This weekend: the March of Remembrance!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, April 17, 2015
"You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light."
(2 Samuel 22:29)
IMPORTANT BULLETIN!! TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marriage & Supreme Court Prayer Briefing
One - Hour Conference Call with Key National Prayer Leaders
Dial-in Number: 1-209-647-1600
Participant Code: 123910#
SEE DETAILS BELOW!!
The Daily Brief
1. Power: US won't dismiss anti-Israel UN resolutions - Times of Israel
US envoy to UN doesn't rule out advancing decisions targeting Israel but says Washington will be there 'when it matters'
The United States would continue to "work closely" with Israel at the United Nations but would not rule out advancing resolutions targeting Israel, the US ambassador to the world body said. Samantha Power testified Wednesday before the foreign operations subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee of the US House of Representatives.
Rep. Nita Lowey, D-NY, the top Democrat on the committee and the subcommittee, told Power that she was troubled by reports "suggesting a reevaluation of our long-standing policy of defending Israel at the UN" and said "supporting or remaining agnostic" on UN resolutions targeting Israel would violate the 1993 Oslo peace accords.
Rep. Kay Granger, R-Texas, the chairwoman of the subcommittee, also was disturbed by reports that the United States may allow such resolutions to go forward. "I am also very concerned about recent statements from administration officials that suggest the United States is reevaluating its approach to the peace process and reports that the US may support a UN Security Council resolution laying out conditions and establishing deadlines," Granger said.
Power said the United States would continue to stand with Israel "when it matters. . . We will continue to work extremely closely with Israel in New York," Power replied. "As you know well we have a record of standing when it matters with Israel." (Read more) (Read more)
- O Lord, God of Israel, and our precious Lord, we knew this day was coming, as You, Yourself, declared there would come a day when Israel would be forsaken by her "friends" and stand alone against the world. It appears that day is fast approaching! God, have mercy on all who would align themselves against her, we pray. We ask, Lord, for Congress to do their best to intervene in this situation and throw its weight behind Israel, and stand with her against her enemies. To be with Israel, "when it matters", is to always be with her, as, it always matters! We ask for Your grace to be upon us, in addition to Your mercy. Lord, we do pray, that as Israel observes what is happening, that they will realize that You alone are their Help in the time of trouble, and may they, collectively, cry out to You, "blessed is He Who comes in the Name of the Lord"! Give them the revelation that You are their Messiah, and may they embrace You! We pray that You will give us a new President, who will love and stand with Israel, against the world, we pray, Amen!!
- "For behold, in those days and at that time when I shall reverse the captivity and restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and will bring them down into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, and there will I deal with and execute judgment upon them for [their treatment of] My people and of My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations and [because] they have divided My land.And they have cast lots for My people, and have given a boy for a harlot and have sold a girl for juice [of the grape] and have drunk it." (Joel 3:1-3)
2. Russia blames U.S. for security crises and turmoil in Ukraine - Reuters
Top Russian officials accused the United States on Thursday of seeking political and military dominance and sought to put blame on the West for international security crises, including the conflict in east Ukraine. Evoking Cold War-style rhetoric, Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said a drive by the United States and its allies to bring Kiev closer to the West was a threat to Moscow and had forced it to react. "The United States and its allies have crossed all possible lines in their drive to bring Kiev into their orbit. That could not have failed to trigger our reaction," he told an annual security conference in Moscow. Echoing his comments, General Valery Gerasimov, chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, told the meeting: "Considering themselves the winners of the Cold War, the United States decided to reshape the world to fit its needs. "Aiming at complete dominance, Washington stopped taking into account the interests of other countries and respect international law." (Read more)
- Abba, it seems like our relationships with other nations are also deteriorating, and we are being blamed by many for the discord that exists. We know what You say in Your Word about pleasing You, and You will grant us favor with others. We pray this will come to pass, in Yeshua's Name, as we endeavor to live as You did when You were here on earth. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:7)
3. Obama goes all-in on gay rights as his legacy - Washington Times
With actions as sweeping as new workplace rules for gays and as symbolic as a gender-neutral bathroom in the White House, President Obama is stepping up his efforts in the sexual-orientation culture wars and trying to burnish his legacy as a champion of gay rights.
