Isaiah 9:16)
2. Haley: Kim Jong Un 'begging for war' - The Hill
U.S. United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley said Monday that North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un, is "begging for war" with his "abusive use of missiles."
During an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council, Haley said "enough is enough," comments which come after North Korea said Sunday that it has successfully tested a miniaturized hydrogen bomb that can be placed an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).
"The time for half measures in the security council is over. The time has come to exhaust all of our diplomatic means before it is too late. We must now adopt the strongest possible measures. Kim Jong Un's action cannot be seen as defensive," she said. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that You will dethrone the king demon in the air over North Korea by the mighty power of Jesus Christ and cast him down into a pit of destruction. Father, assign an angel of the Lord to take the rulership position over this nation and set up his holy kingdom by defeating every evil kingdom that has ruled North Korea for hundreds of years. Bring down all evil in the Name of Jesus and lift up righteous over this nation. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined." (Isaiah 9:2)
3. As North Korea threat looms, Trump to address world leaders at U.N. - Reuters
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - North Korea's nuclear threat looms large this week over the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations in New York, where diplomats are eager to hear U.S. President Donald Trump address the 193-member body for the first time.
North Korean diplomats will have a front-row seat in the U.N. General Assembly for Trump's speech on Tuesday morning, which will touch on the escalating crisis that has seen Trump and Pyongyang trade threats of military action.
Despite his skepticism about the value of international organizations and the United Nations in particular, Trump will seek support for tough measures against North Korea, while pressing his "America First" message to the world body.
"This is not an issue between the United States and North Korea. This is an issue between the world and North Korea," Trump's national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, said on Friday. (Read more)
-Father, give wisdom to world leaders on how to address the escalating North Korea crisis. We ask for a peaceful solution and full cooperation from North Korea. We ask that, as President Trump addresses the United Nations for the first time in his term of office, these leaders would listen closely to his remarks and honor the position of the United States regarding the threat that North Korea now poses to world peace. In Your Name, amen.
- These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
4. Trump to Jewish leaders: Hopes for 'significant progress' soon on Mideast peace - Times of Israel
During a pre-Rosh Hashanah conference call with American Jewish leaders on Friday, US President Donald Trump said he hoped there would be "significant progress" on the Middle East peace process by the end of the year.
"I am very hopeful that we will see significant progress before the end of the year. Ambassador David Friedman, Jared, Jason and the rest of my team are working very hard to achieve a peace agreement. I think it's something that actually could happen," Trump said, according to a transcript of the call released by the White House.
Trump was referring to his son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner, who introduced the call, and peace envoy Jason Greenblatt. (Read more)
- Lord God of Israel, we trust that You will bring peace to the Middle East by Your great power and Your intervention into the very essence of living in peace in Israel. Father, we pray that everyone recognize that the Land of Israel was promised to the Jewish people by God as a Land free and clear to the twelve tribes of Jacob. The Land belongs to them and we pray that the world community will believe the Word of God and acknowledge this fact. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Therefore shall you keep all the commandments which I (God) command you this day, that you may be strong, and go in and possess the Land, whither you go to possess it; And that you may prolong your days in the Land, which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give unto them and to their seed (children), a Land flowing with milk and honey." (Deuteronomy 11:8-9)
5. London subway attack: Second suspect in custody, police say - Fox News
A second suspect was arrested on Saturday in connection with the subway attack at London's Parsons Green station that left 30 people injured as police investigate the bombing as a coordinated plot, officials said on Sunday.
A 21-year-old man was arrested late Saturday night in Hounslow in west London under the Terrorism Act, authorities said. Another 18-year-old man was arrested earlier in the day at the port of Dover, where ferries leave for France, and is also being held under the Terrorism Act. The suspects' names have not been released and no charges have been filed.
The arrests indicate police and security services believe Friday's attack involved several people.
