Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, September 11, 2017
" . . . and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
To help sustain our work, please go here. Thank you!
. . . . . . Never . . . forget . . . . . .
Hurricane Irma (SHALOM)
Hurricane Irma (SHALOM)
As we go to press, this hurricane is still spinning across the State of Florida, with high winds and heavy rain and surges along the coast. But the GOOD NEWS is that this hurricane is rapidly weakening, from a Cat 5 to a Cat 2 (midnight on Sunday) and smaller as the hours go past. It is moving rapidly up the coast, and will move INLAND by Tuesday morning, as a mere tropical storm.
Although many tonight are without power, and have evacuated to safety, we praise God that He has once again heard and is answering our prayers that this storm will abate and dissipate quickly, harming as few as possible. In the meantime, we continue to pray for all first responders who are working to bring order in this storm, and to keep all safe from harm.
- Thank You, Father God, that You are with us in the storm. Hear our prayers, O Lord, and continue to hover over all others who will be impacted by this storm in other states in the southeast region of our nation. Thank You, Father, amen and amen.
- "The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood, And the Lord sits as King forever. The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace." (Psalm 29:10,11)
In the News . . .
1. Trump huddles with Cabinet over Irma; Pence vows 'We'll be there' - Fox News
President Trump and his team on Sunday were closely monitoring Hurricane Irma from Camp David and Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters, with Vice President Pence saying the president has "great concern" and that wherever the storm goes, "we'll be there first."
Pence spoke while he and several other Cabinet members visited FEMA headquarters in Washington, D.C., as the storm took aim at Florida.
"Wherever Hurricane Irma goes, we'll be there first [with] the resources and support to save lives and to help and recover," Pence told reporters. "This is a very dangerous storm, life-threatening. Clearly, the briefing this morning caused the president to have great concern. The people of Florida need to know that our hearts and prayers and all of our efforts will be with them until this storm passes." (Read more)
2. Hurricane Irma poses toughest test for U.S. nuclear industry since Fukushima - Reuters
Hurricane Irma will pose the toughest test yet for U.S. nuclear power plants since reactors strengthened their defenses against natural disasters following the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident in Japan in 2011.
The operator, Florida Power & Light (FPL), has said it will shut Turkey Point well before hurricane-strength winds reach the plant. The reactors are about 30 miles (42 kilometers) south of Miami.
FPL said it will also shut the other nuclear plant in Florida at St Lucie, which also has two reactors on a barrier island on the state's east coast, about 120 miles (193 km) north of Miami.
FPL said both Turkey Point and St Lucie were designed to withstand storms stronger than any ever recorded in the region and both plants are elevated 20 feet (6 meters) above sea level to protect against flooding and extreme storm surges. (Read more)
3. Irma's center nears Tampa after unleashing damaging winds, floods in march up Florida - Fox News
By Travis Fedschun, Nicole Darrah Published September 10, 2017 Fox News Now Playing Eye of Hurricane Irma passed over Naples, Florida Close Tampa and surrounding areas were bracing late Sunday for the brunt of Hurricane Irma after the Category-2 storm walloped South Florida with menacing winds and powerful storm surge.
"Let's just say a prayer we hope we make it through," Sally Carlson told The Associated Press from St. Petersburg. "I've been here with other storms, other hurricanes. But this one scares me."
Florida as the state continues to brace for the now-Category 2 storm's strong, 105-mph winds and flooding. The storm ravaged the Florida Keys as a Category 4 hurricane earlier in the day before being downgraded. (Read more)
4. Hurricane Irma sucks away Tampa Bay water - Fox News
Winds from Hurricane Irma are so strong they sucked the water out of Tampa Bay Sunday morning.
The winds from Irma pushed the water out of the harbor, leaving a mix of sludge and puddles in its place, Fox News' Jillian Mele said.
"The worrisome part will be later when the winds start pushing the water back," Fox News senior meteorologist Janice Dean said. (Read more)
5. Track Hurricane Irma - Fox News
6. More than 5.4 million without power in Florida as Hurricane Irma slams into Gulf Coast - Tallahassee Democrat
Read details here.
7. Hurricane Jose passes Puerto Rico, spares Caribbean islands - Fox News
As Hurricane Irma made landfall Sunday in Florida, the center of Hurricane Jose moved past Puerto Rico and away from the Caribbean Islands, sparing residents there further damage.
Jose remained as a Category 4 hurricane and passed "well north" of Puerto Rico, the National Hurricane Center reported, with its buoy showing 110 mph wind gusts. The storm is about 250 miles north-northwest of the Northern Leeward Islands as of Sunday morning.