Activists in both parties say Mr. Obama's renewed push for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality could have implications for the 2016 election, because his actions will be difficult for the next president to reverse, and because he is solidifying the Democratic Party's already-strong ties to a part of its base that votes enthusiastically and raises campaign money prodigiously.
"Clearly, the president and his team are banking on milking the waning hours of the culture war," said Greg McNeilly, a Republican strategist in Michigan who is gay. "It's working for them now, and they're trying to maximize that effect. I do see him accelerating his efforts." (Read more)
- Father, we grieve for our president who desires such an ignominious goal of his administration. Not to bring goodness and righteousness to us, but perversion and evil. We ask You to forgive his wayward ways, and show him the truth of Your Word, so that He may consecrate His will to You and follow You all the days of his life. Amen.
- "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death. Even in laughter the heart may ache, and rejoicing may end in grief. The faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good rewarded for theirs. The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps. The wise fear and Lord and shun evil, but a fool is hotheaded and yet feels secure." (Proverbs 14:12-16)
4. Obama amnesty granted 500,000 Social Security numbers to illegal immigrants - Washington Times
"This grant transfers jobs, wealth and benefits from marginalized U.S. workers directly to illegal workers," said Stephen Miller, a spokesman for Mr. Sessions. "One of the most dramatic costs of amnesty - whether legislative or imposed through executive diktat - is the opening of our federal Trust Funds to large numbers of lower-income illegal immigrants."
Mr. Obama's latest amnesty, announced in November 2014, has been halted by a federal court, so no Social Security numbers have been granted under that policy. But the first amnesty, announced in June 2012 and covering young adult illegal immigrants known as Dreamers, remains in effect, and had approved nearly 639,000 persons as of the end of 2014. All those applying for the amnesty are required to apply for a work permit as well, and almost all are approved for that document, which they can then use to obtain a Social Security number.
About 541,000 numbers had been granted as of the end of 2014, meaning about 85 percent of all Dreamers had been given the coveted numbers. Still others could be in the pipeline, making the actual approval rate somewhat higher.
A federal appeals court earlier this month tossed a challenge to the 2012 amnesty, ruling that neither immigration agents nor Mississippi, who had both sued to stop the policy, had standing to bring a lawsuit. That appeals court will hold an initial oral argument session Friday on the 2014 amnesty, which could grant tentative legal status, work permits and Social Security numbers to as many as 5 million illegal immigrants. (Read more)
- O Lord God, we come to You asking for mercy for Your people, who wish to work and earn a decent income for their families. We ask that You would enable them to do so, and redirect these funds that our administration wishes to funnel to those who are here illegally. We ask that You reward the diligent, and make straight paths for their feet. May they serve You with their whole hearts and bodies, and we will pray, in Yeshua's Name. Amen.
- "Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun-all the days of futility. For that is your portion in this life and in your work at which you toil under the sun. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol (the place of the dead), where you are going. I returned and saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift nor the battle to the strong, neither is bread to the wise nor riches to men of intelligence and understanding nor favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all." (Ecclesiastes 9:9-11)
5. Corporate bankruptcies are on the rise in America - Business Insider
"Come down to Houston," William Snyder, leader of the Deloitte Corporate Restructuring Group, told Reuters. "You'll see there is just a stream of consultants and bankruptcy attorneys running around this town," he said. But it's not just in Houston or in the oil patch. It's in retail, healthcare, mining, finance - bankruptcies are suddenly booming, after years of drought. (Read more)
- Father, we are saddened to see a rise in debt in our nation, resulting in an increase of corporate bankruptcies, as well as individual ones. We know the economy is deteriorating, and our taxes and expenses seem to be increasing, as we give away our income to those who are not even citizens of this nation, and who are breaking the law by even being here. We believe we are reaping bad seed that we have planted, and ask for Your forgiveness. These last eight years under a lawless president has brought Your judgment upon us, as this administration has been favoring Your enemies, and turning our backs on Your people, Israel. Abortion has become rife, homosexuality extolled, and men doing whatever they want, regardless of the consequences. Hear our prayers for deliverance we pray, Amen.