"We are still pursing numerous lines of enquiry and at a great pace," counter-terrorism coordinator Neil Basu of the London police said late Saturday. (Read more)
- Father God, we lift up the people of London, asking for Your Mighty Hand to protect each one until this danger is passed. We lift up all who are searching for these terrorists, asking that they be found. In Your name, amen.
- "They band themselves together against the life of the righteous And condemn the innocent to death.
But the Lord has been my stronghold, And my God the rock of my refuge."
6. GOP Congress kills legislation banning taxpayer funding of Hamas - WND
Rack up a win for the Council on American-Islamic Relations and a network of other U.S. Islamist organizations controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood. Not only has the Brotherhood thus far managed to avoid the Trump White House designating it a terrorist organization, but its U.S. affiliates still hold enormous sway over the Republican-dominated Congress.
The latest evidence of that fact played out on Capitol Hill last Thursday, in a stunning turn of events that received no coverage from the national media and elicited nary a peep out of the conservative media. Islamic Relief Worldwide, or IRW, a United Kingdom-based humanitarian relief agency with a U.S. chapter, has received hundreds of thousands of dollars in U.S. federal grants in recent years, including $370,000 for the fiscal years 2015 and 2016. Quite naturally, IRW wants to keep the spigot of federal dollars flowing, despite the charity's links to the terrorist group Hamas.
U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., introduced an amendment to the State and Foreign Operations Appropriations Act that would have banned all federal funding of IRW and its affiliates. When they got wind of DeSantis' amendment, CAIR and other Islamist groups blitzed members of Congress with a last-minute lobbying effort to vote against the amendment. House leaders capitulated, withdrawing the amendment last Thursday before it was even brought up for a vote. As a result, Hamas terrorists will continue to have access to federal tax dollars. (Read more)
- Father, this is an outrage. We pray the people cry out against their tax dollars going to a terrorist organization. We need new members of Congress who will do what is right and not be bought with bribes, etc.
- "God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you." (2 Thess. 1:6)
7. Mueller Picks Another Clinton/Obama Donor For Russia Probe Team
- The Daily Caller
Yet another Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama donor has been picked to work on special counsel Robert Mueller's team of Russia investigators. The latest hire is Kyle Freeny, a Justice Department attorney working in the agency's international money laundering unit.
According to Politico, Freeny on Friday attended the grand jury testimony of Jason Maloni, the spokesman for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. Politico notes that Freeny is the 17th attorney identified as a member of Mueller's investigative team.
Freeny, who joined DOJ in 2007, has something in common with at least eight of her Mueller team members. According to documents maintained by the Federal Election Commission, Freeny has donated in each of the past three presidential elections to Democratic nominees, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for a balanced Russia Probe team. We pray for a fair, non-biased team that can finish this investigation and bring this to an end.
- "Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness." (Exodus 23:1)
8. New push to oust Mueller as special counsel - WND
A former Justice Department prosecutor has filed an ethics complaint with the DOJ's Office of Professional Responsibility seeking the removal and prosecution of Special Counsel Robert Mueller over leaks resulting from his grand jury investigation into allegations Russia colluded with the Trump campaign in 2016. Larry Klayman, the founder of Freedom Watch, explained in his complaint that the Justice Department's Office of Professional Responsibility and the inspector general are "charged with investigating and remedying unethical and illegal behavior by the special counsel and other DOJ lawyers and staff." "
Special Counsel Mueller derives his office and powers from the DOJ, as he was appointed, strangely, by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein." Klayman charged Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Rosenstein have "failed and apparently refuse to properly police the illegal grand jury leaks and conflicts of interest of Special Counsel Mueller - putting their own personal, political and professional interests before all else - the job falls upon Freedom Watch and OPR and the IG to represent the interests of the American people for truth and justice."