Jose is expected to weaken in the next few days as it spirals northwest and away from the northern Leeward Islands. (Read more)
8. End of Days? Eclipse, Hurricanes, Wildfires, and Now Earthquakes and Tsunami in Mexico - Breaking Israel News
Initial waves were recorded at the Mexican cities of Salina Cruz, Puerto Madero, and Huatulco between 0.3 and 0.7 meters over tide level. They predicted waves between 0.3 and 1 meters for the Cook Islands, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guatemala, and Kiribati. Waves below 0.3 meters were forecast for countries as far as Australia, Japan, and Vietnam.
This is the most recent in a wave of major natural disasters in that part of the world. Texas suffered the costliest natural disaster in US history when Hurrican Harvey slammed into the Gulf Coast two weeks ago. The hurricane dumped a record 51.88 inches of rain, causing 38 deaths and $190 billion damage from the massive flooding.
In the wake of the hurricane-generated disaster, less attention has been given to wildfires raging across eight states in the western United States, forcing thousands to flee their homes. Millions of acres of forest have been burned in the past week, creating hazardous breathing conditions in many parts of the Pacific Northwest. In California, the La Tuna fire near Burbank has burned nearly 7,200 acres, becoming the largest fire ever recorded in Los Angeles in terms of area. (Read more)
"It will be a time of trouble, the like of which has never been since the nation came into being. At that time, your people will be rescued, all who are found inscribed in the book." (Daniel 12:1)
Focus on Israel
1. Israel Prayer Update - Bridges for Peace
2. Friday Prayer Alert - Intercessors for Israel
To read Friday's alert, please go here.
3. Syria vows to retaliate against Israeli strike targeting military site - Israel Hayom
Three days after Israeli warplanes were alleged to have attacked a weapons manufacturing facility in Syria, the Syrian regime, under the leadership of President Bashar Assad, has vowed to retaliate.
The regime accused Israel of carrying out the strike last week on the facility in the Syrian town of Maysaf. According to various reports, the targeted facility had been used to manufacture and assemble long-range missiles and other advanced weapons, some of which were reportedly slated for delivery to Hezbollah in southern Lebanon.
Foreign news outlets reported that the strike specifically targeted structures where work was being done to improve the precision of the long-range missiles and rockets.
4. Expansion plan for east J'lm neighborhood 'a severe blow to two-state' solution - Jerusalem Post
The Local Committee for Planning and Construction in the Jerusalem Municipality will discuss on Sunday a plan to expand the Jewish neighborhood of Nof Zion in the city's east by 176 housing units.
If the plan is approved, Nof Zion will the biggest among the Jewish neighborhoods in Jerusalem within an Arab neighborhood.
For now, there are 91 housing units in the neighborhood, which is surrounded by the southeastern Arab neighborhood of Jebl Mukaber.
5. Palestinians call for ouster of Greek Orthodox patriarch - Times of Israel
Some 200 demonstrators rallied Saturday outside the Greek Orthodox patriarchate in Jerusalem's Old City. Some raised banners reading "Theophilos is unworthy." The church is one of the largest real estate owners in the Holy Land. It is dominated by Greek clergy while the flock is overwhelmingly Palestinian.
Activists have presented documents they say show the patriarch sold land in Jerusalem and elsewhere in sweetheart deals. They demand that the church open its books and that the patriarch resign. Last month, about 300 Palestinian Christians and lay groups filed a complaint against Theophilos with the Palestinian Authority's attorney general, accusing him of "selling land to the enemy."
6. Ex-defense minister calls for Netanyahu to resign 'immediately' - Times of Israel
Former defense minister Moshe Ya'alon on Saturday called on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to resign immediately over a corruption case into a multi-billion-shekel purchase of naval vessels from Germany that has ensnared a number of close associates of the premier.
While Netanyahu is not a suspect in the investigation, which is known as Case 3000, Ya'alon said the corruption alleged in the probe is harming the country and undermining the public's confidence in Israel's leadership.
"People don't understand how much the corruption harms all of us. Think about what you could with two billion euros instead of going with a deal for naval vessels that there is no need for," said Ya'alon at a cultural event in Netanya.
7. Netanyahu embarks on historic visit to Latin America - World Israel News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to embark Sunday evening on an historic visit to Latin America, the first such official visit by a sitting Israeli prime minister. The agenda includes visits to Argentina, Colombia and Mexico, highlighting Israel's high-tech expertise.