- "In those days there was no king in Israel. People did whatever they felt like doing." (Joshua 17:6)
6. Bible Won't Be Official State Book of TN - Family Action Council of Tennesse
With a 22-9 vote, the Senate effectively killed the 'Bible bill' for this year a day after it was adopted in the House. After the state's Attorney General opined that the bill was constitutionally indefensible, the Senate referred the bill to the Senate's Judiciary Committee for further study regarding the constitutional issue. Supporters of the bill can decide if they want to pick the issue up again next year and try to move it forward. (Read more here)
- Lord God, many of us were excited on Wednesday, when we learned that the Tennessee House of Representatives voted Wednesday 55-38 in favor of this bill, making the Bible the official state book. Now, their Senate has killed this action.
Abba Father, we stand in the gap for the State of Tennessee and we ask that You would strengthen the hearts of those in that state who would support this bill. We ask that, indeed, a victory would be seen in Tennessee, that the Word of God be honored in that state. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen. - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)
7. Abortion Legislation Passes TN Senate - Family Action Council of Tennesse
The Tennessee Senate approved two measures related to the passage of last year's Amendment 1 on Wednesday: Sen. Beavers' bill (Senate Bill 1222) requiring informed consent and a 48-hour waiting period after being informed before the abortion can be performed and Sen. Hensley's bill (Senate Bill 1280) requiring any facility or doctor's office performing more than 50 abortions a year to comply with the safety regulations required for an ambulatory surgical treatment center. The Tennessee House will vote on the bills Monday and is expected to approve the measures. (Read more)
- Lord God, we do thank You that, today, there is yet reason for rejoicing by the saints of the State of Tennessee. We ask that both of these pro-life measures be passed in their House of Representatives on Monday, and enacted into law by Tennessee's Governor Bill Haslam. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- " . . . he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)
8. House Passes One-Page Bill to Try to Prevent Future IRS Email Abuse - CNSNews.com
Tax week is not something to celebrate for most Americans, but one member of Congress took advantage of the occasion to seek passage of a bill he said would protect U.S. taxpayers from IRS officials or staff using personal e-mail accounts for government business.
In a voice vote on Apr. 15, the one-page IRS Email Transparancy Act (HR 1152) passed by voice vote in the House. The bill was sponsored by Rep. Kenny Marchant (R-Tex.) and co-sponsored by Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.). (Read more)
- Hallelujah and thank You, Lord!!
- "Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord . . ." (Psalm 150:6)
9. Christians Murdered at Sea - Fox News
Muslim migrants arrested for allegedly throwing Christians into sea after brawl
Italian police said Thursday that 15 African Muslim migrants have been arrested after witnesses said the refugees threw 12 Christians into the Mediterranean following a brawl.
Palermo police told the Associated Press that they had learned of the assault while interviewing tearful survivors from Nigeria and Ghana who had arrived in the city Wednesday morning after being rescued at sea by the ship Ellensborg.
The 15 were accused of multiple homicide aggravated by religious hatred, police said in a statement. (Read more)
- Father God, more and more these days, we are seeing a clear "line in the sand" in the battle between good and evil. We thank You, Lord, not that these Christians were drowned at sea, but for the knowledge that each one now rests with You.
We come against the demonic principality of Islam, and we thank You that this evil, too, is now under Your feet. Thank You, Lord -- we have the victory! In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you." (Romans 16:20)
10. WH: 'We Are Clear-Eyed About the Risk That Is Emanating From Yemen Right Now' - CNSNews.com
In a particularly troubling development Thursday, al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) captured a major airport, a seaport (including an oil terminal), and a military base, consolidating its control over the country's largest province, the Associated Press reported.