"If OPR and the IG themselves fail to take action, Freedom Watch will file a court complaint to force them to take appropriate action," Klayman said. He said Mueller must be removed "along with his conflicted staff, and then referred to the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia for criminal prosecution." (Read more)
- Father, we pray Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in this matter. Reveal the source of the leaks. Reveal Mueller's intents and purposes. We pray for ethical behavior on behalf of Special Counsel Mueller.
- " . . . your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."
9. Jeff Sessions can't withhold grant money from sanctuary cities, judge rules - Fox News
A federal judge in Chicago has ruled Attorney General Jeff Sessions can't withhold public grant money from so-called sanctuary cities for refusing to follow federal immigration policies. U.S. District Judge Harry Leinenweber made the ruling Friday, in which he granted Chicago's request for a temporary "nationwide" injunction.
The ruling means the Justice Department cannot deny grant money requests until Chicago's lawsuit against the agency is concluded. Leinenweber wrote that Chicago has shown a "likelihood of success" in its arguments that Sessions overstepped his authority with the requirements.
The city of Chicago sued the Trump administration in August after it threatened to withhold funds from sanctuary cities, and refused to comply with the Justice Department's demand that it allow immigration agents access to local jails and notify agents when someone in the U.S. is about to be released from custody.
The ruling is another blow to Sessions, a longtime champion of tougher immigration laws. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that all the actions of the past administration that is involved herein be cancelled and uprooted from reaching out to thwart what was God's will in the judgment passed down by this judge. Overrule this decision, Lord, and let there be a higher law passed that will be in support of God's purposes to further right justice in this matter. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Because I will publish the Name of the Lord: ascribe you greatness unto your God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He." (Deuteronomy 32:3-4)
10. ALERT!!! Congress votes to call on Trump to denounce hate groups - Reuters
The U.S. Congress passed a resolution late on Tuesday calling on President Donald Trump to condemn hate groups after Trump was criticized for his response to the violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, a month ago. The U.S. House of Representatives unanimously adopted the resolution, U.S. Representative Gerry Connolly, a Democrat from Virginia, said in a statement. The Senate approved the measure on Monday.
"Tonight, the House of Representatives spoke in one unified voice to unequivocally condemn the shameful and hate-filled acts of violence carried out by the KKK (Ku Klux Klan), white nationalists, white supremacists and neo-Nazis in Charlottesville," Connolly said. The joint resolution, passed with the support of both Republicans and Democrats, will go to Trump for his signature. (Read more)
> > > SEE ALSO: This article, posted in Jihad Watch.
- "Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:7)
The Daily Jot
Friday, September 15, 2017
The trend against Christ and liberty
Many point to the social issues in the United States and conclude that Americans are turning away from Jesus Christ. It is an obvious statement. Polls indicate that America is at the very least a type and shadow of 1 Timothy 4:1, "Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." According to Pew Research, "While nationwide surveys in the 1970s and '80s found that fewer than one-in-ten US adults said they had no religious affiliation, fully 23% now describe themselves as atheists, agnostics or "nothing in particular." There is no doubt, Christianity is losing ground. The problem, however, is even deeper and more complex.
Last week, the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) shared the results of its poll of over 100,000 Americans. It indicated that the religions of youth in America are becoming more non-Christian: "At least one-third of Muslims (42%), Hindus (36%), and Buddhists (35%) are under the age of 30. Roughly one-third (34%) of religiously unaffiliated Americans are also under 30." According to an August Annenberg Public Policy Center poll, 37% of Americans could not name any rights guaranteed by the First Amendment; 85% did not know the First Amendment guaranteed freedom of religion; 86% didn't know it guaranteed freedom of the press; and 52% didn't know that freedom of speech was guaranteed.
On January 10, 1963, Congressman Albert S. Herlong Jr. of Florida read a list of 45 Communist goals into the Congressional Record. Number 17 read: "Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism and current Communist propaganda...Put the party line in textbooks." Numbers 27-29 were: "Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch." Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state." Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis."