Paraguayan President Horacio Cartes will travel to Buenos Aires to meet with Netanyahu, who will be accompanied by a delegation of Israeli entrepreneurs in the fields of agriculture, water, communications and energy.
Members of the delegation will hold commercial meetings with their local counterparts. Economic events will also be held in Argentina and Mexico, led by Netanyahu and the Argentine and Mexican heads of state.
8. Special Prayer Request - Bridges for Peace
Pray for Bridges for Peace as Hurricanes Ravage
Our Bridges for Peace national office in America appears at this point to be directly in the path of mega-hurricane Irma. . . PLEASE PRAY for our national office in Florida, our Bridges for Peace team in all of these embattled areas, as well as for our precious donors who have so faithfully supported our work and are now facing hardship because of the storms.
- (May this prayer also be offered for all who are now victims of these raging storms.)
Cry out for our Bridges for Peace office in the US and the safety of all those who are affected by storms, floods, hurricanes, winds and trauma. Pray for sound minds, hearts to be calm, wisdom, strength and courage and for some to take ownership of the situation to guide those in distress. Pray for food resources, old people, lonely people, homeless people, babies and small children. Ask God to strengthen His children from deeply within to be a light in the crises. Lift up and give thanks for all the good Samaritans that opened their homes to shelter strangers.
- "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior . . ."
- Isaiah 43:2-3a
The Daily Brief
1. Trump to meet Netanyahu and Abbas on sidelines of UN to advance peace talks - Haaretz.com
U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in two weeks, to discuss his planned peace initiative, senior Israeli and Palestinian officials told Haaretz.
Senior Israeli and Palestinian officials, who asked to remain anonymous, said discussions are now being held about the exact dates of the meetings, which will apparently take place between September 17 and 19.
Trump is still determined to try to achieve the "ultimate deal" between Israel and the Palestinians. A few weeks ago, he told his senior aides on the issue - his son-in-law Jared Kushner, special envoy to the peace process Jason Greenblatt and U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman - that achieving an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal is still one of his top foreign policy priorities. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You be directly present when each of these leaders meet with each other, on two separate occasions. We ask that You guide President Trump with Your mighty hand, that he speak only the words in front of both other men that You would have him utter. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations."
2. Trump Admin Considering Demanding Israel Give Back Key U.S. Military Aid - Free Beacon
The Trump administration is considering forcing Israel to hand back some $75 million in U.S. aid dollars that were awarded by Congress following a hotly contested effort by the Obama administration to financially limit the U.S.-Israel military alliance, according to senior Congressional sources and others familiar with the situation.
Congress allocated Israel an additional $75 million in U.S. aid last year, bringing the total package to around $38 billion, despite attempts by the Obama administration to restrict Israeli efforts to lobby Congress in favor of greater funding for several key military projects. Lawmakers had objected to the Obama administration's last minute Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Israel, which capped U.S. aid dollars to the Jewish state and included a provision barring Israel from requesting greater financial assistance from the U.S. Congress.
Now, the Trump administration is considering forcing Israel to hand back the extra $75 million in order to stay in line with the Obama administration's original MOU, according to multiple sources, who told the Free Beacon that Congress is preparing for a fight with the current administration if it chooses to move forward with the plan. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is said to be spearheading the effort to request Israel give back the additional funding, arguing that Israel must stick to the letter of the former Obama administration's MOU, despite objections by Congress, sources told the Free Beacon.
Sen. Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) is said to have "strongly warned the State Department" earlier this week "that such action would be unwise and invite unwanted conflict with Israel," according to one senior Congressional aide familiar with the situation.
Congressional leaders remain concerned that the Obama administration's MOU with Israel limits lawmakers' constitutional right to allocate U.S. aid dollars in whatever manner they see fit. The MOU has long been a cornerstone of the U.S.-Israel military alliance and Congress has traditionally amplified funding after consulting with Israeli counterparts.(Read more)
- O, Lord God! Our spirits are grieved to read this news. Abba Father God, we cry out for mercy! We ask that You, by Your Mighty Hand, would intervene so that this wicked proposal, "demanding" that Israel return these much needed funds, be withdrawn. Father, forgive those in the State Department who are promoting this scheme, for they know not what they do. May their wickedness fall back upon their own heads, in Your name, amen.
- [Regarding the promised aid] "But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes ' or 'No, no'; anything beyond these is of evil." (Matthew 5:37)
3. U.S. warplanes are called off surveillance of ISIS convoy, at Russia's request - Washington Post
At Russia's request, the U.S. military on Friday called off its surveillance of a convoy of Islamic State fighters that has been stuck in the Syrian desert for the past 10 days, saying it is now up to the Syrian government to resolve its fate. . .