Yet as recently as last month, the Obama administration was standing by its assertion that Yemen has been a counter-terror success.(Read more)
- Lord God, we offer up prayers in the Spirit over this troubled country, and we ask that You yet make a way of escape for the American citizens and others who are trapped inside its borders. We ask for Your help, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "O Lord, God of vengeance, God of vengeance, shine forth!" (Psalm 94:1)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. As talks intensify, Netanyahu mulls narrow coalition - Israel Hayom
Likud sources: Initial coalition could include Likud, Kulanu, Habayit Hayehudi and ultra-Orthodox parties, after which Netanyahu would invite Labor to join * PM hopes to seal deal with Kulanu party by Tuesday before final two-weeks of talks commence.
Coalition talks shifted to high gear on Wednesday when Likud and Kulanu negotiators met to finalize the terms of their emerging coalition deal. Both sides appear poised to sign the deal as early as next week.
Netanyahu, who is about to exhaust the 28 days he had been allotted by the president for the coalition talks, is expected to arrive at the President's Residence on Tuesday to ask for more time. (Under the law, he may get another 14 days, at the president's discretion.) Netanyahu hopes to have at least one official coalition partner when he makes that request, and has indicated that if he fails to seal the deal with Kahlon, he could turn to the ultra-Orthodox parties -- Shas and United Torah Judaism. (Read more)
2. Yisrael Beytenu to PM: Retract promises to ultra-Orthodox -Times of Israel
Yisrael Beytenu leader Avigdor Liberman is slated to meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu on Friday to discuss the formation of the next governing coalition.
Yisrael Beytenu MK Robert Ilatov, meanwhile, warned Wednesday that if Netanyahu won't back away from alleged promises he made to ultra-Orthodox parties, then Yisrael Beytenu will consider staying out of the government. (Read more)
3. Report: Rivlin Working Towards Unity Government - Israel National News
President Reuven Rivlin is working behind the scenes towards the formation of a unity government made up of Likud and the Labor-Hatnua joint list, known as the "Zionist Union", Channel 10 News reported Thursday.
According to the report, Rivlin has been saying in private conversations that "we need to have the broadest possible government".
The president reportedly spoke about the issue with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu before the official Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony at Yad Vashem on Wednesday evening, and is also in contact with Labor leader Yitzhak Herzog to persuade him to join a Likud-led government. (Read more)
4. Lapid to Mogherini: EU foreign ministers are calling for a de-facto boycott of Israel - Jerusalem Post
A call by 16 European Union foreign ministers to label West Bank settlement products is irresponsible, Yesh Atid party head Yair Lapid said Thursday night as he spoke by telephone with the EU's foreign policy chief Frederica Mogherini.
"This is a de-facto call to boycott Israel," he said. "There is no difference between products which are produced over the Green Line and those that are produced within the Green Line.
"This is an irresponsible call that could create wreak havoc on the Israeli economy. This kind of call is a stain on the EU, and the state of Israel has to fight to prevent this kind of initiative," he said. (Read more)
5. Hamas calls to abduct Israelis for future swaps - YNET News
A senior Hamas official in the Gaza Strip called on Thursday for the abduction of Israelis, who would be swapped for Palestinians held by the Jewish State.
"We tell the Zionist enemy: you are all a target for us and the resistance, we will fight you until we finally get rid of you and take as many captives as possible to free our heroes," said Khalil al-Haya, whose Islamist movement de facto rules the Palestinian enclave. (Read more)
6. Clan Politics Sows Civil War Among Palestinians - Israel National News
This past week, the Palestinian Authority (PA) arrested several terrorists in the Balata 'refugee camp' outside of Shechem (Nablus). The fighting there was reported to be with members of a faction of Fatah, Mahmoud Abbas' own ruling party. It is seldom reported in the press what factionalism might exist among Palestinians, particularly within different parties, but it is a truly important element of the sociopolitical dynamic there.