The infiltration of communist doctrine against our children and us has had a long-term impact on our nation. This, combined with the extra-biblical, self-indulgent and emotional teachings of much of the "Church" in America, and we have a perfect storm. Many people are unaware of the truth of Christ, and as a whole they are ignorant of the fundamental rights that protect the truth of Christ and their very liberty. Moreover, the fastest growing demographic of these aimless souls are among our youth, which in half a generation is our nation. 2 Corinthians 3:17 says, "...where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." In truth, without the Spirit of the Lord, our nation's freedom will fall away. Let us be more diligent and intentional in letting our light shine before men.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
AT THE CROSS
"There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all men." (1 Timothy 2:5-6)
"There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all men." (1 Timothy 2:5-6)
Alas! and did my Savior bleed And did my Sovereign die? Would He devote that sacred head For sinners such as I?
At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light, And the burden of my heart rolled away, It was there by faith I received my sight, And now I am happy all the day!
Thy body slain, sweet Jesus, Thine- And bathed in its own blood- While the firm mark of wrath divine, His Soul in anguish stood.
Was it for crimes that I had done He groaned upon the tree? Amazing pity! grace unknown! And love beyond degree!
Well might the sun in darkness hide And shut his glories in, When Christ, the mighty Maker died, For man the creature's sin.
Thus might I hide my blushing face While His dear cross appears, Dissolve my heart in thankfulness, And melt my eyes to tears.
But drops of grief can ne'er repay The debt of love I owe: Here, Lord, I give my self away 'Tis all that I can do.
Go here . . .
About the Author:
Words: Isaac Watts, 1707.
Melody: Hugh Wilson, 1800
About the Hymn:
[In] the autumn of 1850 revival meetings were being held in the Thirtieth Street Methodist Church [, New York City]. Some of us went down every evening; and, on two occasions, I sought peace at the atlar [sic], but did not find the joy I craved, until one evening, November 20, 1850, it seemed to me that the light must indeed come then or never; and so I arose and went to the altar alone. After a prayer was offered, they began to sing the grand old consecration hymn, "Alas, and did my Saviour bleed, And did my Sovereign die?" And when they reached the third line of the fourth [sic] stanza, "Here Lord, I give myself away," my very soul was flooded with a celestial light. I sprang to my feet, shouting "hallelujah," and then for the first time I realized that I had been trying to hold the world in one hand and the Lord in the other.
Signs and Wonders
The Arctic is showing stunning winter warmth
and these scientists think they know why
Last month, temperatures in the high Arctic spiked dramatically, some 36 degrees Fahrenheit above normal -- a move that corresponded with record low levels of Arctic sea ice during a time of year when this ice is supposed to be expanding during the freezing polar night.
And now this week we're seeing another huge burst of Arctic warmth. A buoy close to the North Pole just reported temperatures close to the freezing point of 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 Celsius), which is 10s of degrees warmer than normal for this time of year. Although it isn't clear yet, we could now be in for another period when sea ice either pauses its spread across the Arctic ocean, or reverses course entirely.
But these bursts of Arctic warmth don't stand alone -- last month, extremely warm North Pole temperatures corresponded with extremely cold temperatures over Siberia. This week, meanwhile, there are large bursts of un-seasonally cold air over Alaska and Siberia once again.
(View more here)
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
Biblical Type Miracle?
What Happened in Tampa Bay as Hurricane Irma Roared Through
Hurricane Irma caused massive flooding as it ripped its way through Florida and the Caribbean last week-but not for everyone. Tampa Bay residents experienced a bizarre phenomenon that some believe comes straight out of the Bible.
Instead of pummeling Tampa Bay with massive waves, Hurricane Irma's powerful winds sucked the water away from the shoreline.
"Huge parcels of the Bay became dry enough to walk on," Tampa Bay resident Aly Yohn told CBN News. "People were stunned! Manatees got beached because the water receded so fast, and people had to walk out into the bay, put them onto tarps and pull them further out to water," she said. (CBN) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at email@example.com for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]