Because Syrian troops are now in control of the area, the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State agreed to a Russian request to halt the surveillance, in the interests of deconflicting the rival Russian- and U.S.-backed efforts to defeat the militants, the statement said. The military added that it would continue to try to prevent the militants aboard the buses from reaching Iraq. (Please read entire article for more understanding)
- Father God, we thank You that as we lift our petitions to You, we are praying to the One who is Omniscient and who thus knows all things. Lord God, this report is confusing, and we know not all the details. But when Syria, Russia and Iraq are all named . . . something is up.
Lord God, we sense that the well-being of the nation of Israel may be at stake here. Please Lord God, undertake to protect Your people, amen and amen.
- "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." (Ephesians 6:18)
4. Ex-prosecutor: Obama, not Comey, let Hillary skate - WND
The recent disclosure that then-FBI Director James Comey prepared a statement letting Hillary Clinton off the hook for her abuse of classified information more than two months before his public announcement shouldn't be a surprise, according to a former federal prosecutor. Comey simply was following a defense strategy voiced by President Obama in April 2016 and leaked by the State Department a month later "of concocting a crime no one was claiming Clinton had committed," said former assistant U.S. attorney Andrew McCarthy, writing in National Review's blog The Corner. Obama, his Justice Department and Comey insisted the bar for prosecuting Clinton was evidence she had transmitted classified information with an intent to harm the United States.
But the relevant statute doesn't require intent. The evidence that she, as Comey admitted, willfully transmitted classified information, was grossly negligent in handling it, and withheld or destroyed government records was enough to prosecute her. (Read more)
- Father God, You know all of the lies, coverups, and criminal actions that have taken place in our government for many years. All of those things are still being done for the purpose of personal gain of power and the destruction of the United States. The U.S. is in desperate need of action from Heaven to save our nation. You, oh Lord, are the true power over all things. You are the Light of the world. Lead those in darkness to the Light. If they choose to hide from the Light, take them out of power, we pray, amen.
- "Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience."
5. Top 10 leftist groups wreaking havoc across U.S., sabotaging Trump - WND
The left has mobilized in a new surge of activism since Trump's presidential campaign and election.
"Resistance" groups - many with the help of Soros and Clinton - are flooding Democratic candidates with volunteers, financial aid and new energy. They're mobilizing in opposition to President Trump and organizing to help Democrats take control of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2018. Activists are launching vicious "hate" campaigns and boycotts against conservatives, loudly disrupting GOP town-hall events and even stalking Republican congressmen by showing up at their homes.
Worse yet, radical socialists and anarchists are taking the opposition to a dangerous new level - disrupting speeches and rallies with bloody riots, brutal stabbings and extreme vandalism. They set fires to college campuses, businesses and vehicles while assaulting police officers with rocks, fireworks, bricks and Molotov cocktails. In a stomach-churning twist, the anarchists appear to favor weapons, such as bottles and balloons, filled with urine and feces.
While the anarchists wreaking havoc in the streets claim to have no structure, organization or leaders, many have strong ties or hold membership in other liberal activist groups leading the "resistance." (Read more here)
- Father, many intercessors believe that You placed President Trump in the highest position in our land. He has met with very ugly resistance on everything he tries to accomplish. Let him hear the Holy Spirit's guidance to move forward as You lead him through each day. Give him super natural vision and hearing to make the decisions You would have him make. Keep Your angel army of protection around him, his wife and young son. Show him those he cannot trust and those he can. Encourage him and let him know You are beside him. Thank you, Lord.
- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)
6. 47 big-name conservatives warn media on SPLC's 'hit list' - WND
They are among the rudders of America's conservative movement.
Names such as L. Brent Bozell III of the Media Research Center, Edwin Meese III of the Heritage Foundation, Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, Lt. Gen. (Ret.) William Boykin of the Family Research Council, Mat Staver of Liberty Counsel and Michael Farris of Alliance Defending Freedom. They are the ones media seek out for comment on important issues of the day.
Now they collectively are sending a message to establishment media: Stop using the "hit pieces" from the Southern Poverty Law Center in your reporting. Forty-seven individuals and groups in a coalition Wednesday released an open letter to news outlets, calling on them to stop using data from the "discredited Southern Poverty Law Center." (Read more)
- Our Father, please bring peace to our nation. Hate doesn't come from You. Let those that hate repent and change their hearts to see You and Your ways. Let the eyes of the wicked be opened so they will see You. Turn evil into good for Your Kingdom growth. Thank you for those who have joined together to stop the media from using data from the SPLC. Bless them, Lord.