"I keep claiming that the facade of unity within the PLO is very shallow and very fragile. It comes out over time in various manifestations. This can be one of them," says Professor Mordechai Kedar of Bar Ilan University and the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies. "This is the problem with the national Palestinian project in making a nation. It has never succeeded to overcome the differences between clans, factions and local loyalties - leaders and sheikhs who consider the Palestinian Authority illegitimate. For example if there's a dispute between two clans about anything, the last authority they'd resort to is the PA." (Read more)
7. Israel deploying revolutionary anti-tunnel system on Gaza border -Times of Israel
The IDF is set to deploy a revolutionary new tunnel detection system along the Gaza Strip border, in an effort to better protect Israeli citizens from terrorist infiltration. The new system was already successfully trialed in recent months along parts of the border, and is now expected to be expanded further, the daily newspaper Yedioth Aharonot reported Thursday. An exact time-frame for its deployment was not made immediately clear. (Read more)
8. Arab world: Egypt's dangerous stalemate - Jerusalem Post
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi is fighting for his country's survival - and his own.
Islamic terrorism is not abating, hampering vital efforts to bring a better life to the people through a revitalized economy and political stability. Sisi knows he has to show results soon to prevent Egypt from slipping back into anarchy and chaos.
Despite the army's all-out effort to defeat Islamist insurgency in Sinai, there is no end in sight. F-16 fighter planes and Apache helicopters have joined the campaign, security forces have killed or wounded hundreds of terrorists, destroying their haunts and their training groups - but more keep coming. (Read more)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
IS at US border--Of misinformation and lies
It's really difficult these days to distinguish between truth, lies and deception, especially when it concerns the US government. Prior to beginning The Daily Jot in January of 2002, I had worked as an award winning journalist for a major news organization. Our primary audience was the financial industry where our stories moved markets. It was drilled into us each day that we must have our facts right. We were required to have two unrelated sources confirming the same news event. There were three levels of editors that our stories passed through before being released on the wire--all in very competitive time. This is the same journalistic approach that is taken each day for The Daily Jot. I strive to be careful.
There has been a steady stream of reports from border-area media about Muslim prayer rugs, Arabic literature and other documentation indicating that Islamists have been crossing into the US. The current Administration has encouraged this "immigration." There is also documentation that there are at least 23 terrorist training camps located across the US--something the FBI has known about since the Bush Administration, but has done nothing. Dearborn, Michigan and St Paul, Minnesota are essentially Muslim colonies where some of the most extreme anti-American teachings emanate from mosques each week. The Islamic threat from within this country is well-documented despite government inaction.
Some sources are tried and true. One such source is government watchdog Judicial Watch (JW). Tom Fitton and his crew are top-notch at what they do--which is often more than what Congress does--holding the government accountable. In the face of government denial, Homeland Security in particular, JW is documenting the existence of an Islamic State camp just eight miles from the Texas border. Immediately, websites like truthorfiction or snopes go into action printing government denials and discrediting sources. I don't put much stock in these types of websites. Sometimes investigative stories take a while to develop and the government is not a good source on things it wants to keep quiet.
As an update on the JW story, JW reports that a "high-level intelligence source confirmed that the FBI called a special meeting at the US consulate in Ciudad Juarez to "to address a press strategy to deny Judicial Watch's accurate reporting and identify who is providing information to JW. FBI supervisory personnel met with Mexican Army officers and Mexican Federal Police officials, according to JW's intelligence source. The FBI liaison officers regularly assigned to Mexico were not present at the meeting and conspicuously absent were representatives from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)." JW is standing by its story despite the government denials. If only Congress were so diligent. There is a lot of smoke on this, and the fire may be forthcoming. As Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Thursday, April 16, 2015
One person, one vote--not with voting machines
There have been countless little internet surveys popping up on Facebook and on other websites asking people if they would vote for Hillary Clinton. The overwhelming majority of those responding to the surveys say an emphatic "NO." So if it happens that Hillary gets elected President and you can't find anyone who voted for her, what gives? It could be the voting machines are rigged. For scores of years there have been vote-rigging schemes. When you see more people voting than a precinct has registered and dead people voting and so-called "calibration" errors on the voting machines, America is very vulnerable to a governmental overthrow. A recent study reported by the UK Guardian is an example.
The Guardian reports that a person with access to simple security codes could have hacked voter machines used in Virginia between 2002 and 2014 to influence an election. The Guardian reports: "Touchscreen voting machines used in numerous elections between 2002 and 2014 used "abcde" and "admin" as passwords and could easily have been hacked from the parking lot outside the polling place, according to a state report...In a damning study published Tuesday, the Virginia Information Technology Agency and outside contractor Pro V&V found numerous flaws in the system, which had also been used in Mississippi and Pennsylvania."
The AVS WinVote machines, used in three presidential elections in Virginia, "would get an F-minus" in security, according to Jeremy Epstein of SRI International, an investigator for the Virginia State Legislative Commission. Epstein told the Guardian, "I got to question a guy by the name of Brit Williams, who'd certified them, and I said, 'How did you do a penetration test? and he said, 'I don't know how to do something like that'...You could have broken into one of these with a very small amount of technical assistance." Epstein also said there was no way of tracking whether the machines were hacked. Remember that Virginia and Pennsylvania were key states in the past two presidential elections.
Epstein wrote in his blog, "If an election was held using the AVS WinVote, and it wasn't hacked, it was only because no one tried. The vulnerabilities were so severe, and so trivial to exploit, that anyone with even a modicum of training could have succeeded." When you see 116% of a precinct voting for one candidate, somebody is trying something. This phenomena was reported in Philadelphia precincts in the last presidential election. The very people who cry foul against voters being required to show an identification are the same who win these types of elections. Now you know why. 2 Timothy 3:13 says, "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
URGENT CONCALL TOMORROW!!!
Urgent: Important call tomorrow for pastors and prayer leaders!
We invite you to join us tomorrow (Saturday, April 18) for an exclusive briefing for pastors and prayer leaders. The goal is to urge informed and fervent prayer for marriage and the U.S. Supreme Court during the days before the Court hears oral arguments over same sex marriage. Many believe the High Court will rule that same-sex "marriage" is a fundamental right under the U.S. Constitution and that laws in all 50 states must conform. Based upon what individual Justices have said and done publicly, the odds are stacked heavily against us. But God is Sovereign, and it is our task to intercede.
Here are the particulars: Saturday, April 18th from 10:00-11:00 AM ET. Call 1-209-647-1600 and enter Participant Code: 123910#. Your host will be Rev. Pierre Bynum, our National Prayer Director, and you will hear from the following:
Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin, Executive Vice President, Family Research Council
Rev. Rick Scarborough, Vision America
Lea Carawan, Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
Pastor Ron Johnson, Living Stones Church, Indiana
Allan Parker, The Justice Foundation
Rev. Dick Simmons, Men for Nations DC
Jason Hershey, DavidsTentDC
David Kubal , Intercessors for America
"God save the United States and this honorable court" is the public prayer that has begun every Supreme Court session for over 200 years. But the Court has decided some cases wrongly, with tragic, even devastating results: The Dred Scott Decision; Roe v. Wade, etc. Christians must "ask and keep on asking" the Lord to answer that prayer!
Join this urgent Prayer Briefing to learn what you can do before the oral arguments and a decision that could prove to be a "tipping point" in American history. Again, to attend the Briefing by phone on Saturday April 18th at 10:00 AM ET, here is the information:
Dial-in Number: 1-209-647-1600
Participant Code: 123910#
Jesus said: "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder" (Matt 19:6 KJV). We do not want to see marriage redefined on our watch and believe that together we can muster and mobilize every church and prayer ministry possible to pray for God to intervene. God says: "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me" (Ps 50:15 KJV). Please join us tomorrow morning for the Prayer Briefing
In the meantime, visit our Stand for Marriage Sunday: Religious Freedom at Risk page for a game plan you can begin implementing to make a difference.
Standing for Faith, Family and Freedom,
Dr. Kenyn M. Cureton
Vice President for Church Ministries
Family Research Council
The Sickness Of Radical Islam
The Sickness Of Radical Islam
As radical Islam rises throughout Africa, thousands of refugees are fleeing the continent for Europe, which is well-known for its lax immigration policies. Italy, which is just across the Mediterranean Sea from war-ravaged Libya, is feeling the brunt of this massive wave of immigration.