- "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
7. U.S. Calls for UN Vote Monday on Fresh North Korea Sanctions - Bloomberg
The U.S. said it would seek a vote Monday on a draft United Nations Security Council resolution on North Korea, as it pushes for fresh sanctions against the regime after its recent nuclear test.
The U.S. informed the Security Council on Friday night of its plan to call the vote, the State Department said in a brief statement, adding it would look to impose further penalties on Pyongyang.
Japanese Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera said he hoped for a firm UN resolution, adding stronger economic penalties might lead to a change in North Korea's behavior. "Oil sanctions are the most effective sanctions, so I'd like to strongly ask for this," he said on Saturday on Nippon Television. (Read more)
> > > BREAKING! DPRK Central News Agency: N. Korea threatens to inflict on the US "the greatest pain and suffering in its entire history" if it pursues more UN sanctions." (Source: AlertsUSA)
- Father God, even as we watch the natural disasters that are now visiting our own nation, let us continue to keep a watchful eye over North Korea. Lord God, hem her in, so that Kim Jung Un will do nothing to harm his people . . . or ours. In Your Name, amen.
- "I will stand on my guard post And station myself on the rampart . . ."
8. Governor in U.S. territory orders gun grab - WND
U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma.
Mapp signed the order Monday in preparation for Hurricane Irma. The order allows the Adjutant General of the Virgin Islands to seize private property they believe necessary to protect the islands, subject to approval by the territory's Justice Department.
Mapp issued an emergency declaration Tuesday and mobilized National Guard units to prepare for the massive storm. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the protection of the private property, private guns, etc during Hurricane Irma. We have heard no other reports of this seizure of private property during this storm. Protect the citizens from this order.
- They covet fields and then seize them, And houses, and take them away They rob a man and his house, A man and his inheritance. (Micah 2:2)
9. Judge advances 'Muslim Mafia's' case against U.S. terror-watch list - WND
The Council on American-Islamic Relations, founded in Washington, D.C., by the Palestinian terrorist organization Hamas, said Friday it defeated a motion filed by the federal government to dismiss the organization's lawsuit on behalf of 25 American Muslims challenging their placement on a terror watch list. The Muslims, mostly from Michigan, claim they were put on the Terror Screening Database of "known or suspected terrorists" without due process.
Among CAIR's complaints in the lawsuit are "invasive additional screening and prolonged detentions," "the inability to conduct wire transfers," "being treated as armed and dangerous by local law enforcement during routine traffic stops" and "the inability to obtain employment positions at airports." (Read more)
- Father, we pray protection from those who wish to do us harm. We pray for continued enforcement of the terrorist watch list, and to limit activities of those on the list.
- The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; (Psalm 121:7)
10. Nearly 1/2 of all Americans just had personal data hacked - WND
The personal data of nearly half of all Americans - including names, birth dates, Social Security numbers, credit-card information, addresses and even driver's license numbers - may have been stolen by criminal hackers, one of the largest credit reporting agencies in the U.S. said Thursday. Equifax announced that the data breach may impact as many as 143 million U.S. customers, CNBC reported. That's nearly half of the current U.S. population of 324 million, meaning it impacts a massive number of Americans and is one of the largest cybersecurity breaches in U.S. history.
Equifax apparently discovered the breach 40 days ago, on July 29, and it is only now announcing the incident. In fact, three senior executives at the company sold off shares worth nearly $1.8 million just after Equifax discovered the breach, Bloomberg reported.
"This is a security risk for any and every website that anyone uses," said cyber-security firm Soteria CEO and founder Christopher O'Rourke, according to CNBC. "Most often, security questions to access those websites use that data, like a previous address, so this becomes an open-source intelligence nightmare, worse in many ways than the Office of Professional Management government breach. It's nasty. If I can get my hands on that information, I can call a bank. They're going to ask me for your social, address, the information that was leaked here, to get access." (Read more)
- In Jesus name, we declare and decree God's protection promises according to Psalm 91 from all malicious attacks on our personal identity information. We declare and decree that truth and justice will prevail concerning these criminal acts of evil. We pray for the lost souls that need redemption through our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. For while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Lord, we offer our praise and thanksgiving as a token of our faith for hearing and answering our prayers of agreement. Amen - So be it!