Like Cuban and Haitian refugees attempting to reach the U.S., virtually all of the African immigrants are fleeing in rickety boats and rafts. It is a very dangerous journey. Merchant ships rescued 44,000 people last year. Untold hundreds have perished in the sea.
Not surprisingly, there are Muslims and Christians fleeing the radical Islamists of ISIS, Al Qaeda and Boko Haram. Yet even the Muslims attempting to flee the extremists are still susceptible to the sickness of radical Islam.
Police in Palermo arrested 15 African "refugees" this week. They are charged with multiple counts of homicide for pushing 12 people overboard. According to the Associated Press, the victims "professed the Christian faith while the aggressors were Muslims." Even while fleeing for a better life, some Islamists cannot resist the command to "kill the infidel."
Western Civilization had better wake up fast. Lax immigration policies championed in Europe and the U.S. represent a serious threat to our security.
A Somali native who became a naturalized U.S. citizen last year was indicted in Ohio yesterday. Abdirahman Sheik Mohamud, who has lived in this country since he was two years old, traveled to Syria to wage jihad with ISIS just weeks after gaining his citizenship.
While there, he was trained in "hand-to-hand combat, how to use explosives and how to shoot weapons." An imam instructed him to return to the U.S. to carry out attacks here. Mohamud reportedly wanted to go to Texas to "kill three or four American soldiers execution-style."
How many more Abdirahman Sheik Mohamuds are there overseas waiting to come back? How many are walking among us now? (Gary Bauer)
A Publishing Note
A Publishing Note:
"Streamlined Edition" of the Daily Brief to be Introduced on Monday
Beginning this Monday and until further notice, some of the features you have seen included on the Daily Brief will be suspended.
These will include: Signs and Wonders, Birthdays on the Hill, and the Good News report.
We will continue to post headlines for prayer in the United States and in Israel, the Daily Jot, the songs our grandmothers' sang, and contemporary worship.
Occasional articles by other authors will be included, too.
Thank you again for your strong support in prayer and in offerings to Capitol Hill Prayer Partners. We are blessed to continue standing united, before our Lord, as we see His Kingdom purposes being unveiled before us.
In His Grace and with Grateful Hearts,
Sara Ballenger, President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
The Good News Corner
Israeli Scientists Take Out Brain Cancer Cells with Nanotech Bullets
Glioblastoma is a form of brain cancer doctors call 'the terminator,' because it is largely considered to be incurable. But that's about to change, thanks to a scientific breakthrough - a nanotechnology treatment developed by Israeli scientists. Times of Israel tech correspondent David Shamah tells Voice of Israel's Eitan Press about this new weapon in the fight against cancer. (Breaking Israel News)
View this video reporthere.
> > > Thank you, Israel!!
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:21-23)
In these perilous times, when all that can be shaken is being shaken, let us return to the "faith of our fathers" and sing the hymns and songs of old.
May we each draw strength in our own time, as we "dig the wells of treasure" to draw upon the strength that carried our ancestors through their own perilous times. Amen.
"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
"Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
About the Author:
Words: Thomas O. Chisholm, 1923
Melody: William M. Runyan, 1923
About the Hymn:
According to Chisholm, there were no special circumstances which caused its writing-just his experience and Bible truth. The hymn first appeared in Songs of Salvation and Service, 1923, compiled by William Runyan. It is the unofficial "school hymn" of Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, Illinois, with which Runyan was associated for a number of years.
Signs and Wonders
'Apocalyptic' dust storm descends upon Belarus
A potent dust storm swept through Belarus this week - turning day into night in a scene straight out the Book of Revelation.
Stunning video shows the exact moment when the "apocalyptic" batch of weather invades the city of Soligorsk and plunges one of its bustling roadways into darkness.
Residents were said to be both scared and excited by the natural phenomenon, which hit Belarus on Monday, according to the Russian website RT.
Local meteorologists in the Eastern European region dubbed the ominous occurrence a "haboob" - which means "intense red dust storm" in Arabic. (New York Post) Read more here.
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. George Holding (NC)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Holy, Holy, Holy" - Hillsong
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!