- "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
More Daily Features
More Daily Features
(See below . . .)
- The Persecuted Church
- Classic Hymns
- Signs and Wonders
- The Good News Corner
- Worship with Us Today!
Prayers for the Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
FAIREST LORD JESUS
"Who is this . . . fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars?" (Song of Solomon 6:10)
FAIREST LORD JESUS
"Who is this . . . fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars?" (Song of Solomon 6:10)
Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands, Robed in the blooming garb of spring; Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer, Who makes the woeful heart to sing.
Fair is the sunshine, Fairer still the moonlight, And all the twinkling starry host; Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer Than all the angels heaven can boast.
All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly, Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee; None can be nearer, fairer or dearer, Than Thou, my Savior, art to me.
Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations! Son of God and Son of Man! Glory and honor, praise, adoration, Now and forever more be Thine.
Please go here.
About the Author:
(Unknown. Written in Germany in 1677)
Words: translated from German to English by Joseph A. Seiss, 1873.
Melody: Richard S. Willis, 1850
Signs and Wonders
MAJOR SOLAR FLARE AND RADIATION STORM
Departing sunspot AR2673 erupted again on Sept.10th (1606 UT), producing a major X8-class solar flare. Protons accelerated toward Earth by the explosion are swarming around our planet now, causing a moderately strong solar radiation storm.
A pulse of ultraviolet and X-radiation from the flare ionized the top of Earth's atmosphere, triggering a shortwave radio blackout over the Americas. That blackout is now subsiding. However, an even stronger blackout of shortwave radio communications around the poles is still underway. Stay tuned for updates about this significant event. (Spaceweather.com)
"I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke." (Acts 2:19)
The Good News Corner
GRAB ON TO THIS POWERFUL PROMISE FOR TODAY!
THERE IS HOPE AFTER HARVEY AND IRMA'S DEVASTATION
"You may fall, but you'll never fall through. You may look like you're down, but you'll never go so low in despair, depression, trouble, or in sorrow that He's not there. When you have those days or a season where you are lower than low, if you will remember that He's underneath you and have faith to believe this promise, it will change everything." - Jentezen Franklin
(Gainesville, GA) - [Charisma News] You would just about have to live under a rock not to be aware of all the devastation of the past few weeks from Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Just like hundreds of churches across the country, we have worked hard to help provide relief, resources and funds for the thousands that are suffering from the aftermath of this destruction of mass proportion.
Whether you are there in those flood-ravaged regions, struggling through the aftermath of this weather phenomenon or if you are going through a whole different kind of storm in your own life, the Lord sent me to you today with these written words to remind you of one promise and encourage you with another.
When an extraordinary crisis occurs, a supernatural response is what is required. I find it absolutely amazing and telling that in every storm and every devastating event that occurs such as the recent hurricanes, you will witness incredible acts of humanity, rescues beyond belief and the presence of Jesus through and the response of His people at the lowest points man endures. (Read more)
Worship With Us Today!
Kari Jobe - Holy Spirit
To worship with us today, please go here . . .
About Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Mission Statement
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a ministry which is positioned on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., helping members of the Body of Christ to "pray for those in authority over us" in our federal government. Our primary purpose is to offer intercession on site for the members of Congress and their staffs each day that the Senate and the House of Representatives are in session; and our chief prayer focus is that "God's will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." [Matthew 6:10].
Because Jesus Christ has shed His blood for all, we, too, pray for ALL, in a nonpartisan manner. Also, because the scriptures indicate that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 4:17), we are confident that fervent prayer, offered in the halls of the highest chambers of government in our land, can avail much for America. Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes those who feel called to join us, engaging in this strategic work of intercession for our nation: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God." [Romans 13:1]
Friends may participate by receiving our daily prayer alerts. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. CHPP is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt ministry. Thank you and God bless you!
Note: You may also learn more about CHPP by going here to visit our blog. Thank you!
We Welcome Your Gifts
We Welcome Your Gifts
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (CHPP) is a 501(c)(3), tax- exempt, faith-based, ministry, dedicated to praying for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). CHPP relies solely on the gifts of our readers to continue this work; thus we greatly appreciate your help in supporting this publication. Offerings may be sent to: Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, P.O. Box 5152, Herndon, VA 20172-1970. Please make checks payable to: CHPP. THANK YOU!
Now you can also donate online by going here. Or . . . if you prefer, simply paste this link into your browser to access our secure online donor system:
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Philippians 4:23)
Join our Bible Readathon!
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
Our conference number is: 712-770-4340.
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]